Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#11407 - 09/11/08 06:00 PM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: Satansfarm]
Impius Offline
pledge

Loc: Lille, France
 Originally Posted By: Satansfarm
I am rather tired of heavy metal music. I would like to listen to some soft, lilting acoustic music with pleasant imagery. Why the horror show all the time? Surely, most of us would rather make love to nice, warm flesh, not bony cadavers. Well, if an individual truly has necrophilia on the brain, that is their choice. For me, Satanism is a celebration of life. Yes, I can appreciate the macabre images of HR Giger. I also like Botticelli and Gaugin.

Satanic imagery is nice, but it's not the only one which is, for sure. An open mind rules ! \:D

#11439 - 09/13/08 12:15 AM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: Impius]
Khk Offline

Hello,

Yes I agree.

"Satanism" even if it stretches its juridiction - is always going to be bound by its name as to what is represented under its umbrella.
While I do not believe that a "Satanic Renaissance" will overcome the Earth: I do believe that the opposition and adversarial nature of Satanism, adopted by all members of the Sinisterion: is a crucial aspect to fomenting personal Change and to enable some semblance of control over one's Life and its Wyrd: sometimes seemingly significantly, though most often cursory.
Moreover that the perception of being able to interact with the World (via magic for example) and steer its course is as much a hypnotic and alluring comfort, as it is a necessity and inherent trait of humanity.
From this, the deep need for the very art of translation of each initiates journey is the reason for such an umbrella as "Satanism" and the necessity of that word or -ism under which to come together to share each seperate experience with others, for even if it brings disagreement and sparks, it expresses a unique pool of subjective records of human experience often presented as objective: which is perhaps the cause for much of the argument among those even loosely gathered under the banner of 'Satanist'.

This paradox, I suppose, of people driven to isolation by their independance, who yet come together in one place to share, read or learn from/with one another Is, Solidarity of a kind. Even if it seems unstable.

Our attempts have been to clarify what is underneath the speech of these records, and to iron out the causes of friction, which generally tend to be Subjective/Objective clashes.

In being aware of writing putting forth an Objective WE, rather than a Subjective "I" THEM have managed to create and sustain an environment largely free of argument for the last two years. This is an extraordinarily difficult thing to do and took several different approaches - the main one though, being aware of the sensitive nature of other "I"'s being dragged into someone elses statute of reality.

ISS,
Khk

Edited by Khk (09/13/08 12:40 AM)

#11440 - 09/13/08 12:32 AM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
Khk Offline

That is fair.

And your comment causes me to go back to my earlier post regarding the treatment of subjective perception as an objective reality.
Thus, WE, should really, be I. Since I cannot speak for anyone else, but find it easy to fall into the trap of speaking for a collective by generalizing. So if I may ammend that, delusional or not, from the way I view the world, I believe I at least, am at War with many factions: Many forces that are attempting to thwart my Will.

I think, this WE/I thing is a sloppy generalization that causes friction when any other "I" feels dragged into someone elses WE (no pun intended ;)) And represents a greater problem than the surface arguments of many Satanists - which humans use a vehicle like Satanism, (or any other vehicle really) as a means of dissecting the subjective/objective mystery that surrounds humanity.

ISS,
Khk

Edited by Khk (09/13/08 12:34 AM)

#11444 - 09/13/08 08:46 AM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: Khk]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
A satanic Renaissance, lol foolish. Satanism shouldn't ever need one. If this were to happen we would be nothing more then a mindless group of individuals who would lose any sense of "values" from the satanic stand point. We as satanists should be strong enough to deal with ourselves and others in the first place and having to rely on others so much to need a renaissance in my opinion is just showing that we as individuals are nothing but weak.

#11449 - 09/13/08 04:52 PM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: Ringmaster]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

What Satanism really lacks?
Brains and individuality I would say. There are just to many satanic organisations I encounter who praise individuality but just want people to follow their "satanic rules" and their beliefs. I mean take the CoS for example, at first they want that people become individual within their philosophy, but on the other hand, if you don't listen to the "warlocks"/priests/ other grades above you you aren't considered to be a satanist and more of a theistic sheep.

#11463 - 09/15/08 03:48 AM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: Ringmaster]
Khk Offline

It also lacks a sufficient number of people who read carefully.

Edited by Khk (09/15/08 03:48 AM)

#11475 - 09/15/08 06:30 PM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: Khk]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Khk
It also lacks a sufficient number of people who read carefully.

Or write… Now is it Satanism lacking or is it the people that Satanism attracts that lack comprehension skills… Why would someone who cannot comprehend or compose a post consider themselves Satanist in the first place or did I just answer my own question? Damn now I have gone and thought myself into a state of retardation…

~T~

#11520 - 09/16/08 04:57 PM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: Sven]
Satansfarm Offline

Loc: america
Indeed, and if Satan does in fact rule the world, then that must include everything in it. Like Scarface: "de world, Chico, de world, and everything in it."

Edited by Satansfarm (09/16/08 04:59 PM)

#11521 - 09/16/08 05:01 PM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: Impius]
Satansfarm Offline

Loc: america
 Originally Posted By: Impius
I am rather tired of heavy metal music. I would like to listen to some soft, lilting acoustic music with pleasant imagery. Why the horror show all the time? Surely, most of us would rather make love to nice, warm flesh, not bony cadavers. Well, if an individual truly has necrophilia on the brain, that is their choice. For me, Satanism is a celebration of life. Yes, I can appreciate the macabre images of HR Giger. I also like Botticelli and Gaugin.

Satanic imagery is nice, but it's not the only one which is, for sure. An open mind rules ! \:D

oops...I forgot to add Implus's quote...here it is...

#11664 - 09/20/08 06:32 PM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: Satansfarm]
Impius Offline
pledge

Loc: Lille, France
Indeed, and if Satan does in fact rule the world, then that must include everything in it. Like Scarface: "de world, Chico, de world, and everything in it."

This is exactly what I meant. To me, Satanic imagery is all about being curious of the hidden side of everything, and it logically comes to occult, which is why LaVey chose that imagery for his work. But even if the hidden side is often the most interesting, that doesn't mean the rest can't be enjoyed... \:\)

#11741 - 09/22/08 01:58 PM Re: What does Satanism lack [Re: Khk]
harrison Offline
pledge

Loc: winnipeg Mb, canada
i totally agree with you, i some times wish that there were more satanists in my city but there are none.

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.024 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.