Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#36835 - 03/21/10 03:37 AM new to satanism
Miss May Offline
pledge

Loc: sebastopol, CA
I'm new to Satanism and I'm still gaining an understanding of the concept.
Are there any books that more experienced satanists would be willing to recommend?
I would be greatly interested in any other experiences others have had when they first became interested in Satanism and how the concept effected their life.

#36836 - 03/21/10 03:55 AM Re: new to satanism [Re: Miss May]
Shadow Dragon Offline
pledge

For books, I'd suggest any by LaVey. Being the founder of the Church of Satan, he'd be one person to focus on. I particularly liked The Devil's Notebook. It's a series of essays and other short writings by LaVey.

Also you might want to read on of Nietzsche's books. He was a philospher from the nineteenth century, who's works partially influenced LaVey.

Edited by Shadow Dragon (03/21/10 03:56 AM)

#36839 - 03/21/10 05:28 AM Re: new to satanism [Re: Shadow Dragon]
Miss May Offline
pledge

Loc: sebastopol, CA
I've read some of Lavey's writings but i'm also interested in writings that explore the adversary throughout history in a practical way. I'm not looking for anything new-age or particularly mystical. I'm more interested in facts around the subject.
#36846 - 03/21/10 10:20 AM Re: new to satanism [Re: Miss May]
exadust Offline
pledge

Loc: georgia
The first step is to look at yourself and see if you exhibit Satanistic capabilities.

If you don't then the only thing you could get from looking into Satanism is maybe a better understanding of what being a Satanist is.

But if you can't let go of the RHP's dogma then you're just wasting your time and anyone else's that you seek information from.

#36848 - 03/21/10 12:04 PM Re: new to satanism [Re: Miss May]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Theses three threads may help you.....

http://www.the600club.com/topic6069-1.html

http://www.the600club.com/topic6069-1.html

http://www.the600club.com/topic15615-1.html

Enjoy......

Morgan

#36853 - 03/21/10 01:09 PM Re: new to satanism [Re: Morgan]
BloodRaven Offline
stranger

Loc: Tucson, AZ
"I've read some of Lavey's writings but i'm also interested in writings that explore the adversary throughout history in a practical way."

You may enjoy:
Lucifer Rising by Gavin Baddeley (about the history of Satanism)
The Book of Satanic Quotations by Matt G. Paradise (a personal favorite of mine, it's a collection of quotes from famous people from different time periods. Quotes that you can say come from the "adversary".)

#36854 - 03/21/10 01:28 PM Re: new to satanism [Re: Miss May]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Miss May
I'm new to Satanism and I'm still gaining an understanding of the concept.
Are there any books that more experienced satanists would be willing to recommend?
I would be greatly interested in any other experiences others have had when they first became interested in satanism and how the concept effected their life.

Download my free ebook The Church of Satan from my webpage here, as it addresses all of your interests above.

#36856 - 03/21/10 01:55 PM Re: new to satanism [Re: Miss May]
Meq Offline
Banned

For books on persuasion techniques, known as Lesser Black Magic (or LBM) among many Satanists, the following may come in handy:

- "Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion" by Dr Robert B. Cialdini
- "The Psychology of Persuasion: How to Persuade Others to Your Way of Thinking" by Dr Kevin Hogan

Drawing on research in applied psychology, books such as these are frequently tailored to business and marketing needs, however contain a goldmine of techniques utilizable by Satanists in their everyday lives.
They are also useful when it comes to recognizing attempts at persuasion and manipulation by others. An essential Satanic skill.

Dr Aquino's ebook is of a similar length to War and Peace, and while it might be worthy of a skim, be aware that many here would dispute its claims to objective validity.

#36874 - 03/21/10 09:44 PM Re: new to satanism [Re: Meq]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Meq
Dr Aquino's ebook is of a similar length to War and Peace, and while it might be worthy of a skim, be aware that many here would dispute its claims to objective validity.

Actually I have not seen a single factual dispute here, or anywhere else for that matter, of the contents of COS, because it is meticulously documented, footnoted, and appended in all of its contents, as perusal of it will easily evidence. You might more accurately acknowledge your personal annoyance at its existence, but may I suggest that an inquiry thread such as this is not the place for even that kind of behavior.

#36875 - 03/21/10 10:07 PM Re: new to satanism [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
BloodRaven Offline
stranger

Loc: Tucson, AZ
I read over a good portion of CoS by Dr. Aquino. Most definitely a great resource on the history of The Church of Satan (if thats what your looking for). I especially enjoyed the letters he put in. The section about Sammy Davis Jr. was also interesting. Best of all it's free! One of these days I plan on reading Blanche Barton's version and comparing the two.
#36887 - 03/22/10 07:36 AM Re: new to satanism [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Actually I find Aquino's book to be worthy of a full thorough read, not just a skim. (Just got through it last month) It's loaded with information that any Satanist (at least the dorky ones, such as myself) would find fascinating. Even if you do take Aquino's "bias" into account, which in any case, if you ignore information just because it comes from another point of view, that's kinda stupid.

#36932 - 03/23/10 01:00 AM Re: new to satanism [Re: Miss May]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

I recommend Fist's Books of the Left Hand Path. Morg may have already provided a link to them - not sure.

I have had a copy of and read Dr. Michael Aquino's ebook on The Church a few times over the years. It is a quality book - great stuff. Be aware of Dr. A's central premise(you may agree or disagree with it).

Also checkout the CoS website. Many good books and films listed there

#36934 - 03/23/10 02:24 AM Re: new to satanism [Re: ]
PeteOfTheDead Offline

Loc: Brunswick, Melbourne, Victoria...
I've looked for a .pdf copy of each of the books listed on the homepage. The ones available for free download somewhere online are: Thus Spoke Zarathrustra, Satan Speaks!, The Satanic Bible, The Satanic Witch, The 48 Laws Of Power, The Virtue Of Selfishness.

If you're poor or don't care about copyright infrigement download away!

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 26 queries. Zlib compression disabled.