Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#38740 - 05/22/10 07:42 PM Re: Anton's Personal Card [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Adversary Offline
pledge

To Jake and Aquino, I am sure you have heard Valentines feelings toward topics like this. I am just curious what you think of his views regarding things like this.

Not intended as a derail.

Edited by Adversary (05/22/10 07:44 PM)

#38741 - 05/22/10 08:27 PM Re: Anton's Personal Card [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Jake999 Offline

LOL! I had forgotten all about his black trapezoidal card!

Believe it or not, we also had those as a prototype, later on, in red, but with the standard Church of Satan verbiage. The problem is, they were toooooooo friggin' big to fit in any wallet known to man. One night we were sitting in the kitchen talking about ideas that sounded good but didn't translate into reality and LaVey brought out a stack of them. We passed them around and he said that he had never even signed one, and didn't know if the signature would look good in silver or black... so he did one with my name first in silver and then traced over it in black. It just didn't work.

He gave it to me and I'm pretty sure he disposed of the rest. I subsequently gave my card to Xear (owner of The 600 Club) as a memento,

#38742 - 05/22/10 08:30 PM Re: Anton's Personal Card [Re: Adversary]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Adversary
To Jake and Aquino, I am sure you have heard Valentines feelings toward topics like this. I am just curious what you think of his views regarding things like this.

Just Anton LaVey when the humor hit him. This is far from the most bizarre and funny thing I'd seen from him. He had a way of not taking himself that seriously.

#39131 - 06/06/10 10:41 PM Re: Anton's Personal Card [Re: Jake999]
paolo sette Offline

Loc: IL, USA
Both the Temple of Set and Church of Satan are presumably financially unimpaired, well-known, "left-handed" religious institutions. Functioning as illumed havens for practioners of the Dark Arts/Black Magic, there are obvious fine discrepancies between the two. Some of the information is made accessible to the public through varied fascicles, and other facts or data is not. These concerns pertain to an administrative staff which laborously works day-in and day-out at providing solace to it's members world-wide, and logically try to finalize issues. While I am aware that there are cohorts that operate like a phalanx and that work against vitiating there respective organizations, personally---I'm not preoccupied with tuning-up the engine for reasons I can extrapolate on, but don't want to. Just do not become prosaic and banal places of thought and action!!! I'm almost certain there are safeguards in place to not alow that to happen. The Black Magic that emanates from both greatly impacts on my sense of self! ( ;\) to others as well.)

#39593 - 06/27/10 02:06 PM Re: Anton's Personal Card [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
NeoZombie Offline
pledge

Loc: Minnesota, USA
In this day and age these ingrates want something for free. They grow up being taught that the love of christ is free and love everyone so much he let himself die. I have no problem paying for my membership with CoS. Would be more than honored to sacrifice a few bones to give to the fellowship of Dark Doctrine. I agree with any charges for membership. If you need a relative comparison it's cheaper than tithe. Plus it helps keep the idiots outside the doors.

Edited by NeoZombie (06/27/10 02:10 PM)
Edit Reason: wrong place

#39596 - 06/27/10 02:38 PM Re: Anton's Personal Card [Re: NeoZombie]
Zophos Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
 Quote:
Would be more than honored to sacrifice a few bones to give to the fellowship of Dark Doctrine.

Cui bono?

Quote:
If you need a relative comparison it's cheaper than tithe.

And?

Quote:
Plus it helps keep the idiots outside the doors.

Virtually anyone can pay the $200 amount and become a member. How is that an example of stratification?

Z.

#39613 - 06/28/10 12:48 AM Re: Anton's Personal Card [Re: NeoZombie]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I would actually say that the fee allows the random knuckleheads to get their "red card" of instant gratification, while keeping them at an arm's distance. The process of actually becoming a contributing member is undoubtedly a bit more complex.

#39616 - 06/28/10 02:30 AM Re: Anton's Personal Card [Re: The Zebu]
Zophos Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
While true, that begs the question of why the Church of Satan would want to let them in at all. Whether the Church's administration interacts with such members or not, diluting the membership quality of an organization by opening its gates for everyone who can cogently fill out a loopy application is senseless. It is easy to conclude that the Church is simply fleecing the gullible, and perhaps it is, but by granting them membership and thus associating with them officially (something they don't allow members to do with Setians, non-LaVeyan Satanists, or even the 600 Club unofficially), they are only projecting a demeanor of incompetence, flaccidity, and superficial extortion. Is this not, de facto if not de jure, the same tune played by the Right-Hand Path?

The Church of Satan may be an entity of individual accomplishment, but what thinking person would pay to join an organization that allows the unrestricted influx of nitwits? I ask again, cui bono? Their own policies and practices make abundantly clear that reputation matters to them, as it should—why then the contradiction?

Z.

#39622 - 06/28/10 07:20 AM Re: Anton's Personal Card [Re: The Zebu]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

I am not a member of The Church of Satan, but I can understand why some people would want to become members.

Many people who join the CoS want to join to show their support for the organisation which Dr.LaVey founded and ran and which to a certain extent represents the Satanic philosophy which they hold dear.

Many of these people realise that an organisation like the CoS requires money in order to keep going. Every organisation is going to have costs which it must meet and one way of showing support for the CoS is in providing financial support.

From what I can see the CoS doesn't solicit or demand that people join, in fact they are quite happy to tell someone to go get lost.

The key to being a member of The Church of Satan, I think, is to make it worthwhile by getting stuck in and doing something.

Having said that though many members may just want to show support for LaVey's organisation and not have anything further to do with it. I personally don't see anything wrong with that.

I personally have nothing against the Church of Satan or any other Satanic organisation.

#39623 - 06/28/10 07:28 AM Re: Anton's Personal Card [Re: ]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

Oops I just wanted to add: the CoS questionaire for active membership is a little bit more sophisticated than some may think.

A careful study of The Compleat Witch and how it relates to the application questions would be a good idea.

Registered membership may be relatively easy to attain, but active membership is a touch more difficult.

#39630 - 06/28/10 02:10 PM Re: Anton's Personal Card [Re: Zophos]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I think it probably has something to do with the fact that the $200 fee is non-refundable. Sure, anyone can fill out the application and send in the money but anyone can also have their application rejected for any reason and will never see the money again. CoS, in my mind, is first and foremost a business, that being the case it is easy to see that profit is their goal.

Me, I can think of a million other things I would rather spend $200 on. Things that are more important to me than a red card or certain associations ever could be.

#67395 - 06/18/12 11:06 AM Re: Anton's Personal Card [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
cobiacus666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Michigan
Why should you pay to be a member of a church?
in that regard its no better than ''christianty''(this is just my opinion)
i dont really affiliate with any religon tho i am wiccan

#67404 - 06/18/12 05:58 PM Re: Anton's Personal Card [Re: cobiacus666]
REDRUM666 Offline
banned
stranger

Loc: Beltrami County, USA
I am a member of the mormon church. Not because I think that crap it true but I really think Joesph Smith was an un-realized Satanist. Ad if you want to get technical "holy commune" is really a form of Vampirism. So is helping the sick and downtrodden over come the strong by taking your's and my Tax-Dollars to level the playing field is also Vampirism. However I am always aware while in church that my soul is "un-saved" and that those old ladies in church are really... I go to church so that i can get someone to argue with me about where I'm standing in the Universe.

REDRUM.

PS Wicca is now a bona-fide religion that must be honored in the military, where as Satanism is not allowed in any U.S. prison by federal law(;

#67412 - 06/18/12 11:12 PM Re: Anton's Personal Card [Re: REDRUM666]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
"PS Wicca is now a bona-fide religion that must be honored in the military, where as Satanism is not allowed in any U.S. prison by federal law(;"

Really, are you quite sure about that?
Maybe you should do a bit more research.

So, lets see, to sum you up: You are a wiccian wanna-be-vampire playing house at a mormon church, who plays with knives, and is trying to fit your beliefs in here without having a fucking clue about Satanism and what it means. While getting over your fathers untimely death and trying to sue your mom for money she doesn't want you to have because she thinks you are a devil worshipper.

Did I leave anything out?
I hate fucking kindergarten drama.

Morgan

#67446 - 06/19/12 09:03 PM Re: Anton's Personal Card [Re: Morgan]
Oxus Online

Originally Posted By: Morgan
"PS Wicca is now a bona-fide religion that must be honored in the military, where as Satanism is not allowed in any U.S. prison by federal law(;"

Really, are you quite sure about that?
Maybe you should do a bit more research.

So, lets see, to sum you up: You are a wiccian wanna-be-vampire playing house at a mormon church, who plays with knives, and is trying to fit your beliefs in here without having a fucking clue about Satanism and what it means. While getting over your fathers untimely death and trying to sue your mom for money she doesn't want you to have because she thinks you are a devil worshipper.

Did I leave anything out?
I hate fucking kindergarten drama.

Morgan
Hi Morgan,
Would you know exactly which LHP systems are considered "legal" religions in at least the USA? Not that it matters, but it would be interesting.

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.