Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#2875 - 12/23/07 03:25 PM Re: The Satan / God Whisperer… [Re: babybat]
LadyChaos Offline
stranger

Loc: 7th circle of Hell
Hate to bump an old thread, but, in contrast to what some here may think, I do believe words have great power. Granted, some may think it's ridiculous to even assume that magic and occult rituals can work, or even exist, however, giving belief in such could make the possibility true. The human mind is extremely powerful and if one were to unlock the recesses that most of us do not use, the possibilities are endless.
A good example is Voodoo. Granted some of us do not think it is much to be worried about or is even powerful, but to those who believe, the power is great. Those same believers have died from being cursed from a Voodoo witchdoctor, or whatever they are called. Simply because they believed it.
I personally think that it's whatever the mind believes to be true. Same goes for those "bad luck" curses, like broken mirrors and walking under ladders.

#2894 - 12/24/07 11:40 AM Re: The Satan / God Whisperer… [Re: LadyChaos]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: LadyChaos
Hate to bump an old thread,

As this thread was spawned from the ideas under a different topic, with a bit more work as I did, you could have simply made another…

Quote:
but, in contrast to what some here may think, I do believe words have great power.

No one here has said that words are not powerful… Quite the opposite actually…

Quote:
Granted, some may think it's ridiculous to even assume that magic and occult rituals can work, or even exist, however, giving belief in such could make the possibility true.

Ok one more time… Magic works like prayer if you believe it then you will fit the puzzle to the pieces… If it works then you will praise gods or your own power… If it doesn’t work then you will “believe” that your “belief” is not strong enough in either god or magic…

So while words can be very powerful indeed, belief in something unbelievable can make it real in your head… Should you so choose to cloud yourself… I have gotten here by purging such trivial thoughts…

Does giving belief to Santa or the tooth-fairy make them possible?

Quote:
The human mind is extremely powerful and if one were to unlock the recesses that most of us do not use, the possibilities are endless.

Are we now talking hidden recesses of the mind, ESP, telekinesis? Please do not say that we only use X% of our brain as that belief is older than I am and unlike myself outdated…

Communications with make believe beings and how these people either seek treatment or feel special was the original topic…

Quote:
A good example is Voodoo. Granted some of us do not think it is much to be worried about or is even powerful, but to those who believe, the power is great. Those same believers have died from being cursed from a Voodoo witchdoctor, or whatever they are called. Simply because they believed it.

So LC while your example of voodoo being a very poor choice to explain these unused recesses in the brain… It does show that belief not words might be a powerful thing to those who believe… It also shows that belief in silly things might also be unhealthy at times… Of course those people you speak of might just have died… So this proves nothing but my previous statement…

Belief and blind faith simply make you fit the questions to the answers, or pieces to the puzzle…

Quote:
I personally think that it's whatever the mind believes to be true. Same goes for those "bad luck" curses, like broken mirrors and walking under ladders.

I had said “Belief = blind faith… Believing your experience is real does nothing to make it real…” I should have written it better stating “believing your experience is real does nothing to make it real, to anyone other than yourself…”

Good luck on your path

~T~

#2895 - 12/24/07 12:47 PM Re: The Satan / God Whisperer… [Re: ta2zz]
LadyChaos Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: ta2zz

Hate to bump an old thread,

As this thread was spawned from the ideas under a different topic, with a bit more work as I did, you could have simply made another…

I felt it was part of this thread, and instead of making something duplicate or similar, I chose to put it here. I think it goes along with the original idea. This thread has touched other topics that were relative, so I assumed it was appropriate. But thanks for the suggestion.

but, in contrast to what some here may think, I do believe words have great power.

No one here has said that words are not powerful… Quite the opposite actually…

Care to demonstrate how all of the forum is under that assumption? I said some not all. ;\)

Granted, some may think it's ridiculous to even assume that magic and occult rituals can work, or even exist, however, giving belief in such could make the possibility true.

Ok one more time… Magic works like prayer if you believe it then you will fit the puzzle to the pieces… If it works then you will praise gods or your own power… If it doesn’t work then you will “believe” that your “belief” is not strong enough in either god or magic…

So while words can be very powerful indeed, belief in something unbelievable can make it real in your head… Should you so choose to cloud yourself… I have gotten here by purging such trivial thoughts…

I agree with this statement, but again we have our own realities that we perceive. You and I experience something most consider to be "real" such as the physical world, yet our experiences are vastly different based on perception. When something fails, I arguably want to say it is based on not believing that it will. I know honestly that many people will not believe that, and that's fine. I've just had a fascinating curiosity with quantum physics, neuroscience and epistemology. For example
* The universe is best seen as constructed from thought (or ideas) rather than from substance.
* What has long been considered "empty space" is anything but empty.
* Our beliefs about who we are and what is real are not simply observations, but rather form ourselves and our realities.
* Peptides manufactured in the brain can cause a bodily reaction to an emotion, resulting in a new perspective to old adages such as "think positively" and "be careful what you wish for."
I this is what I chose to believe, so if you can agree that words are powerful, then you can see where I am coming from.

The human mind is extremely powerful and if one were to unlock the recesses that most of us do not use, the possibilities are endless.

Are we now talking hidden recesses of the mind, ESP, telekinesis? Please do not say that we only use X% of our brain as that belief is older than I am and unlike myself outdated…

Communications with make believe beings and how these people either seek treatment or feel special was the original topic…

I'm simply stating that not all of us use the brainpower that we are capable of. The myth of only using a small percentage of our brains is ridiculous. That is not the direction I was going, my apologies if you assumed I was.

So LC while your example of voodoo being a very poor choice to explain these unused recesses in the brain… It does show that belief not words might be a powerful thing to those who believe… It also shows that belief in silly things might also be unhealthy at times… Of course those people you speak of might just have died… So this proves nothing but my previous statement…

Belief and blind faith simply make you fit the questions to the answers or pieces to the puzzle…

I was not making excuses for the possibilities of Voodoo being a subject of lack of use in the brain. I was making a point on how belief in something being so strong, that the person actually dies. There are documented cases of such. A perfectly healthy person, is cursed, believes they are cursed, and lays down and dies. Of course it is unhealthy, I never promoted it being healthy.

I had said “Belief = blind faith… Believing your experience is real does nothing to make it real…” I should have written it better stating “believing your experience is real does nothing to make it real, to anyone other than yourself…”

Good luck on your path

~T~

I agree with this, and thats basically what I have been trying to say all along. However, there is such a thing as cause and effect, and when you take action, or have belief in something, you most certainly effect others with said beliefs. No matter if it is negative or positive. Since both are only a matter of opinion. (Nods towards perception)

As far as speaking of luck with my path, There is no luck for me to believe. I myself choose where I go, and what I do with my life. ;\)
Regards,
LC

#2930 - 12/26/07 02:07 PM Re: The Satan / God Whisperer… [Re: LadyChaos]
LadyChaos Offline
stranger

Quote:
Does giving belief to Santa or the tooth-fairy make them possible?

To answer something I missed or was added later Ta2zz, as the majority of people in this world believe that those characters do not exist. However, in some people's perception and in many children's minds they do. Whether or not you and I believe them to be real, it matters not. Perception is key.
As ridiculous of a idea it may be, to you and I. That's simply the way it is. It would also explain why we have people in the mental ward who believe Satan lives in their Bic lighters.

#2933 - 12/26/07 02:49 PM Re: The Satan / God Whisperer… [Re: LadyChaos]
Happy Birthday Euronymous Offline
stranger

Loc: san diego, ca
You have a good point here. I think what you are alluding to is Collective Consciousness. It matters not whether the "Fairy" or "God" really exists in the real world, but the fact that these ideas exist in many the minds of Man is what gives these ideas life and possibility to influence people the world over.

#2939 - 12/26/07 08:55 PM Re: The Satan / God Whisperer… [Re: LadyChaos]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

It was your statement “but, in contrast to what some here may think, I do believe words have great power” that first entered this thought into the discussion… Should anything need to be proven I do believe then it is you who carries the burden of proof on your shoulders…

Who here disbelieves that words are not powerful?

I read most everything and I will not claim a photographic memory but, I do think it is safe to say that no one has ever said anywhere on this forum that words are not powerful… Ever… We understand that words carry power this is why we post and read…

On differing realities and perception, humor me here… How different are we? We may have different goals and different plumbing, and I am in no way saying that our perspectives are not different… But how different, we are after all the same species… While the perimeters of the senses vary from person to person and may even blend together a bit for some, we are not vastly different…

In a thread on the old forum someone had asked if an alien species came all the way to earth why would they just flash lights at us? To which I answered who is to say their sound is not our light, maybe they are screaming at us wondering why we are deaf… Perhaps our sound is nothing but a bad taste to them?

Now that would be a serious difference of perspective… Does my thinking of a possible explanation for an alien race make them exist any more or less? Does it make them any more possible? The answer is no…

Hubble's Deepest View of the Universe "the Hubble Deep Field image covers a speck of the sky only about the width of a dime 75 feet away."

The sheer number of suns and planets out there, the vast number of galaxies… Along with the laws of chance and luck is what makes the existence of other life possible…

Just as a child who believes that Santa is real, as real as he is to that child does not make him exist… While this child believes Santa is real other children also believe this and it furthers the power of Santa in children…

Will there ever exist a technology that would allow one to become as Santa? Who can answer that? But I put my money on no… Santa's magic will never exist… Ever…

Back to your example of voodoo I did say that it just might show that belief, not words may be a powerful thing to those who believe… Of course those people you speak of that are documented of dying from a curse, might just have died… So this proves nothing other than you may be just fitting the puzzle to the pieces again…

Can you prove that these people just did not die from it being their time? What about those who believe that are not affected by such curses? That puts them in the same category as the amputees who's prayers god ignores…

It would also explain why we have people in the mental ward who believe Satan lives in their Bic lighters.

Ah back to our original topic… Do people who believe in Satan living in their lighters or believe they have contact with divine beings belong in a mental ward? Is this a delusion or simply a different perspective? I am ok with calling them perspective illnesses rather than mental illnesses… ;\)

Have these people’s perspectives skewered so far from normal that they are dangerous to others or themselves? Should we start calling them dangerous perspective wards?

Or is it really the power of people believing in this which we call normal that makes it so… Remember the mental used to be used as seers…

Imagine a world where everyone believes some select few have contact with the divine… Oh wait look, it already happened…

Never forget that anything you know is from a human perspective…

till next time

~T~

#2940 - 12/26/07 09:27 PM Re: The Satan / God Whisperer… [Re: Euronymous]
LadyChaos Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Euronymous
You have a good point here. I think what you are alluding to is Collective Consciousness. It matters not whether the "Fairy" or "God" really exists in the real world, but the fact that these ideas exist in many the minds of Man is what gives these ideas life and possibility to influence people the world over.

Yes. Thank you. You know what I am speaking of.

#2944 - 12/27/07 01:37 AM Re: The Satan / God Whisperer… [Re: ta2zz]
LadyChaos Offline
stranger

Never forget that anything you know is from a human perspective…

I believe that what you have posted is merely your own perspective. Is it not? Henceforth, what you say can arguably be only your reality. Yes, I am stretching it that far. ;\)

I do enjoy debating with you however Ta2zz, I'm sure you will bring more thought provoking ideas to the table in the future.
LC

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.024 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.