Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#38225 - 05/03/10 09:27 AM Anyone know a thing or two about Cats?
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
Greetings!

I feel I should start this post of by saying I AM NOT a Cat Lover but I have grown fond of the two I have. I prefer reptiles and would enjoy feeding either cat to my Boa who is easily large enough to consume them both.

I have 2 cats, Bella who is 3, and Luna who is 2. We have lived in our current house for 2 1/2 years so this is the only place Luna has ever known. The two cats are both Female and at times they fight like boys but always end up just chasing eachother and running throughout the house.

Recently, the past couple weeks, Luna wants to piss on everything. She has pissed in the Master Bathroom, my Jeans that I had laid on the floor and recently our bed twice.

My significant other wont let me choke the life out of her, something about can't teach it and learning and other incoherent bullshit she was mummbling while I was seeing red and could taste the blood. But it is still alive.

My confusion is this... We have had them for 2 years and have not deviated from our normal routing at all. "that I can tell" NOTHING has changed and I have no clue as to why the fucking dumb animal would suddenly piss in my bed and endanger it's life. So, does anyone have any ideas?

Scrubbing the Mattress and Washing the comforter every other day isn't fun, and I guarentee it won't happen too many more times. She does go to work and ... I'll leave your imagination to itself...

Thanks

#38226 - 05/03/10 09:50 AM Re: Anyone know a thing or two about Cats? [Re: Wicked Satanist]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
I have cats, and believe me, I understand about strangling them.

If they aren't fixed, you need to get them fixed ASAP.
They are doing it for attention, spite, marking territory, or because their litter box isn't clean enough.

One other reason might be a medical condition where its like kidney stones, they get blocked from peeing, then just pee when/where ever they can to relieve the pressure/pain.

You might even want to look into getting 2 different litter boxes. I know this works for a friend of mine.

Hope this helps,
Morgan

#38227 - 05/03/10 10:10 AM Re: Anyone know a thing or two about Cats? [Re: Morgan]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
I'm a cat expert and Morgan is right. \:\) Have Luna checked by the vet if she seems to be crouching and fidgeting. If all is well medically, it may be that Bella is dominating her to the extent she feels the need to mark her territory like a tom cat. The piss on your stuff is to make you notice her and "understand".

#38229 - 05/03/10 02:41 PM Re: Anyone know a thing or two about Cats? [Re: felixgarnet]
Jake999 Offline

My first thought was kidney stones or possibly a urinary tract infection, because, if it hurts for them to urinate, they will stay away from the kitty litter as they associate it with pain and gravitate towards the places/things that make them feel comfortable or that they associate with protection, hence the bed and a pair of jeans, which they would associate with the owners.

If your cat is BIG, it could also be diabetes as well, but the signs there are more than just urination and fidgeting.

#38232 - 05/03/10 03:32 PM Re: Anyone know a thing or two about Cats? [Re: Jake999]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
I'm with Morgan, if they aren't fixed, get it done. Regardless of the fact that they are both female, there has to be a chain of command and if there are none of the medical issues mentioned, it seems that the younger one is trying to be the top cat.

You should feel honored hehheh, she's telling the other cat to stay the fuck away from her human.

You can have the vet check them over thoroughly while the spay is in progress and save yourself a few bucks.

#38260 - 05/03/10 10:04 PM Re: Anyone know a thing or two about Cats? [Re: ceruleansteel]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
Thanks for the replies... I'm going to go pick up a 2nd liter box and try and keep em happy that way, and have Luna checked out... never know what a vet might find.

#38265 - 05/03/10 11:12 PM Re: Anyone know a thing or two about Cats? [Re: Wicked Satanist]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I think it's a matter of the cat trying to get your attention.

We had the same problem with our cat. Kept on jumping up on this antique leather chair my dad inherited from my grandfather and started pissing all over it. (He kept on saying he wanted to sell our cat to a Chinese market) We never knew what was the problem until we got him checked out-- turned out to be a bladder infection.

Edited by The Zebu (05/03/10 11:12 PM)

#38268 - 05/04/10 01:36 AM Re: Anyone know a thing or two about Cats? [Re: The Zebu]
TV is God Moderator Offline

Loc: The Cornhole
I would absolutely get them fixed. I had a cat with this very problem and the vet told me it could be all the reasons everyone mentioned. When he went to fix her they found a huge cyst growing on her ovary that definitely would have given her a very slow painful death.
#38281 - 05/04/10 12:49 PM Re: Anyone know a thing or two about Cats? [Re: Wicked Satanist]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

You might have done something to piss it off which caused your stuff to get pissed on. Cats can be spiteful little bastards like that. My cat used to piss on my stuff if I disappeared for a few days or came home smelling like another cat. She has seem to have gotten over it with old age though.

#38576 - 05/15/10 01:35 PM Re: Anyone know a thing or two about Cats? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Adversary Offline
pledge

I used to be a vet tech assistant at a cat rescue shelter.

Has ANYTHING changed in her environment at all? If they feel they are not getting the attention they used to, or if something new is in the house, they will do that to either express their opposition or toi change the smell. Does she meow a lot when she pees? If so she peobably has a UTI (urinary tract infection).

#38961 - 05/31/10 11:39 PM Re: Anyone know a thing or two about Cats? [Re: Adversary]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
Jack and Captain were the names given to childhood pets (cats) that I had. Boy, it has been a while since I thought of them, and they are both deceased many years, now. They weren't indoor cats, but rather of the outbound, roaming free type. (They were both neutered and spaded!) I allowed it, and promulgated it by letting them go outside by opening the door in the morning to which I wouldn't see them from maybe hours to long streches of days. What amazed me was that no matter how long they spent outside, they both never forgot where their home was. Funny, I sometimes forget something just as important (like keys to my home), and never successfully find them!! As far as I see it, cats are intelligent, feline creatures.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.