Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#39318 - 06/14/10 04:48 AM Re: I want to know if anyone has any regrets? [Re: exadust]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

I gave this topic some wandering and thinking before answering.
I can honestly say I have made choices in my life I regret I did. Some of these choices are past actions which and in, hopefully, no way will or shall haunt me due the time-span between my mental state now and back then.
There are some other choices I regret and can have an influence on my future (such as appearing in some articles concerning Satanism in a fairly known Belgian magazine). A choice which probably will make it harder for me when trying to achieve a "higher" status. (While I dedicate my life in the fields of science (promotion, awareness, advancement,..) and in search of a better understanding of the world and everything around it, it is also a certain choice for me to be made to get into politics as soon as the situation or choice is offered/ happens.)

I am aware my life will probably be as that of an average Joe, but I have the tendency of being a hard-worker and I hope the combined gift of hard-working and wit will increase my position in life and society in its broadest sense.

I still regret certain choices, but the lessons learned are perhaps the most shiny ones and give the ability not to suffer and boil in self-pity.

#50599 - 03/08/11 04:48 AM Re: I want to know if anyone has any regrets? [Re: XiaoGui17]
Hegesias Offline

Poison eh? well pass me the poison and I shall drink it to spite you in that I'd take it for you!

Xiao, I can see that you have adapted. Obviously by taking care of ourselves in intelligent and positive narcissism (want the best, give the best) and being intolerant of parasitic narcissists is common sense. I refuse to bend to the disappointments I have encountered and continue to let others define themselves as half assed and gutless. What do I mean? well being truly selfish for me means that I don't lie to myself nor make compromise, this means that I choose to be excessively romantic and all for devotion for the sake of the following things:

1. I know that I personally get obsessively motivated to do things without effort when I am doing it all for a beautiful woman, I work hard to make my partner feel as good as I for all purposes both intrinsic and mundane which is all part of romance, especially when plans go wrong or silly, this is romantic.

2. A sense of black humour goes a long way when you look at somebody who has failed you, disappointed you. I see a personal victory because in putting in an honest effort the person who lets you down is quickly found out to be not good enough for you. It has never been about compromise for me but to simplify things, disregarding any notions of conceited understanding related to ego, and just showing affection and acts of support without wanting sweet fuck all back but to see a lady smile. There is no need to formalise things it's simple.

3. By being open and trusting of people, especially lovers, and giving all you have, this is the only way to get the whole cake as nobody with passion wants to fuck another person who is in two minds about the whole thing, it would be a hollowing and materialistic act, unless they are gutless and seek comfort in casual relations with anyone just to feel complete and comforted like most of society who demonise narcissism.

The subtext object behind my defiance is to cultivate misanthropy, a lucid intelligence which you can't develop with acceptance of the mediocre. Humans are merely something for me to out do and ridicule because they are gutless and settle for less than they deserve.

I regret not being evil enough in my younger years. I was way too aggressive instead of being methodical and sinister. Yet I refuse to learn and be mature when it comes to passion, by downplaying romance people are placing mediocrity, and acceptance of it, with what makes an adaptable realist. It's like saying you have accepted that fact that there is no other people as devoted and loving as you are and regarding the whole world as a give and take relationship, how bleak, hollow and methodical.

I don't feel emotional pain is something to fear, emotional pain is real and stimulating and part of being human that feels for another, by carefully treading the waters you will never experience the pleasure or pain in full but a distanced view of it. Who the hell wants to be balanced and rational when it comes to relationships!

I laugh at cowards who preciously guard their emotions with rationale.

Women make me irrational and I will never regret it! Pass me the fucking poison!

#50600 - 03/08/11 05:18 AM Re: I want to know if anyone has any regrets? [Re: Hegesias]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
 Originally Posted By: Hegesias
Who the hell wants to be balanced and rational when it comes to relationships!

After one too many hangovers after the sweet intoxication of infatuation, a great many people may yearn for a little reason in their love lives. Of course, wanting to be rational and achieving that aim are two different things. Passion is addictive, and hard as hell to abstain from, as it's internal.

You remind me of Dwight from Sin City. You have the same passionate chivalrous instinct. If you tangle with the wrong woman, she could exploit that. If you haven't read Dame to Kill For, I would recommend that you do.

#50603 - 03/08/11 05:38 AM Re: I want to know if anyone has any regrets? [Re: XiaoGui17]
Hegesias Offline

It all depends on the awareness of what's going on. Petty mind games just get ignored by me because those people think they are funny, they are funny, but not for the reasons they think they are, however I'm the sort who runs around like a headless chicken for a real bitch. Why? because intense and demanding bitches are especially lovely because they expect a lot, it's no big effort at all to please a beautiful women if you are getting the special prise with your goddess in the bedroom.

I regret being cowardly with my emotions years back, by this I mean that I was so hard and cruel, distant and shallow. I am more selfish nowadays though... contradictory? No. Why? Because selfishness is not shallowness. I was always deep but not knowledgeable enough to get my intrinsic demands met.

Women may do as they please. Cheat, betray whatever, if the man is satisfying them enough they don't feel the need to stray. Simple. I know from proof. I even encourage my partner to look at other men and make sarcastic suggestions because I am arrogant and know she loves me in her own way (she can be jealous, because she is dark and angry). I let it be known what I would like to do to certain beautiful women I might see, not to be cruel but to be sarcastic because my partner knows I am doomed to her really and I find it more relaxing to be honest. Other females are physically attractive but it does not mean I will act on it because the female I have now is my ideal.

It will all come back on me in the end if I become lazy and take my partner for granted (this is why marriage is a fallacy), but people will say "You shouldn't have trusted her" and to this I will say "correct, I never did", Why? because I believe that intimacy is something you have to work with every day and I associate societies notion of trust with disgusting comfort seeking and blind faith, very different to empathy, motivation and stimulation which are natural bonds.

#50770 - 03/10/11 06:11 PM Re: I want to know if anyone has any regrets? [Re: Caliga]
AdonKilravok Offline
stranger

Loc: Kingdom of Wessex
Rgrets? Only one, that I did not return to my furrier apprenticeship after my health problems got sorted. Mistakes? More than I can count and I treasure each one of them, they all are lessons to me, some I even managed to learn from. Resentments? A few, nothing that can keep me down and I am working on them.

I like to make my own mistakes and even when warned of risks and dangers like to jump head-on into the deep and cold. When I was 15 years old I planned a bicycle trip to the Netherlands with a friend. My father, knowing he was not able to forbid me anything since I was age 13, tried to talk me out of it, telling me all the horrors of his past experiences with biking trips. My reply to his stories was blunt and short 'Your experiences, not mine'. Sure enough, almost everything he told me about that could go wrong, did go wrong, from the turning of the weather to the blown tire and the lack of money and food to the giving up halfway through. Was his warming in vain? Did his words fall on deaf ears? Not at all. I might have despite his warnings driven myself headfirst and kneedeep into a pile of shit, but thanks to his stories and experiences I had a shovel to dig myself out. In retrospect, it was a valuable lesson. Not that I should listen to my parents, but that other people's failingss are never a substitute and often a preperation to one's own. But that doesn't mean I am opposed to the idea of following or being a Mentor.

#51199 - 03/18/11 01:38 AM Re: I want to know if anyone has any regrets? [Re: exadust]
Silencer Offline
stranger

Loc: Somewhere where people from wo...
 Originally Posted By: exadust
I like to see how people view their lives! It's interesting to listen to some people's excuses and how they justify their actions in certain situations. For me my only regret is trying to be acceptable to my family, I see that they only wanted to control me because no one else could, and I let them because at that time I thought that I owed them something!

If anyone would like to share feel free!!!!

Regrets come with life as you get older, if you had no regrets you would be perfect and probably never born .. So far no one is perfect and regrets can be fixed with enough effort coming from the involved peers if there was actual wrongdoing by means of controlling you.
Being acceptable for your Family .. How demanding are they, did they do you wrong that it had severe impact or? Can't imagine that every relative is demanding overly much or rejecting you.. If they do, you can't really speak of Family as Family doesn't really abuse you in such a way, it may leave a gap between you and them... Ofcourse they may always find out at a later stage who was wrong (regrets anyone)? Admitting is not always the best feature in humans, some do it rather by dialogue or simple diffusion .. Which can have little effect and creates estrangement and in some cases a total lack of care or eventually disbanded ties (which no one really likes at some point).
It's dishonesty that guides you to truth (with a trick from time to time).

After all Exadust, reconsider if you should care about your regret to be acceptable for your family, it may be important in your future and family is important none the less together with people who have good intentions. Not taking away that some regrets shouldn't be regretted.
To reply you on justification of regrets or mistakes and admitting to that .. Everyone has made faults in life and i'm not afraid to admit such accordingly.. Some faults in life happen on purpose too, everything for a reason i suppose.

#51806 - 03/27/11 09:57 AM Re: I want to know if anyone has any regrets? [Re: Silencer]
Ace Azazel Offline
lurker

Loc: Sweden
The only things i in some way might regret is when i have not taken the opportunity to indulge myself in the pleasures of life to the full extend i probably could have. What i mean is, leting great pleasures of some sort pass me by. Otherwise i generaly have no regret- it all made me the person i am today wich i am gratefull of.
#51931 - 03/30/11 07:22 AM Re: I want to know if anyone has any regrets? [Re: Ace Azazel]
SPEEDEMON Offline
stranger

To say I have 'no' regrets would be a lie but all the regretfull things have shaped and formed my life and who I am today. Theres a couple of women I'd wish that I have plowed but the biggest is letting a woman break my heart with another man and taking her back because I wanted to be a good guy and forgive her. Never again will I ever do that. I need to change my outlook on puting others before me as well.
#51933 - 03/30/11 10:08 AM Re: I want to know if anyone has any regrets? [Re: exadust]
Big Johnitalia Offline
stranger

I don't have any real regrets in my life. I have made dumb decisions, but that is not really the same thing. The only time I regret a decision is when I do not listen to myself. It seems that any time I try to make someone else happy, or go against my judgement, I am never happy with the outcome. As I get older I have gotten much better at blocking out external influences and just rely on myself. I believe in my own knowledge and abilities above all else, it is foolish to rely on others for your life decisions.

#51934 - 03/30/11 10:13 AM Re: I want to know if anyone has any regrets? [Re: SPEEDEMON]
Big Johnitalia Offline
stranger

That is so true, every guy has some women that they should have plowed. I can think of at least three or four off the top of my head. Usually I had the opportunity but I was with a girl that I didn't even like to begin with. I don't really consider not banging a few girls a life time regret. When I think of this thread topic, I am thinking major life changing events. However you make a good point, our decisions have shaped and formed our lives. So if we are happy with our lives, what is there to regret?

#52879 - 04/13/11 07:03 PM Re: I want to know if anyone has any regrets? [Re: William Wright]
Ghostly1 Offline

Loc: NY
Hindsight is 20/20, yes?

There is alot I could have done differently. Maybe I could have taken a few more chances here and there, not counting the ones I did take, and failed. But even failures are opportunities to learn a important lesson about making choices, and accepting the outcome of what you did, win or lose.

I think everyone can agree going to college/school after High school is an important step, but how many people actually do what they set out to learn how to do in college or a trade school? Those who do succeed in working in their chosen field aren't always happy either. The path they thought they wanted to explore has no advancement, and is unrealistic to the lifestyle they find they want to lead at the current state of their lives now.

I took a lot of chances, to advance myself. I excelled in study, testing and placement in the career I wanted to find myself in. Unfortunately, unforeseen medical issues ended that career when it was just beginning. Through no fault of my own, I took loans out, put myself through a top school for my chosen discipline and placed at the top of my class. But now I am at the old job I had. Looking back on a path I might not have taken had I had some foresight into what might have taken place. I would have chosen a different school.

However...

The school I paid for was the dream career I always wanted. Even that minute experience will last the rest of my life. I have stories to tell, experiences to share. More importantly, it keeps you grounded and cautious to possibilities which might parallel your old path.

Looking back I dont regret the good and the bad. Love, work, school. It all made me who I am. Experience, however bad makes you more then the sum of the parts you were created from. It makes you unique. And being unique, and different is what makes us, Satanists...so special.

Ghost

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.