Page 6 of 8 « First<45678>
Topic Options
#36396 - 03/14/10 10:41 AM Re: Born a Satanist [Re: exadust]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Yes, I have read all of your 27 posts, the only impression you give me is the one of a person who has read few things here (or elsewhere) but has failed to understand what is being said.

You want to give the impression of someone intelligent, yet upon a little pressure tends to give in.
Take my advice, think before you say/write something. I've smelled the blood of a poseur, surprise me and try to proof otherwise.

#36400 - 03/14/10 11:00 AM Re: Born a Satanist [Re: Dimitri]
exadust Offline
pledge

Loc: georgia
Really? A poseur. Is that supposed to infuriate me? Your opinion of me doesn't matter. We're not in highschool anymore. Or at least I'm not I can't speak for you. If you are so quick to accuse me of being a poseur then look into my black soul and see if it is true. A poseur is someone trying to be something they are not. I have always been me and I do not pose, I do not conform and I do not bow to others expectations.

Maybe you're the poseur. If not then you should realize that I am my own God and that what you think has no impact on what I do or think.

#36402 - 03/14/10 11:09 AM Re: Born a Satanist [Re: exadust]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

This is turning a bit off-topic and turning into a bitch fight.
But yet I can't help to show your inconsistencies...

Quote:
Your opinion of me doesn't matter.

In that case, why did you ask me if I read your responses?
It implies I give an opinion about you, which to some degree shows you actually DO care about it.

Quote:
If you are so quick to accuse me of being a poseur then look into my black soul and see if it is true.

Black soul? Guess I indeed smelled something fishy here..

Quote:
Maybe you're the poseur. If not then you should realize that I am my own God and that what you think has no impact on what I do or think.

Might be, but at least I have shown my backbone and skills to those with the same interests and came off quite well. You on the other hand are new here, acting with much grandeur but hasn't yet shown you are not the kind of person I came to describe.

#36441 - 03/14/10 07:24 PM Re: Born a Satanist [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
Doomsage680 Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
Thank you Mahwrinskel,

@Exadust...calm down. You mentioned manipulation as one of your Satanic tools. Understand that your actions thus far will only lose you respect, and while you seem to have some good ideas, your temperament negatively affects how they are perceived.

Dmitri is not a poseur. In any way. I find that allegation and that word's spelling funny. Back to the thread. Let's chill guys.

While I hold that there are a few born-Satanists, as in, those pre-disposed to understanding human nature and being willing to manifest their desires, for others it is something they must consciously work on.
Born-Satanists may also make less Satanic decisions that go against their goals, but because it is in their nature, it is easier for them to live "Satanically" without having to try so hard.
For myself, I was not born a satanist. Just wasn't in my cards. It is something I actuate in my life though, and I consider it the same as being a man. It is something of which I possess some qualities but am not quite yet. I must be aware of my decisions and keep in mind being responsible, not making excuses for failure, and intelligently working through problems. I consider these requirements for considering myself a man and a satanist, and I view both as necessary for my happiness. I desire nothing less.

I think I've always been drawn to born satanists. I remember as a kid, there were always a few children who didn't take crap from other kids, and when they were willing to get confrontational, people stopped causing problems. I don't mean that every kid who disobeys authority is even a little satanic, because, often, obeying authority is quite beneficial. (Don't chase balls into the street) But a few may have been.

I'm also an advocate of the philosophy that labels often over-define, and that a child who is raised from a very young age to be more responsible, mature, and independent can think and act as "satanically" as someone who was born predisposed.
But then again, they were taught, weren't they? And the difference is that the natural born would be Satanically inclined no matter what, while the other child wouldn't be the same under different conditions.

To address the question posed earlier about whether other religions have members who were born muslims or born christians, I think that the variety of human predispositions is sort of like a scale of people at one end who are satanists, and the other end who are either conformist or inept at understanding and manipulating their environment. This scale might be more complex than just the x-axis of a line graph, but maybe someone can post a diagram or something. Could be an interesting project. We'd have to compile a list of essential components of Satanism and un-Satanic qualities, but this is assuming that we are at the ultimate end of any such graph. Might be as simple as LHP-RHP, I'm not sure. Could be interesting.

~Doomsage680

#36820 - 03/20/10 10:35 PM Re: Born a Satanist [Re: Damis]
BloodRaven Offline
stranger

Loc: Tucson, AZ
Iíve been pondering this question for a while. Many Satanists think you have to be born a Satanistís to REALLY BE A SATANIST. I happen to disagree. This really goes back to the whole nature vs. nurture debate. Iím a psychology student and this subject comes up a lot. The current research suggests Itís actually a mix between the two that actually forms a persons characteristics. Here is a quote from my Human Development book, ďWe know that virtually no features of life-span development are due exclusively to either heredity or environment. Instead, development is always shaped by both: Nature and nurture are interactive influencesĒ(Robert V. Kail, John C. Cavanaugh pg 5).

So with that said it is important to realize that one cannot be BORN a Satanist, but in fact it is an interaction between both their genetics and social programming. You can also look at it the other way and say that you cannot just BECOME a Satanist, you have to have the proper brain wiring in the first place. An interesting study on the importance of ones nature is the David Reimer study.

I think it would be interesting to study a group of babies who grow up and have different religions (Satanists included of course). Ones temperament as a baby stays with them for the rest of their life. I would hypothesize that there would be a temperament difference between the different groups of babies.

Here is an interesting side note. Arenít all babies and small children very Satanic in a lot of ways?

#36821 - 03/20/10 10:42 PM Re: Born a Satanist [Re: BloodRaven]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
I really have to ask, did you read the whole thread before you posted that????

What you wrote contradicts itself.....

.... fact it is an interaction between both their genetics and social programming.... ... I would hypothesize that there would be a temperament difference between the different groups of babies...

"Arenít all babies and small children very Satanic in a lot of ways?"
Can you also say that.... the tykes are all sheep, all helpless, and very christian in a lot of ways, etc....

It's either in you or it's not.....

Morgan

#36822 - 03/20/10 11:02 PM Re: Born a Satanist [Re: BloodRaven]
exadust Offline
pledge

On the topic of your side note:

What are you talking about babies are dependent on adults for everything. Satanists depend on their selves for survival. If babies needs aren't addressed they could die.

Babies are like dogs and are in no way "Satanic" as you put it!

#36823 - 03/20/10 11:25 PM Re: Born a Satanist [Re: BloodRaven]
exadust Offline
pledge

And on topic a Satanist's way of life is more along the line of evolution rather than an innate ability.

A person's way of life is formed on perception of one's desires and is not genetically inclined.

If it were based on genetics then hypothetically most of us would be inclined to walk the RHP since most of our ancestors walked that very path.

#36829 - 03/21/10 01:16 AM Re: Born a Satanist [Re: Morgan]
BloodRaven Offline
stranger

"What you wrote contradicts itself....."

Not really. Temperament does not encompass ones entire personality nor their entire philosophical leanings (although I hypothesized they have some effect). Different babies have different temperament but they fall into these three categorizes: easy, difficult and slow to warm up. Here is a simple summary:

http://www.parenting-ed.org/handout3/General%20Parenting%20Information/infant%20temperament.htm

What I'm curious about is if there is any correlation between these infant temperaments and future Philosophical/ religious beliefs. To my knowledge their has been no longitudinal study on the subject. Also, it's important to note that correlation does not equal guarantee as some people seem to think.

There are exceptions to every rule.....

Also, I think while there very well maybe a correlation between temperament and future philosophical leanings, I also think that having different sorts of parents and parenting styles would have an effect on future philosophical leanings here is a summary on parenting styles:

http://psychology.about.com/od/developmentalpsychology/a/parenting-style.htm

"Can you also say that.... the tykes are all sheep, all helpless, and very christian in a lot of ways, etc...."

You could absolutely say that. Thats why I posed it as a question not as a statement. Food for thought as it were. The other side of the argument would say that children are true to their carnal nature. Small children/babies lack the mental capacity to be heavily influenced by their society. Society likes to impose a lot of anti-hedonistic philosophies on us. Like it or not WE are far more influenced by society than a baby would be.

"A person's way of life is formed on perception of one's desires and is not genetically inclined."

Read the aforementioned David Reimer study.

#36831 - 03/21/10 01:35 AM Re: Born a Satanist [Re: BloodRaven]
exadust Offline
pledge

As far as someone else's study on any particular aspect of human behavior, predicting human behavior is not as easy as you think or anyone thinks.

Mankind's mentality is constantly changing. The belief systems people have are constantly changing.

But the philosophy behind Satanism has always exsisted and has never truely changed.

Like Morgan stated it is either in you or not. You either have the mindset to live in the carnality of human nature or you conform to manmade beliefs.

No one is born a Satanist.

#36832 - 03/21/10 02:26 AM Re: Born a Satanist [Re: exadust]
BloodRaven Offline
stranger

"As far as someone else's study on any particular aspect of human behavior, predicting human behavior is not as easy as you think or anyone thinks. "

Such could be said about any aspect of science. Scientific ideas are always changing. What they say is good for you one day might be the very thing giving for cancer the next. BUT, that's no reason to ignore scientific studies. They are the best thing for really understanding the universe around us. Let the Christians do the ignoring of science, I'll have none of that.

To go back to Morgan's comment, "It's either in you or it's not.....". Well stated. To be a Satanist you gotta be well a Satanist. You have to view Anton LaVey's SB as your own philosophy. You don't have to agree about everything that the man ever said (I certainty don't), but your underlining Philosophy, and self-identification must be congruent to that of the SB PERIOD. Also, you can be LaVey incarnate but you are not are Satanist unless you self-identify as one. With that said, understand my previous comments were about what actually shapes a persons philosophy/religion not a definition of is a Satanist.

#36837 - 03/21/10 04:11 AM Re: Born a Satanist [Re: BloodRaven]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
What I'm curious about is if there is any correlation between these infant temperaments and future Philosophical/ religious beliefs. To my knowledge their has been no longitudinal study on the subject. Also, it's important to note that correlation does not equal guarantee as some people seem to think.

Caracter or temperaments in no way correlate with a supposed philosophical/religious belief.
A philosophical and religious belief solely depends on the social factor. A childs mind is very malleable. At the very moment it comes out of the mother it already is open for social behaviour and influences of the people surrounding it.

The child might not have the capabilities to respond, but its senses are working, the influx is already busy copying the persons who are the nearest by and whom it is mostly in contact with.

#36838 - 03/21/10 04:19 AM Re: Born a Satanist [Re: Dimitri]
Noctuary Offline
pledge

It's after 1am...just got in from work..so I might be a bit short.
I wanted to address some general ideas and no one in particular.

If babies were born Satanic how come they tend to not be born in certain locations? Is there something in the water that makes Arab babies Muslim? I think not. I only ask because I was wondering...when and if I ever have children (through adoption) Would my baby be naturally a Satanist because of me? Or naturally Muslim because of the country it was born in? Doesn't make any sense to me. Of course I am just using these an as example. I do believe that who you are comes down to nurture and nature. Usually the truthful answer seems to lie somewhere in between two extremes.

*I bring up the Muslim aspect because...yes, my ex and I are working on getting back together. How that will work.. I have no idea. But hey....freakier things have happened in life!

#36841 - 03/21/10 05:45 AM Re: Born a Satanist [Re: Noctuary]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
If babies were born Satanic how come they tend to not be born in certain locations? Is there something in the water that makes Arab babies Muslim? I think not. I only ask because I was wondering...when and if I ever have children (through adoption) Would my baby be naturally a Satanist because of me?

Taking a look at the World map here you can (falsely?) come to the conclusion most Satanists are from the US and large parts of the UK.

Psychology is not immediately a field I have a broad knowledge off, but I wouldn't be surprised if your child (being it adopted or..) actually acquired a few skills which are considered "Satanic".

Perhaps it can be born with the mindset, it can also acquire it when growing-up. I don't know if characteristics can be inherited, but for the sake of simplicity I tend to agree with "born as.."(unless shown otherwise).

#36844 - 03/21/10 07:04 AM Re: Born a Satanist [Re: Noctuary]
Debbie Offline
stranger

Loc: Singapore
I am married to a Moslem & when I had given birth to my children my husband whispered the Moslem prayner in both their ears making them Moslem (i dont know how that works) . My son went through circumcision (final step into Moslemhood).
Goats are sacrificed too ..1 for girls & 2 for boys.

I on the other had went through all the rituals to make me catholic. Baptism,Communion & Holy Confirmation.

I guess it rituals that makes a child a Moslem , Catholic, Hindu , Buddhist or whatever religion the parents are.

Page 6 of 8 « First<45678>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.