Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#37384 - 04/05/10 08:05 AM EXPOSED! Pro Wrestling's Greatest Secrets
PeteOfTheDead Offline

Loc: Brunswick, Melbourne, Victoria...

As I watched this I thought of this group and thought that maybe some of you would be interested in knowing about some old carny tricks.

#37401 - 04/05/10 09:14 PM Re: EXPOSED! Pro Wrestling's Greatest Secrets [Re: PeteOfTheDead]
Shadow Dragon Offline
pledge

Honestly, this stuff isn't shocking at all. The average wrestling fan could have told you all of this. Also, I would never call prowreslting fake. Yes, it is scripted, but wreslters do get injured a lot, so their bodies really are on the line during matches.

#38687 - 05/20/10 09:53 AM Re: EXPOSED! Pro Wrestling's Greatest Secrets [Re: Shadow Dragon]
111Cal Offline

The video WOULD have been better if it came out 20 years earlier... in an era when Pro Wrestling at least TRIED to come off as legit.

But today, most every fan allready knows how these tricks are accomplished...

#38690 - 05/20/10 11:25 AM Re: EXPOSED! Pro Wrestling's Greatest Secrets [Re: PeteOfTheDead]
Anne Offline
stranger

Loc: Denmark
"the violence looks real" wait what.. since when? xD
and here I thought that wrestling is just one, big theatre show.. Oh wait it is!!

Obvious satanist is being obvious..

#39011 - 06/02/10 03:29 PM Re: EXPOSED! Pro Wrestling's Greatest Secrets [Re: Anne]
Nightmare Offline
pledge

Loc: San Antonio TX
If you need to tell people that wrestling is fake they must be retarded... it not even a real sport it a bunch of muscular men in tights rubbing all over eachother, sounds a bit queer to me

#39012 - 06/02/10 03:37 PM Re: EXPOSED! Pro Wrestling's Greatest Secrets [Re: Nightmare]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
If you need to tell people that wrestling is fake they must be retarded... it not even a real sport it a bunch of muscular men in tights rubbing all over eachother, sounds a bit queer to me

While I know and am aware about wrestling being "fake", I should point out you are speaking a bit too lightly about this sport.
I would not dare to claim it is simply "other men rubbing each other in tights". Every move they make is well coordinated and every trick they display needs special training in power, flexibility,.. to assure the "opponent" does not get killed during the fight. Or did you think that the tombstone piledriver from The Undertaker is that healthy, not to say deadly when misperformed? After all, the slam it provokes if the person really landed on his head would easily snap its neck with lethal ending.

Did you even watch the video properly? I mean, revealing the tricks is one thing. Performing them for a live audience is another..

Edited by Dimitri (06/02/10 03:42 PM)

#39018 - 06/02/10 08:26 PM Re: EXPOSED! Pro Wrestling's Greatest Secrets [Re: Dimitri]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Yeah, yeah, Pro-wrestling is usually staged or planned out as to who wins.

That doesn't make it safe. You have to have control, timing, strength, good hand/eye coronation, and a high pain tolerance.

You will, get hurt, bruised, break bones, and sometimes end up dead. If there is a chance that you could end up dead, which has happened during a live show, then you can't really piss all over it.

Rest in Peace Owen Hart http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owen_Hart

I like wrestling, I don't care if some of it is staged. I know the amount of work that goes into it, and the damage that it can do to your body. It's not easy, a good wrestling match takes a lot out of you.

Morgan

#39394 - 06/18/10 03:24 PM Re: EXPOSED! Pro Wrestling's Greatest Secrets [Re: Morgan]
Knievel74 Offline

Loc: NY
Being a member of a stage combat group myself, believe me, although we try to be as safe as possible, we get our share of cuts, bruises and torn ligaments. And that's just during rehearsals!

But seriously, you have to draw a very fine line on stage. It has look believable to the audience, so you really have to "go for it". But you also have to watch that you don't hurt yourself or your fight partner. Which unfortunately and eventually will happen. It's just the nature of it.

My hat goes off to pro wrestlers. They have to do it night after night. And if they're not part of a big corporation like the W.W.E., they're scraping just to make any money.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.