Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#38570 - 05/15/10 08:38 AM What does Satanism teach about...
DemonicDaddy666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Alabama
What does Satanism or what did Doktor LaVey teach about life other than flesh and blood? Forgive me if this has been covered before, I looked and didnt see anything, and I am new to the site and Satanism.

Is there a general consensus amongst Satanist that there is no form of life other than our own? And wouldn't saying other beings other than flesh and blood beings do not exist, basically the same as saying extraterrestrials do not exist and only life on earth exists, just because there may or may not be proof yet, which I am not saying ET's do exist, I have never seen one lol, Im just using that as an example. At this stage in my life I am open to the possibility, that there may be other entities, other than flesh and blood. I'm Not saying I believe in ghosts because those are suppose to be the spirits of the dead and I dont believe in life after this one, but possibly an entity that can project itself as different things. Who knows maybe these things have fun pretending to be something they are not to mess with humans. One reason for my opinion on this matter goes back to what Magus LaVey wrote concerning the powerful force that permeates the universe. I know this doesnt imply, that force can communicate with us humans, but at the same time it doesnt rule out that other forces/entities in nature can not.. If other entities do exist on another plane, it would not take away a veiwpoint in non belief in deities,angels,ghosts etc, it would only mean that flesh and blood creatures are not the only type of life in existence. Maybe these entities are what cause so called possesions, ghost sitings, or Marian Apparitions etc(in cases where the person('s) were not on drugs,medications or alcohol)...So in my opinion, Unless there is 100% proof that these sort of things can happen to a person from non entity type sources, then I am compelled to accept for the time being anyway, that these are some form of entity or whatever.

Any useful comments or help on understanding will be appreciated,Thanks!.

#38574 - 05/15/10 11:53 AM Re: What does Satanism teach about... [Re: DemonicDaddy666]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
LaVey wrote that there is no hereafter. No heaven, no hell, no afterlife, etc. If we seek paradise, we are to build it here for ourselves on Earth rather than waiting for a reward beyond the grave which in all probability doesn't exist.

So in my opinion, Unless there is 100% proof that these sort of things can happen to a person from non entity type sources, then I am compelled to accept for the time being anyway, that these are some form of entity or whatever.

Yes, it is POSSIBLE that ghosts and demons and smurfs actually exist. There will always be a big "?" area in science concerning phenomenon that we have not observed or understand fully. HOWEVER, that doesn't give us license to fill the gaps in whatever nonsense our brains can dream up.

For example, I can assert wholeheartedly that there is an (invisible) miniature pink elephant living in my sock drawer. Perhaps there have been testimonies-- several other people believe it too, and a few even say they have heard elephantine trumpeting sounding muffedly from inside my dresser. Now, you have no evidence to prove me wrong. The testimonies of others would, in fact, seem to give weight to the sock-drawer-elephant theory. Nonetheless, you would still consider me a madman, a liar, or at least deluded.

Your belief in supernatural fancies may not compel you to burn witches or crash planes into towers, but you have fallen to the same folly that preys upon the religious and backwards-minded.

With a good dose of Satanic skepticism considered, it is decidedly foolish to believe in something you have no hard evidence for.

So to answer your overall question-- yes, it is possible that such outrageous things exist-- but until there is reliable proof thereof, it illogical to assume they exist anyway, and we are perfectly justified in criticizing your assertions to the contrary.

Edited by The Zebu (05/15/10 11:55 AM)

#38577 - 05/15/10 01:41 PM Re: What does Satanism teach about... [Re: The Zebu]
DemonicDaddy666 Offline
stranger

1) Pardon Me. I didnt say there was an after life. Nor that LaVey said there was one. The possible existence of other life forms/entities, does not equal a belief in the after life, which I said I did not.
2) I said, I am going to keep and open mind about these things, Not that I believe certain types of entities exist,one way or another. This is my choice. "If" I did believe in other life other than flesh and blood, that would not necessarily mean I believed in the supernatural such as ghosts,angels or demons,nor an after life for that matter. There is a difference. Example lets say theres life on another planet that we dont know about, but not like life on earth, doesn't mean its supernatural as in ghost,demons or smurfs lol.
3) Saying other lifes forms don't exist without proof, is closed mindedness, and if all people including those raised Atheist who became Satanist were closed minded, they would never have even bothered reading or listening to anything LaVey,etc had to say. Including myself. So therefore the vast majority of Satanist must be open minded whether they are Atheist,deist,panentheist etc. \:\) Closed mindedness to me is for the Abrahamic faiths and I left those a long time ago. ;\)

If you do not understand what I am saying or asking, please just skip it and let others answer. I am not looking for a debate, just interested in what LaVey's view point was on other life, links or directions to where I can read it would be nice or listen to his own words. And I was also looking for the view of what the overall community is, not name calling or remarks that don't help me understand Satanism better.

Originally Posted By: The Zebu
LaVey wrote that there is no hereafter. No heaven, no hell, no afterlife, etc. If we seek paradise, we are to build it here for ourselves on Earth rather than waiting for a reward beyond the grave which in all probability doesn't exist.

So in my opinion, Unless there is 100% proof that these sort of things can happen to a person from non entity type sources, then I am compelled to accept for the time being anyway, that these are some form of entity or whatever.

Yes, it is POSSIBLE that ghosts and demons and smurfs actually exist. There will always be a big "?" area in science concerning phenomenon that we have not observed or understand fully. HOWEVER, that doesn't give us license to fill the gaps in whatever nonsense our brains can dream up.

For example, I can assert wholeheartedly that there is an (invisible) miniature pink elephant living in my sock drawer. Perhaps there have been testimonies-- several other people believe it too, and a few even say they have heard elephantine trumpeting sounding muffedly from inside my dresser. Now, you have no evidence to prove me wrong. The testimonies of others would, in fact, seem to give weight to the sock-drawer-elephant theory. Nonetheless, you would still consider me a madman, a liar, or at least deluded.

Your belief in supernatural fancies may not compel you to burn witches or crash planes into towers, but you have fallen to the same folly that preys upon the religious and backwards-minded.

With a good dose of Satanic skepticism considered, it is decidedly foolish to believe in something you have no hard evidence for.

So to answer your overall question-- yes, it is possible that such outrageous things exist-- but until there is reliable proof thereof, it illogical to assume they exist anyway, and we are perfectly justified in criticizing your assertions to the contrary.

Edited by DemonicDaddy666 (05/15/10 01:53 PM)

#38579 - 05/15/10 02:06 PM Re: What does Satanism teach about... [Re: DemonicDaddy666]
Jake999 Offline

LaVey and I talked about the possibility of life beyond that on earth, somewhere out there in the universe. He said that he felt it was a distinct possibility, and, like me, believed that it would be naive to belive, knowing what we know of the nature of "life" on this planet to be practically everywhere and in some very extreme conditions, we couldn't expect to find the same elsewhere. But he also felt that it would simply mean there was another type of life out there and probably wouldn't mean that much to US on a day to day basis.

As for "life after death," he was pretty clear on that, as in The Satanic Bible, where he wrote, "There is no heaven of glory bright, and no hell where sinners roast. Here and now is our day of torment! Here and now is our day of joy! Here and now is our opportunity! Choose ye this day, this hour, for no redeemer liveth!"

Quite simply, in his mind, there was no afterlife.

That's not to say he didn't think of things. Someone once asked him if he thought that IF there was an afterlife, and we would be able to interact with those we met there, would we be able to ask Jesus or Buddha questions. His response was on the line of, "only if you knew them in THIS life," since any afterlife that he could conceive of would be made up of one's experiences and personal knowledge, therefore, he would only have those things that he had experienced in this life to draw upon in an "afterlife."

I know... somebody's thinking, "What if you had past lives." He didn't think that "past lives" were any more valid than "next lives" and such concepts were simply psychological crutches to excuse or explain one's normal actions and reactions on a day to day basis.

#38580 - 05/15/10 02:50 PM Re: What does Satanism teach about... [Re: Jake999]
DemonicDaddy666 Offline
stranger

Thanks for the reply, and yeah I agree "if" there were life elsewhere, it wouldnt concern us, unless of course they contacted us lol. And I agree that there is no after life. That's not my question. And I too do not believe in reincarnation.
My question was concerning the possibility of "other" lifeforms on earth and what if anything LaVey might have said on that subject . Might help to read my 2nd post,if you haven't and re-read my first post. Apparently I wasn't quit clear on what I was asking in my first one, I am not asking whether LaVey or any satanist believes in an afterlife,or the supernatural such as ghosts of the dead,lol. Sorry.

Nice to talk to someone who actually knew Dr.LaVey that knew things he actually said and not just here say.I have read some of your posts on here and look forward to reading more from you.

Originally Posted By: Jake999
LaVey and I talked about the possibility of life beyond that on earth, somewhere out there in the universe. He said that he felt it was a distinct possibility, and, like me, believed that it would be naive to belive, knowing what we know of the nature of "life" on this planet to be practically everywhere and in some very extreme conditions, we couldn't expect to find the same elsewhere. But he also felt that it would simply mean there was another type of life out there and probably wouldn't mean that much to US on a day to day basis.

As for "life after death," he was pretty clear on that, as in The Satanic Bible, where he wrote, "There is no heaven of glory bright, and no hell where sinners roast. Here and now is our day of torment! Here and now is our day of joy! Here and now is our opportunity! Choose ye this day, this hour, for no redeemer liveth!"

Quite simply, in his mind, there was no afterlife.

That's not to say he didn't think of things. Someone once asked him if he thought that IF there was an afterlife, and we would be able to interact with those we met there, would we be able to ask Jesus or Buddha questions. His response was on the line of, "only if you knew them in THIS life," since any afterlife that he could conceive of would be made up of one's experiences and personal knowledge, therefore, he would only have those things that he had experienced in this life to draw upon in an "afterlife."

I know... somebody's thinking, "What if you had past lives." He didn't think that "past lives" were any more valid than "next lives" and such concepts were simply psychological crutches to excuse or explain one's normal actions and reactions on a day to day basis.

Edited by DemonicDaddy666 (05/15/10 02:55 PM)

#38581 - 05/15/10 03:27 PM Re: What does Satanism teach about... [Re: DemonicDaddy666]
Jake999 Offline

LaVey never mentioned any other life forms on earth... he was pretty pragmatic about things, and if someone were to prove that another life form existed, he'd probably be interested in studying it, if only from a "how can I gain from this" standpoint. But he didn't see much of a need to speculate one the "what ifs" of intangibilities. He preferred proof rather than conjecture.

#38583 - 05/15/10 04:54 PM Re: What does Satanism teach about... [Re: Jake999]
DemonicDaddy666 Offline
stranger

Thanks again for the reply, and help. I was just curious as if he ever considered things of such nature and if he or any satanist for that matter, ever wondered if such things could be responsible or the explanation for such reports as ghost sitings,possession,Marian apparitions, etc like I mentioned previously. No I am not saying I do, but just something to ponder, if you get what I mean.
Thanks again for the help and I get what your saying, so no need to reply stating what you just explained. ;\)

Originally Posted By: Jake999
LaVey never mentioned any other life forms on earth... he was pretty pragmatic about things, and if someone were to prove that another life form existed, he'd probably be interested in studying it, if only from a "how can I gain from this" standpoint. But he didn't see much of a need to speculate one the "what ifs" of intangibilities. He preferred proof rather than conjecture.

Edited by DemonicDaddy666 (05/15/10 05:34 PM)

#38593 - 05/16/10 06:17 AM Re: What does Satanism teach about... [Re: DemonicDaddy666]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

The question you ask cannot be answered by a general consensus within a philosophy.
This question can only be answered on a personal level and can vary from person to person.
Is there no other life form other then our own? Perhaps it is, perhaps not. The earth is big, our solar system is much bigger and the Universe is simply mindblowing huge and unknown (it is said we only know 1% or 2 of what is existant and happens in the Universe).
I guess, and dare to put a huge probability factor of 99,9999..%, there is other life then our own. (I also take unicellular organisms into account). But as Jake mentioned: does it have an influence on us? Does it even matter it IS, if we have no link with it or any other form of communication of any sort.

As long as there is no contact or communication it does not matter. But as soon there is, precaution and research should be taken. Do I find it futile to search for other life then ourselves? One part of me says no for the insight which might be gained and the advancement of technology linked during the quest, another part of me says yes since we haven't sorted our own things out on this planet.

#38595 - 05/16/10 09:46 AM Re: What does Satanism teach about... [Re: Dimitri]
DemonicDaddy666 Offline
stranger

Thanks for the reply, and yeah I see what your saying and pretty much agree with what you have said.

Originally Posted By: Dimitri
The question you ask cannot be answered by a general consensus within a philosophy.
This question can only be answered on a personal level and can vary from person to person.
Is there no other life form other then our own? Perhaps it is, perhaps not. The earth is big, our solar system is much bigger and the Universe is simply mindblowing huge and unknown (it is said we only know 1% or 2 of what is existant and happens in the Universe).
I guess, and dare to put a huge probability factor of 99,9999..%, there is other life then our own. (I also take unicellular organisms into account). But as Jake mentioned: does it have an influence on us? Does it even matter it IS, if we have no link with it or any other form of communication of any sort.

As long as there is no contact or communication it does not matter. But as soon there is, precaution and research should be taken. Do I find it futile to search for other life then ourselves? One part of me says no for the insight which might be gained and the advancement of technology linked during the quest, another part of me says yes since we haven't sorted our own things out on this planet.

#38766 - 05/23/10 10:56 PM Fields & Scream [Re: DemonicDaddy666]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
GHOSTS FROM THE NEGATIVE GREEN
- by M.A.A.
Scroll of Set, February 1994

The other day on the Temple forum, someone asked about ghosts - i.e. what to do if you think you’ve seen one, or if you suspect that your house is haunted generally.

As with other “occult” subjects, there has been much nonsense written about ghosts & hauntings, accompanied by all manner of individual & group crank-supporters. And of course there have been equal numbers of ghost-debunkers. Collectively this makes for an entertaining hobby on either side of the fence.

A serious Black Magician will eventually be interested in investigating such substance as there may be behind the surface imagery. Do ghosts exist either in some sort of “traditional” way or in a less-obvious “scientific” sense?

Let’s start with three basics [there are exceptions to each, but on the whole these hold true]:

(1) If a ghost is a departed spirit-essence of a previously-living person, it might conceivably manifest itself as an ethereal image of that person’s body, but non-parts of that body, such as clothes, carriages, horses, or chain-saws wouldn’t make the trip. Ghosts which do not appear in human form are sometimes called specters. [This term comes from “spectrum”, as the ancient Greeks considered specters to appear in a variety of colors. Remember this in the discussion below.]

(2) By and large, ghosts tend to be associated with specific viewers (such as a relative) or specific places.

(3) Ghosts are unreliable. They show up, if they do, unexpectedly and irregularly.

If a ghost appears to a specific viewer, and particularly if that viewer has a history or “talent” for seeing or manifesting ghosts (i.e. a medium), your first consideration is whether it is deliberate fakery. Such may be innocent [as in stage magic ghost routines] or fraudulent [if the person is trying to put over a scam].

If you decide that the person is being honest, then either it is a subjective universe experience - out of control, as it were - or that individual’s senses are adjusted in some subtle way that most others’ aren’t, enabling him/her to sense something they can’t. We’ll come back to this later also.

If a ghost appears only in a specific place, such as a particular room in a particular house, then it stands to reason that there is something about that particular location that is conducive to such a manifestation. [Here it would be even more helpful to narrow things down to see if only certain individuals sense the ghost in that location, and what common perceptive threads there may be between those people.]

Here we enter the marvelous magical world of shape dynamics and their impact on human consciousness. Like proxemics, shape dynamics is a force which routinely exercises a tremendous psychological influence on people without their conscious awareness.

#6O on the Reading List is Roger de Lafforest’s Houses That Kill. By now this paperback is probably next-to-impossible to find, so eventually we will get the good stuff in it synopsized and made accessible as a textfile. But for now let’s consider dL’s basic premise: that there is a “hidden science” of buildings and other closed environments (such as caves or groves). When you enter such a building, you are exposed to these principles, which may have either an immediate or a long-term effect on you [HPL devotees will note that delayed-effects were often an HPL staple, as in The Color Out Of Space or The Shunned House.]

This is somewhat along the line of the well-known Chinese art of Feng Shui, according to which there are certain good and bad ways to build and landscape buildings in terms of their effect upon occupants. Feng Shui is an interesting mix of psychology and superstitious tradition, and there are lots of books available on it. A pleasant, coherent, and knowledgeable introduction is Derek Walters’ Feng Shui (NY: Simon & Schuster/Fireside, ISBN 0-671-66790-4), 1988.

Houses That Kill, as its name conveys, focuses less on how to build good houses as how to recognize, avoid, and escape bad ones. I labeled it TS-5/OT-5 for the simple reason that someone with sinister intentions could use the same information to create such architectural Frankensteins. Don’t fool around with this stuff for the same reasons that you shouldn’t fool around with other -5 material unless you know damned well what you’re doing and have a very sublime reason for doing it.

Reading HTK is a bit like reading the Necronomicon or The King in Yellow: There is a lot of craziness and raving, and you have to look for the occasional flashes of near- and para-sanity. When these appear, they are illuminating indeed.

Assume that you have come across a house with a rotten reputation; people die, go crazy, believe in the Warren Commission, etc. when they live there. De Lafforest offers this checklist:

Originally Posted By: HTK
1. Location: The house may be built on impenetrable ground, over an underground stream of water, an ore deposit, a geological fault or a closed cavity, or in a place vulnerable to electrofiltrations or infested with harmful waves for one reason or another.

2. Shape waves may be responsible.

3. There may be ionization of the air.

4. The materials of the house, or of the furniture and other objects inside it, may be malignant by nature.

5. The house, in whole or part, may be under a curse or an interdiction.

6. The memory of walls or the bad breath of the past may be poisoning the house in the present.

7. The bad luck and the evil eye of one or more of the occupants may have impregnated the house and the atmosphere inside it so thoroughly that they in turn emit harmful waves. There are then reflections, echoes, repercussions, backlashes a kind of abominable tennis in which increasingly harmful waves are sent back and forth indefinitely between the house and its occupants.

In the space of this article I can’t go through the ramifications of all of these; the Reading List will be helpful. For instance Nigel Pennick has written a lot about geomancy, and there’s a tasty chapter on it in #14M. [The British generally appear to be especially interested in geomancy, ley-lines, and that sort of thing.]

Here I’d like to focus on waves and vibrations, as dL mentions in items #1, #2, & #7. Assuming that all readers of the Scroll got “A”s in their high school physics classes, we know what W&V are. When they get going under certain circumstances, they create additional phenomena called fields. You can see and measure at least some kinds of waves, but fields are trickier. Often you can ascertain the presence of a field, but cannot be sure why it is there or even what it is composed of. For instance, a magnetic field can be measured, but what is it? And gravity is something that might be a field-phenomenon, but no one’s quite sure. Einstein’s idea of the Holy Grail was a “Unified Field Theory” interrelating gravity & electromagnetism, but he never quite found the castle.

As in Forbidden Planet, where a monster lay in ambush hidden in the id of Dr. Morbius, de Lafforest suggests that similar “monsters” may lurk within the friendly, pretty range of the visible electromagnetic spectrum [remember that word from above?]:

Originally Posted By: HTK
Everything would be simple if we were limited to the colors of the rainbow. But besides the seven visible color-vibrations (violet, indigo, blue, green, yellow, orange, red), the spectrum includes five invisible ones (infrared, black, negative green, white, ultraviolet). Belizal and Morel write that ‘in the sector between black and white there are many other vibratory points revealing great energy. This is an intensely radioactive zone whose center lies in negative green, which is the exact antipode of the green of the spectrum, or positive green.’ And they conclude: ‘It is the shortest and most powerful vibration in the universe.’

I will add that it is also the most dangerous. With green we are at the borderline between good and evil, the visible and the invisible. Both positive and negative, it is the most mysterious of all colors, the only one that is exactly opposed to itself. In any case it greatly complicates efforts to assign responsibility for the inexplicable harmful forces that contaminate some houses.

The subject of colors provides a reasonable transition to the difficult and controversial problem of shape waves.

All the harmful rays I have mentioned so far can be detected and measured by scientific devices sensitive to microvibrations and electromagnetism. They correspond to gamma rays, which are similar to X-rays. It has been established that the shorter their wavelength is, the more harmful they are, and that they are extremely hard. It is precisely because of this hardness that they can so easily penetrate living tissues. In human beings and animals they destroy red corpuscles; in plants they attack the sap. They are thus responsible for a progressive disintegration of the human race. It can be said without exaggerating that the end of the world is near if man neglects to protect himself from the malignant rays that criss-cross the universe. Fortunately, as we have seen, it is possible to assure such protection by relatively simple means.

Provided these dangerous rays have a kind of physio-chemical plausibility, it is easy to convince people they exist. Since the idea of radioactivity is now familiar to everyone, it can be understood by analogy that there are cosmic and telluric waves which have detrimental effects on human beings. But it will be much harder for me to make my readers take me seriously when I say that by drawing two perpendicular lines with a point in common, we obtain the shortest and most powerful vibration in the universe, the one I have already mentioned in connection with colors: negative green.

These vibrations produced by a right angle are shape waves, that is, waves engendered by shapes as their name implies.

When they are emitted by symmetrical geometrical shapes, they are favorable to the equilibrium of living organisms. They are unfavorable when they come from shapes that are irregular, non-compensated, or dissociated to project malignant energy.

We have here come to the impassable no-man’s land that separates science from magic.

If it is true, as I believe, that this vibration is created by angular refraction, it is easy to imagine the superhuman power wielded by someone capable of aiming, wherever and however he chooses, the formidable artillery of shape waves contained in an ordinary geometry textbook.

We are already familiar with the Law of the Trapezoid, and with Mortensen’s observations in his The Command to Look (#20J) about the psychological impact of different shapes and masses. De Lafforest is moving us another step towards the “machinery” involved, i.e. the impact of specific wave-lengths on the electromagnetic spectrum on the human brain & psyche. Further that angles of intersecting planes generate waves/fields which may or may not be within the visible EMS.

Isn’t this fun and weird? Look around the room right now and start worrying about all the negative green that you never knew was stalking you like one of Colin Wilson’s mind parasites ...

And that’s just within the visible range.

Back in 1975 a looker-into-strange-things named John Keel wrote a fascinating little book called The Eighth Tower (NY: Signet #451-E7460). Its title takes off from that evocative passage in William Seabrook’s Adventures in Arabia:

Originally Posted By: AiA
Stretching across Asia, from Northern Manchuria, through Thibet, west through Persia, and ending in the Kurdistan, was a chain of seven towers, on isolated mountain-tops; and in each of these towers sat continually a priest of Satan, who by “broadcasting” occult vibrations controlled the destinies of the world for evil.

Seabrook considered the Shrine of Sheikh Adi of the Yezidis to be the westernmost of these towers, and the entire legend formed the basis for the Church of Satan’s IV°, whose Initiates were originally conceived to be such Sorcerers.

Keel’s “eighth tower” derived from this notion of “broadcasting”; his book was a journey through the oddities of the entire EMS. In this he was less rigorously scientific than Dr. Becker in #17F [cf. my “Salamander Bones and the Seven Towers of Satan”], but interesting nonetheless.

At the bottom of the EMS (0-1,000 cycles/second) we have AC current, electric power motors, VLF radio, telephones, hi-fi audio, etc. In the 100 kilocycles-100 megacycles range LF/MF/HF radio. Moving on into the 100-1,000 kilometer range we encounter VHF and UHF radio, radar, infrared, microwave. Somewhere between 1013 and 1015 KM we have the visible light spectrum, i.e. everything that we can [normally] see. At 1016-17 you get X-rays, then Gamma rays 1018-19, then cosmic rays at 1020-21.

Keel went on to hypothesize a “superspectrum” that would account for field phenomena, magnetism, gravity, and linkages of the ESP type. Whether you care to buy that immediately, and I’m not suggesting that you do, he does make the point that there are a lot of things taking place around us all the time that we can’t [normally] see or hear, although we can measure some of it.

If you have a dog or a cat, you’re doubtless familiar with its occasional tendency to “see a ghost”. It starts, looks intently at some corner of the room, growls, etc. You look, and there is nothing there. Well, nothing that your EMS capabilities can detect!

Taking a leaf from HTK and one from ET, consider that certain environments may generate or alter existing EMS wave patterns, thus “shape waves”, and allow some or all persons in the vicinity to see or hear phenomena otherwise inaccessible to them. This depending upon the individual sensitivity of each person to his/her EMS range. And there you have haunted houses, ghosts, and those color-ful specters.

Let’s play with this a little further. From my “[Musical?] Notes Towards Project Andromeda”:

Originally Posted By: M.A.A.
The electrical energy in your brain occurs in waves measured according to cycles per second (CPS). As any good biofeedback freak can tell you, 1-3 CPS = Delta waves, characteristic of deep sleep. 4-7 CPS = Theta waves, characteristic of high emotion, violence, & frustration. 8-12 CPS = Alpha waves, characteristic of meditation, relaxation, & “searching for patterns”. 13-22 CPS = Beta waves, characteristic of frontal brain activity, deliberate effort, & logical thought.

We’ll come back to brain waves in a moment, but first a word about another principle: resonance. Resonance is a very interesting concept and deserves a precise definition:

Quote:
1. a vibration of large amplitude in a mechanical or electrical system caused by a relatively small periodic stimulus of the same or nearly the same period as the natural vibration period of the system.

2. the intensification and enriching of a musical tone by supplementary vibration either sympathetically or mechanically induced ...

Now a little-known but interesting fact is that your brain-waves are subject to the principle of resonance. Energy-waves reaching your brain through any medium eyes, ears, or flesh will tend to induce your brain-waves to cycle at the same wavelength. A common example of visual resonance is the seizures that some people experience when exposed to a light flickering at 10 CPS.

The audio spectrum being the range of sound vibrations which human hearing can consciously detect is from 15 CPS (bass) to 20,000 CPS (treble). The infrasonic range 10-15 CPS is too low to be consciously detected but is nonetheless capable of inducing resonance in the brain. Below infrasound [and sometimes encompassing it] are Extremely Low Frequency (ELF) waves, which are powerful and durable enough to travel through the Earth for communications with submerged submarines.

The relaxation which you paradoxically feel when listening to the deep, heavy throbbing of drums and bass guitars at rock concerts is the same as that felt by Indians listening to the large dancing-drums accompanying their ceremonial campfires. Resonance is produced which inclines your brain-waves towards Alpha, and if the rate of the beat seems particularly pleasing to you, I recommend you take your pulse. My guess is that it will be close (somewhere around 70 CPM), which your system will find subconsciously soothing. [If you wish to soothe a crying infant, rock its cradle at about that speed, or hold it to your breast so that it can hear your heartbeat. Try it!]

Now Theta happens to be a very interesting range. Soviet research into PK phenomena has yielded the fact that PK activity is generally associated with a sudden surge of Theta activity at the 4 CPS level. Theta is also more common in the brains of young children, which may have something to do with the rumor that “Poltergeist” phenomena are usually catalyzed by the presence of a child in the house.

So in addition to shape-waves affecting what you may be able to see, they can also affect what you may be able to hear. And even if you can’t see or hear anything unusual, they still may be reaching into your brain to tinker with your disposition, emotions, alertness, and ESP/PK powers.

And you thought exploring haunted houses was just looking around with a flashlight and holding seances, right?

But wait - don’t go away just yet. Seances work, just like Ouija boards and Tarot cards work if you know how to activate the forces of your mind for which they are triggering assists.

The principle which activates them is fear. That one key word should be enough to put any reader of the Scroll on track to the “machinery”. Create a fear-environment for yourself [or others] and devices such as these will activate. in the June 1987 Scroll I commented:

Originally Posted By: M.A.A.
Readers of my Church of Satan history know that a year elapsed between the time when I accidentally saw Anton LaVey at the premiere of Rosemary’s Baby and my decision to join the Church of Satan. During that year I was a Second Lieutenant in the 82nd Airborne Division at Fort Bragg, North Carolina - and at Fort Bragg an incident took place that helped me to make up my mind about Satanism. That incident was a 1968 Hammer film The Devil Rides Out, which played one night at the 82nd’s theater.

The Devil Rides Out is probably the finest “classical Satanism” movie ever made. Christopher Lee stars as the Duc de Richleau, combating Charles Gray as Ipsissimus Mocata. Gray has polished his exquisite villainy to near-perfection. When imperiously asked to depart the premises of an ancient English manor where two disciples are concealed, he pauses, glances politely-but-glacially at his aristocratic hostess, and remarks, “Very well, I shall go, and I will not be back ... but something will!”

Now that, I said to myself, is class. [I probably decided to become a Satanist right there and then.]

So if you want to do some “classical Satanism”, there is no better model than Dennis Wheatley. He may have taken some of his terminology from Aleister Crowley, but only the terminology; his plots are old-time Devil-worship at its most la-Bas. [I got in trouble with Diane LaVey one time for touting Wheatley in the Cloven Hoof. “Easy does it,” she said. “We can’t have our members crucifying bats upside-down and such.”] Quite right, and I reemphasize here that Wheatley should be consulted for atmosphere, not for practice.

Want to fight off some Saitii Elementals? Find an old, abandoned house the more decrepit and isolated the better. Go there alone. Clear everything out of the living room. Draw a TET TRA GRAM MA TON-style magic circle on the floor. Ring it with four tallow candles in antique silver candle-holders. Between them put four silver dishes of holy water. Fast for 24 hours. Go there again at dusk, enter the circle, ritually close it, pray to God and Jesus a few times to protect you, and light the four candles. [No other light sources permitted.] Then wait ... until night falls ... and the shadows begin to move in the weak candlelight ... and after a few hours something enters the room - over there, while your back was turned ...

Originally Posted By: H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.

I think HPL had a point with regard to human minds. Fortunately for Setians, our minds are something more than human, and the Temple of Set’s continuing correlative explorations into those black seas of infinity merely serve to make them more so. As we come to see the vistas of reality, however, we are faced with the challenge to interact with them with dignity, wisdom, and the genius of creativity that is the Gift of Set.

Start now by going ghost-hunting.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.