Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#42795 - 09/05/10 03:23 PM Re: Prove it [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Syn_Holliday Offline
stranger

Loc: West Covina, CA
 Quote:
somethings can't be ignored because ignoring them sends the message that you will put up with it.

Quote:
some things aren't even worth entertaining; faith-based beliefs being near the top of that list.

So basically, you're saying it's not worth entertaining, yet it can't be ignored. You're going to entertain it, even though it's not worth entertaining. You're going to entertain something not worth entertaining.

Quote:
It is impossible for any theist, Christian or otherwise, to defend their beliefs without resorting to faith

If you already realized this, then why start the post? What responses were you looking to entertain? What was the purpose?

Quote:
Really this whole thing is obviously way beyond your comprehension.

And why get personal? Unable to remain objective?

#42797 - 09/05/10 03:37 PM Re: Prove it [Re: Syn_Holliday]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Okay, since you are too fucking to dumb to figure it out I will spell it out for you:

This thread was created for theists to prove their claims are valid without resorting to faith. The reality is, they can't. Therefore, this thread is really saying "don't spew your bullshit theistic beliefs on this forum".

Was that really so hard to comprehend?

#42803 - 09/05/10 04:25 PM Re: Prove it [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Syn_Holliday Offline
stranger

Asking them to prove it, but then expecting them not to attempt to prove it.

"Don't spew your bullshit theistic beliefs on this forum." Why not just say that then? And is there a 600 Club rule already against it? I didn't see it in the FAQ rules of conduct, but perhaps there is another area that I am unaware of that addresses it.

#42806 - 09/05/10 04:44 PM Re: Prove it [Re: Syn_Holliday]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I only want people to attempt it if they have something other than faith. What about that do you not understand?

From the Rules & Guidelines:

Quote:
If you have a conflict with anyone's posts or beliefs, present your post using the weapons of logic and rationale or keep it to yourself or you will be banned.

As an Atheist, anyone who holds theistic beliefs is directly in conflict with my beliefs. Since theism can not be backed up by logic and/or rationale, people have no business making posts that espouse theistic beliefs.

Quote:
We discourage you from posting material of a "white-light" or Right-Hand Path nature to this site, the boards are already filled with topics like this.

As far as I am concerned, ALL theism is RHP.

It took me all of 30 seconds to find those.

Now, unless you are going to argue theism, without resorting to faith, kindly fuck off. \:\)

#42810 - 09/05/10 06:45 PM Re: Prove it [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Syn_Holliday Offline
stranger

Quote:
It is IMPOSSIBLE for ANY theist, Christian or otherwise, to defend their beliefs without resorting to faith. If you had read this thread and/or paid attention you would understand that was the point behind creating it in the first place.

and...

Quote:
I only want people to ATTEMPT it if they have something other than faith. What about that do you not understand?

If you conclude that it is IMPOSSIBLE for any theist to defend belief without resorting to faith, then what was the reason for starting this thread? If it was impossible for anyone to do so, then what sort of intelligent discussion were you intending to spark? You should know that doing so would only encourage discussion that you already said annoys you. Why instigate it?

Quote:
Most of the time it is just annoying to hear others blather on about their imaginary friends

Quote:
And those people have no business posting in this thread

If a theist thought he/she was able to explain the belief with logic and reason, there would have been a thread created. From there, a discussion could begin rationally debating the merits of the claim. Nothing needs to be said on the topic, otherwise you would be contributing to further discussion on it.
\:\)

#42820 - 09/06/10 07:25 AM Re: Prove it [Re: Syn_Holliday]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
If you conclude that it is IMPOSSIBLE for any theist to defend belief without resorting to faith, then what was the reason for starting this thread?

Ever heard of subtle sarcasm?

And now it isn't a one liner anymore.

#42825 - 09/06/10 12:45 PM Re: Prove it [Re: Dimitri]
Syn_Holliday Offline
stranger

Sure, subtle sarcasm is fine, but hypocrisy is looked down upon. When someone claims to be annoyed with a certain topic but then instigates discussion on it, that isn't sarcasm.
#42826 - 09/06/10 12:45 PM Re: Prove it [Re: Syn_Holliday]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Taking snippets of quotes from other posts and putting them together as if one followed the other only serves to prove that you're an idiot. Now, fuck off.

#42833 - 09/06/10 02:34 PM Re: Prove it [Re: Syn_Holliday]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
 Originally Posted By: Syn_Holliday
Sure, subtle sarcasm is fine, but hypocrisy is looked down upon. When someone claims to be annoyed with a certain topic but then instigates discussion on it, that isn't sarcasm.

What would you say that the role of hypocrisy in lieu of a theist would be?

I am curious here because you claim that 6 is being a hypocrite via his starting of thread that is only set on the basis of essentially the theist FAILING in their explanation of how the supernatural exists.

There is really only ONE way that a theist could prove anything to an Atheist and even then, most would go back to science before they would ever entertain what they saw was more supernatural than merely supernormal.

Therefore, the faith bent theist can only rely on their responses of, it is because I say it is. What YOU gotta understand is, even though I understand your viewpoint.. just because something is because you say it is, doesn't mean that my statement of it ISN'T because I say it isn't, is any less valid, my dear.

#42841 - 09/06/10 09:39 PM Re: Prove it [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Syn_Holliday Offline
stranger

Quote:
Taking snippets of quotes from other posts and putting them together as if one followed the other only serves to prove that you're an idiot. Now, fuck off.

A bit emotional?

#42843 - 09/06/10 09:56 PM Re: Prove it [Re: Syn_Holliday]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
 Originally Posted By: Syn_Holliday
 Quote:

A bit emotional?

That wasn't emotional. That was a dismissal.

#42844 - 09/06/10 10:00 PM Re: Prove it [Re: Syn_Holliday]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Quote:
When someone claims to be annoyed with a certain topic but then instigates discussion on it, that isn't sarcasm.

It is not the topic that annoys me it is the way people go about making these claims i.e. faith based arguments. Again, if you had a reading comprehension above that of a 3rd grader you would have understood that by now. No one else seems to have a hard time understanding it.

Quote:
A bit emotional?

LOL! I am hardly emotional; I would just prefer it if you would fuck off as you are not participating in this thread the way it was intended. So, I say, for the third time: fuck off.

#42846 - 09/06/10 10:21 PM Re: Prove it [Re: OrgasmicKarmatic]
Syn_Holliday Offline
stranger

I think you misunderstood my point. The hypocrisy I was referring to didn't relate to proving theist belief.
#42847 - 09/06/10 10:24 PM Re: Prove it [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Syn_Holliday Offline
stranger

Quote:
So, I say, for the third time: fuck off.

And you really believe that will get someone to stop posting? By the way, yes, that is an emotional response.

#42848 - 09/06/10 10:28 PM Re: Prove it [Re: Syn_Holliday]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I am more qualified than you to say what I get emotional about. Now please fuck off before a Mod or Admin locks this thread. You have absolutely nothing of value to offer.

Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.