Topic Options
#46798 - 01/14/11 04:39 PM Re: stereotypes [Re: mr.x]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Quote:
I will go away

Actions speak louder than words.

Quote:
If I pissed anybody off,thats thier problem because Im pissed off too.

I don't think you pissed anyone off...certainly not me. Getting pissed off at something said on the internet, words on a screen, is a waste of energy.

Quote:
The only thing I can say and Ill say it again is dont dish it out if you cant dish it in.

I believe the expression you are looking for is "don't dish it out if you can't take it". And I agree 100%, however, it seems like you are the one who has trouble taking it as you are the one who took issue with "cyberbulling" in the first place.
---------------------------------------------

Originally Posted By: Fnord
We are not Satanism 101

Actually, this subforum is indeed titled Satanism 101. Just sayin'. Aside from that ironic choice of phrase the rest of what you said wasn't off the mark.

#46800 - 01/14/11 04:59 PM Re: stereotypes [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6

Originally Posted By: Fnord
We are not Satanism 101

Actually, this subforum is indeed titled Satanism 101. Just sayin'. Aside from that ironic choice of phrase the rest of what you said wasn't off the mark.

Yeah, well, I was referring to the general level of discussion and the quality of the contributors at this site. I would certainly say that these are indicators of a culture that's a cut above the '101' level.

Quit bustin' my balls, bully. \:\)

#46801 - 01/14/11 05:02 PM Re: stereotypes [Re: Fnord]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Damn, just came on and had to go back to the first page of the thread to figure out what Mr X. was asking me about.

Not sure if he is coming back, but I guess he misunderstood my statement regarding an "open mind," vs. an "objective" mind.

#46802 - 01/14/11 05:05 PM Re: stereotypes [Re: Fnord]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

LOL! Yeah...I knew what you were getting at. That was just too funny for me to pass up.

#46804 - 01/14/11 05:14 PM Re: stereotypes [Re: Asmedious]
mr.x Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Asmedious
Damn, just came on and had to go back to the first page of the thread to figure out what Mr X. was asking me about.

Not sure if he is coming back, but I guess he misunderstood my statement regarding an "open mind," vs. an "objective" mind.

Basically I havent gone away because I had other matters to attend to.It was quite a suprise for me that I was able to log back into this forum,for I thought I would be forever banned into your Hall of shame as its listed.Lets hear what you got to say.All this chaos that I stirred up [of no fault but my own]couldve been avoided if you responded sooner.An open mind vs.an objective mind.Maybe I jumped the gun a little bit unless you look at it as attacking you or insulting your intellegence in any way.That wasnt my intention at all. Ave Satanas

#46806 - 01/14/11 05:51 PM Re: stereotypes [Re: mr.x]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Ok, but I don't have the time to double check what I write. I have to leave in a few minutes, to go see Jerry Sienfield live. Yay for me.

But anyway, what I meant is that the most common conception of having an "open mind," is that the person will accept any and everything as a possibility based on their inability to DISPROVE someones notion.

It is a common theme among religous types who will tell you that you have to "Keep an open mind." no matter how nutty their ideas are.

IT is also the chant of many New Age types who are desperately searching for some kind of meaning to their lives, as well as hoping to gain some control over things that they are not willing to attempt to control through applied effort.

They will "Keep an open mind," regarding the magical powers of Crystals, although there is no scientific evidence to back up that those crystals can do anything other then look pretty.
They will "Keep an open mind," while sitting under a Dream Catcher shaped like a Pyramid in hopes of gaining...well, what ever the fuck they hope to gain.

In short, my point was that if a person's mind is completely open without being objective, then they can accept any garbage that someone dishes out.

On the other hand, and objective mind will examine a situation using common sense and what ever knowledge of the way the world works have available to them.

This doesn't mean that one has to rule out certain things simply because they do not understand them, but when there is absolutely no tangible evidence to support something they will not automatically accept it as a possibility.

Case and point. The theory of Fourth dimensions as explained by Stephen Hawkins. I attempted to understand what he is trying to explain, but it is way over my head. I can't see or experience Fourth dimensions, however I realize that the man is brilliant and he might be unto something, even though I can't comprehend how he came by his ideas, so use my objective reasoning which allows me to come to the conclusion that there might be something to what he is saying.

Crystals and dream catchers I've seen, touched and played with and I find that they do not do dick but hang or sit there.

I realize that I am leaving a lot of holes in what I'm rushing to type here, but perhaps you can kind of get my point in a round about way.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.