Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#4022 - 02/09/08 11:01 PM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: fakepropht]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: fakepropht
 Quote:
There is a difference between reading books and regurgitating what you've read, and wit Fake...

One is puking other peoples original thoughts and opinions cuz you lack your own to prove yourself because you lack sufficient self esteem... the other requires a little creativity and intelligence... think about it.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I do very little quoting or puking. Take a look at my record on this site. Show me where I puked someone's original thoughts and opinions, other than trying to make a point to a user. I don't run around quoting from the Satanic Bible or the CoS website. We had to read books. To find out and explore our chosen path. I had to mail order and subscribe to different magazines and letters. I remember the anticipation of waiting months for the next edition of _The Cloven Hoof_, _The Black Flame_, _The Black Punkin_ and others that escape my memory now.

Quote:
Translation: "Look at me, I need your admiration, I'm special...no really, I am, I was formally baptized, and I wrote to LaVey..." Do you honestly think any real Satanists cares about your baptism and letters here?
Being a Satanist means you are elite. Or did you skip that section when you were re-reading your Satanic Bible for the upteenth time? Do I think anyone cares? Yeah I do. Because a real Satanist would recognize the fact that I took the personal step to dedicate my life and shun my Christian upbringing by being baptised. I did so in a ritual described in the Satanic Rituals. With fellow Satanists who take this lifestyle as more than a black finger nail polish way of life. I wrote letters to Lavey, and Cos, because back then they were the only game on the block. If you wanted answers or information, you went there. Straight to the source.

Ego jeck off parties aren't my forte Faker. If you feel the need to jerk your ego off in front of every body, you may, but don't expect me to jerk off with you.

By puking I didn't mean quoting books like a christian parrot. I tried to point out that you had to read books, absorb other people's ideas and opinions, make them your own, to deprogram yourself from your christian up bringings... because you weren't intelligent enough to think for yourself, and come up with your own shit. Nothing, no idea, religious concepts that you have- which influences your perception in life, how you interact with others, and how you see yourself is your own... nothing about you is original. Thinking like a herd of other satanists does not really constitute nonconformity. If "Satanism" was born out of LaVey's ego - are you not worshipping his ego by proxy Faker? You are a product of someone else. You were programmed as a christian, and you are still programmed as a "Satanist."

When I said i read the Satanic Bible over and over again because there wasn't anything else good, I did not mean that in a literal sense faker. TSB is great, but reading the source of it is even better. But I already had my own religion or religious concepts before I read the Satanic Bible. The only reason why I like it above all other "Bibles" is because it parallels my own private convictions and beliefs I had and formed on my own prior to reading it. I only call myself a "Satanist" due to lack of a better label.

You wear the self righteous holier than thou badge rather well. You even admitted that you followed your way to "the source" like a sheep following a different shepherd. You walk a path prepaved and premanufactured by someone else. Dressed up and packaged in a devilish consumer friendly box, made marketable to a target market like yourself. This is something you didn't mannage to erase from your former Christian days faker. I advise you look into it. At least Anton thought for himself, followed none, inspired many, and his unique philosophy and perception of life had as its source his own mind - internal. Your source is external - somewhere in San Fransisco. You sit in eagerness for your next morsel of "satanic sermons" sent from on high, waiting like a follower to be told how to think, and how to interpret life, like a christian sending in love gifts for the rants and ravings of a preacher: your snake oil salesman, and you buy it, like a fat kid in a pastry shop - because you can't do it yourself, because you can't think for yourself, because you need someone and something to follow. Rather than do as LaVey did and carve a path out; you just followed. You follow many, and inspire none; you are a mirror image of the man you idolize and adore - your serogate messiah. The only value you had to the Church was the money you gave to them. (And if you don't understand what being a mirror image means, it means you may look like the man you look up to, but you are a direct opposite).

Sheep are born sheep; it doesn't matter what color their wool may be one day from the next. They still think like one, follow like one. Without your source, without your light, you would be hopeless and lost, still groveling at the foot of Christ.

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (02/10/08 12:01 AM)

~~352~~

#4023 - 02/10/08 12:42 AM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
"Witty" one liners might be annoying at times, but entertaining and uplifting nonetheless. That was what an entire short essay of wit looks like.

It looks strange an alien to you Faker, because you puke your shit. If I asked you to write a "quality" essay and bring something to the table than this crap; it would resemble the thoughts, beliefs, and opinions of other people, who would have already said it better and more elegantly, or it would remind me of some book I may have read: because you are common, because you house no thought that are your own; a mental peasent, fettered and defined by the phychological serfdom you exist in, bound by its defining franchized boundries, which is owned and created by another human being - your Lord and Master - you are not free, you are not a free thinker. You haven't learned anything from Anton. When he points - you worship his finger like a dog. Rather than proverbially walk side by side with him, you follow behind him in his shadow which you use as a cover to hide your lack of original thought, and as a Captain Satan shield to flash to other peasents following behind you, to make yourself look better and more important, when in actuallity you are empty inside, always searching for something to fill that emptiness. Satanism shouldn't be a factory of mass produced ducklings that follows a leader; it should be an army of Antons, each carving his presense in the world he lives in in his or her own unique way. Each working to tear down our common mutual enemy with our own unique efforts. Each walking his own path... cohesively, together like an army ants, seperate unique individuals, but whose collective force is a terror to this jungle of steel and stone - this prison we have created for ourselves. You follow and grovel, you aren't a terror to anything, you will never change anything, you will just continue to suckle on Anton's finger, never looking at what he is pointing to, never walking to where his is pointing to, never experiencing what he points to. Wisdom is the fruit which grows from experience; you have no Undefiled Wisdom; you just have the thoughts of other men. You follow great men, men who were movers and shakers. You will never achieve greatness, and the only thing you can move and shake are your bowels... and perhaps your fist and a stick - at people who deflate your ego. You aren't a terror to anything. You're a duck.

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (02/10/08 12:57 AM)

~~352~~

#4693 - 03/01/08 09:22 PM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: TornadoCreator]
Selezen Offline
stranger

I remember viewing a video on either you tube or google video that was an interview with Peter H. Gilmore. He said that christianity no longer suited the human race, and atheistic christianity (or something to that effect) was taking over. I'll bet that IF Satanism were to become the "majority religion" it would change as well. Not in the same ways, but in ones that would make it suitable for our earth to keep "spinnin'".

#4955 - 03/07/08 05:41 PM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: Selezen]
Zakary Offline
pledge

One might say that Satanism lacks definition? The term may be used to describe a broad range of philosophies, principles, ideas and religions.
However, I feel that this is its strength.... it is not owned by anything. I also feel it is the pure antithesis to untruth and delusion, and this is a strength which is not lacking.

Zakary

#5040 - 03/08/08 08:48 PM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: Zakary]
AlleQ Offline
stranger

Loc: California
From The Look's Of The Boards, More People That Have The Guts To Show There Face! We Need More People Willing To Come Out Even On The Net Im Tired Of People Hiding All The Time. Dont Be Ashamed.

#7534 - 04/12/08 05:30 AM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: AlleQ]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Maybe if I still worked at "Weinerdude"...

#7543 - 04/12/08 12:28 PM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: AlleQ]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Honestly I have never seen any benefit in showing myself to everyone... In fact there is more to gain in my knowing what you look like yet remaining unknown to you... I could be standing next to you in Walmart...

Those that know me know what I look like... Some others here have seen a picture of me... What would I gain by broadcasting my likeness here? Do tell...

Should I decide to put up a picture of myself here then it will be of my own choice... Not because you or anyone else think it is gutless... I have nothing to prove...

Besides how much respect would I lose if you really knew I was 98 lbs and stand no taller than three feet tall? Do you have any idea how hard it is to look bad ass in children's clothes? Where is that picture of me in my ducky shirt? ;\)

Now on to the topic...

Satanism lacks understanding by most who associate with it... I know one line only, sorry... Poke me I might say more on the subject or clarify my thought... But if you do not get it then perhaps I am just talking about you...

~T~

#7592 - 04/13/08 04:17 AM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: ta2zz]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Shit - I posted a "one-liner" - forgive me ye moderators of the glory. I meant no offense - you see, this idiot-child attempted to threaten me, and in my weakness, I had a limited, albeit charming response.

Let this be a lesson to you, cheap-ass shits, you must have "something" to say. And if you don't, say it brilliantly.

Now to study in the form of Ta2zz - "Satanism" is as mutable as you'd like, at least for me. I personally enjoy associating with this "philosophy", or "religion" because it involves and attracts a particularly intelligent breed of personalities - all reading this not inclusive. Individuals "here" are often of a higher caliber of intelligence, or at the very least, offer a different view on the human experience.

To be stuck in the rut of "LaVeyan" Satanism, would be like being stuck in any kind of "rut". The wheels may be turning, but you're not going anywhere. If being stuck in a rut is what "Satanism" is, then I say with ultimate confidence, I am definitely not a Satanist.

#9779 - 06/24/08 12:01 AM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: rob_church]
Salem Offline
stranger

Loc: Canada
I don't really see anything wrong with it. It is what you make it and how you interpret it. It pretty much explains what I believed before I even found Satanism. It works for me.

#10592 - 08/10/08 11:56 PM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: Salem]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I see nothing wrong with the core philosophy of Satanism. That's why I'm a Satanist. Big surprise!

But seriously, my biggest problem would probably have to be the name. I have no casual qualms about expressing my beliefs as Satanist, but on a fundamental level I would prefer the term "Luciferian" as a PRIMARY identifier.

Why? "Satan" means adversary. While we are clearly enemies to things like altruism, herd mentality, spiritual subservience, etc... is rebellion our PRIMARY feature? I certainly agree that we should rebel against such things, but I would much rather identify my religion as what I am FOR rather than what I am AGAINST. For this reason I like the name "Luciferian" as it represents wisdom and liberation. And it has a positive philosophical context not bound by Christianity.

At least one person has accused me of trying to "soften" the image of Satanism by "renaming" it. While it does have a positive non-christian context, how many people actually are smart enough to know this? To the average person, "Lucifer", "Satan", and "Devil" are all synonymous. It wouldn't make a difference. But to an educated, open-minded person, it would.

I don't really care if other people call it this or not. In reality, it probably wouldn't be that effective- there's no reason to reinvent the wheel or redefine what already has a firm definition.... it's just my personal preference.

Edited by The Zebu (08/10/08 11:56 PM)

#10617 - 08/12/08 12:54 AM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
blackdragon31560 Offline
pledge

Loc: Hell Paso, TX
 Originally Posted By: LUCIFERIFIC
nothing about you is original. Thinking like a herd of other satanists does not really constitute nonconformity. If "Satanism" was born out of LaVey's ego - are you not worshipping his ego by proxy Faker? You are a product of someone else. You were programmed as a christian, and you are still programmed as a "Satanist."

Well life (people, your environment, books, TV, music, etc) along with DNA shape who you are, "You are a product of someone else." well everyone is in some form, even you. I don't think Satanism was born from Lavey at all, the concepts are as old the the dirt we live on. Worshiping his ego, the term ego i change from person to person, i for think you can not feed a dead man's ego, but you can feed his image. like i said before,

"i don't think "Satanism" can lack anything, i think humanity lacks many things, intern making there form of "Satanism" lack many things."

Quote:
I personally enjoy associating with this "philosophy", or "religion" because it involves and attracts a particularly intelligent breed of personalities - all reading this not inclusive. Individuals "here" are often of a higher caliber of intelligence, or at the very least, offer a different view on the human experience.

intelligence, is point of view, which i think everyone can agree. I would somewhat disagree, what the statement, this board is MAYBE 8% of the population that considers themselves satanists. I for one have met many fools, in my local area, which claim they are satanists but if you ask one question, and they will quote lavey from one of his books. since they have no answer or more like they don't not think for themselves. They think if Lavey or CoS say such it is set in stone. I was once told being a free thinker was foolish, by a local satanist. i personally feel humanity lack much, so i feel many satanists lack many things. (please don't think i talking about ALL satanists).

Edited by blackdragon31560 (08/12/08 01:32 AM)
Edit Reason: Left something out

~ Niccolo Machiavelli

#11371 - 09/10/08 09:34 PM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: Sven]
Khk Offline

For a long time, I've felt it lacked SOLIDARITY. This is a particularly thorny problem with Satanism, since if you bring everyone together who practices Satanism, it may very well become a mediocre religion of dogma (or just a nasty spitting match) - but if you keep them all apart, we are hopelessly outnumbered by our enemies forces and in many ways all end up fighting against each others wills.

Solidarity, seems an essential element sorely lacking for one of the goals of some forms of Satanism, which is to create another type of species. A species that would require protection and clanship in numbers, like all human beings, if it were not to be outright destroyed.

Our own Temple managed to deal with this tricky problem by devising a way of living (and a context to see things in) that allowed both the seperate exploration and will to power of each member - whilst simultaneously forming a strong and loyal clan of people united by being apart. It is experimental at best, but thus far (two years) seems to have been working.

Getting people who understand themselves to be Orphans on the LHP with no masters - and bring them together to aid in a collective Satanic Strategy is a difficult process to find a solution for and seems to be a characteristic lacking in many other groups.

There are other things lacking, but as Sven says, nothing is perfect. I just think Solidarity is a big one though.

ISS,
Khk

Edited by Khk (09/10/08 09:38 PM)
Edit Reason: added an important point

#11382 - 09/11/08 06:18 AM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: Khk]
Impius Offline
pledge

Loc: Lille, France
Needing solidarity in Satanism is all about what you want to do as a Satanist.

I mean, it firstly is about living your life the "right" way, and mainly implies you and only you. Churches and forums are there to make Satanists meet each other, because meeting people sharing your beliefs is always good.

But I personally don't believe in a Satanist takeover of the world \:D Even if democracy is dead to me, I know it won't be changed until the human race disappears of the surface of the Earth, whether the sun grows enough to eat it or we have a nuclear World War III... and I'll vote and play my citizen role in a way based on my satanic belief, but don't hope for a revolution or somewhat, which would lead us to another system (meritocracy :P).

So maybe solidarity is not such a lack... ;\)
 Originally Posted By: "LaVey"
Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!
Satanists are sane egoists, thinking of themselves first but not indifferent to the people close to them... If you think about it, being nice to a friend, which makes him happy, makes you happy to, so it comes back to you \:\)

Edited by Impius (09/11/08 06:18 AM)
Edit Reason: ortho issue

#11386 - 09/11/08 08:26 AM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: Khk]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
 Originally Posted By: Khk
we are hopelessly outnumbered by our enemies forces a

Funny thing, I haven't noticed any enemy forces lurking behind corners... As a satanist, I have no natural enemies. Some individuals may not like me, but that's entirely apart from being a satanist. I find it a bit delusional to think that we are at war with any other faction. Some misconceptions among the bigger part of population may hinder your possibilities of success if you're too bold about your beliefs but that's just about it...

#11404 - 09/11/08 03:49 PM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
Satansfarm Offline

Loc: america
I am rather tired of heavy metal music. I would like to listen to some soft, lilting acoustic music with pleasant imagery. Why the horror show all the time? Surely, most of us would rather make love to nice, warm flesh, not bony cadavers. Well, if an individual truly has necrophilia on the brain, that is their choice. For me, Satanism is a celebration of life. Yes, I can appreciate the macabre images of HR Giger. I also like Botticelli and Gaugin.
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.