Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#37867 - 04/19/10 11:59 AM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: MelanosDivinity]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Am I living or existing?
Don't know about the existing part when the philosophical moods hit me, and the living part needs some consideration.

The only thing I would care about and I can fully admit myself to is the simple fact I just AM. I have a certain genetic make-up I have my own unique blue-prints of life, ideas and behaviour which might, shall and can alter over time. That should be sufficient.

#37909 - 04/20/10 05:14 AM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: ta2zz]
Miss May Offline
pledge

Loc: sebastopol, CA
Since this thread has invited others to share their opinions on living vs. existing, I believe I am living as long as I am alive and capable of thought.

If I was to get into a car accident and become a mindless vegetable, I would consider myself merely existing. The only contribution to the world I would be making at that point was to disperse my body heat on the sheets of a hospital bed.

I consider myself alive as long as I am a living being on this earth. The quality of my life is not only something that is my own to judge but also my own to change and no one else's. This is a key point i took from the Satanic Bible.

#38444 - 05/11/10 03:11 PM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: Miss May]
Azerate Offline
stranger

Loc: Netherlands
I exist therefore I live.

(How could one live when one didn't exist?)

All I know is that I'm NOT lived. That means I prepare my own path and walk it, completely in accordance with my personal qualities, fallacies and desires. (basically)

I guess that's what they call living. Doing it while you exist.

Greets.

#38445 - 05/11/10 06:54 PM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: Azerate]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

One can not live without existing but just because something exists doesn't mean it lives. Rocks exist but you would be hard pressed to claim that they live. I could do this all day...

#38451 - 05/12/10 02:51 AM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Azerate Offline
stranger

I agree with your reasoning 100%.(sort of)

But the topic's title is:"Are you living......" etc. YOU implies a living and breathing person......right?
No mention of rocks or other inanimate objects.

#38458 - 05/12/10 04:42 AM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
DeepDown Offline
stranger

For as long as I am existing on this planet, I am alive...as long as I am 'Influencing' this world I am living. (even just giving of body heat to a bedsheet as mentioned before)
I am alive within my existence.
For one person being alive could mean party hardy every weekend, the next feels alive when walking in the woods, the being alive feeling is a personel thing that has a different meaning to each individual.

Edited by DeepDown (05/12/10 05:12 AM)

#39946 - 07/04/10 04:58 PM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
Azerate Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: MawhrinSkel
You're being facetious. Would you mind terribly posting a serious response? There is a difference between biological life and 'life' as understood by 'meaningful, vital existence filled with sense and happiness'.

Care to expand?
Absolutely. Sorry it took so long but i'm kinda occupied in my country. Nevertheless your question kept pounding inside my skull. Well done!

First of all i have to tell you i am NOT a "traditional" La Veyan Satanist. I represent the Gods of Chaos and i have more than basic knowledge of what it's all about. Basically, i couldn't care less about any thing within the creation of the False God. That includes La veyan Santanism.

However, being stuck here on this ball of dirt with all of its limitations and what not i recognize i have to abide by those "laws of limitation in order to survive and do whatever the hell it is i'm doing.
Do i enjoy it? Yes. Am i experiencing all the things that are happening to me? Yes.
Am i "enslaved"? No, i'm not. I experience emotions, i recognize priorities, i descern, i'm aware of things.............YES I EXIST.
Azerate.

Edited by Azerate (07/04/10 05:01 PM)

#39948 - 07/04/10 05:19 PM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: Azerate]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

False Gods? There is nothing false about my godhood. I am more qualified to be God than anything else I can think of.

If you all you are doing is existing then that sucks. We only live one so I feel it is best to get out and truly LIVE. Do whatever you want whenever you want - that is how I live.

Care to elaborate more on these "Gods of chaos" and how they aren't "false Gods"?

#39949 - 07/04/10 05:31 PM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Azerate Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
False Gods? There is nothing false about my godhood. I am more qualified to be God than anything else I can think of.

If you all you are doing is existing then that sucks. We only live one so I feel it is best to get out and truly LIVE. Do whatever you want whenever you want - that is how I live.

Care to elaborate more on these "Gods of chaos" and how they aren't "false Gods"?
No no no no, please don't get me wrong! With "False Gods" i mean all within the creation of Cosmos. Uhhhmmmm, look.......it's bordering midnight over here and tomorrow is gonna be another working day. Bottom line, it's getting late.

I'll get back on this a bit and it won't take me weeks to reply this time.....i mean waiting for weeks is a lame excuse for "time-zones" right?

Don't burn me yet. Lemme speak my last words first.

#39975 - 07/04/10 11:27 PM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: ta2zz]
Dakota Offline
Banned
pledge

Loc: Michigan
Both, I am living to save money for now, but I am not living the life I want because I need to get this last year here done.

I choose this path, so I am not complaining. It's a path I choose because I can't do much, besides work right now and save. I won't regret it, since it'll make me the person I am in 2015.

I have everything outlined in my bible.

It's my choice, so does it matter?

#39981 - 07/05/10 02:20 AM Re: Are you LIVING or are you EXISTING? [Re: Azerate]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
No no no no, please don't get me wrong! With "False Gods" i mean all within the creation of Cosmos. Uhhhmmmm, look.......it's bordering midnight over here and tomorrow is gonna be another working day. Bottom line, it's getting late.

If you had the time to write this, then I suspect you could also have had the time to explain your position at that moment. With the assumption you know what you are talking about and have an understanding of all concepts and claims you make.

In other words: a lame excuse and you are currently showing a great deal of stupidity.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.