Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#36929 - 03/23/10 12:19 AM Meaning?
HereticAiel Offline
stranger

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I have been in search of a dominion of knowledge by which to identify with. This Forum has been a great wealth of knowledge and perspectives. However I continue searching for resolve in hopes to manage my compulsive human instincts of fear. Fear of so many things mainly driven by an ego that cries out for acceptance, and recongnition.

My resolve resembles meaning.

However it seems that this is not possible and frankly paradoxical.

So what does one do if he/she knows this but is forced through day to day existence to find "ones meaning" within society.
through social roles and norms.

How do we function without being another cog in the machine.

Whether were doing it for ourselves by following Satanic values calling ourselves satanists. In the world we live in today we cannot escape being cattle.

#36931 - 03/23/10 12:53 AM Re: Meaning? [Re: HereticAiel]
Adversary Offline
pledge

Do not ask what ones meaning is, grasshopper, rather ask what it means to search for ones meaning.
#36938 - 03/23/10 04:34 AM Re: Meaning? [Re: HereticAiel]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:

How do we function without being another cog in the machine.

Simple, be like an average person in your daily life, become/profilate as an authorative leader when needed.

A life is full of challenges, you might look (and have (been given) the impression you are but an average Joe doing his service for the company and country/state you live in. Reality on the other hand gives you the ability and freedom to act and think as you like (which by most, not to say everyone, is underrated). You can interlink with other persons and gain unauthoritive influences.

The fact I differ from being a part of the cattle (and being a wolf in sheeps clothing) is just because I know what my position is, my efforts to enhance it and the keystone places I work myself in. Now, I can be viewed as a piece of cattle, but taking me down at certain levels will most of the time result in "chaos" or a total break-down.

To give an example: I once was a "roadie" of a band. Now, I was being their roadie for a few years and knew how all the stuff worked and had to be set-up. I helped putting up a stage, connected all the electric wiring and did all things involving electronics for this band. There was actually 1 problem, the new lead singer was an ass. He made the big mistake before a gig to call me a lazy ass and the reason why the last few "concerts" were a total disaster (which I think had more to do with bad planning and his lack of vocal skills despite my efforts to enhance it a bit mechanically).

Upon hearing this I immediatly resigned, being sick of his huge ego and lack of intelligence (note I was putting everything up so they could play). This resulted the whole evening had to be cancelled and the band had a loss of about 100 Euros, if not more.. They split up 2 months after the events. I still have contact with 1 or 2 members and heard the lead singer was kicked out in about 5-6 other bands after they broke-up.

At this very moment I function as a roadie in the band of my brother and still am an "artist". (i.e., I write own songs do a few covers and am starting up a blues project).

Edited by Dimitri (03/23/10 04:36 AM)

#36967 - 03/24/10 12:14 AM Re: Meaning? [Re: Dimitri]
HereticAiel Offline
stranger

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Thank you very much for your replies

I sense wisdom \:\)

What I was in need of.

Thanks again I will consider your opinions

#37660 - 04/16/10 11:48 AM Re: Meaning? [Re: HereticAiel]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: HereticAiel
Fear of so many things mainly driven by an ego that cries out for acceptance, and recongnition.

Acceptance and recognition from whom? That is key. Why do you seek this and what do you hope the end result of such acceptance and recognition would be? That's rhetorical, by the way, no need to answer it here.

So what does one do if he/she knows this but is forced through day to day existence to find "ones meaning" within society.

What you do in society is just that. It's what you do. What you do can change as often as you would like for it to. Who you ARE is a different matter. Your 'meaning' can only be discovered by looking within oneself. "One's Meaning" should not be defined by the thoughts and actions of others or by a jury of one's peers. 'Society' is largely a construct... at least the way we think of it is. Imagine you fell off of a ship and wound up on a small desert island completely alone for the rest of your life. Would you worry then how society perceives you?

What would you 'do' separate of society?

In the world we live in today we cannot escape being cattle.

I disagree. Recognition of herd behavior is the first step. Systematically rejecting herd behavior (as desirable) is the second step. Removing dependence upon others and learning to seek only validation of self is tertiary (though of the most import).

And, as ever, I issue my standard disclaimer: It's what works for me. Your own path will be different.

#37794 - 04/18/10 01:31 PM Re: Meaning? [Re: Fnord]
oroborus Offline
lurker

Loc: England
Personally I wouldn't say that having a place in society makes you a "cog in the machine", I believed this myself for a while but found it to be nothing more than paranoia from smoking too much weed and listening to too much bill hicks. Society as a concept is human beings evolving to rally together and make things easier for ourselves.

In order for us to be talking here on this forum many people have had to be cogs in the machine. Internet providers have been established, and these companies employ thousands of people to do simple tasks that will all contribute to that internet connection being available. Somebody has also designed your computer, and then it has been assembled in a factory, possibly by an employee. It has then been delivered to the store you bought it from, and then sold to you by an assistant. My point is that it is not the job you do that defines who you are. You must be a part of society in order to not be cattle, in other words, have the money and therefore ability to do things outside of the norm, such as visit far away places and learn interesting skills. It is the cattle who choose to not go to work and sit in front of the TV all day, you look after them, like it or not.

P.S to hereticaiel, who is the bigger nutjob, albert fish or ed gein?

#37878 - 04/19/10 05:24 PM Re: Meaning? [Re: oroborus]
Lucifer Rising Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN
So what does one do if he/she knows this but is forced through day to day existence to find "ones meaning" within society? Be it through social roles and norms?

How do we function without being another cog in the machine?

Whether were doing it for ourselves by following Satanic values calling ourselves satanists. In the world we live in today we cannot escape being cattle.

We all play roles in society, but they are not stationary. Look to yourself for meaning. What do you want out of life? I would say that Satanism is really applied after you've figured that out. To me, when you break Satanism down to its core it is knowing what you want and taking it no matter what as long as you are willing to take responsibility for the consequences. It's fighting for the role you want rather than the one you have, because unlike most everyone else you know what you want and you have every right to fight for it.

Originally Posted By: oroborus
It is not the job you do that defines who you are. You must be a part of society in order to not be cattle, in other words, have the money and therefore ability to do things outside of the norm, such as visit far away places and learn interesting skills. It is the cattle who choose to not go to work and sit in front of the TV all day, you look after them, like it or not.

Couldn't have said that better myself.

#37913 - 04/20/10 05:43 AM Re: Meaning? [Re: Lucifer Rising]
Miss May Offline
pledge

Loc: sebastopol, CA
To put my own spin on things, being a member of society doesn't necessarily imply that you are a cog in the machine. It does imply, however, that you are capable of contributing to a community. Being a capable person in today's world makes you different from many of the others out there who wouldn't be able to get anything done if they weren't being instructed on to do it.

There is a reason that society is thriving. It is all of the people within it that manage to keep it going. The direction each member wishes to devote their time to what can actually make a difference.

#37961 - 04/21/10 05:20 AM Re: Meaning? [Re: Miss May]
ravely Offline
lurker

Originally Posted By: Miss May
To put my own spin on things, being a member of society doesn't necessarily imply that you are a cog in the machine. It does imply, however, that you are capable of contributing to a community. Being a capable person in today's world makes you different from many of the others out there who wouldn't be able to get anything done if they weren't being instructed on to do it.

There is a reason that society is thriving. It is all of the people within it that manage to keep it going. The direction each member wishes to devote their time to what can actually make a difference.

I agree largely.

I strongly believe in creating your own purpouse in life, and to me my role in soceity is a large part of it.
To truly be happy and content, I figure one should have the following (it works for me, feel free to disagree)

*A job or otherwise a role in soceity you can be proud of for whatever reason
*personal goals you have fufilled
* A informed view of the spiritual, meaning one you actually agree whit
*Some goals you have yet to completly fufill, but can work toward (example, noone is going to learn everything there is to know about any topic, but you can learn more about it)
* A tribe of people you feel close to and comfortable whit
* A place to fall back on, a home where you can get away from day to day problems

Whit these things, you live a fufilling, meaningfull life, one you can be proud of.

#38450 - 05/12/10 02:46 AM Re: Meaning? [Re: ravely]
Gareth Offline
Banned
stranger

if people give their lives meaning communally, like the people that built the pyramids, does that have more meaning than the meaning an individual would attribute to their life?

Edited by Gareth (05/12/10 03:09 AM)

#38483 - 05/12/10 09:43 PM Re: Meaning? [Re: Gareth]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
What?

"The people that built the pyramids"? Are you suggesting that the people involved in the construction of the Great Pyramids at Giza, did so in order to leave behind a legacy? As if having to obey the whims of powerful Pharaohs, "Horus On Earth", didn't factor into their labor?

It had nothing to do with giving meaning to the lives of the Egyptians as a society, and everything to do with several Pharaohs trying to out-do the previous one in the size and grandeur of their final respective resting places. A pissing contest of epic proportions.

Matter of fact, I can't think of any ancient work of art or architecture that was built for the sole purpose of "giving meaning" to an entire people. The majority of these constructs were built for either A) To glorify a single person, usually a leader/King/figurehead, or B) In honor of a god or goddess.

The closest I can come to whatever it is you're describing would be the Statue of Liberty, given to us by the French on the 100th anniversary of the Revolutionary War. The statue not only stands as a beacon of hope to many, but of the freedom it represents.

#38944 - 05/31/10 03:19 PM Re: Meaning? [Re: HereticAiel]
cadfael Offline
Banned
stranger

Loc: Tn.
Knowledge is to own. I own my own Knowledge. No one knows what is mine. how could I ever say give me your knowledge, I can learn certain things, but when I apply it to myself, it is my own. No one can ever take something from you unless you let them, no one can receive your truths, they are own. Own that which you know, and the rest will follow.
#38953 - 05/31/10 08:36 PM Re: Meaning? [Re: cadfael]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
What kind of gibberish is that, cadfael? How is your post even relevant to this 2 month-old thread? All I see is a repetition of the words "own" and "knowledge", strung together seemingly at random.

#39612 - 06/28/10 12:08 AM Re: Meaning? [Re: HereticAiel]
NeoZombie Offline
pledge

Loc: Minnesota, USA
[quote=HereticAiel]I have been in search of a dominion of knowledge by which to identify with.

My resolve resembles meaning.

Try This Site: Course in Consciousness

#44185 - 11/18/10 07:37 AM Re: Meaning? [Re: NeoZombie]
mabon2010 Offline

Loc: The Commonwealth of Great Brit...
One reason I am self employed is that I got tired of fitting in to others ideas. I make my own path, screw everyone else.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.