Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#37507 - 04/11/10 08:24 AM These People Must Be Trolls
Morbid Rex Offline

I find it hard to believe that even fanatic Christians could be THIS insane.

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=18794

just read this shit, Bob4God is my personal favorite, the guy should be a comedian.

Satanism! The only scientifically proven religion.

#37508 - 04/11/10 08:38 AM Re: These People Must Be Trolls [Re: Morbid Rex]
Zophos Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
If it wasn't glaringly obvious to you within five seconds, the post accomplished its purpose.

Yes, it's a joke. Bob4God is a comedian.

Z.

#37512 - 04/11/10 12:49 PM Re: These People Must Be Trolls [Re: Morbid Rex]
Chandler Offline
stranger

I've set up a number of accounts on their forums, and they always kick me out after a few posts. I like seeing what I can get away with. I've tried acting as Christian as possible and they still kick me out, saying I'm hopelessly damned. But they sure know their Bibles inside and out. It's damn impressive how quickly they can whip up a Biblical response to just about anything.
#37513 - 04/11/10 01:05 PM Re: These People Must Be Trolls [Re: Zophos]
Meq Offline
Banned

Landover Baptist is a pretty funny parody site:

Special report on the evils of Yoga

Pokemon is Satan worship!

Do you have demons in your colon?

I can't wait to see people burn in Hell!

#37520 - 04/11/10 06:12 PM Re: These People Must Be Trolls [Re: Meq]
zippadydooda Offline
pledge

Loc: San Diego, California
If you take a close look at the terms of service, you'll notice it says and I quote; "Note: Mouse Over Below for Spoiler Alert:
The Landover Baptist Church is a complete work of fiction. It is a satire/parody.End Spoiler Alert."

The merchandise are hilarious btw.

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/tos.html

#37539 - 04/12/10 02:53 AM Re: These People Must Be Trolls [Re: zippadydooda]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
I'm especially fond of the "Too Many Christians, Not Enough Lions!" bumper sticker. Yeah, Landover Baptist is a joke, but I think it would be really funny if a serious Christian, unaware that they are a parody site, took them seriously.

#37574 - 04/13/10 03:11 PM Re: These People Must Be Trolls [Re: zippadydooda]
Meq Offline
Banned

Quote:
The Landover Baptist Church is a complete work of fiction. It is a satire/parody. End Spoiler Alert.

They aren't completely fictional, however - they are a pretty good parody of the real Westboro Baptist Church (more of a family-based cult than a 'church'), famous for their obsessive gay-bashing, whose websites include GodHatesFags.com.

Much to my amusement, I've even seen fundies (perhaps even Westboro's site) quote from (knowingly) satirical articles from Landover in support of their positions...

#37586 - 04/14/10 01:06 AM Re: These People Must Be Trolls [Re: Meq]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Many don’t get the joke. I had to look and yes I did post a video of Pastor Deacon Fred almost 2 years ago. If you go to YT you can read the comments and see just how many are clueless.

Dealing with wiccians and other groups...

An old post of mine showing a LBC video and a direct link to their page on YouTube.

LBC4GOD

Enjoy

~T~

#37612 - 04/14/10 10:53 PM Re: These People Must Be Trolls [Re: ta2zz]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
When I started to read it, I thought, "What the hell is wrong with these dumb ass people?! Whatever they're smoking, I don't want even a whiff of it!" Reading the comments, I was about to fall off of my chair laughing at how obnoxious they were. Then the disclaimer was "it" for me and I had to quit reading for fear of waking the household up. I'd never heard of the site before this but knew it had to be a parody type site shortly into the read. What scares me is, I've posted on some boards with posters that would have believed that little clip. Hell, one of the posters shared an article that claimed soy made people gay and backed his belief with the "scientific" evidence that was provided in the article. It amazes me people will believe just about anything, given the right "mind set".

#37614 - 04/14/10 11:01 PM Re: These People Must Be Trolls [Re: zippadydooda]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
 Originally Posted By: zippadydooda
If you take a close look at the terms of service, you'll notice it says and I quote; "Note: Mouse Over Below for Spoiler Alert:
The Landover Baptist Church is a complete work of fiction. It is a satire/parody.End Spoiler Alert."

The merchandise are hilarious btw.

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/tos.html

I have to have some of this stuff. I have to have it NOW!!! Brilliant stuff - thanks for the link, zippadydooda! \:\)

#37626 - 04/15/10 05:00 AM Re: These People Must Be Trolls [Re: felixgarnet]
Anne Offline
stranger

Loc: Denmark
oooh I love their merch \:D Especially the "Support your local pedophile, attend a catholic church", "Honk! If you're unsaved" and "UNSAVED! And loving it"..

Too bad the joke is on skittles, cause they are really yummy \:\/

#38255 - 05/03/10 08:52 PM Re: These People Must Be Trolls [Re: Anne]
Sireal Offline
stranger

Loc: Canada
I love Landoverbaptist, these guys are nuts and know how to put the fun back in disFunktional. A worthy site when ultra-seriousness begins take over ones magical life. despair.com is another neat place.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 25 queries. Zlib compression disabled.