Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#37486 - 04/09/10 10:48 PM Re: The First Satanic Church [Re: Jake999]
Zophos Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
 Quote:
Hell, if nothing else, consider yourself in good company.

Thank you, I absolutely do. Worthwhile conversation and debate are consistently reliable mainstays here.

Quote:
I personally don't know of any of the "old guard" who have any position or standing in Gilmore's incarnation of The Church of Satan.

That isn't surprising. Consider yourselves lucky.

Quote:
And there are those of us that can tell you that we were made non-persons quicker than in Orwell's 1984. It was pretty clear that moves were being made even before his death in 1997.

Mind saying more?

Quote:
My loyalty was to Dr. LaVey and HIS vision of The Church of Satan before it became a haven for "Vampyres" and an arm of the Merchant Class.

I'm appalled Jake. Don't you want to be immortal?

People will believe anything. I sometimes wonder if, in the flat certainty some Satanists have that they can't be duped, their chances for buying into rubbish under the auspice of its assertion of rationality become more probable. It's impossible to read the first paragraph of the ToV's website without being reminded of The Secret or a page out of Kevin Trudeau's handbook. How any otherwise rational person could voluntarily commit to that morass of self-help and Scientology nonsense is beyond me.

Quote:
My positions and my degrees were passed to me by HIS hand... only he can tell me to relinquish them, and as we all know, the good Doktor hasn't said anything in a long time.

Stay the course. Obviously I can't speak in any meaningful way on the quality or contribution of those older members (no insult intended), but your mention of them does prompt me—I feel a tangent coming on—to ponder the mechanism by which degree promotions are decided these days. I would love to know how personal achievement has been successfully quantified to make degree promotion—and it does matter to them, regardless of what the administration or members suggest—worth anything more than an undeserved sense of self-importance.

In an interview, Peter Gilmore said the following: "The fifth degree is—for us, it's a title that means a Satanic master, and that means that not only have I moved the world of Satanism through my writings and speakings, but I've come to a certain level of mastery of the philosophy and implementing it and made contributions that will be lasting." Does he honestly believe that his rank and title are due to anything objectively significant?

Z.

#37494 - 04/10/10 02:54 PM Re: The First Satanic Church [Re: Jake999]
Indrieus Offline
stranger

Loc: Antwerp Belgium
Hello everyone,

Why in Belgium have never have problems with or B Grotto,every Grotto Master was choice by DR La Vey ,then you have to pay every year on central grotto,and every Priest of a Grotto have that certificat from DR.La Vey himself,and why have all(grotto Master) the Grotto Masters Handboek,what you me do,and can do,Why make not onbly rituals,also go out and have fun party(s,visite museums lyke the Art Museum in Namen Belgium from Félicien Rops,it was multi culturel,and why take afther the riteal the book,and speak and members me as questions,it was good organisation or B.Grotto,only people with a belgium problem the dutroux case,killing very young girls,and withoud that whe have a very big group,whe not take everybody,and first the have the start Membership from Central s.Fancisco,then the have questionairs,and when why speak afther the rituel every one have be okee for a new member of or grotto,So you take problems out the ritual room,and in the group.
I and my Girl assit(with permision from central S.Francisco,it work very well,and everyone ar good satanists,only the ar member with big bisness,the stop what I can untherstand that a big shop bisnis go overhead when it com out you ar satanists.
Sorry,that is what I want to tell,every mound whe send all what why have to on the ritual night,from fum to art or Rituals lessens etc......Dr.La was very happy with or work in Belgium.
Have a cool and Satanic Wekend,

GreetZ Indireus

#37518 - 04/11/10 05:37 PM Re: The First Satanic Church [Re: Indrieus]
Zophos Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Indrieus, I recognize that English is not your first language, but I've typed more coherent posts while masturbating. No one is going to respond to a hodgepodge of gibberish like that. If nothing else at all, please make use of basic grammar and run your posts through an English spellcheck.

Z.

#37639 - 04/15/10 05:23 PM Re: The First Satanic Church [Re: Zophos]
CanisMajor Offline
stranger

Loc: Texas

Originally Posted By: Zophos
The growing centrality Jake mentioned of some grottoes around their administrative heads is intrinsically malignant, not just to Satanic philosophy, but also in light of what a clever fruitcake might use a grotto to do.

The question then becomes one of how to counteract it, and the answer quite simply is that there isn't a way. Even now on a physically harmless (but still asinine) scale, certain cult figures within the Church of Satan have attained a position of nigh infallibility, most notably Nemo and his blatant hypocrisy known as the Temple of the Vampire.

Such is the cult of personality - each with their own 'brand'. These "professional" Satanists crack me up. \:\/

Originally Posted By: Zophos
Past a very finite point, the value of clearing up misconceptions and promoting a philosophy runs out of steam. Satanism doesn't need a PR campaign. Yes, the Satanic Panic occurred, and yes, such a thing could happen again, but I have to think that anyone willing to listen to Peter Gilmore on Satanism (sometimes a feat in itself) would likewise be reasonable enough to doubt from the outset that the tales of fundamentalist Christians are credible, or at least not to give a damn whether Satanists in any form exist or not. Open minds will be guided by the evidence, while closed minds will continue to believe what they want about Satanism regardless of what anyone says.

Promoting "the philosophy" isn't quite what I had in mind. Nor was I pondering prosyletizing the Great Unwashed.

"Responsibility to the responsible!"

If none are responsible,the Grottoes should never exist. However;if there are those who are responsible.....should they be neutered?

Satanic Panic hasn't gone anywhere; any illusion to the contrary is due to the ebb-and-flow of this phenomena. I imagine it will inevitably rear its ugly head when the "reality show" boom begins to wane, coupled with this 2012 bullshit.

Nothing like an impending Apocalypse to get the flock in a frenzy with a good,old-fashioned fire-and-brimstone Devil!

The topic at hand,however,is what these Satanic churches actually do besides collecting tithes and "love gifts".

It is not my intention to besmirch Miss Karla or her church. However,it's not clear to me as to how the FSC differs from the CoS fan site. CoS 2.0? Cashing in? Different idea altogether?

Ask Dr. Aquino what the ToS does and how they function,you'll usually get an answer,however convoluted.

#38496 - 05/13/10 10:05 AM Re: The First Satanic Church [Re: Zophos]
Indrieus Offline
stranger

Loc: Antwerp Belgium
When you lyke to masturbat I can only think poor gay....
I not ask for respond,I give only how it was in Belgium with or/my Grotto.
And 98% of English members understand what I write....,meaby not perfeckt,only I hem from the Year XI A.S.,why have al to do with letters,I have never have a problem with the Office of San Francisco, Dr.La Vey,Diana La Vey,Miss Blanche Barton, and Margie Bauer.
Now it is the age of words, in or day's it was Rituals,visiting Museums,go out,have great Walburgisnight,every 9 day there was a Ritual in Amsterdam,Colleges,and in Belgium every 30 day's.

Gnay Gemeganza trian A Saga A Ohorela

Edited by Indrieus (05/13/10 10:07 AM)

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.