Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#358 - 09/16/07 01:06 AM LRP
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

Loc: Cabarita, Vic, Australia
Hey everyone. Just wondering how many people regularly conduct the Lesser Ritual of The Pentagram? I sometimes use it as an extension of meditation – I suppose you may say a more formal mode of meditation. What do people think of this ritual?

M.'.T.'.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

#404 - 09/17/07 05:59 PM Re: LRP [Re: Mercury_Templar]
Euronymous Offline
stranger

Loc: san diego, ca
Are you alluding to "Lesser Magic"? If so, everyone practices Lesser Magic daily, whether you are a Satanist or not. It is just basic manipulation upon others via the "command to look". The menipulation performed for objective ends benefiting the "Manipulator" of course. If you did not mean "Lesser Ritual" as such, I care to ask you to expand on what it is you were alluding to. Thank you.

#424 - 09/18/07 05:04 AM Re: LRP [Re: Mercury_Templar]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
No, sir. But I've been "meaning to". I wasn't going to respond until the very first response... I was forced...

What does it "do" for you - I have to ask? And, do you use the "traditional" angelic forms, or do you use what I've seen on some "theistic satanist" websites, as the "corrected" version of same such ritual?

Personally, as I feel it, "corrections" are unnecessary and demeaning, but as I said, that's just me.

What do you "do"?

Sincerely,

David.

#444 - 09/18/07 04:15 PM Re: LRP [Re: Euronymous]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

...look it up on google dude.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

#445 - 09/18/07 04:22 PM Re: LRP [Re: daevid777]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

Hi David. Yes, you are right. The mutilations are conducted by those who think everything needs to be inverted or stripped of any meaningful symbolism. I sometimes wish everyone understood that the imagery is not necessary Xian.

For me it is a point of focus – and in some manner I do feel the tradition does affect me. But I don’t really want to label it spiritually empowering or uplifting.

M.'.T.'.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

#453 - 09/19/07 02:27 AM Re: LRP [Re: Mercury_Templar]
daevid777 Offline

Mercury?

Thank you, I actually thought your first response, about Google, was for me, which upset me. Actually, it pissed me off. But, "I'm feeling much better now!"

Good. And thank you again. Now I'm starting to think I'm no longer the tried and true "Satanist", although I identify with the principles. Actually, I've felt this way for a while.

Truly, I am no such sort of "atheistic satanist". And I know there have been arguments against "agnosticism" in the past. Of course, actually "meeting Satan", seems as ridiculous as "meeting god", and I don't want to convey any unnecessary "theism" on my part. However, I am a fan of Crowley, and if he was flawed, I'd like to know where... "The method of Science, the Aim of Religion" - isn't something I'm against.

We simply cannot know, until we know... and things that work, and have seemed to work, cannot be overlooked. As I've said "way" before, I used to read Crowley within a christian construct. Satanism has "cured me" of this, and now it is clearer to me than ever before.

We have to use "words", with "meaning", to communicate. Semantics. Things on certain levels, religious, or even I dare say scientific, lose all sense of normal description, and begin to take on ridiculous names. Quarks, Quasars, "Strawberry Quarks", "Black Holes" - absolutely ludicrous, and absolutely accepted.

There has been, and there will be, arguments completely based on the use of language. This must be stopped....

David.

#483 - 09/19/07 06:05 PM Re: LRP [Re: Mercury_Templar]
Euronymous Offline
stranger

Loc: san diego, ca
Yes I did. And after reading up on the subject, I can say that it is too Crowleyan for me. Personally I dislike old Crowley because I think his philosophy is to tainted and flawed by estoeric gibberish and metaphysical meanderings void of any true earthy substance. But that is just me; I am not the Theistic type of Satanist; I am much more Atheistic. Or as Peter H. Gilmore says "earthy folk".

Edited by Euronymous (09/19/07 06:06 PM)

#488 - 09/19/07 07:39 PM Re: LRP [Re: Euronymous]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

It is actually a Golden Dawn ritual, which has a base of far older symbolism. As for theism; again, to look at the symbolism literally would be a mistake. Perhaps this is why so many people struggle with what could be termed 'gibberish'. And to say the writing of Crowley has no 'earthy substance' or whatever, would again be a case of failing to look beyond the symbolic.

When I use metaphors and personifications I hope to hell none of my students take them literally.

M.'.T.'.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

#582 - 09/23/07 12:53 AM Re: LRP [Re: Euronymous]
97and107 Offline

Loc: New Mexico
Well Aleister was also skilled at poetry and allegory - if you don't understand the style of that time period you can be mislead. Powerful experiences can't always be explained scientifically at the time. Crowley was actually very atheistic in his leanings - he honored the god within. Crowley's attitudes are seemingly appropriate for a 19th century Satanist living as he was in Great Britain. One wonders if he may actually have been a Satanist, at least in his private thoughts. The public certainly seemed to think so. You could be hung in England at the time for being a witch, though, so I think I would have stopped short of openly admitting it.
#584 - 09/23/07 01:01 AM Re: LRP [Re: 97and107]
Ouija CCXVI Offline
lurker

Loc: United States, California
I tend to take the side of Crowley more. His explanation of the inverted Pentagram, compared to the order of the golden dawns, is more appealing to me. I like to look at it as turning Spirit in to matter more so then triumph over evil.

#2048 - 11/19/07 06:40 PM Re: LRP [Re: Ouija CCXVI]
James Lilly Offline
stranger

Loc: USA
Ave Mercury Templar,

I have been using the LBRP and the LIRP for many years now. I use the invoking form in the morning before leaving home. One variation that I think you might find interesting is that before the Angelic quarter calls (i.e. before me Raphael etc…) I vibrate the first Enochian key. For me this has an interesting result. If I know that it is going to be a challenging day I will close with the 18th key or one appropriate to my daily task.

I utilize the banishing form before retiring in its standard form however in each case I have altered the Cabalistic Cross. Between Ateh and Malkuth I vibrate HaSatan. Well that’s my 2 pence anyways.

Rege Satanas,

James

#2678 - 12/10/07 01:44 AM Re: LRP [Re: James Lilly]
Annuit Coeptis Offline
banned
stranger

Loc: USA
The arcane significance of the Pentagram predates written history. Hieroglyphs of the Pentagram have been unearthed in ancient civilizations of the Hindus, Babylonians, Akkadian, Etruscans, Sumerians, and the Egyptians. The sigil of elemental equilibrium is venerated and vulgarized by subsequent societies. The ancient Hebrews correlated the Pentagram with the Pentateuch, the Five Books of Moses in the Old Testament. The Christian Church in its infancy looked in fear upon the Pentagram as corresponding to the five wounds suffered by the fabled Christ upon the Cross. To the elder Greek philosopher-mathematicians, the Pentagram was the PentAlpha, composed of five interlaced letter Alphas. Ancient Astrologers also attributed the Pentagram to the zodiacal patterns of Venus conjunctions with the Sun.

The innumerable elemental mysteries concealed in the hieroglyph of the Pentagram pertain to WoMan as the Microcosm justified and equilibrated. The dreaded Averse Pentagram is a source of misperception and phobia amongst Initiates, including those of the old Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. Averse is defined as 'turned away from an axis', and 'disinclined.' In essence, two Pentagrams upon an axis at the base, mirror the other. The Averse Pentagram is a hieroglyph of Self-Initiation concealed in the elements of an Individuals own Undying nature. It is a self-alchemical formula of realization and synthesis. The Averse Pentagram does not, as the vulgar postulate, represent the Victory of Matter over the Spiritual, as a sigil adverse to profane spiritual materialism, the Averse Pentagram represents the Spirit Self-Initiating into the depths of Matter.

Frater Annuit Coeptis

#2880 - 12/23/07 07:41 PM Re: LRP [Re: Mercury_Templar]
Soluna666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Canada
I personally think the operator can utilize any archetype that resonates with HiR psyche. This is something I debated within for some time...what are angels, what are demons? Is there a difference? I guess it depends on your system. One who is very dogmatizedinQabalah would be quite shocked if one were to suggest using the Four Princes of Hell instead of the Archangels, wouldn't they?
#2914 - 12/25/07 03:39 AM Re: LRP [Re: Soluna666]
daevid777 Offline

If you're truly talking "archetypes", then why would you need to change anything? And, if you felt the need to change anything, why do you think that would matter to anyone? Names??

My question is, why fix it if it isn't broke? And if it is so broken, why use the same exact formula, and just change the names around? Sounds like LaVey's Enochian "Translations" - I really wish that guy had a "works cited" page, or the name of the "translator". Or worse yet, it sounds like the lame-ass "devil-worship" shit that gives everyone a bad name. Bleaaaah.

Bleah.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 27 queries. Zlib compression disabled.