Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#36702 - 03/18/10 08:57 AM Australia, where's my TSB?
Wake Offline
pledge

Loc: Australia
I've been hunting about for a while now, trying to secure my copy of TSB. The problem is, I can't seem to find the bloody thing anywhere.

I have called up many book stores in my area as well as others and all I got were angry shouts and/or hang ups.

Second hand, brand new, libraries!

Australians, where did you get your Satanic Bible?
(not including the net)

#36704 - 03/18/10 12:24 PM Re: Australia, where's my TSB? [Re: Wake]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Does Amazon, Boarders Books, or Barnes and Nobles ship to Australia?

I know the all 3 ship books in the USA. Have you looked into ordering from those places online and seeing if they will mail it to you?

I don't know if Boarders or Barnes and Nobles have book stores in Australia, but I think you might be able to order online and have it shipped to the store.

Morgan

#36705 - 03/18/10 12:45 PM Re: Australia, where's my TSB? [Re: Morgan]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
Have you tried Ebay, Wake? Just about anything you can think of turns up there! Morgan, I don't know why but quite a lot of books are "not for sale in Australia or New Zealand" - something to do with trading laws? It's a mystery. It should be possible to print your own copy from the pdf of the book if that's doable for you. Come on, Wake - get that Creative Visualization going! ;\)

#36714 - 03/18/10 02:43 PM Re: Australia, where's my TSB? [Re: felixgarnet]
Shadow Dragon Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: felixgarnet
Have you tried Ebay, Wake? Just about anything you can think of turns up there! Morgan, I don't know why but quite a lot of books are "not for sale in Australia or New Zealand" - something to do with trading laws? It's a mystery. It should be possible to print your own copy from the pdf of the book if that's doable for you. Come on, Wake - get that Creative Visualization going! ;\)

Also, Australia is a very conservative nation, even in comparison to the US. Many of the libraries and book stores probably refuse to carry anything dealing with Satanism. Unless of course it portrays them in a negative light and offers how to save them.

#36722 - 03/18/10 07:17 PM Re: Australia, where's my TSB? [Re: Wake]
Khk Offline

Hey Wake,

I'm in Oz, I bought one from ebay about two years ago. They should still have plenty of them around and it's easier than trying to buy one here, cheaper too. I paid $15 for the Satanic Bible and some other Satanic Rituals book that came with it.

I've a PDF of the thing if that's any use.

PS - http://shop.ebay.com.au/?_from=R40&_trks...-All-Categories

Edited by Khk (03/18/10 07:18 PM)

#36730 - 03/18/10 10:13 PM Re: Australia, where's my TSB? [Re: Khk]
Wake Offline
pledge

Just to make it clear, I do have my own PDF copy of TSB.
I'd rather just have a 'legit' paper-back copy to read whilst about my day.

(Morgan) We do have Borders book stores here. I THINK I have already checked in a few of them around my area, but you say they may ship? It's worth looking into, thanks.

(Felix) I could buy a TSB online right now if I wanted to. The reason I began this thread in the first place was to see if any Aussies have been sucessful in finding a book shop that sold it. Which I should have made clearer.

(Shadow) Indeed. They, the librarians/bookstore owners, probably think it's a hoax book. Killing house-hold pets, and black candles.

(Khk) Chances are I will buy it on ebay. I'm losing heart trying to find it here.
I would have given up long ago if I hadn't seen it here several years past. It was in a second hand bookshop nearby my house. I was a Wiccan at the time so when I saw it I pretty well just screamed and ran away.

#36735 - 03/19/10 12:39 AM Re: Australia, where's my TSB? [Re: Wake]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

Okay I have a computer at the moment.

I live in Sydney, Australia. I purchased a copy of TSB from a store called Half a Cow in Glebe years and years ago. I do not know if Half A Cow is still in business.

Utopia Records in Sydney regularly has Dr. LaVey's works as well as some of Crowley's for sale.

The Haunted bookstore in Melbourne. I have checked their site and they have Dr. LaVey's work and have been recommended by the CoS as a good source of books.

Hope this assists you.

P.S. if you live in Sydney I would also check in Newtown

#36737 - 03/19/10 03:21 AM Re: Australia, where's my TSB? [Re: Wake]
Simon Jester Offline
stranger

Try Angus and Robertson.

http://www.angusrobertson.com.au/search/the+satanic+bible/

If you call your local store (and they are just about everywhere), they'll order you a copy. It is currently in stock.

I'm sure Dymocks also carry it.

#36778 - 03/19/10 07:46 PM Re: Australia, where's my TSB? [Re: Simon Jester]
PeteOfTheDead Offline

Loc: Brunswick, Melbourne, Victoria...
I live in Melbourne.

There's a place here called The Haunted Bookshop. I haven't been in there for years but when I used to go in there they stocked TSB. Here's the website: http://www.haunted.com.au/

I just looked at the catalogue. TSB is there.

Edited by PeteOfTheDead (03/19/10 07:58 PM)

#36833 - 03/21/10 02:53 AM Re: Australia, where's my TSB? [Re: PeteOfTheDead]
Wake Offline
pledge

(Matt) I'm afraid I don't live in Sydney or Melbourne unfortunately. Thanks for the concern

(Simon) Angus and Robertson you say? I have checked in one or two of their stores and come up with nothing. It may very well be worth ordering a copy, Cheers.

(Pete) This 'Haunted bookshop' is beginning to sound interesting. It's a shame I live in Queensland though. I might get lucky and find a franchise around here, thanks.

#36843 - 03/21/10 06:39 AM Re: Australia, where's my TSB? [Re: Wake]
PeteOfTheDead Offline

Loc: Brunswick, Melbourne, Victoria...
There's just the one, Wake. I thought maybe they did mail orders but looking at the website, it doesn't look like they do.

#36885 - 03/22/10 04:35 AM Re: Australia, where's my TSB? [Re: Wake]
Simon Jester Offline
stranger

Queensland?

Try Archives Fine Books in Brisbane @40 Charlotte St. They generally have TSB and TSR. One of the best independent bookstores in Oz.

#36886 - 03/22/10 05:49 AM Re: Australia, where's my TSB? [Re: Simon Jester]
Wake Offline
pledge

(Pete) Hmmm, tis a shame

(Simon) Really? I sure hope so, I'm only a short bus ride away from the city. Infact I can even check it out tomorrow. Thanks a bundle.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 26 queries. Zlib compression disabled.