Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#3721 - 01/28/08 12:00 PM Theistic Satanist Anonymous
birdstrike Offline
pledge

Loc: Canada
My name is Birdstrike (or Krash from the old forum) and I am a theistic Satanist!

I started a thread on the occult side about fragmented thinking. Through no fault of those that replied they completely missed the point. In this thread I will illustrate my point better I hope.

To start I am a theistic Satanist. I believe in demons because I have witnessed their awesome power. I am completely accepting of their external will and sentience. They have warned me, helped me, clarified things beyond the grasp of myself, and of course driven me to the brink of suicide. I talk to them, and they answer. They appear in forms to me, and have manifested themselves to me in the physical world.

Now that most of you are checking my avatar to make sure that it is the same birdstrike who can't help but belittle those who profess a belief in magic, I hope to clarify my thought process. Prepare for confusion.

I am a fierce skeptic. I believe little of what people tell me. I read most "occult" authors and laugh out loud generally at the way they are followed. For example Crowley was a heroin addicted clown with a great publicist nothing more. I do not believe in magic's hold on anything in the physical world. I am an engineer and worship mathematics. Magic is simply not real! If it can't be measured I don't believe it!

Please note that both of these statements are completely true. How is this possible you ask? How can one person believe in the existence of demonic magical beings, yet disavow any belief in magic. Dave777 already asked this question. The answer is fragmented thought (not schizophrenia because I don't like the way it sounds).

It has been seen by myself that occult is about control, yet also about giving it up. It is my understanding (because belief is stupid) that I am not the highest power in the universe. I however am the highest power in the universe all the same.

Has anyone else come to a conclusion which looks something like this regarding their existence? You are many yet one. All happens according to your will, yet nothing is within your control.

the simple math equation for what I have come to call my "overman" is simply 2-1=0. A challenge to you all is to attempt an explanation of this concept in mathematics. I am very interested in speaking with anybody that can explain it. It would mean that others are on the same wavelength as myself, and I'd be very curious to see someone else's progression along this line.

If 2-1=0 doesn't make sense to you, consult your demons. Thats where it came from to begin with. I will attempt to explain it later (after a few replies).

#3725 - 01/29/08 02:02 PM Re: Theistic Satanist Anonymous [Re: birdstrike]
Stag Offline
pledge

Contradictions are an inevitable consequence of many high-level disciplines. When we engage in these pursuits, we can reach a point where our mental architecture simply cannot keep up. For example; the famous photon wave-particle duality experiment from Quantum Mechanics. Common sense dictates that something cannot be both a wave and a particle, yet the experiments say otherwise. A certain degree of 'fractured thinking' is a necessary requirement for physics undergraduates.

This goes doubly so for any kind of serious occult practice. Since all occult studies are ultimately an exploration (and manipulation) of subjective reality, we are unable to ground our experience in hard, empirical evidence. For the most part, you're on your own. At best you might have the metaphors and anecdotes of others to guide you -- but these can be as confusing as they are helpful.

Hence we discover all manner of strange and apparently contradictory things; Free will and determinism are both true... and both false! My mind is vaster than the universe that contains it. God is an Atheist.

The only meaningful solution to this dilemma is to accept the limitations of our ability to make sense of these things directly, and not to take our occult discoveries too literally -- like the photon, they're rarely what they appear.

Stag

#3728 - 01/29/08 07:38 PM Re: Theistic Satanist Anonymous [Re: Stag]
Octavius Offline

Loc: just visiting
 Originally Posted By: Stag
...My mind is vaster than the universe that contains it. God is an Atheist.

The only meaningful solution to this dilemma is to accept the limitations of our ability to make sense of these things directly, and not to take our occult discoveries too literally -- like the photon, they're rarely what they appear.

Stag

Cheers, Stag. Very, very well put! I'd add to the topic but wouldn't be able to state anything quite so eloquently.

#3729 - 01/30/08 12:13 PM Re: Theistic Satanist Anonymous [Re: Octavius]
birdstrike Offline
pledge

What you all must understand is that the idea is not so much about contradiction as it is the realization that there are no contradictions. It is the realization that we can mold our very existence to our will. We are able to do so in a very physical sense in that the physical world is non existent.

I have come to understand that there really is nothing aside from perception of myself. Mathematics defines our world, yet is totally virtual. There is no such thing as a true measurement, only approximation, yet we build our absolute ideas based on comparisons made against these mere approximations. In measurement the only true number in the real world is 0. The attempt to even measure 1 is impossible because that quantity in itself can be infinitely subdivided. The number 1 only exists to our comparative perception. It isn't real, nor can it exist. Our very existence although by definition true is a lie.

2-1=0! 2-1=0 because simply with nothing to define the one remainder it cannot exist. Without comparison there is no definition, thus no existence. when 1 is taken from 2 it leaves only 1, yet 1 cannot be. With nothing to tell 1 it exists it becomes infinite. The, of course, easy exercise to contradict this statement is to prove anything you perceive physically exists without making a comparison to another physical entity.
If any of you can do it I'd encourage you to please post.

Satanism is a good example. Even early peoples needed to define there gods through an antithesis. Without a competitor god was simply incomprehensible. Even today when you put the question: "If god is truly omnipotent why does he suffer competitors?" to a Christian you will get some very interesting answers.

I have cast the title of "satanist" to the curb long ago. I am nothing now except myself. I wish to find the infinite. I am under the idea that it is both within and without. Thus I am theist and Atheist. God and satan grapple for supremacy of the sky while I am the sky's true creator.

Maybe if I quit lying to the psychiatrists and making fools of them and told the truth I could get the medication I obviously need! Fuck I'm crazy, in my defense though I scored a 148 on their IQ test. Apparently that means I'm not stupid! Just proves that IQ tests are as bullshit as psychiatry!

#3730 - 01/30/08 08:46 PM Re: Theistic Satanist Anonymous [Re: birdstrike]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Well done sir, and quite the refreshing post! I always love reading your writings, partially because it makes me feel my eyebrows are about to catch fire.

Quote:
The, of course, easy exercise to contradict this statement is to prove anything you perceive physically exists without making a comparison to another physical entity.

How about "I think, therefore, I am". Too cheesy?

Or perhaps it's not "my" existence that is in question, it is my perceptions of you "good people", and the "coffee" that I "drank" a "few" "minutes" "ago".

But I "know" I "exist", and you must on some level realize your "existence", how can you recognize me as an "existing entity" without relative comparison? I guess this is Octavius's "singularity".

Or maybe I don't exist... \:o

#4116 - 02/12/08 06:16 AM Re: Theistic Satanist Anonymous [Re: daevid777]
LVYN Offline
lurker

Concluded you do belive in divinities, but at the same time you believe to be your own god and claim the gain of own streangth as the way to get higher than divinity. But you do admit that divinities coexist on the side of other things you believe in, as yourself, the computor you wrote this on, and the body you currently inhabit.
But you put these 2 colliding ways of thinking to the same level, which really exclude any other way of thinking than the 2-1=0 theory.

You need there to be 2 points to take out eachoter, otherwise the single point would keep drifting higher and higher according to own will and become the core of what itself stands for. Believing that and trying to comprehend the results of what that would mean is far away from what any man would give a chance at trying to get inside their heads without a major headache.

But if the singular majority in your believes doesn't strave after more power for itself, then it would mean a more comprehendable fate of everything.
That would simply mean, what most people do believe today, a perfect world following their leading star on the way to a greater place after death. Nothing too much to understand or get inside the head. Most people just accept that fate as it is because just the thought of having to think for oneself is more than most humans wants to put in the effort to do.

But if you should evolve the thought of that into another meaning of that singularity's purpose, then the conclution can never be decided. That is for your own mind to create you a picture of.
That can be the way of you, to try to go beyond "normal" believes and searching for a greater purpose.
This last part was just a complex evolution of that thought.

But if you do believe as you stated that there has to be 2 poles to take eachother out, keeping the other one from getting the world out of phase and crashing existance. You think that both sience and belief can and must exist cooperatively because the demons you saw and the way of only admitting scientificly proved things isn't explainable to you, you put up a way of life that combines the both uncombinable forces and try to merge it as good as possible to clear your own head.
Meanwhile you put yourself in a scientific/atheistic position and strave after developing the own self to gain higher position than any divinity because that would be much easier to understand and accept, the conclusion of living after divinities to guide life.

The easiest way to explain that is though schitzophrenia.
If what I just wrote is anything alike what moves inside your head then the most rationale solution I can think about is schitzophrenia...

#4599 - 02/27/08 10:40 PM Re: Theistic Satanist Anonymous [Re: LVYN]
Selezen Offline
stranger

Your 2-1=0 is quite interesting, however, i have a "beef" on one thing (at least in this philosopy). You state that because 1 cannot be defined or subdivided due to its infinite amount. I must say though, does this not make 1 infinite and an incredible amount, as opposed to non existent? Just because something is infinite to our knowledge, certainly doesn't make it non-existent. Just look up at night time (well anytime but if day all you're going to see is clouds lol) and look at outer space. Is it, to our knowledge, infintite, or at the very least unexplained as is 1? I'd like you to look someone inthe eye on a clear night, look up, and tell them that what they see isnt there. Becuase of your apparent dedication i'd bet you could. If i was you, I would STOP watching "The Matrix" (due to similarities of non-existence).

#4618 - 02/28/08 01:25 PM Re: Theistic Satanist Anonymous [Re: Selezen]
birdstrike Offline
pledge

Actually there is nothing existent to us that is infinite. The human mind due to it's comparative nature cannot comprehend the concept of infinity in the physical sense (or spiritual in my opinion). The human mind relies upon comparison to define any sensory response. Infinity by it's very definition cannot be defined. You cannot define anything through infinite terms.

You speak of outer space as infinite. Should you have done some research into physics prior to posting you would in fact know that our universe has a theoretical measurement of I believe 93 billion light years in diameter. It is also surmised that this is by some accounts expanding, by others decreasing. Due to the fact it can be measured it cannot be infinite. Even if you do not believe the measurement contemplate this: If you had no eyes how would you contemplate space? The simple answer is that it would not even exist to you! Even with eyes space only exists in contrast to the earth you see. Were there no contrast you would not perceive it.

This post was an exercise in the exciting world of virtual physics. This is an area you apparently have no knowledge of. I recommend doing some reading. Believe it or not the study of virtual mechanics existed prior to the making of The Matrix. If you would like I could continue into string theory, but I really think that would be pointless wouldn't it. You'd probably accuse me of watching too much Quantum Leap.

#4620 - 02/28/08 02:36 PM Re: Theistic Satanist Anonymous [Re: birdstrike]
Jeseth Offline
pledge

Loc: California
 Originally Posted By: birdstrike
Should you have done some research into physics prior to posting you would in fact know that our universe has a theoretical measurement of I believe 93 billion light years in diameter.

"Theoretical" is the key word. We don't really know if the universe can be measured or not. What we consider the "universe" may only be one cluster among trillions of others that are too distant to see. Yes, I am one of those people who doesn't put much faith in the idea of a finite universe.

I find your statements regarding the importance of sensory input very intriguing, but I'm of the opinion that just because something can't be perceive, doesn't make it any less real. Forces at work around us will affect us, even if we are ignorant to their presence. It makes you wonder what might be going on in the mind of someone who lacks any senses at all, though.

#4628 - 02/28/08 05:40 PM Re: Theistic Satanist Anonymous [Re: Jeseth]
Selezen Offline
stranger

Well you are right, i didn't do any research prioor to that post.

I'll give you credit though, you do seem a lot more educated than I and you really know your stuff. However, I can't make sense of one thing you mentioned, you said that "The human mind relies upon comparison to define any sensory response. Infinity by it's very definition cannot be defined. You cannot define anything through infinite terms." so why is that because humans cannot define something, why does it suddenly become non-existent? (and yes i know jeseth already mentioned something similar I just want to know the answer)

PS. As a matter of fact I would like to hear about the String Theory.

#4631 - 02/28/08 06:47 PM Re: Theistic Satanist Anonymous [Re: Selezen]
birdstrike Offline
pledge

I cannot really explain any further than my previous posts. Trying to spoon feed you into my head is merely an exercise in barking in the dark.

Who told you that your world is real, or that anything exists outside of yourself? Maybe you should question your own existence before questioning me on your existence.

As an exercise assume for a moment that your true will is the architect of your universe. Look at the world as though it was you who created it. Don't identify yourself by sex, appearance, belief, or even species. Understand the root of all these things to be the creation of yourself.

According to the laws of physics you are nothing but a manifestation and function of energy.

If you do it right it is a terrifying exercise.

Edited by birdstrike (02/28/08 06:49 PM)

#4632 - 02/28/08 10:13 PM Re: Theistic Satanist Anonymous [Re: birdstrike]
blackdragon31560 Offline
pledge

Loc: Hell Paso, TX
well birdstrike you bring bring up an refreshing, ancient idea, which i like to talk about.

you bring up the 2-1=0, the numbers are funny lines. "0" simply to me means nothing, like, "1" "2" etc, there simply tools for the human mind, to give some kind understanding, that man gives meaning too. as for exists, that is a question that has plagued man since the dawn of time. time simply one more tool used by man, to give some kind understanding, and order.

Quote:
Actually there is nothing existent to us that is infinite. The human mind due to it's comparative nature cannot comprehend the concept of infinity in the physical sense (or spiritual in my opinion).

i think your wrong there, i think some people see this. some poeple look for answers, others simply try to enjoy, what they are, and have. all we have is infinite, infinite simply being one more tool used by man. just like every word you've read so far.

the real question to me is, what is here and now, and if we're simply energy what is the energy? i have my own theory on these subjects.

Quote:
As an exercise assume for a moment that your true will is the architect of your universe. Look at the world as though it was you who created it. Don't identify yourself by sex, appearance, belief, or even species. Understand the root of all these things to be the creation of yourself

i do, a lot of time, the mind, whatever it may be is infinite. i'm NOT saying this is a fact simply my thoughts and ideas, but i do think at times, if i don't exist does anything.

The only answer like statement i can think of is "I am simply me".

~ Niccolo Machiavelli

#4647 - 02/29/08 05:20 PM Re: Theistic Satanist Anonymous [Re: birdstrike]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
 Originally Posted By: birdstrike
My name is Birdstrike (or Krash from the old forum) and I am a theistic Satanist!

I started a thread on the occult side about fragmented thinking. Through no fault of those that replied they completely missed the point. In this thread I will illustrate my point better I hope.

To start I am a theistic Satanist. I believe in demons because I have witnessed their awesome power. I am completely accepting of their external will and sentience. They have warned me, helped me, clarified things beyond the grasp of myself, and of course driven me to the brink of suicide. I talk to them, and they answer. They appear in forms to me, and have manifested themselves to me in the physical world.

Sorry, I stopped reading at this point.

You are an unfortunate example of someone with extremely vivid and severe hallucinations. I pity you. It's rather depressing considering you are quite an intelligent person.

Demons have not manifested to you in the physicial world, if they have we would have proof. Show me proof.

I'm at a loss for words, I really am.

#4650 - 02/29/08 06:41 PM Re: Theistic Satanist Anonymous [Re: TornadoCreator]
Equilibrio Offline
pledge

Loc: Missouri
I agree with TornadoCreator.

Aside from all of the math and physics hoodoo, why demons? I mean, if you're going to jump way out on the subjectivity limb, why insist on claiming to have witnessed the manifestation of creatures born from primitive mythologies? Why not make it something we haven't heard of before? Surely an infinite universe could offer up something more stimulating than almost-certainly fictional entities.

I DO appreciate the occult significance of 2-1=0, but trying to explain away why your literal interpretations don't "reconcile" with your skeptic world view just seems like semantic wankery to me.

Just my 2 cents...

#4653 - 02/29/08 09:20 PM Re: Theistic Satanist Anonymous [Re: birdstrike]
Selezen Offline
stranger

Quote:
I cannot really explain any further than my previous posts. Trying to spoon feed you into my head is merely an exercise in barking in the dark.

Well you shouldn't have offered then for starters.

Quote:
Who told you that your world is real, or that anything exists outside of yourself? Maybe you should question your own existence before questioning me on your existence.

Who told you it isn't. Even if the world is as you say a manifestation of energy, then it still exists to some extent.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.