Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#36481 - 03/15/10 04:28 PM Woman goes for record.
Shadow Dragon Offline
pledge

A woman named Donna Simpson is trying to become the heaviest woman in history:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopi...ds-fattest.html

First off, is this woman really that starved for attention? For some sort of accomplishment? She is doing something that will basically destroy her life.

This brings me to my second point, what a horrible mother! Besides being a bad rolemodel (you know, doing some incredibly unhealthy mainly for the attention), how the hell does a thousand pound mother even play with her kid? Or six hundred pound (her current weight) for that matter? Kids can wear out healthy adults, let alone an obese one. Oh and I'm sure the kid's dad is going to have a great time consoling the kid, who'll probably be only a teenager when her mother drops dead of a heart attack.

Oh and her husband is just as bad as her in my opinion. What kind of person, watches someone they supposedly love, slowly kill themselves and cheer it on? Yes, I get it. He likes big girls. However, there's a difference between big and being a thousand fucking pounds. He might as well be cheering for her, while she sticks a needle in her arm. Oh and don't worry about the kid at all. "I know mommy is dead, but hey, our last name is in a record book."

I try to pride myself on being logical, but this story is just disgusting.

#36483 - 03/15/10 05:37 PM Re: Woman goes for record. [Re: Shadow Dragon]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
You forgot she apparently also has a paid website.
People pay to watch her eat. It's mentioned at the bottom of this link I read.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/off-topic/1507440-woman-aims-become-worlds-fattest.html

I guess its like a car wreck, you don't want to look but you want to see the blood and gore.

M

#36484 - 03/15/10 05:55 PM Re: Woman goes for record. [Re: Shadow Dragon]
exadust Offline
pledge

Loc: georgia
Goddamn!!!

I like big girls but that's fucking scary! And yes the kid is going to grow up thinking it's all right to commit suicide by gluttony. And she make's people that actually try to lose weight but for medical reasons can't look pathetic and weak.

Truly a sad day for Guiness.

Edited by exadust (03/15/10 05:57 PM)

#36485 - 03/15/10 06:15 PM Re: Woman goes for record. [Re: Morgan]
Shadow Dragon Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Morgan
You forgot she apparently also has a paid website.
People pay to watch her eat. It's mentioned at the bottom of this link I read.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/off-topic/1507440-woman-aims-become-worlds-fattest.html

I guess its like a car wreck, you don't want to look but you want to see the blood and gore.

M

Yeah, i read about it. Though it seems to pretty much only cover the cost of her food each week. About seven hundred, fifty dollars.

There's another article on her here that explains her issues with food better.

#36486 - 03/15/10 06:17 PM Re: Woman goes for record. [Re: Shadow Dragon]
Vlad Offline
stranger

Loc: Virginia
I saw this news story last night, it is absolutely disgusting. This woman is leading a slow and painful suicide, under the delusion of happiness. It is one of the worst cases of denial I've ever seen, perpetrated by her partner. It is one thing to enjoy large women, it is another to cheer your wife on while she becomes the archetypal lard ass.

These people make me sick.

#36487 - 03/15/10 07:08 PM Re: Woman goes for record. [Re: Vlad]
exadust Offline
pledge

And on the other hand her husband is playing the part of a suicide doctor. If he actually had any feelings towards her he would get her psychiatric help. But the way he's riding her like a mammoth he may also need help.

The kid must go to school in disguise to avoid scrutiny for having truly mentally dysfunctional parents.

I wonder if the husband has to use a crane to lift all those fat rolls in order to fuck her?

#36489 - 03/15/10 07:15 PM Re: Woman goes for record. [Re: exadust]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
As a general rule, I am very against State run anything. Even more so any sort of socialized healthcare scheme. However....

If I am footing the bill for your healthcare then I get a say in some of your lifestyle choices. I would have these sorts of people rounded up and sent to reeducation camps where they would be taught good diet and proper exercise. They would enjoy a calorie restricted diet and manual labor. Release would depend on who was the 'biggest looser.'

Remember kids, arbeit macht frei!

#36490 - 03/15/10 07:19 PM Re: Woman goes for record. [Re: exadust]
Jake999 Offline

Actually, a couple of people have come across one angle that's valid here. IF she is committing suicide, using food as the method of the act, that's her personal right. If one is truly "their own god," then they are in control of their destiny and that entails the responsibility for the acts that they chose to engage in.

It's at least as valid as using other substances to commit suicide, from alcohol to narcotics to a loaded 38 to the temple. While some might not agree with her lifestyle or her method of self destruction, the choice is indeed hers to make.

#36492 - 03/15/10 07:34 PM Re: Woman goes for record. [Re: Jake999]
exadust Offline
pledge

It might be her right but at the same time she's leading a pathway of destruction for all the impressionable morons who actually watch her eat her life away.

And if she acheives her goal she will start a movement of gastric bypass defecency the world has never seen? Surgeons will have to find new careers and all us "slaves to the grind will be out of jobs"!

I guess I'm going to have to start a resume building topic!

Just when I thought I finally acheived a prominent position I'm going to lose it.

#36493 - 03/15/10 07:44 PM Re: Woman goes for record. [Re: Jake999]
Vlad Offline
stranger

Loc: Virginia
You are correct, she is completely within her rights to be a grotesque, disgusting slob, just as I am within my rights to criticize her for what I feel are terrible life choices.

Really at the end of the day, I, nor anyone here, have any say one way or other in the issue. It isn't like her obesity or her idiocy are encroaching on any of our rights to make (potentially poor) decisions regarding our lives. If she is going to eat herself to death in order to make her own husband happy, it's her choice. That does not mean that choice is above criticism, however.

#36494 - 03/15/10 07:47 PM Re: Woman goes for record. [Re: Jake999]
Shadow Dragon Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Jake999
Actually, a couple of people have come across one angle that's valid here. IF she is committing suicide, using food as the method of the act, that's her personal right. If one is truly "their own god," then they are in control of their destiny and that entails the responsibility for the acts that they chose to engage in.

Normally I'd agree with that, but in this case, she's a mother of two kids, one of which is rather young. If she was on single women without any responsibilities, I wouldn't care so much about it. Well, I'd still think she was fucked up in the head, but I wouldn't feel any anger towards her. One of the Satanic rules of the Earth (yeah, I know not everyone follows Lavey's brand of Satanism, including myself; but I think this is a rule we can all agree on) is, "Do not harm children." Her actions are very much so harming two children. Her own, which makes it even worse. She needs to get her head on straight, or those kids need to be taken away.

#36495 - 03/15/10 07:56 PM Re: Woman goes for record. [Re: Shadow Dragon]
Jake999 Offline

Perhaps. Perhaps not. At present the only real harm being done to the children is in the form of a bad example. I can lay that same fault on one hell of a lot of parents all around the world. Personally, I always knew I had no parenting skills or even desires to become a parent, so I took responsibility at a young age and got a vasectomy... would that a hell of a lot or bad examples of parenting should do the same! And you're right. If the "powers that be" had any sense, they'd probably take her kids. Then people could bitch about that for a while.

She's probably going to die from complications of morbid obesity. Will that harm the children? Probably. My parents committed suicide by nicotine... did they harm me? By dying, certainly, but it also provided me with a lot of wisdom in the choices I make. Watching your father hack up bits of bloody lung into the sink is a great motivator for not smoking.

But for now, it's apparent that she's getting what she needs... attention, what she accepts for "love," some $$$ from voyeurs who'll pay to watch her on the web. C'est la vie.

#36496 - 03/15/10 07:58 PM Re: Woman goes for record. [Re: Shadow Dragon]
exadust Offline
pledge

Whether or not one follows LaVey's views or not hurting children shouldn't be tolerated. And maybe I feel that way because I have two children but children aren't old enough for any type of wrath to be brought upon them and obviously she holds some contempt for her children.

#37234 - 04/01/10 06:54 PM Re: Woman goes for record. [Re: Shadow Dragon]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
This raises an interesting question: At what point, if any, should the state intervene? At the very least, Social Services needs to monitor this situation.

I can’t even begin to imagine what those poor kids are going through. It’s embarrassing enough having an obese mother, but a monstrously obese mother advertising it to the world? Wow…

#37237 - 04/01/10 08:02 PM Re: Woman goes for record. [Re: William Wright]
Jake999 Offline

So now the state is to become involved when a parent looks bad? How bout when a parent is drunk... or stoned... or simply moronic in the public eye? It's their life. Their business.

Unless you are prepared to open your own life to the state at the whim of others, it seems like a stone that probably is best left unthrown.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.