Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#3783 - 02/02/08 04:28 PM Crawdads
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
I love Crawdad, fresh ones especially. We used to catch them in lakes when we go camping and toss them in the fire. But you just get a bunch of them, boil them... take your ass to the local asia supermarket and buy some fish sauce. Put some of the fish sause in a little dish and squeeze some lime into it (equal parts) to make a dipping sauce for them bitches.

~~352~~

#3804 - 02/03/08 07:09 AM Re: Crawdads [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Is that what us Aussies would call Yabbies? I've never had a Crawdad. Sounds interesting though.
Zeph

#3809 - 02/03/08 12:51 PM Re: Crawdads [Re: ZephyrGirl]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: ZephyrGirl
Is that what us Aussies would call Yabbies? I've never had a Crawdad. Sounds interesting though.
Zeph
LOL... Zeph, i don't speak Aussie, I've never even heard of a Yabbie. I like you australians, you give your animals the most bizarre names.

Crawdads are also called Crayfish. They look like small lobsters, and they live in fresh water. They taste good them Yabbies.

~~352~~

#3822 - 02/03/08 04:12 PM Re: Crawdads [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
I just looked it up and yep, a yabby (I spelt it wrong before) is a strain of crayfish or crawdad.

I used to catch them with a piece of meat, string and sive out of creeks and dams when I was a little girl. I was quite adept at it.

These days people tend to only use nets or pots for catching them which is nowhere near as much fun.

Zeph

#3823 - 02/03/08 04:36 PM Re: Crawdads [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Meq Offline
Banned

Crawdad or crayfish (also called crawfish) are a great ingredient in Gumbo (or paella), particularly with scallops.
I couldn't get hold of any for my second batch unfortunately.

I personally prefer the taste and texture of crayfish to king prawns (king shrimp in the US) - much less tough and more tender!

I'd love to catch and eat some fresh crayfish in the right spot - they are expensive to buy here in the UK, and often not stocked in major supermarkets.
(I last found some in Morrisons - although Greenpeace rated that supermarket chain as 'the UK's worst seafood retailer' due to their stocking endangered species of fish...)

#3825 - 02/03/08 04:42 PM Re: Crawdads [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
drow666 Offline
stranger

Loc: seattle, wa.
that sounds fucking good
#3840 - 02/04/08 03:25 PM Re: Crawdads [Re: drow666]
Noc Offline
pledge

Loc: Delaware
New Orleans cooks up some good crawdads but its been a long time since I was there. Just the thought of them makes me hungry....
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, Woland, Asmedious, Fist, Diavolo, TV is God 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.016 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.