Page 7 of 13 « First<56789>Last »
Topic Options
#53633 - 04/29/11 02:37 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Lil Rag]
GregNotCraig Offline
stranger

Loc: Mesa, AZ, USA
My musical tastes run the gamut. I had formal guitar & music theory lessons when I was young, and my teacher always made it a point of knowing what music I was listening to. She would give me practice pieces that I at first might have thought, "this sucks!" but after a time, I would realize where "this band" or "that band" got it's inspiration.

Good music is good music, regardless of the genre.

So, in no particular order and in no all-inclusive:

Dick Clark (great guitarist and banjoist)
Mason Williams
Joe Bonamassa (met him in San Diego. was outside chatting and smoking with his basist waiting for the doors to open, but didn't know he was the basist until we met the band before the show)
KISS
Metallica (pre-Black album)
Megadeth (anything "Risk" and back. Saw them in concert 6 times, two of those in a 2 month period, and another months after)
Manowar (Eric Adams' voice is just absolutely amazing)
King Diamond/Mercyful Fate
Helloween
Judas Priest (after Rob revealed he was homosexual, certains songs took on a whole new meaning)
Avett Brothers
Louis XIV
Alan Parsons Project (I wore out "Tales of Mystery and Imagination")
Dave Matthews (saw him in concert
Bob Dylan
Anthrax
Michael Franti & Spearhead
Pearl Jam ( & Eddie Veder solo material)
Sound Garden
Amon Amarth
Iced Earth
Rammstein (anything in German sounds angry and agressive)
Tommy Emamanuel
Bloodhound Gang
The Eagles
T-Rex
The Ventures
Slayer
Iron Maiden
Joe Satriani
SRV
The Pixies
Helmet

the list goes on and on, but from what I listed above (hey, it could have been MUCH longer), you can bet that another band in the same genre is also on my list.

#54444 - 05/14/11 05:21 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: GregNotCraig]
Drakinola Offline
stranger

Loc: Perth, Perthshire, Scotland
I listen to a bit of everything, but largely (my music collection consists of over 300gb of music..) consits of metal. Bands such as:

Amon Amarth
Alice In Chains
Blind Guardian
Burzum
Children Of Bodom
Conception
Darkwater
Death
Ensiferum
Falconer
Fear Factory
Ghost
Hammerfall
Hypocrisy
Iced Earth
Jerry Cantrell
Kamelot
King Diamond
Lord
Mastodon
Megadeth
Mercyful Fate
Metallica
Ministry
My Dying Bride
Norther
Opeth
Orphaned Land
Primordial
Pyramaze
Raintime
Redemption
Russian Circles
Satyricon
Savatage
Solitude Aeturnus
Thorns
Type O Negative
Watain

Just to name a very few!

#56014 - 06/18/11 04:15 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Drakinola]
Stab Offline
stranger

As I am a black male most people think I love the oh so traditional hip hop. But im more into stuff like vicious alliance,psyclon nine,suicide commando,bazooka -i hate humans, crimson armada,suicide silence, I like allll metalcore for sure besides that gay shit like black veil.brides.

#56043 - 06/19/11 03:59 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Stab]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

I have a bit of a fetish at the moment for the music of Richard Wagner.

I am a bit fixated on Tristan and Isolde, and the Ring Opera's.

During my recent travels I visited Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany, which is the one Ludwig the Second built and dedicated to Wagner; and I enjoyed looking at the murals of the great German mythical stories Wagner used to populate his operas.

I like titanic music at the moment, the sort of music that makes the hair on your neck stand up and reveals a vision of greatness.

Those stories are great and Wagner was someone who was capable of giving those heroes, those giants, a music which compliments and unveils them.

I am also listening to 'West Side Soul' by Magic Sam, which makes me feel good.

#56716 - 07/11/11 07:56 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Asmedious]
LeftHandOvGod Offline
stranger

Some of my favorite artists are as follows: (non-alphabetized)

Slayer
Behemoth
Metallica
Megadeth
Slipknot
Dimmu Borgir
Five Finger Death Punch
Cannibal Corpse
Deicide
Goatwhore
Obituary
Sepultura
Job for a Cowboy
Children of Bodom
Alice In Chains
Pearl Jam
Trivium
Rob Zombie/White Zombie
Murderdolls
Ramones
Misfits (Danzig/Graves era)
Disturbed
Godsmack
Mayhem
Marduk
Foo Fighters
Coheed and Cambria
The Doors
The Beatles
Tom Petty
Aerosmith
Morbid Angel
Stone Sour
Death
Mercyful Fate
King Diamond
Motorhead

The list can go on and on, but you get the idea.

Edited by LeftHandOvGod (07/11/11 07:58 PM)
Edit Reason: Added bands

#56754 - 07/13/11 08:48 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: LeftHandOvGod]
Managor Offline

Anything from Tristania to Behemoth...listing follows;

Tool
Illdisposed
Whitechapel
Job for a Cowboy
Behemoth
Dimmu Borgir
Equilibrium
Carnifex
Necrophagist
Annotations of an Autopsy
Amon Amarth
Born of Osiris
Obscura
Meshuggah

And those are just off the top of my head.

Edited by Managor (07/13/11 08:49 AM)

#58557 - 08/24/11 12:30 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Asmedious]
AzazelsSon Offline
stranger

Loc: USA
Evil Pimp
Lord Infamous
Doctor P
Creep Lo
Three 6 Mafia
Benga
Brotha Lynch Hung
Gravediggaz
Lady Dead
Infamous 6
Hardiss
Canibus
Immortal Technique
Lil Wayne
Excision
Metallica

#58564 - 08/24/11 03:13 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: AzazelsSon]
dust-e sheytoon Offline

Loc: NYC
Contemporary Persian and Arabic Hip Hop:
Hichkas Soroush Lashkarry
Bahram Nouraei
Ali Quf
MC Stormtrap

Misc.:
1970's-1980's Pop music from Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan
Haitian Voodoo Pethro cult music

20th century American and British Folk, Pop, Rock and Blues:
Bob Dylan
Joni Mitchell
Dusty Springfield
Jimi Hendrix
Led Zepplin
Yardbyrds
Cream
Doors
Howlin Wolf
Robert Johnson
Pink Floyd
Emerson, Lake and Palmer
King Crimson
Traffic

20th century Experimental:
John Cage
Gyorgi Ligetti

Classical:
Wagner
Beethoven
Mozart

#58591 - 08/25/11 09:31 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: dust-e sheytoon]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
Here is a list of the shit I listen to...

Ac/Dc, Acheron, Aerosmith, Alanis Morissette, Alice in Chains, Anthrax, apc, Apoptygma Berzerk, Apotheosis, Arzt + Pfusch, Bad Company, Beborn Beton, Bella Morte, Better Than Ezra, Billy Idol, Billy Joel, Black Sabbath, Bon Jovi, Brian Adams, Bush, By fear I Fall, Carcass, Chicago, Children of Bodom, Covenant, Creed, Damn Yankees, Danzig, Dark Funeral, Dave Matthews Band, David Bowie, Dead Kennedys, Death, Deftones, Deicide, Delerium, Depeche Mode, Devourment, Dimmu Borgir, Dio, Don Henley, Drain sth, Dripping, Electric Hellfire Club, Flesh Field, Flotsam & Jetsam, Guns 'n Roses, Godsmack, Grim Reaper, Huey Lewis, Howling Syn, Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, Journey, Judas Priest, King Diamond, Kiss, Korn, Kult ov Azazel, Lacuna Coil, Leaether Strip, Led Zeppelin, Light House, Linkin Park, Live, Man O War, Marilyn Manson, Matchbox Twenty, Megadeth, Merciful Fate, Metal Church, Metallica, Ministry, Misfits, M.O.D., Motley Crue, Motorhead, Mudvayne, Nine Inch Nails, No Doubt, Ozzy, Pantera, Pearl Jam, Peter Gabriel, Possessed, Queensryche, Rammstein, Razed In Black, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rob Zombie, Rolling Stones, Sammy Hagar, Satyricon, Savatage, Sepultura, Seven Mary Three, Six Feet Under, Skid Row, Skinny Puppy, Skrewdriver, Skold, Slayer, Slipknot, Smashing Pumpkins, S.O.D., Soul Asylum, Sound Garden, Stabbing Westward, Staind, Stepphenwolf, Stray Cats, Sublime, Suicidal Tendencies, Sum 41, Swans, Switchblade Symphony, System Of A Down, Ted Nugent, Tesla, Testament, The Cranberries, The Cure, The Doors, The Eagles, The Police, The Ramones, Therion, Tom Petty, Tool, Type O Negative, U2, Van Halen, Velvet Acid Christ, Venom, Vital Remains, VNV Nation, Weezer, White Snake, and White Zombie.

This list doesn't include the pop, r&b, and country music my old lady listens to and is burnt into my skull... There might even be a few I have forgotten.

#59081 - 09/13/11 03:57 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Wicked Satanist]
ThresholdHouse Offline
lurker

Loc: WI
So far this week it's been,

Aerosmith
Faith No More
Jane's Addiction
Pantera

But usually,

Coil
The Cure
Front 242
KMFDM
Ministry
Nine Inch Nails

and any others that strike me at the time.

#59124 - 09/14/11 02:35 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: ThresholdHouse]
Mordred Offline
stranger

Pretty much all of the metal and rock bands I'm into have already been listed, so I'll stick to classical.

Quite a few people have mentioned that they like classical, and some have listed excellent composers, but I haven't seen anyone list any actual works. Since the general inclination here seems to be towards metal, I'll list some of my favorite, darker works.

Also, being a string player, the vast majority of my preferences are for string pieces, so if you can't stand the violin and it's relatives, go ahead and ignore this.

First, my all time favorite is Prokofiev's cello sonata, op.119 in C. Barbara Switalska has an excellent performance of it on youtube, though my favorite is still Yo-yo Ma's interpretation.

Also worth listening to;
Shostakovich - Violin concerto op.99
Dvorak - Cello Concerto in b minor op.104
Bruch - Romanze for Viola and orchestra in F
Mendelssohn - Hebrides Overture op.26
Beethoven - Egmont Overture op.84
Tchaikovsky - Slavischer Marsch
Vivaldi - "Summer" From the Four Seasons, op.8
Bach - Suite for unaccompanied cello no.3, bwv1009 - Prelude
Mozart - Symphony no.35 "Haffner"
Chopin - Prelude op28 no. 15 "Raindrop"
Whitacre - Cloudburst
Barber - Overture to "The School for Scandal"

Enjoy!

#59127 - 09/15/11 01:28 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Mordred]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)
Here is 4 of my favorites, every one of them is a bit from different music style and genre.

My absolute favorite is Norwegian black metal band 'Gorgoroth'. Band is from Bergen, the second largest city in Norway. The band’s first studio album was 'Pentagram' released in 1994, but I'm a bit addicted to their two last studio albums: 'Ad Majorem Sathanas Gloriam' (2006) and 'Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt' (2009). My favorite song is 'Satan-Prometheus'. I'm so impatient to hear and maybe even be in the concert of Gorgoroth new work 'Under the Sign of Hell 2011'.

Second place is for 'Therion'. They were last autumn in Latvia and played in my favorite music club - melnā piektdiena. (http://www.melnapiektdiena.lv/) The club is easy to be found, when you are in Riga, it is located near the main street of the capital… I was on ‘Therion’ concert with my best friends. Therion is amazing Swedish Swedish symphonic metal band already from 1987 and is located in Upplands Väsby. My favorite song is ‘Harlequin’ from my favorite disc ‘Sintra Ahra ‘.

Third is ‘Dimmu Borgir’… Even my signature here in ‘the 600 club’ is derived from my band’s favorite studio album ‘In Sorte Diaboli’… I’ve all studio discs and I’ve all songs even in my mobile… I was in May with 2 my friends in Oslo Spectrum (in Norway) to ‘Dimmu Borgir’ concert, where they gave concert together with Oslo symphonic orchestra and . It was brilliant!

… And of course ‘Marilyn Manson’! Maybe he and plays a bit different music, but I’ve all studios albums and even singles from Marilyn Manson. I enjoyed his great talent many years. I started to listen to him, when I was teenager and sometimes I remember my addiction to his lyrics.

Of course I listen and enjoy other music as well…

#60450 - 10/26/11 03:19 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Latvian]
halfchaos Offline
temp ban
pledge

Loc: ^NY
When I am sleeping I listen to classical music like Brahm and Tchaikovsky, when I am awake I am listening to whatever else ... modern rock, classic rock, hip hop, I listen to pretty much everything.
#60457 - 10/26/11 10:02 AM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: halfchaos]
Vinter Offline
stranger

I'm mostly into black metal, but I do enjoy some classical music and other types of music as well. It all depends on the mood.
#61987 - 11/28/11 10:49 PM Re: what kind of music are you into ? [Re: Vinter]
capcap Offline
stranger

Loc: Australia
It's hard to write it all down, but a bit of fun trying, so here goes.

I have a varied listening range, anything form Bjork, to Immortal, but my passion is for rhythm and blues, rock n roll, rockabilly, blues, doo wop, gospel, traditional jazz, hillbilly, big band, New Orleans jazz, basically anything rockin'! Love boogie woogie and real rock n roll.

Notable mentions:

Ray Charles,
Emperor,
Less than jake
the dominoes
amos milburn
Mahalia Jackson
Johnny Guitar Watson
Big J McNeely
Jackie Wilson
Hank Williams
The Robins
Johnny Horton
Little Richard
Johnny Otis
Johhny Burnette

Basically all the sun records artists.

and so on...

Does any one here get in to any of this type of stuff?

Edited by capcap (11/28/11 10:50 PM)

Page 7 of 13 « First<56789>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.