Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#70803 - 09/12/12 11:27 AM Re: For those who say anyone can get into the CoS [Re: Ignotum]
Erich Zann Offline

Loc: Germany
Ah, the "my source is so damn secret that I can't tell you but it is the best!" - haven't seen that in a while. Sorry, but arguments like that normally are obvious signs of trolls or braggers who have absolutely nothing to offer. If you claim something, be ready to prove it. If you can't/don't want to prove it, don't claim it.

Or is your source the ToV membership you mentioned in another thread? If it is, well, being in the ToV doesn't mean that you know how CoS deals with their members. And on a side note it doesn't even mean that you know how the ToV is run - as far as I remember, everyone who buys their overpriced leaflet will be made a member.

-Bart Simpson

#70804 - 09/12/12 11:28 AM Re: For those who say anyone can get into the CoS [Re: Erich Zann]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
 Originally Posted By: Erich Zann
 Originally Posted By: Ignotum
 Quote:
If you disagree with just about anything on the CoS website, you get kicked from the club and your little red card means even less.

That is not true.

And your source for that knowledge is which one? I mean, lots of people correspondingly experienced what Morgan said, so how do you know that this is not true?

Read this and this to get it from the horse's mouth.

An important quote:
 Originally Posted By: COS website
A word to the wise: since Satanism is a philosophy which holds individualism as one of its main values, we don’t expect all of our members to agree on everything, or even to “get along” with each other. Thus, you are cautioned that you might find some differences of opinion in these discussions. Satanism, by definition, is a philosophy in which you won’t find “group hugs” as part of the repertoire. Also, since only a very small percentage of our members choose to interact with people online, it would be an error to think that your online experience is necessarily a reflection upon what your personal experience as an affiliated member of the Church of Satan might be. That is an Is-To-Be that is in the hands of each individual who chooses to join. The Red Card of membership is just a key—it is up to you to open the door and earn the attention of those already in the organization through the superiority of your thinking and the quality of your real world accomplishments.

Additionally, if you consider yourself a Satanist but you have not affiliated with the Church of Satan, do not expect us to promote your wares or spend time in any extended exchanges with you. Quid pro quo is the Satanic principle of exchange.

But yes, if you act in ways that are contrary to CoS philosophy, you will be disaffiliated. This is actually good business, though, when you really think about it.

JK (who will never be a red-carder)

#70805 - 09/12/12 11:30 AM Re: For those who say anyone can get into the CoS [Re: Erich Zann]
Le Deluge Offline

@Erich: I reviewed the limited ToV text I have available. He may want to reread it. I had planned to let the topic die. It was mostly about the organizational relationship. He is treading down the troll's path. The actual material is a bit different than what he is reporting.

#70806 - 09/12/12 11:34 AM Re: For those who say anyone can get into the CoS [Re: Jason King]
Erich Zann Offline

Loc: Germany
 Originally Posted By: Jason King
 Originally Posted By: Ignotum
 Quote:
If you disagree with just about anything on the CoS website, you get kicked from the club and your little red card means even less.

That is not true.

And your source for that knowledge is which one? I mean, lots of people correspondingly experienced what Morgan said, so how do you know that this is not true?

Read this and this to get it from the horse's mouth.

I'm well aware of what the CoS says on its website. But it's a difference if you kick members out because of them acting inconsistent with the rules the Church applies or if you do that because, what a few people reported, they are spotted on this board for example.

Edited by Erich Zann (09/12/12 11:34 AM)

-Bart Simpson

#70807 - 09/12/12 11:36 AM Re: For those who say anyone can get into the CoS [Re: Jason King]
Le Deluge Offline

@JK: I don't object to their organizing principles either. I do hope some of these younger posters read them. I have a copy of the current admin's book. It is in storage (with most of my remaining books), but I will make it very obvious to the neophyte what is actually meant by it (My good deed for the week I suppose \:\)

#70808 - 09/12/12 11:42 AM Re: For those who say anyone can get into the CoS [Re: Erich Zann]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
I'm well aware of what the CoS says on its website. But it's a difference if you kick members out because of them acting inconsistent with the rules the Church applies or if you do that because, what a few people reported, they are spotted on this board for example.

I seriously doubt anyone was booted from the CoS simply for being a member of the 600 Club. In fact, I think that would be a tall order to prove, although you have a chance. Whenever anyone is disaffiliated, they receive a letter of notification. And here we are in open exchange, and ANYONE can come forward with such documentation and shut me up quick, fast, and in a hurry.

Until such time, however, I'll consider this little more than anecdotal garbage.

JK

#70837 - 09/13/12 04:51 PM Re: For those who say anyone can get into the CoS [Re: Jason King]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

There was (is?) serious animosity between the Club and Lttd which had its high more than a decade ago. Their members better did not join here unless prepared to suffer eventual consequences.

If that went as far as the CoS itself is unknown to me but Xear's friendship with Karla surely puts the Club in the opposing camp.

D.

#70838 - 09/13/12 07:04 PM Re: For those who say anyone can get into the CoS [Re: Diavolo]
Le Deluge Offline

Sounds like personal enmity. Who cares about websites? The kids coming here should just contact them then.

#70971 - 09/17/12 10:06 PM Re: For those who say anyone can get into the CoS [Re: Le Deluge]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
I'll never be a red carder either though I do visit LTTD on a rare occasion and have met a few people there that I maintain contact with.

As soon as I found this place though I pretty much abandoned all activity there. There are some bright minds there but they seem steeped in the lore of the 'church' and in their reverence for ASL.

#71618 - 10/08/12 01:09 AM Re: For those who say anyone can get into the CoS [Re: Fnord]
aerial_dc Offline
pledge

MatthewJ1, I agree.
I don't think the CoS does a bad job of representing the ideas of Anton LaVey. On the website, interviews and writings they are representing the ideas while making a little money to support the work they're doing. I wouldn't pay $200 dollars for a card but I WOULD pay $200 to support Satanism being represented in mainstream media for an ongoing period of time. I don't see anyone presenting Lavey's ideas to the masses more than I see Peter Gilmore doing it. The only way to be seen on this massive scale is to have the money and organization skills to make it happen. How many people have a card anyway? I doubt they've become billionaires by selling them.

Not that the FSC or other Satanic organizations don't deserve support. I'm not saying bigger is better either. Satanists don't need to join anything to be Satanists. I've always seen The card as an obvious donation option. I suppose also a way to get money out of clueless idiots seeking status. For someone who want involvement, I'm assuming $200 dollars is nothing compared to the hard work ahead of him/her.

#71637 - 10/08/12 10:54 AM Re: For those who say anyone can get into the CoS [Re: aerial_dc]
Le Deluge Offline

I never quite understood the hyper-concentration on the $200. It is a trivial sum. I'd look more to whether the organization resonates with you in its current format. Reading Gilmore's Satanic Scriptures may be helpful in this regard. He lays out it out fairly succinctly.

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.013 seconds were spent on 25 queries. Zlib compression disabled.