Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#4034 - 02/10/08 11:19 AM Re: Satanic Scipture's [Re: Asmedious]
birdstrike Offline
pledge

Loc: Canada
I really think many of you put way too much stock in the word Satanism, and being "Satanic"! Quit being a Satanist and grow yourselves outside the title. The very philosophy of this very base religion is to cast off that which has no value and grow oneself. I submit that the title "Satanism" has no value.

Satanism stagnates because the people who wear it as a title are stagnant in the title. Satanism is personal to each individual, thus if there is nothing new its because we are lazy and have not sought anything new. If you truly have followed an idea to its fullest conclusion, cast it aside for something fuller.

Quit being Satanists. Religious titles are nothing but food for our egos. It is when you can mold yourselves into any idea that you can really begin to expand. I meant what I said: Become Christian for a while! When you can become your own antithesis at will you will be astounded at what you find.

#4039 - 02/10/08 01:00 PM Re: Satanic Scipture's [Re: birdstrike]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: birdstrike
I really think many of you put way too much stock in the word Satanism, and being "Satanic"! Quit being a Satanist and grow yourselves outside the title.

The title fits some of us not we fit it… This ties into the born not made aspect of Satanism… If you were born a negro, a duck, or a cripple could you change that? No yet there will always be someone who is unhappy with what you are… In reality they are unhappy with who they are but they will try to convince you that you’re the one at fault… You are the one needing change not them…

The very philosophy of this very base religion is to cast off that which has no value and grow oneself. I submit that the title "Satanism" has no value.

As stated previously the title has little to no meaning to you… Good so why do we need to change again?

Satanism stagnates because the people who wear it as a title are stagnant in the title. Satanism is personal to each individual, thus if there is nothing new its because we are lazy and have not sought anything new.

Every day brings something new into my life… If your stagnant and lazy you should not call yourself Satanist… You only fool yourself and the other kiddies…

If you truly have followed an idea to its fullest conclusion, cast it aside for something fuller.

This is impossible… Following an idea gives birth to many more ideas that create a continuation if nothing else of the original idea… Following an idea to the end is a practice of stagnation…

Quit being Satanists. Religious titles are nothing but food for our egos. It is when you can mold yourselves into any idea that you can really begin to expand.

Quit pushing how you view yourself on your view of others… Satanism is really not a religious title if it were there would be no need to prefix it with titles of religious belief… There would be no need to further title oneself to help describe their beliefs to others…

I meant what I said: Become Christian for a while! When you can become your own antithesis at will you will be astounded at what you find.

Most of us started Christian why would we need to take a step backwards? When you start using the title to describe what you are and not as a crutch to what your supposed to be then maybe the beginning of your journey has begun… Until then you are as a baby playing in his own feces…

In the end it matters little what you title yourself, what truly matters is did you enjoy your stay…

~T~

#4040 - 02/10/08 01:14 PM Re: Satanic Scipture's [Re: Asmedious]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Asmedious
Although there is more then one way to skin a cat, there are ONLY so many ways one can do it.

The results are also the same…

Originally Posted By: Asmedious
“If you see the Buddha walking down the street, kill him,” we too will be able to kill our own teachers. This is not a literal killing of course, but metaphorical.

When we ourselves become masters, everyone else who claims to be one, will be seen as a fake in our eyes. Because true masters do not have masters themselves.

When one feels as if his teacher has taught him all he needs to know then one is foolish… To realize that a lesson can be taught by even the lowest life form, or that there may always be something gained from someone is much more advanced thinking…

Other than that this post is brilliant…

The truth may have never been closer to being spoken…

If one is too busy trying to learn Satanism, perhaps one needs to live it a bit more or move on…

~T~

#4041 - 02/10/08 01:59 PM Re: Satanic Scipture's [Re: ta2zz]
birdstrike Offline
pledge

Quote:
The title fits some of us not we fit it… This ties into the born not made aspect of Satanism… If you were born a negro, a duck, or a cripple could you change that? No yet there will always be someone who is unhappy with what you are… In reality they are unhappy with who they are but they will try to convince you that you’re the one at fault… You are the one needing change not them…

Satanism was started as a cult in San Francisco in the 60's. It has no bearing on your genetic makeup. You were not born a Satanist, you merely added it to yourself. Satanism is merely a name nothing more. Had you not started life in a Judeo-Christian society, what would you call yourself then?

Quote:
If you truly have followed an idea to its fullest conclusion, cast it aside for something fuller.

This is impossible… Following an idea gives birth to many more ideas that create a continuation if nothing else of the original idea… Following an idea to the end is a practice of stagnation…

This is true, you have grasped the oxymoron hidden in the statement. It is when the idea becomes stagnant it is then a belief, and thus counter productive!

Quote:
Quit pushing how you view yourself on your view of others… Satanism is really not a religious title if it were there would be no need to prefix it with titles of religious belief… There would be no need to further title oneself to help describe their beliefs to others…

First off this is a forum site. I am entitled to pretty much say what I like until reigned in by moderators. A point you yourself have made on several occasions. Secondly, I really have no idea what your saying here. Please clarify. I can't tell which side of the point you are making.

Quote:
Most of us started Christian why would we need to take a step backwards? When you start using the title to describe what you are and not as a crutch to what your supposed to be then maybe the beginning of your journey has begun… Until then you are as a baby playing in his own fec

The Christian point was not explained well by myself. My apologies. The point is this:

It is always very easy to except ideas that we agree with. In this facet though we grow little. It is human nature however to seek out those who agree with us. Sometimes it is very therapeutic to seek ideas which our contrary to our own. It becomes interesting to apply that which we know now to contrary ideas. You mention that many came from Christianity. OK so go back with the expanded ideas you have now. It is like going back into a video game dungeon with a new key. You will uncover things you didn't realize originally! I have found most belief systems have many merits if you explore them fully.

#4052 - 02/10/08 06:36 PM Re: Satanic Scipture's [Re: birdstrike]
monkeypaw Offline
lurker

Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio
Satanism is a way of life, A lifestile. Humanism with antichrist dogma. Nobody knows what or whom is waiting for us on the other side, if anyone tells you they do, they are full of shit. Religion as a whole is made up by man. Including Satan. Their are forces out their that we as humans do not comprehend, and will never comprehend. An all powerfull force that controls everything, everyone. Nothing can escape this force. Nothing. Its nature. that is the all powerfull force, not god, satan, or any other man made god. It is possable to tap into this force with proper meditation. Some of us can, some cant. People have tapped into this force for centries and called it many names. Satanism is a way of life. A Satanist they call me, A Satanist i am. And i love me and will never change.

Edited by monkeypaw (02/10/08 06:47 PM)
Edit Reason: add more

#4053 - 02/10/08 06:48 PM Re: Satanic Scipture's [Re: monkeypaw]
birdstrike Offline
pledge

What relevance exactly does this bear to the topic in question. Thank you for explaining Satanism for us. Who said anything about afterlives? I expected to find a well founded intelligent response from ta2zz when I logged on tonight. I don't think I've really had a good grapple with him since the old forum site. Imagine my disappointment.

I know the posts are long but please do read them before writing stupidity back

Thanks!

#4055 - 02/10/08 07:00 PM Re: Satanic Scipture's [Re: birdstrike]
monkeypaw Offline
lurker

Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio
You said in your first paraghaph, The title Satanism has no value, exuse me for thinking you might want to read what someone else thinks about it. Dont act like an ass. I am FAR from stupid. If you are to close-minded to have other people say their opinion, then just say so.
#4149 - 02/12/08 08:04 PM Re: Satanic Scipture's [Re: AlleQ]
DaVinci Offline

Loc: Australia
I was utterly disappointed with the book. My girlfriend at the time had bought it for me as a going-away present when I was deployed, just to give me something to read - though the cover had been changed as the last thing one needs is a bunch of morons rambling on about "You're a devil worshiper!" while you're on tour.

Not to mention, the severe consequences of finding such a book if detected by your not-so-friendly neighbours.

All in all I was disappointed; I thought his writing skills needed much improvement as I found no substance in the book. It was a collection of essays, nothing more, nothing less. They went on as if this book would change the face of Satanism, in my opinion it has just tarnished the reputation of its author. To be absolutely brutal, I think even LaVey might have been disappointed.

Though reading his book has not discouraged my overall opinion about the man. From where I'm standing he's a genuine and thoroughly invoking kind of guy, but as was stated he's certainly no author or philosopher. Kudos for his enthusiasm though.

As for "Essays in Satanism" by Svengali, I hear that was a disappointing read as well. But as I have not read said book, I have no place to judge its contents.

#4768 - 03/04/08 08:42 PM Re: Satanic Scipture's [Re: DaVinci]
AlleQ Offline
stranger

Loc: California
Yeah the one thing that I do want to do however after alot of practice and meeting with the people in my area for social ritual and ect. Is put out a book on satanic magick, there's the satanic witch but it's more on the female side of thing's I mean it's ok for a guy to read and take notes on but I wanted to do something that's fit's for all. But like I said after alot of participation. And only if im fit enough to do so.

#4816 - 03/05/08 03:11 PM Re: Satanic Scipture's [Re: AlleQ]
delusion Offline
pledge

Loc: hawaii
Often times people take Satanism and Magic(k) on because it makes them feel better then they are or more powerful, etc. This comes across to the reader who takes the time to look at the author as well when judging his or her word. At least when talking about non-fiction that is.

So having said that here are my requirements for taking a magic(k)al instruction book seriously.

First:

1) Live in several other counties while enjoying some amount of success.

2) Make more then enough money to survive.

3) Have ready proof that not only can you get a guy or girl to want/love you but also that you can make a worth while partner over some fair amount of time.

4) Own a home.

5) Have more then 2 people vouch for your all a round magic(k)al prowess.

6) Have a career under your belt that makes you happy and covers your financial needs and then some.

... Just some initial thoughts.

Delusion

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.024 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.