Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#38126 - 04/27/10 04:18 AM Re: Who is this man? [Re: Severed Soul]
Meq Offline
Banned

Update: Viacom International (who own Comedy Central) has rejected my original YouTube video's claim to fair use of copyrighted material (on informative/transformative grounds), hence it has been pulled.
Not wanting to fuck with Viacom, I completely deleted it.

Either they are being excessively ruthless in removing videos knowing that few would take them to court over fair use, or in this instance they didn't like the implied criticism of Comedy Central.

Meanwhile Bart Simpson has voiced his support for the South Park crew:

#38127 - 04/27/10 04:36 AM Re: Who is this man? [Re: Meq]
Meq Offline
Banned

In case you missed the original video (the embedded version above may still work for a while), you can still see the part which has been censored in the video below, from around 2:35 to 3:25 :

#38131 - 04/27/10 07:57 AM Re: Who is this man? [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
"Hence, the strong will win, and they'll assert a new world order. I suggest everyone take a moment to think about how such a battle will be won, and how we make sure that the winning side will be the one we're on."

Due to political correctness in this country, coupled with a sense of fear, we have already lost. We caved in, and censored free speech.

Now its just a matter of time, unless this censorship fuels a plan to rebellious anti-pc action. That action itself is doubtful since the "elected" officials really don't give a shit.

Morgan

#38134 - 04/27/10 10:41 AM Re: Who is this man? [Re: Severed Soul]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
Honestly, giving in to terrorist threats is like giving a bratty little kid the bag of candy he screamed for. It's the exact opposite of what one should do! By rewarding that kind of behavior, one just reinforces the idea that this is the way to get what one wants.

#38139 - 04/27/10 02:45 PM Re: Who is this man? [Re: Morgan]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Morgan
Now its just a matter of time, unless this censorship fuels a plan to rebellious anti-pc action.

Way ahead of you \:D

Yeah, it is not the best, but I threw it together in 30 minutes.

#38142 - 04/27/10 10:31 PM Re: Who is this man? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Wicked Satanist
Fuck Censorship and everyone who supports it should be shot.

In some weird way freedom of speech is freedom to censor what speech is being held on your network. As much as I hate censorship Comedy Central did have the right to hold back anything they thought would cause their company harm. Having opened my own business has opened my eyes to a few things differently. For example I give my artists Internet access through a wifi point to their own personal laptop. Ultimately it is me who is responsible for anything that is downloaded or uploaded on my Internet access point. It is therefore in my right to censor and/or limit a persons Internet access as I see fit.

I must ask should I now be shot? When does self preservation start to look like you're just scared?

Originally Posted By: Meq
Update: Viacom International (who own Comedy Central) has rejected my original YouTube video's claim to fair use of copyrighted material (on informative/transformative grounds), hence it has been pulled.
Not wanting to fuck with Viacom, I completely deleted it.

That’s why they win… You don’t have the money to file a counterclaim to their DMCA this is what they count on. Filing a false DMCA to take down a video is illegal in itself yet because they are a big corporation they are allowed to continue in this fashion.

This man is about four videos into exposing the bullshit Viacom has been up to over the last month or so. This last video shows how it is ok for them to infringe on our works but not the other way around.

Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
Way ahead of you \:D

Wow, kill all Satanists because one radical believes and practices ritual sacrifice. Sorry I cannot stand behind any such blanket statements.

Viacom has much bigger issues that need attention yet because something was censored all focus is now on these small potatoes. Smells like misdirection to me.

Sorry but I see nothing here that is surprising, intelligent or very original at all.

Carry on…

~T~

#38146 - 04/28/10 12:41 AM Re: Who is this man? [Re: ta2zz]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Please do not put words in my mouth; nowhere did I say anything about killing anybody, let alone anything about killing everybody.

The point of that video was not meant to be surprising, intelligent or even original. No, it was meant to be offensive, and in that, I think I succeeded. Other people whom I have shown it to thought it was fucking hilarious - which was another one of my intentions.

#38148 - 04/28/10 12:51 AM Re: Who is this man? [Re: ta2zz]
Meq Offline
Banned

As far as I am aware Viacom is still in the middle of a major lawsuit with Google (who own YouTube). Thus uploading ANY material owned by Viacom on YouTube (even what would legally be classed as 'fair use') is not recommended - at least use a different video sharing site. My video got over 1000 views before being pulled though, so it wasn't all in vain ;\)

I have seen other videos removed by Viacom (or apparently by them) far less justifiably, which don't infringe copyright at all. Yet other users have downloaded and re-uploaded them, both on YouTube and elsewhere, which at least provides a counter to the heavy-handedness.

The best strategy to avoid a video being pulled completely may well be to upload it to as many different sites as possible, and to encourage others to download and re-upload it as necessary...

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 21 queries. Zlib compression disabled.