Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#38612 - 05/16/10 06:49 PM Ronnie James Dio Tribute Thread
Adversary Offline
pledge

If the rumors are true, then RIP Ronnie!

#38616 - 05/16/10 08:44 PM Re: Ronnie James Dio Tribute Thread [Re: Adversary]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Straight from the horses mouth... http://www.ronniejamesdio.com/

Well 67 is better than 50 but not by much. I had heard about Heaven and Hell last year in Atlantic City and was hoping to get to see them if they came back this year. I hadn't heard about the stomach cancer.

Added to the list with the Ramones Zappa and Stevie Ray of people who died before I got off my ass to see them preform.

~T~

#38617 - 05/16/10 09:05 PM Re: Ronnie James Dio Tribute Thread [Re: ta2zz]
Adversary Offline
pledge

Yah, I had only heard about the cancer only a few days ago. It's a bummer, but we all have to go one of these days. I loved watching him perform, though I had never seen him live. He had a sort of...quirkyness. Ah well. Thanks for the link.

Edited by Adversary (05/16/10 09:06 PM)

#38619 - 05/16/10 09:13 PM Re: Ronnie James Dio Tribute Thread [Re: ta2zz]
Shadow Dragon Offline
pledge

Wow, I had no idea he had cancer. Dio was one of the best singers in rock history and it's a shame the world just lost someone talented. \:\(

#38623 - 05/17/10 12:16 AM Re: Ronnie James Dio Tribute Thread [Re: Shadow Dragon]
Adversary Offline
pledge

Shame on me. I take that back. I had seen Dio with Motorhead, Vince Neil, and Poison.

Edited by Adversary (05/17/10 12:16 AM)

#38648 - 05/17/10 10:16 PM Re: Ronnie James Dio Tribute Thread [Re: Adversary]
the earthly duck Offline
stranger

Bible black and holy diver where two among many of his songs that i favored.
It's Shame he had to go in such a way, He will be missed,

R.I.P >Ronnie Dio<

#38650 - 05/18/10 12:20 AM Re: Ronnie James Dio Tribute Thread [Re: the earthly duck]
Sycorax Offline
stranger

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
RJ Dio gave the world some damn good songs that I have enjoyed over the years. The Holy Diver album just pure fucking epic.

#38668 - 05/19/10 11:31 AM Re: Ronnie James Dio Tribute Thread [Re: Sycorax]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
I loved “The Last In Line”. I remember as a teenager smoking the wacky tobacky and hanging out with one of my friends. I was feeling paranoid, and he said this song would help calm me down. So the song starts. It’s quite mellow and beautiful, and it was chilling me out. Then Dio sang, “We are coming…HOOOOOOME!” and the music suddenly got very loud and aggressive. I nearly shit myself, and my friend was laughing his ass off. Good times…

#38680 - 05/20/10 06:06 AM Re: Ronnie James Dio Tribute Thread [Re: William Wright]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
WOW, just wow. I had to go and see what you guys were talking about and tears instantly filled my eyes, I have always loved Dio and spent many a night jamming to some of the best music in rock n roll history.

Sether recently re-recorded Holy Diver and they actually did a stand up job. I am truely sadened by this news. The music world is a lesser place now.

R.I.P. Ronnie Jamie Dio

#38756 - 05/23/10 07:11 PM Re: Ronnie James Dio Tribute Thread [Re: Wicked Satanist]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
I heard about this from a friend at the pub last night, and was saddened by the news. The guy was a fucking awesome vocalist, of whom had one of the most powerful voices metal has ever heard. I always heard a lot of passion in the songs I had heard, such as the awesome Neon Knights.

R.I.P. to a fantastic singer; Ronnie James Dio.

\:\(

#41525 - 08/06/10 02:53 PM Re: Ronnie James Dio Tribute Thread [Re: DistroyA]
Mikey58 Offline
stranger

Loc: England
Thank you Ronnie. When i heard you sing on the Rainbow Live album, it was lifechanging. Here's to you.
#41974 - 08/16/10 03:59 PM Re: Ronnie James Dio Tribute Thread [Re: Mikey58]
Draculesti Offline
Impaler

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
Man, I'm such a latecomer to this thread, though I heard about it the day he died on a metal forum I visit occasionally.

For those of you who know (and for those of you who don't) of RJD's earlier work with Rainbow and Elf, I HIGHLY recommend it. The albums he recorded with Elf were, if I'm not incorrect, were his earliest recordings. They are very bluesy-rock, way more so than Rainbow, and certainly way more than his solo stuff, but it is really good. Kind of like Aerosmith (the early stuff), but way better in my opinion.

As for Rainbow, I don't think I have all of their stuff, but three albums in particular (the first three) are great: Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow (1975), Rising (1976), and Long Live Rock and Roll. The latter two, in particular, are very special. Track highlights from Rising include "Stargazer"; from Long Live... "Gates of Babylon" and the sorrowful "Rainbow Eyes" are standouts.

Rainbow Eyes

Homo Homini Lupus

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 25 queries. Zlib compression disabled.