#3762 - 02/02/08 04:22 AM Re: A funny example of parental hypocrisy [Re: Meq]
Stag Offline
pledge

I call shenanigans!
#3763 - 02/02/08 04:53 AM Re: A funny example of parental hypocrisy [Re: Stag]
Rainy Offline
stranger

Loc: US Florida Tampa Bay
Well, that was niether funny, nor real. Excellent!

#3801 - 02/03/08 01:13 AM Re: A funny example of parental hypocrisy [Re: Rainy]
Meq Offline
Banned

This is an example of invasion of privacy by hypocritical parents (real or not, this surely happens). The mother, after putting a camera in her son's room, turns out to be a pot head...

Part 1:
"I hide a camera in my son's room."
"I'm his mother and I need to know what's hurting him."

Part 2
"I need to know what he's doing. He finds out what I'm doing."

#3834 - 02/04/08 11:37 AM Re: A funny example of parental hypocrisy [Re: Meq]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
Like it or not, until the child is legally an adult, the parents can do whatever they damn well please, short of abuse.

If "invasion of privacy" by hypocritical parents is the worst thing kids these days have to deal with, then I pity their whiney pathetic lives.

#3835 - 02/04/08 11:52 AM Re: A funny example of parental hypocrisy [Re: Octavius]
L Fern Tej Offline
pledge

Loc: Las Vegas, NV. (u.s.)
well put octavius, as a "child" of this generation i'm gonna have to confirm that.
except for the whiney & pathetic part >.>
lol
if the mom wanted to smoke bud and keep her teenage son off of it, then while it does make her a hypocrite it's her decision and if her son hadn't found out until that moment then it's obviously not affecting her personal life.
it's her decision to do so as long as it doesn't affect anyone around her.
later on when the son is an adult able to make his own choices then he may also do the same.

it seems that parents nowadays rather treat their children like their friends instead of their children.
it's always easier to be a friend than a parent.
this leads to lack of morals, responsibility, and over-sensitive whinyness.
the only thing worse than a little arrogant emo child...is an arrogant little emo adult.
can't wait to see how my generation'll run things \:\)

oh and for the record, that was most obviously fake.
all bad acting aside, any teenage boy would've been naturally curious to smoke it...or atleast give it a second thought.

#3836 - 02/04/08 12:33 PM Re: A funny example of parental hypocrisy [Re: L Fern Tej]
Meq Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: L Fern Tej
if the mom wanted to smoke bud and keep her teenage son off of it, then while it does make her a hypocrite it's her decision and if her son hadn't found out until that moment then it's obviously not affecting her personal life.
it's her decision to do so as long as it doesn't affect anyone around her.

The problem with these double standards is that teens tend to follow their parents' actions, rather than their words.
"Do as I say, not as I do" falls on deaf ears.
So although she may have some control over her son (preventing him from smoking in his room, etc), to his teenage mind, her hypocrisy may be a good reason to rebel when he can get away with it.

Having positive role models is a much more successful guide to life for teens than a list of rules and intrusions - especially when it turns out that the rules aren't followed by the rulemakers (who would also strongly resent such intrusions into their own personal lives).

Double standards promote rebellion!

#3837 - 02/04/08 12:55 PM Re: A funny example of parental hypocrisy [Re: Meq]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
Discipline promotes patience, responsibility, and intelligence.

Besides, what child has never invaded their parents' privacy? Who hasn't gone searching for hidden Christmas or Birthday presents? Or gone snooping for the sake of curiosity when mum and dad go out for an evening? Who is the hypocrite?

#3847 - 02/05/08 05:01 AM Re: A funny example of parental hypocrisy [Re: Octavius]
Rainy Offline
stranger

Loc: US Florida Tampa Bay
How exactly did the kid find his moms stash if he wasnt invading her privacy? Seems like they are on equal ground with that. Besides, the mother wasnt trying to be tricky or do anything bad. She was trying to figure out how her kid was doing, since he wasnt communicating with her properly after whatever problems they were going through. What was the kid after when he found what he found?

And as far as the mother smoking the joint, I dont see the problem. An adult has the freedom to make such decisions. If the last scene of that clip was of her sitting down with a beer or glass of wine, sitting there quietly thinking alone, no one would have thought twice. Of course she isnt going to let the kid smoke pot, and its a good thing that she hides it from him. This shows that she cares about the image she projects to her son. If I want a glass of Pinot at dinner, does that mean I have to pour one for my child too, since otherwise, it just wouldnt be 'fair'? Is it hyproctritical for a parent to keep a couple of beers on hand in the fridge, while telling thier kids they cant drink? No. Because adults are able to make decisions rationally and teenagers are not. This is presuming that as the adult, your arent a raging alcoholic, or your bad habits arent so bad that directly negatively affect your childrens lives. In these cases, it is still not hypocritical to not allow your kid to partake, but it does mean you need to rethink your priorities.

Thats my opinion anyhow.

#4418 - 02/21/08 09:37 AM Re: A funny example of parental hypocrisy [Re: Rainy]
DaVinci Offline

Loc: Australia
Fake as all mighty hell, a complete invasion of privacy, and that mother should be put in Jail for being a fucking drug-addict.

#4425 - 02/21/08 06:41 PM Re: A funny example of parental hypocrisy [Re: DaVinci]
rob_church Offline

Loc: alberta , canada
lol beacuse she enjoys a doobie shes a drug addict?and put in jail for smoking a joint at that, what the fuck man? you poor boy davinci i take it then your of the mind set of rod and todd flanders from the simpons (smokers are jokers:)lol but then that means you have never tried acid, and if you have never tried it you cant possibly understand. damm shame

not all drugs are good for you,some are great.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.