Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#37602 - 04/14/10 08:23 PM Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING?
MelanosDivinity Offline
stranger

Loc: Port Gibson, Mississippi
I have been quite busy for a few, well, weeks. I also wanted to take a break to further figure out who I am and now that I am back I am sure that I will see the philosophy of Satanism in a new light. I come back every now and then to just peek into the book to utilize certain things here and there and inspire others through my own 'enlightenment.' Its been quite a journey.

So, this is my first post in a very long time. This is a question I have been pondering for a very long time now and I have the answer with regards towards whether I feel I am living or just existing but I would like to know where you all stand on the issue.

For me, wasted potential versus striving for one's true potential comes to mind.

#37606 - 04/14/10 09:04 PM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: MelanosDivinity]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Read the whole book already.

Who cares?

If you are a Satanist, you are busy living your life.
If your not a Satanist, you are busy living your life.

The difference with existing or living comes down to personal, individual outlooks.

Who are you to decide what is an individual's wasted potential verses their true potential?
What you see or believe a person to be capable of is nothing. It is all up to that person what they think they can accomplish.

Morgan

#37607 - 04/14/10 09:13 PM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: Morgan]
SOLERIFT Offline
stranger

Loc: Dallas, TX
Depends on what you consider wasting potential. Lets say you have the ability to play guitar, paint oil masterpieces, and scuba dive - if you chose to perfect one of these skills and turn it into a profitable career, you don't really have to give up the other two, but for a time, those other two have to take the back burner, otherwise you might not be pushing the mastery and putting in the hours required to really profit and be successful in that chosen career.

You could say I am wasting potential, but really, I am choosing the potential I wish to fulfill at that time. There will be time later to perfect the others, if I still desire it when the time is available.

Merely Existing : I used to sit around and smoke weed - all the way through high school and halfway through college. I loved it. LOVED IT.

In hindsight, back then, I merely existed, it sapped my desire to interact and network, I was happy reading, reflecting, and playing video games. I could wallow in regret over it, or I could realize that it was the most contemplative and reflective time in my life and that I would not be where I am now if I had not fogged up my brain a bit and thus enabled a patchwork of existential nebulous reflections to spring up within me.

Sure - it would be a hinderance to my current goals now if I were to smoke herb everyday, and perhaps I would be a lot further in my chosen career if I had quit years earlier instead of "wasting time". But would I have the same outlook and the same insights without the years of intense contemplation that cannabis helped to foster? I don't think so.

Only you can be the judge of whether or not you are merely existing..... If you have a desire and it is not being fulfilled, find out why, remove the obstacles. If you find that any obstacle is not worth removing, then analyze why, and realize you don't want the goal bad enough to tackle all obstacles.....

If one is merely "existing", and that's all they want to do, I say - why not?

To quote one of my favorite bands "When we fail our expectations, we fall into the deepest void, is there a limit to how many times will we dust ourself off?" (In Flames)

#37625 - 04/15/10 04:51 AM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: SOLERIFT]
Anne Offline
stranger

Loc: Denmark
I for one is merely excisting today and have for some years, but I have been doing exactly what I wanted too which made me come to some conclusions i'd rather not be without, somewhat equally to Solerift, just without the weed x) For me excisting and living goes along if I am living like I see fit, and it happens to just be excisting thats my living..

#37631 - 04/15/10 12:58 PM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: MelanosDivinity]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

For me: Both.

I am doing my best to keep my head above water, even if only barely so but at the same time I am out there every day making the most of what could certainly be nothing more than a brief sojourn on this spinning ball of dirt we call home. Currently I am being kept afloat by student loans and financial aid; it may not be a job but it does take work. I pay for tuition, books, rent for the term and then whatever is left over is for me to spend on whatever I see fit. Sure, I may end up broke with 4 months of waiting for my next disbursement but I am more than capable of having a great time on a virtually non-existent budget. I find that it is always important to take care of things you need before taking care of the things you want.

#37636 - 04/15/10 03:16 PM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: Morgan]
MelanosDivinity Offline
stranger

Okay well maybe I should have been a bit more specific, what I mean is those who know that they aren't striving to acheive their true potential, and aren't doing anything about it, are merely existing, now i did say this was MY OPINION, and your response to this post is YOUR OPINION too.

What i said is directly applied to those who believe that they can accomplish something more than what they already have but choose not to. It is their choice and I respect that, it just saddens me that someone would just waste away their potential like that when they could be so much more and perhaps inspire so many others to reach their true potential. Thats just me.

And your right it does depend upon outlook
and this is my outlook on the issue.

#37642 - 04/15/10 09:51 PM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: MelanosDivinity]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Why should you give a fuck about a bunch of strangers who chose not to do a damn thing?

Why would other peoples' choices that don't affect you make you sad?

Instead of worry about others, why not do something yourself to inspire others?

I still think you need to finish reading the whole Satanic Bible...

Morgan

#37666 - 04/16/10 01:57 PM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: Morgan]
MelanosDivinity Offline
stranger

Lol. Why are you using such obscene language? No need for that. Calm down lol.

And I never said that I cared, I just feel that it is sad for those who AREN'T doing as I am and as you have stated I should be more focused on which is inspiring others through my individual talents and accomplishments. This is something that I strive to do and those who have told me that I have been a source of inspiration are a testament to this fact. I do try and inspire others, and I have seen those who have been inspired by what I do and who I am and how some of their lives have changed.

Now don't go on and say that this isn't true because you do not know me or my life or anything that has really happened in my life. So let's keep this a realistic conversation.

And read the Satanic Bible again, yeah look, I come on here, I take from it what I wish, nothing more, I go live my life, I'll read it when i get damn ready to read it, I could care less if you believe this post or my response to be indicative of one who hasn't fully comprehended the extensive knowledge within the bible because it is my choice alone what i take away from it.

And its not like the sadness is allowing me to not be able to function in my daily life lol. Its just ashame, thats all

lol....

Good day to you.

Edited by MelanosDivinity (04/16/10 02:00 PM)

#37667 - 04/16/10 02:33 PM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: MelanosDivinity]
Demon Heretic666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Missouri
For me, I would say both.

There are times where I feel empty, just going day to day, giving up chances that come my way.

Other days, I feel alive. I feel like doing and I do. I reach out and take ahold of life, grab it and beat it senseless. I like these days because I dont feel so cold.

Living and existing are really a matter of personal opinion. It is also a choice. We choose to live or merely exist. We were talking about something similar in class this week. We were talking about the fact babies die if you do not love them. You can feed them, change them, wash them, etc, but if you dont hold them and love them, they die. I thought it was crap at first. I didnt see how love could keep a baby alive, especially if its fed and looked after. It exists, and it lives. How could it die do to something like that? It's an interesting thought...

#37669 - 04/16/10 04:53 PM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: MelanosDivinity]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
Iím not sure that life was ever meant to fit into such black and white categories as living vs. merely existing. Most organized religions have this dichotomy, of course: You are merely existing unless you follow their particular religion, serve their particular god.

I think life is considerably messier than that. I have good days and not-so-good days. I make good choices and not-so-good choices. Am I living? I am to the extent that Iím forging my own path.

#37687 - 04/16/10 06:36 PM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: MelanosDivinity]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Wow, another one upset by the word fuck.....

"it just saddens me that someone would just waste...."

Your words above. If it affects you to the point whereby other people make you sad, that's shows you care.

"Its just ashame, thats all"

So it's a shame people waste their life/time in your opinion by doing whatever it s they choose to do.
Why do you care, and let it affect you enough to post about such bullshit?

Whatever, read it or don't, I consider you a joke at this point.

Morgan

#37692 - 04/16/10 07:10 PM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: MelanosDivinity]
spiral Offline
stranger

Don't you think existing is so easy. I live in the best terms I can, so as not to suppress my "potential".
You know, we're building our "potential" through our life. It's fed from our existance, and it feeds our lives- and vice versa. I can't see the necessity for a distinction there, really.
I am living and I am existing , too.

#37697 - 04/16/10 09:59 PM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: Morgan]
MelanosDivinity Offline
stranger

lol..its not something that completely influences my life to the point where I must wallow in the despair procured from seeing others waste their potential. Ive seen it in school, among friends, its just a question, and you considering me a joke well ummm i could care less what you think of me? lol. your a joke.
this question was derived from personal experiences, what I have witnessed up to this point in my life, it came to mind. It is MY OPINION, if you have a problem with MY OPINION, then go cry in a corner like the immature toddler you obviously are.

lol You got so fired up with this geez lol.
Actually kinda funny. Im in a circus watching
the monkey guess, im the ring leader
guess which one you are ma'am?

lol...now please if you think im a "joke" oooo lol
then refrain from responding to my posts.

lol....

#37698 - 04/16/10 10:01 PM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: spiral]
MelanosDivinity Offline
stranger

This was a rather philosophical question.
It was imposed upon us by my english teacher
a few months back.
Your reponse, however, I agree with.
You are right about how our potential
does feed from our existence.
Makes perfect sense. Hmmm...
thanks for responding in a mature manner=)
Unlike some <.<

#37704 - 04/17/10 12:35 AM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: MelanosDivinity]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Hello again,

Originally Posted By: MelanosDivinity
Ive seen it in school, among friends, its just a question, and you considering me a joke well ummm i could care less what you think of me?

I think you are lying I think you really do care how others perceive you. I can also see that you do care a bit about others, this is why you write self-help books for teens and such. None of this is wrong as itís who you are but nothing Morgan said was wrong either. She was giving you a free lesson as most try to do in 101 yet you chose to ignore it due to some obscene language. You look all soft and squishy expect to be poked to see if any jelly comes out.

Remember where you are, do not be confused thinking the minds here and posting requirements are comparable to those found on myspace or any yahoo group. Also remember nobody here owes you anything much less their opinion.

It is foolish of you to think any longstanding member of this forum posts out of anger or using much emotion.

It is MY OPINION, if you have a problem with MY OPINION, then go cry in a corner like the immature toddler you obviously are.

Morgan is hardly immature, if you cannot see the truth in what she says perhaps you should ask yourself why? Granted her perspective and yours differ but her words ring as true. You did start projecting your feelings on her over her using the word fuck, thinking she was fired up over this.

Actually kinda funny. Im in a circus watching
the monkey guess, im the ring leader
guess which one you are ma'am?

No guessing needed here one can clearly see you are the one doing all the acting here, what does that make you? You say to go cry in a corner and be more mature but you ignore your own advice and cry out in public as such.

These pitiful attempts at insulting Morgan only makes you look immature as well as lost.

Those of us on the East coast have a more colorful language. You know what the fuck Iím saying? Toughen (the fuck) up, grow a (fucking) spine and get (the fuck) over itÖ

~T~

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.035 seconds of which 0.009 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.