Page 3 of 13 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#40130 - 07/11/10 08:23 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: DharcDB]
BaronVonShankly Offline

Loc: London
Lots of stuff, I pretty much listen to everything from death metal to trip hop via post rock. My favriote bands are Morbid Angel, Radiohead, Massive Attack, Godspeed You! Black Emperor etc.

Edited by BaronVonShankly (07/11/10 08:24 AM)

#40248 - 07/14/10 03:22 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: BaronVonShankly]
Dakota Offline
Banned
pledge

Loc: Michigan
Music that stands for freedom and expression. That be anything. It's not the music itself, it's the message.

The music video is almost as equal to the song for me to like the song, with a few exceptions such "A Benediction" by Winterpills.

I don't have a hatred for most music, except the type were it's not really from the creator's mind but from the company that person was working for.

Edited by Dakota (07/14/10 03:32 PM)

#40444 - 07/18/10 03:59 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Mardi Gras]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
ROCK:
Jefferson Airship
Janis
Creedence
Silver Bullet
The Intergalactic Touring Band
Dick Dale [& surf music generally]
Judy Collins
Joan Baez
Dylan
KISS
Mötley Crüe
Jan and Dean
Beach Boys
Moody Blues
King Crimson
The Ventures
Eddie & the Cruisers (B. Brown)
Simon & Garfunkel
Joni Mitchell
Nancy Sinatra
Quicksilver
Fugs
Mothers of Invention
Doors

CLASSICAL
Wagner (especially the Ring & Parsifal)
Ralph Vaughan Williams
Charles Ives
Gustav Holst
P.D.Q. Bach
Sibelius

NEW AGE:
The Arkenstones
Enya
David Parsons
Steve Roach
Harold Budd/Brian Eno
Constance Demby
Brent Lewis
Richard Bone
Hilary Stagg
Secret Garden
Rasa
Medieval Bæbes

SOUNDTRACKS
Way too many to list here ... If it takes me somewhere magical, I like it.

MISC:
Arthur Lyman's Taboo
Getz/Gilberto & Bossa Nova generally
Native American
Scottish bagpipes
Australian Aboriginal
Old Blue Eyes
Dino
Sammy

#40458 - 07/18/10 06:51 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Daafje666 Offline
pledge

Loc: The Netherlands
AC\DC
All Shall Perish
Arch Enemy
Candlemass
Cannibal Corpse
Children Of Bodom
Cradle Of Filth
Death Angel
Deicide
Dimmu Borgir
Dismember
Exodus
God Dethroned
Heaven Shall Burn
Iron Maiden
Korpliklaani
Led Zeppelin
Morphia
Nifelheim
Slayer

And ofcourse my all time favourites:

System Of A Down
Nevermore
Dissection

And many many more..

#40459 - 07/18/10 06:57 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Oxus Offline

Dr. Aquino,
I'm sure you forgot 'one' other artist . . . the infamously diabolical 'Black Muse Element'.

Arthur Lymon's 'TABOO' was one of my first recordings I ever dug, my dad had it, along with a bunch of swing, also cool. Those exotic grooves and sound effects, to this day, influence my recordings and probably directed me towards the musical path I have taken.

Ir Shti Shta-tu
OXUS

Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino
ROCK:
Jefferson Airship
Janis
Creedence
Silver Bullet
The Intergalactic Touring Band
Dick Dale [& surf music generally]
Judy Collins
Joan Baez
Dylan
KISS
Mötley Crüe
Jan and Dean
Beach Boys
Moody Blues
King Crimson
The Ventures
Eddie & the Cruisers (B. Brown)
Simon & Garfunkel
Joni Mitchell
Nancy Sinatra
Quicksilver
Fugs
Mothers of Invention
Doors

CLASSICAL
Wagner (especially the Ring & Parsifal)
Ralph Vaughan Williams
Charles Ives
Gustav Holst
P.D.Q. Bach
Sibelius

NEW AGE:
The Arkenstones
Enya
David Parsons
Steve Roach
Harold Budd/Brian Eno
Constance Demby
Brent Lewis
Richard Bone
Hilary Stagg
Secret Garden
Rasa
Medieval Bæbes

SOUNDTRACKS
Way too many to list here ... If it takes me somewhere magical, I like it.

MISC:
Arthur Lyman's Taboo
Getz/Gilberto & Bossa Nova generally
Native American
Scottish bagpipes
Australian Aboriginal
Old Blue Eyes
Dino
Sammy

#40461 - 07/18/10 07:18 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Oxus]
Morbid Rex Offline

my top three genres of choice are Hiphop, Metal, and Classical.

I especially like Doom Metal as a Metal genre.

Satanism! The only scientifically proven religion.

#40464 - 07/18/10 09:35 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Oxus]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Oxus
Dr. Aquino, I'm sure you forgot 'one' other artist . . . the infamously diabolical 'Black Muse Element'.

I assuredly haven't overlooked Black Muse or many talented individual Setian artists, but here was just citing commercial works.

Quote:
Arthur Lyman's 'TABOO' was one of my first recordings I ever dug, my dad had it, along with a bunch of swing, also cool. Those exotic grooves and sound effects, to this day, influence my recordings and probably directed me towards the musical path I have taken.

Ah yes, the magical working that inspired thousands of nationwide backyard tiki parties in the '50s. Lyman later came out with Taboo 2, whose shrunken-head cover scandalized the Great Unwashed as much as the infamous Beatles' "butcher cover". At least with T2 you have the option of folding the cover over to reveal a more tikiloungey one.

The chump-change world of Satanism has nothing on the hideous, blasphemous, and forbidden Tiki Cult, which even now plots to subvert world governments, replace all opium, heroin, & pot with tiki drinks, and convince all young girls to remain virgins until they can be properly tossed into volcanos. [This is admittedly getting more complicated in today's multiwhateversexual culture.]

I also have a weak spot for really hick country music - you know, the sort where the singer can't figure out whom he loves more - his dead girlfriend, his pig, or his coon dog. Here's a sample. Lilith generally throws me out of the house when I play this stuff.

#40469 - 07/19/10 01:45 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

I have recently been listening to the Elvis Presley Sun sessions, which I love. I like that stripped down sound and those songs and the sort of raw excitement generated. Also Sam Phillips was a crazy genius!

I have a three CD set of raw garage rockabilly songs – just wild stuff that I like and never was released in its day.

I also have been listening to Howlin Wolf’s old Chess records sides - what a voice.

I like the music that came out of Stax, Motown, Chess, Sun and Atlantic.

I also like deep rural blues and the evocative nature of it.

You may ask: you’re an Australian, do you actually like any Australian music? I do, but tend to get off on the sort of music the Blues Brothers loved, as well as that San Francisco 60's sound. Velvet Underground and Lou Reed as well (Buffalo Springfield) etc. etc.

P.S. the best feel-good song of all time is ‘Slice of Heaven’ by Dave Dobbins. This is a song which went along with a movie of my favourite cartoon strip Footrot Flats.

#40813 - 07/25/10 07:26 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: ]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
Here lately I've been listening to a local radio station while driving to and from work that's pumping out some fantastic music and has gotten me completely hooked on Shinedown. I liked them before but this song just gets the blood pumpin' even after working all night! Even 6am can rock!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGt-8adyabk&playnext=1&videos=NBSSSbL6PiM&feature=artistob

Edit: I just discovered, if you let the link above just stay and don't click through more or close it out, it plays more of their songs. I love their version of Simple Man and Devour kicks ass too. I'm going shopping this morning at the local CD Exchange!!

Edited by Nyte (07/25/10 07:39 AM)

#41288 - 08/02/10 03:45 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
SODOMIZER Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: MawhrinSkel
Sometimes, though, I get the distinct impression I'm listening to someone who isn't in it for the music, but rather the fat paycheck or a sense of worth obtained through posturing and pandering to a sycophantic audience.

I really like the way you've worded this.

It explains why I avoid most popular music, including populist classical (Mendelssohn, anything Russian except Rimsky-Korsakov).

I'm mostly a classical listener, but I love classic metal (Maiden, Priest) and old school death metal and black metal.

Also I have a weakness for some ambient like Tangerine Dream, Biosphere, Troum, Autechre and Maeror Tri.

#41938 - 08/14/10 02:35 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Asmedious]
Satan's Mistress Offline
stranger

Loc: United States
Afew bands I like are..

Bring Me The Horizon.
Asking Alexandria.
Portishead.
Saltillo.
Rob Zombie.
Lords Of Acid.
The Rolling Stones.
Metallica.
Bullet For My Valentine.
Deftones.
White Chapel.
Korn.
Goatwhore.
Suicide Silence.
Lovage.
Billy Joel.
Queen.

And much more.

(They are not in any particular order.)

#41957 - 08/15/10 04:45 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Satan's Mistress]
Syn_Holliday Offline
stranger

Loc: West Covina, CA
Old punk from the 80's (BGK, Rudimentary Peni, Flux of Pink Indians, the Necros, MDC, the Screamers, Stalag 13, Ill Repute, GG Allin, etc.)

Disney bubblegum girl pop (Miley Cyrus, Hilary Duff, Aly & AJ, Clique Girlz, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Emily Osment, etc.)

Lounge, space age pop, exotica, jet set, bachelor pad music, cascading voices (Les Baxter, Sam Butera, Martin Denny, Juan Garcia Esquivel, Hugo & Luigi chorus, etc.)

Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Cab Calloway, Mantovani, Henry Mancini, Connie Francis.

Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players

...and Wesley Willis!

#41963 - 08/15/10 08:27 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Mardi Gras]
nephilim92 Offline
lurker

Loc: Arkansas
I listen to music all of the time so my list would be endless, but a few are:

My Dying Bride
Black Funeral
Ahab
Dimmu Borgir
Darkthrone
Altar of Plagues
Reclusiam
Darkside of Innocence
Gallhammer
Opeth
Wijlen Wij
Until Death Overtakes Me
Metallica
Slayer
Nightwish
Children of Bodom
Black Sabbath
Mushroomhead
Marilyn Manson
Otep
Cannibal Corpse
Gorgoroth
Evanescence
Fields of the Nephilim
All Shall Perish
Alice in Chains
Burzum
Corrupted
Nox Arcana
Rammstein
Momentum Mortis

There are a whole lot more but I've used enough room as it is. My taste is pretty varied but I usually stick to Doom Metal, Black Metal, or Death Metal.

#42387 - 08/24/10 11:56 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: nephilim92]
XBlackXScorpionX Offline
stranger

Loc: Arizona
I've decided to type a short list of musical genres because typing out a list of bands would be huge and annoying.

Ska
Black/Death Metal
Thrash
Grind Core
Classic Rock
Punk

That covers the major points of my musical tastes. Thank you.

#42388 - 08/25/10 12:08 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: XBlackXScorpionX]
OrgasmicKarmatic Offline

Loc: Michigan, USA
I must say that I have been stuck on industrial for a straight couple of years. I normally don't stray from it and actually took on a 6 hours bus ride to Chicago last year to see KMFDM and Angelspit. I would also have to lay claim to my love of almost all 90's alternative.

Page 3 of 13 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.