#3653 - 01/22/08 05:13 PM
Re: What does Satanism lack
Princess of Hell
Loc: New York City
"Perhaps it is time for me to immerse myself in good books and forget about the internet. There will always be someone who doesn't like me no matter what I do. There will be the insults, the threats, all hollow and meaningless trouble and bad feelings that are a waste of time."
I think you just have to find a balance between the stuff online and the real world offline. Find some new and interesting books, and see if it can add to any discussions.
In real life/offline, if you have an issue with someone, you deal with it. You make desicions, and you act in such a way that you believe is the right thing to do. You might not always be right, but sometimes, you just have to do what is in your own best interest. If there is a dispute, you/both parties should actually care enough to talk about it.
Online, well, you just can't take anything anyone says seriously. It might be a little old lady pretending to be a 20 year old jock. OR, a 20 year old jock pretending to be a 15 year old girl. As for online threats, until they act up and do something that affect you in the real world, nobody can do anything about it.
The internet can be a hobby, a place of learning, a meeting of minds, but it can also be a waste of time. It just depends how you use it.
As for what Satanism lacks, it might be a clear coherent path to the future. It can help you understand your past, your present, your actions, your drives, but, it doesn't hold your hand and tell you want to do in the future.
You as an individual have to make your own future, Satanism isn't going to help you with that. You have to take the next steps, and choose what to do with the knowledge that you have gained.
Courage Conquering Fear
Fuck em if they can't take a joke
Don't Like What I Say, Kiss My Ass
#3695 - 01/25/08 04:41 PM
Re: What does Satanism lack
This is as close as I get to an affinity for any organized religion:
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition
1. Once you have their money ... never give it back.
3. Never pay more for an acquisition than you have to.
6. Never allow family to stand in the way of opportunity.
6. A man is only worth the sum of his possessions. (From Enterprise, episode "Acquisition"; sloppy script-writing, as rule 6 (see above) was already given in DS9)
7. Keep your ears open.
8. Small print leads to large risk.
9. Opportunity plus instinct equals profit.
10. Greed is eternal.
13. Anything worth doing is worth doing for money.
16. A deal is a deal ... until a better one comes along.
17. A contract is a contract is a contract (but only between Ferengi).
18. A Ferengi without profit is no Ferengi at all.
19. Satisfaction is not guaranteed.
21. Never place friendship above profit.
22. A wise man can hear profit in the wind.
23. Nothing is more important than your health--except for your money.
27. There's nothing more dangerous than an honest businessman.
31. Never make fun of a Ferengi's mother ... insult something he cares about instead.
33. It never hurts to suck up to the boss.
34. Peace is good for business.
35. War is good for business.
40. She can touch your lobes but never your latinum.
41. Profit is its own reward.
44. Never confuse wisdom with luck.
45. Expand, or die.
47. Don't trust a man wearing a better suit than your own.
48. The bigger the smile, the sharper the knife.
52. Never ask when you can take.
57. Good customers are as rare as latinum -- treasure them.
58. There is no substitute for success.
59. Free advice is seldom cheap.
60. Keep your lies consistent.
62. The riskier the road, the greater the profit.
65. Win or lose, there's always Hyperian beetle snuff.
75. Home is where the heart is ... but the stars are made of latinum.
76. Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies.
79. Beware of the Vulcan greed for knowledge.
82. The flimsier the product, the higher the price.
85. Never let the competition know what you're thinking.
89. Ask not what your profits can do for you, but what you can do for your profits.
94. Females and finances don't mix.
97. Enough ... is never enough.
99. Trust is the biggest liability of all.
102. Nature decays, but latinum lasts forever.
103. Sleep can interfere with profit. (DS9 season 2, episode 7 - "Rules of Acquisition")
104. Faith moves mountains ... of inventory.
106. There is no honour in poverty.
109. Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
111. Treat people in your debt like family ... exploit them.
112. Never have sex with the boss's sister.
113. Always have sex with the boss.
117. You can't free a fish from water.
121. Everything is for sale, even friendship.
123. Even a blind man can recognize the glow of latinum.
139. Wives serve, brothers inherit.
141. Only fools pay retail.
144. There's nothing wrong with charity ... as long as it winds up in your pocket.
162. Even in the worst of times someone turns a profit.
177. Know your enemies ... but do business with them always.
181. Not even dishonesty can tarnish the shine of profit.
189. Let others keep their reputation. You keep their money.
192. Never cheat a Klingon ... unless you're sure you can get away with it.
194. It's always good business to know about new customers before they walk in the door.
202. The justification for profit is profit.
203. New customers are like razortoothed grubworms. They can be succulent, but sometimes they can bite back.
211. Employees are rungs on the ladder of success. Don't hesitate to step on them.
214. Never begin a negotiation on an empty stomach.
218. Always know what you're buying.
223. Beware the man who doesn't make time for oo-mox.
229. Latinum lasts longer than lust.
236. You can't buy fate.
239. Never be afraid to mislabel a product.
242. More is good ... all is better.
255. A wife is a luxury ... a smart accountant is a necessity.
261. A wealthy man can afford anything except a conscience.
263. Never allow doubt to tarnish your love of latinum.
266. When in doubt, lie.
284. Deep down everyone's a Ferengi.
285. No good deed ever goes unpunished.
286. [Quark's rule] When Morn leaves, it's all over.
#3922 - 02/06/08 11:27 PM
Re: What does Satanism lack
Ah yes, those goddamn Chick Tracts....My friend brought those to my attention years back when she saw a display of them at her veterinarian's office. She read a few, and took one of each. After I read them, thinking they were the funniest, most outrageous (and ingenious) piece of "literature" I'd ever seen, I started to collect them. However, Florida is not known to be a die-hard Bible-thumping state, so I haven't been able to find any more. I could order them online, but that would take all the fun out of it.
They actually are ingenius. Your average Joe and Suzi America is mentally lazy and when they read, if ever, rarely check sources or varify anything. Chick Tracks are like the processed fast food of christiandom. There the most retarded thing. So you collect them? How many are there?
Lux Ex Tenebris
Lux Lucet Ex Orientis
Moderator: Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist