Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#37302 - 04/02/10 06:37 PM Re: Woman goes for record. [Re: Jake999]
Shadow Dragon Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Jake999
Clearly the woman in question fits that definition... along with millions of others. So do we need to hire an army of social services Gestapo? Foster care is already overburdened... what's a few million more kids ripped from their homes?

Sometimes a system needs to completely break down before it gets the attention it deserves. Then maybe it will light a fire under the government's collectice ass, and make them fix foster care. And yes, hiring more social service agents would be a step in the right direction. Being a parent is a privilege, not a right.

And just to be clear, the only morbidly obese people I'd have them look into are the ones that can't leave their room. As long as the parent and still get around, and thus provide for their kid, then I have no problem.

Edited by Shadow Dragon (04/02/10 06:39 PM)

#37303 - 04/02/10 06:44 PM Re: Woman goes for record. [Re: Noctuary]
Jake999 Offline

Not the question at hand. The question is in regard to the woman in the story and nothing has been shown that any of this is relevant.

But: If a parent cannot care for their child, then of course there could be some intervention from the applicable agencies, however, it would be in the child's best interests to be moved into a suitable placement with familial members, if possible. Is it ok for a child to take care of their parent? Depends on the child (age, maturity, physical ability), the parent and the circumstances.

I have seen children of parents stricken with diseases that have assisted in the care of their parents and found it to be bonding and life-affirming. I assisted with my parents during their cancer treatment, my grandmother during her heart attack and stroke as well. I was of age with my parents, but when I shared in the care of my grandmother, I was probably no more than 15. Was it fun? Seldom. Was it worthwhile? Definitely.

We tend to view life and circumstance through the cloister of our own lives, but there are circumstances and nuances in the lives of people everywhere that we can scarcely comprehend though our limited frames of reference. So we try to box them into the boxes we know... but our boxes may or may not fit their particular circumstance.

#37305 - 04/02/10 07:00 PM Re: Woman goes for record. [Re: Jake999]
Shadow Dragon Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Jake999
Not the question at hand. The question is in regard to the woman in the story and nothing has been shown that any of this is relevant.

It's not relevent, yet. If she does reach a thousand pounds (assuming she doesn't die first), then she will become one of those people that can't leave their bedroom.

Also, I would consider this to be different than a child that takes care of their sick parent. In that case, the parent didn't purposely give themselves cancer, or whatever disease they have. This woman is chosing to become handicap. I would compare it to someone chosing to cut off their legs, but even they'd still have more mobility than this woman will.

#37309 - 04/02/10 08:11 PM Re: Woman goes for record. [Re: Shadow Dragon]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
You guys all need to open your eyes and read more before passing judgement.

She has a man in her life, partner, husband, fuck buddy, enabler, father of at least one of her kids, whatever other name you want to use.

He supports her choices, he likes her fat ass, he likes to fuck her, feed her, and he likes her/their kids (in theory).

So what about him?

If she gets to a thousand pounds and dies, the kids still have him.

Plus all the money she makes from her website and videos. So in that way her feeding frenzy isn't a burden on her kids/family. If anything, her videos will still sell and supply a small income after she dies.

Oh, and by the way Nocuary, 300 pounds isn't that big for some people. It all depends on height, bone mass, sex, and ratio of body fat to muscle.

As Jake said, coming in and jackbooting kids is kinda fucked up if you don't know the whole story. Lots of people do fucked up things to their kids, and having a fat mom is not the worst of it.

Morgan

#37312 - 04/02/10 08:32 PM Re: Woman goes for record. [Re: Morgan]
Noctuary Offline
pledge

Morgan, I stated 300 range AND unable to tend for the kid. Fat is fine. Fat and unable to care for a child you had is not. Am I judgmental? Fuck yes.

#37352 - 04/04/10 12:38 AM Re: Woman goes for record. [Re: Noctuary]
Kiersten Offline
lurker

Loc: Ontario, Canada
People have different metabolisms, and therefore are different. That is good. But as soon as you're bodily state makes you weak and unable to protect yourself and survive, it becomes wrong.

Making money off someones weakness is always wrong, even if it's yourself. No attention or money should be worth destroying your abilities - not to mention your lifespan.

Why are people so much more attracted to outrageously bad things than good? Shock factor, I suppose. It just doesn't seem, right.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.