Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#37819 - 04/18/10 08:12 PM Re: stereotypes [Re: exadust]
Miss May Offline
pledge

Loc: sebastopol, CA
 Originally Posted By: exadust
Society has become stereotypical! Mankind tries to rationalize everthing! And that makes no fucking sense! The universe is chaotic and has always been that way! To say there is "good" and "evil" to explain people's behavior is just the belief system put on by the Right Hand Path! We are primal at nature and today's society is trying to domesticate us " Fuck Society and Fuck what's politically correct!"

I agree with your statement exadust!
I also feel that stereotypes are a part of modern life that one must understand to be a part of today's society. From personal experience, utilizing stereotypes can be a tool that anyone can use. If advertising companies use stereotypes to influence the population, then so can anyone who understands how to use them correctly.

#38182 - 04/29/10 09:45 AM Re: stereotypes [Re: Miss May]
Severed Soul Offline
stranger

Loc: USA
Yesterday while in one of my classes the guy who sits next to me told me that he realized he was a Satanist because i had told him about the Satanic Bible. Most of the people in that class are some sort of Christian. Of course when some students heard that they got really interested/ confused and asked why we worship Satan. Not being in the mood to greatly explain my religious path I began telling them a brief summary of it and that we don't worship Satan only ourselves. To my surprise one of the most "christian" person in the class was able to explain it for me. What I am getting at is I am simply surprised that many of the people who you would expect to stereotype you do and some of the people that I would greatly expect to don't and already have at least looked into Satanism.

#39552 - 06/25/10 06:24 AM Re: stereotypes [Re: Severed Soul]
TheSerpent Offline
stranger

Loc: Northern Ireland
I enjoy being stereotyped when people realise that I am a Satanist,I feel that it empowers me as I know that I am of a higher class than these brainwashed idiots, who have the cheek to sterotype something they know nothing about...

“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.”- Dr. LaVey

#39579 - 06/26/10 07:18 PM Re: stereotypes [Re: Miss May]
spiral Offline
stranger

I think there's no brainswashing, just hypocrisy.
#39580 - 06/26/10 07:29 PM Re: stereotypes [Re: spiral]
Protected Offline
stranger

Loc: Australia
 Originally Posted By: spiral
I think there's no brainswashing, just hypocrisy.

Spiral, you may call it what you will but in the end I suppose that it doesn't matter, people are judgemental and stereotypical. Whether this is caused by the constant brainwashing that people undergo from birth, or from the large amounts of hipocrisy doesn't seem to matter as neither, in my view, will ever cease to exist and therefore the problem will remain.
Both of these things lead on to the same thing and unfortunately stereotyping will remain.

- In a world of so many stereotypes, one is left to wonder..
What stereotype do I fit? &
why does stereotyping exist?
Neither of which should matter, I for one do not care in the slightest what people think I am even if i'm not, what they Perceive from me is up to them.
Stereotyping exists, so I don't think that it matters why it does.

This is just MY view and it is not designed to undermine anybody elses.

#39627 - 06/28/10 10:09 AM Re: stereotypes [Re: exadust]
NeoZombie Offline
pledge

Loc: Minnesota, USA
 Originally Posted By: exadust
Society has become stereotypical! Mankind tries to rationalize everthing! And that makes no fucking sense! The universe is chaotic and has always been that way! To say there is "good" and "evil" to explain people's behavior is just the belief system put on by the Right Hand Path! We are primal at nature and today's society is trying to domesticate us " Fuck Society and Fuck what's politically correct!"

That's right! Fuck what is normal and mainstream! Chaos is the beauty behind the universe. Those that see in good and evil are looking at an illusion of agreement nothing more.

Edited by NeoZombie (06/28/10 10:15 AM)
Edit Reason: too short

#46778 - 01/14/11 02:28 PM Re: stereotypes [Re: Asmedious]
mr.x Offline
stranger

Are you sure about that bud.I would think long and hard about that statement you just made.Do you realize knowledge is power and only people with an open mind have a gift to recive that knowledge.What Satanic org. are you with anyway?if you dont mind me asking.I dont support people that are self righteous and Ive been encountering quite a few of them on this forum sorry to say.

Edited by mr.x (01/14/11 02:28 PM)

#46779 - 01/14/11 02:32 PM Re: stereotypes [Re: Asmedious]
mr.x Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Asmedious
 Quote:
Open minded people have no stereotypes.

Open minded people often allow a lot of garbage to fill their minds, and feel the need to accept every piece of bullshit as “possibly having validity.”

Objective people on the other hand can consider opposing views and decide which ones to open their minds to as possibly having some merit.

Are you sure about that bud?I would think long and hard about that statement you just made,although you are entitled to your opinion if you are as intellegent as you really think you are.Do you realize that only open minded people are considered for the gift of knowledge for knowledge is power.I dont know where you are getting yours from. Ave Satanas

#46780 - 01/14/11 02:36 PM Re: stereotypes [Re: mr.x]
SkaffenAmtiskaw Moderator Offline
veteran member

Asmedious is a Satanist. I don't know what you and your egalitarian bunch of devil worshippers get up to on the weekends, but you're certainly spending the working week with a giant bullseye painted on your foreheads.

That's all right, though. My issue is not with your personal life choices. They're yours, after all.

It is the weird incongruence between your stated egalitarianism and blatantly arrogant stance when telling others off I find amusing. I'm fine with it, but I wonder how you can be. Have you perhaps been vouchsafed some information by father Satan that wasn't included in my goodie bag?

And what's with the appeal to authority all of a sudden? Can't you be a Satanist without being part of some church now? Better hurry and find the approval of some organization before you call yourself a Satanist, is that it?

Please come off your high horse and stop pontificating. Your gospel of egalitarianism is backed by hot air and a self-righteous attitude. Precisely what you're accusing the members of this site of.

Either post something with some substance or leave the keyboard alone. Please.

#46788 - 01/14/11 03:07 PM Re: stereotypes [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
mr.x Offline
stranger

You dont even know what organization Im with so why even go there.Why stick up for the gentleman That I just replied to,can he not speak for himself.I always go by the saying if you cant dish it in dont dish it out.People are cyberbullying on here and when they are questioned or crticized they go hostile.Nothing you people can say or do can hurt me.Yes,some of you people are cruel,but Im worse.Why even have this forum in existence if you cant deal with other peoples thoughts,views and opinions. Ave Satanas

#46789 - 01/14/11 03:12 PM Re: stereotypes [Re: mr.x]
SkaffenAmtiskaw Moderator Offline
veteran member

My, my, aren't we defensive.

OK, so you're with an ancient theistic Satanistic organization. Fine.

OK, so you all respect each other and treat each others as equals. Fine.

So you think we should treat everyone with respect? Why?

#46790 - 01/14/11 03:13 PM Re: stereotypes [Re: mr.x]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Skaff is a Moderator here, that means it is his job to keep things running smoothly and administer the occasional verbal bitch-slap when required. In addition to that, this being an open forum, allows for people to address whatever comments they want even if the comments were directed at them.

Asmedious is more than capable of speaking for himself and he might even respond to what you had to say or he might leave that pile of garbage alone.

All Skaff did was (rightly) point out that your posts leave much to be desired and that you should keep your mouth shut when you have nothing to say.

#46793 - 01/14/11 03:26 PM Re: stereotypes [Re: mr.x]
Aklo Offline

You're too funny. There aren't any organizations that have been around for thousands of years, meaning you are either a poser or a dupe. Probably a bit of both. Even the organizations which have been around for hundreds of years, sort of, by Masonic and Eastern derivation, don't accept people whose self-expression is so pitiful.

If you want to challenge our ideas, try being, an actual challenge. As it stands you are just what this thread needed, a stereotypical "devil worshipper". Being aggressively wrong, is not the same, as being right. Not ever.

#46795 - 01/14/11 03:46 PM Re: stereotypes [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
mr.x Offline
stranger

I can deal with that.I will go away but one thing is all I wanted to do was just get my opinions and my thoughts exposed on this forum.I have browsed and read alot of posts on here and the cyberbullying is just completely out of control and I just felt a rush to get my point across.This is not a winning or losing battle here that I may have provked,for I do choose my battlefields wisely.If I pissed anybody off,thats thier problem because Im pissed off too.The only thing I can say and Ill say it again is dont dish it out if you cant dish it in.You run your forum the way you want. Ave Satanas

#46797 - 01/14/11 04:31 PM Re: stereotypes [Re: mr.x]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: mr.x
Why stick up for the gentleman That I just replied to,can he not speak for himself.

+

Originally Posted By: mr.x
I have browsed and read alot of posts on here and the cyberbullying is just completely out of control and I just felt a rush to get my point across.

=

A challenged sense of irony.

Just who are these nameless and faceless people who've been cyberbullied into oblivion? Did they elect you their champion? Why can they not speak for themselves?

Go polish your goodguy badge elsewhere please. No one is bullied here. I challenge you to link a thread or post where someone was bullied. It should be easy since the bullying here is "just completely out of control". While contemplating on how to respond, you cannot say that I am bullying you now. You came of your own free will and you made a statement that I'm asking you to back up. That is not bullying, that is argument.

This forum is generally for grown ups who have a strong sense of why they are here. We are not Satanism 101 and we don't suffer drama and/or stupidity. If you want to post about your and your friends hurt feelings because people here disagreed with your ideas then please don't do it here as this is decidedly not the forum for that kind of thing.

Of course, the above is representative of only my opinion and I'm not purporting to speak for all.

Attempts to stir that particular pot have not gone well in the past and I can almost assure you that it will not go well now. Add something of value or don't post is a good motto to follow.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.