Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#52389 - 04/07/11 03:07 PM Re: Temple of Set [Re: Diavolo]
Shea Offline

Loc: Chicago
Assuming you're in the States, have you ever heard of the Falconist Party or the American Fascist Party? What opinions do you have of them?

I suppose your acceptance of an inner kind of freedom works. I just don't have the energy to even fake the kind of spirited nationalism that most fascist parties require. Additionally, the idea of conscription and assigned professions is a disagreeable aspect of fascism for me (as has occurred historically).

Fascist parties also tend to be heavily tied into RHP religions (again, at least historically speaking).

Republicanism, where only a specific class of people are allowed to vote or have any governmental influence seems preferable to me: I think society as a whole would be a lot better off if someone had to display a basic understanding of civics and the functions of government before they would be allowed to vote.

#52390 - 04/07/11 03:21 PM Re: Temple of Set [Re: Shea]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I'm Eurotrash so I'm not too familiar with US Fascist parties and to be honest, most parties present the sort of fascism I don't feel that inclined to.

I'm not talking about an "inner" kind of freedom, I'm talking about the ability to do what you want to do. Most people equate freedom with being able to do whatever they desire sans the cost attached. I think that is utopian and there is, nor will there ever be, a system providing such.

Systems never provide freedom, they merely define costs. Thus everything comes at a cost and one's degree of freedom depends solely upon one's willingness to pay these costs.

D.

#52392 - 04/07/11 03:43 PM Re: Temple of Set [Re: Diavolo]
Shea Offline

Originally Posted By: Diavolo

Systems never provide freedom, they merely define costs. Thus everything comes at a cost and one's degree of freedom depends solely upon one's willingness to pay these costs.

I like that; it's provocative and witty.

The search for Utopia (aka "Nowhere") is a Quixotic goal of man, I suppose. United States fascism is a joke, to be honest. The closest thing we have to a fascist party with a true platform, and the cadre necessary to seize power is the National Alliance--a white supremacist group. They were at least more cohesive than the pamphlet distributing wannabes that I'd encountered elsewhere.

Matter of fact ; their founder, William Pierce was collaborating with a German right-wing party of some sort before his death. He was a holocaust denier (whatever your opinions on that are), and he also wrote the book that the media blamed for the Oklahoma City bombings: "The Turner Diaries."

I've been meaning to learn more about the European political environment....there's just not enough hours in the day, is there?

#52393 - 04/07/11 03:57 PM Re: Temple of Set [Re: Shea]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Most people have many strange assumptions about Systems and always talk about how they provide this and that, like freedom, protection or rights, but basically any system is nothing but a parasite feeding upon a large quantity of people and instead of providing them anything, in reality it only makes them pay. This forced contribution is the very blood needed to sustain the parasite.

Democracy is considered a great political improvement by many but it is only seen as such because it markets itself quite well and convinces them to deliver that which they already had to begin with. As such, they smilingly pay for that illusion.

I don't see fascism as any different even when I advocate it.

D.

#52397 - 04/07/11 05:26 PM Re: Temple of Set [Re: Diavolo]
Shea Offline

I can definitely dig that idea. Some of the more misanthropic social contract theorists have similar ideas.

I've got to ask though, why would fascism be preferable to you? From the impression that I get, concerning your notions of government, wouldn't anarchism be more in-line with individualistic (and thus perhaps more genuine) expressions of the Will to Power?

#52436 - 04/07/11 11:46 PM Re: Temple of Set [Re: Shea]
Hegesias Offline

How's the ARA doing in Chicago? Last I heard, they like to use young ladies as pawns pressurising them with threats to dish out info on dangerous skinheads they "assume" they know all about, without any evidence at all. One of the girls was Slavic and had her grandparents in the concentration camps so she definitely wasn't a Nazi.

I don't care what special progressive movement people think they are part of, or who is racist or who is anti-racist (whatever the fuck that means) any group of men working to appear as "good people" in societies eyes whilst using frightened young girls and putting them in real danger is dishonourable and ignominious.

I let enemies define themselves by their very deeds no matter what race, religion or creed. Let them be defined by acts of ignobleness and cowardice, and let ignominy mark them as shit.

#52437 - 04/08/11 12:19 AM Re: Temple of Set [Re: Morgan]
SinisterMoon Offline

Loc: Florida
 Originally Posted By: Morgan
Comparing the ONA and the TOS, are like comparing apples and oranges. Yes, they are both fruit, but once you taste them, you see the differences.

Yes, exactly and well said - we can debate all we want in an intellectual or pseudo-intellectual way about similarities and differences, but in the end it comes down to experiencing them.

Once you've taken a bite from the *forbidden ONA fruit* you know it's different.

#52438 - 04/08/11 12:21 AM Re: Temple of Set [Re: spinosaurus01]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
If as seems apparent this thread is morphing into a "Nazi"-discussion one, I would appreciate this thread being closed/locked and the "Nazi" discussion being continued, if desired, in a thread by that name over in "Politics" or "Philosophy". The Temple of Se is neither original- nor neo-Nazi, and I would rather not have that impression perpetuated, thanks.

#52439 - 04/08/11 12:25 AM Re: Temple of Set [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
SinisterMoon Offline

Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino
As for "Nazism", I gather that Myatt was/is an advocate of its political system.

That's certainly true - Myatt was a neo-nazi agitator for around 30 years and did jail time for violence in connection with those activities.

As to whether he still 'is' an advocate of that system, I don't know.

#52440 - 04/08/11 12:29 AM Re: Temple of Set [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
MatthewJ1
Unregistered

Yes, I agree with you Dr. Aquino.

Please set up a Nazi/fascist thread elsewhere and either lock this thread or return to discussions about the Temple.

I want to discuss the greatness of the Monolith, not the Nazi's

#52441 - 04/08/11 12:30 AM Re: Temple of Set [Re: ]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Djeez guys don't be Nancies; anyone with a brain will see and who cares about those without?

D.

#52444 - 04/08/11 12:46 AM Re: Temple of Set [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Hegesias Offline

What is important is to issue change. A synthesis can be made with various philosophies while discarding the unessential in Satanism or otherwise.

I would like to know what the ToS's views are on "entropy"? The scientific explanation of Satan as the hidden "dark" force in nature that shapes everything by a measurement acting on energy matter consuming time/space. It is Ouroboros or Jormungandr, the serpent devouring its own tail, the alpha omega - the "solve et coagula" of the words written on the arms of the sitting Goat of Mendes. "Solve" refers to the breaking down of elements and "Coagula" refers to their coming together. A process where something is broken down to its elements, a process which produces energy in a purer form.

Even Anton LaVey talked about this "dark force" in nature yet people seem to have dismissed this as metaphorical.

#52446 - 04/08/11 01:03 AM Re: Temple of Set [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
SinisterMoon Offline

The Temple of Se is neither original- nor neo-Nazi, and I would rather not have that impression perpetuated

I think that anyone who knows anything at all about the Temple of Set would know it's not and never was supportive of nazi/neo-nazi views.

If some have or get the contrary impression (for whatever silly reason) then isn't it better to clear up the matter by debating with them rather than just closing/locking this thread?

#52450 - 04/08/11 02:16 AM Re: Temple of Set [Re: Diavolo]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Diavolo
Djeez guys don't be Nancies; anyone with a brain will see and who cares about those without?

Of course if you can guarantee that only those with brains read 600C threads?

And as a matter of fact the Temple of Set does care about its public image, and attempts over the years to throw "neo/Nazi" mud at us have been an annoyance and distraction from our authentic interests.

All I am requesting is that if you want to discuss neo/Nazism, please do not do it under this "Temple of Set" heading. Start another thread with the n/N title and post away to your heart's content. \:\)

#52464 - 04/08/11 07:42 AM Re: Temple of Set [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
SinisterMoon Offline

[ the Temple of Set does care about its public image

May I ask why?

Page 3 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.