Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#38795 - 05/25/10 07:04 PM If Anyone Cares
Adversary Offline
pledge

Slipknot Bassist Is Found Dead.

Way to steal Ronnie Dios thunder, and make it about you...

Link here

#38808 - 05/26/10 09:47 AM Re: If Anyone Cares [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
Shadow Dragon Offline
pledge

I feel bad for this guy. Dying a little after Dio, so it won't get nearly the coverage it deserves. Rest in peace.

#38826 - 05/27/10 01:16 AM Re: If Anyone Cares [Re: Shadow Dragon]
the earthly duck Offline
stranger

Whoa there has been a lot of deaths lately it might be just me but it seems a lil wierd.
never the less i loved slipknot, may rest in Piece.

#38860 - 05/27/10 10:20 PM Re: If Anyone Cares [Re: the earthly duck]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Ever look at the amount of people that die every minute of every day?

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/About_HFC/Death_Rate/death_rate.html

Warning: clicking on above link will open a religious site on your computer which shows the death rate using inductive generalization.

Since he died surrounded by pills and a syringe it seems he’s getting the news coverage his death deserved. Another drug related death how unexpected uncommon and weird eh? I’ve heard of slipknot but honestly couldn’t tell you I’ve ever heard them. Needless DIO built up a much more recognizable name and face than Paul Gray.

~T~

#38861 - 05/27/10 11:55 PM Re: If Anyone Cares [Re: ta2zz]
FriendlyS Offline
stranger

Loc: Toronto, Canada
 Originally Posted By: ta2zz
Since he died surrounded by pills and a syringe it seems he’s getting the news coverage his death deserved. Another drug related death how unexpected uncommon and weird eh?

I agree. It was still bad news because he was a pretty good bassist and Slipknot is a good band, great live. However, the amount of people that have been overdosing lately is ridiculous. I'm tired of hearing about people being found dead surrounded with drugs. It's one of the stupidest ways to go and these deaths really don't deserve much more coverage than they are getting.

Originally Posted By: ta2zz
Needless DIO built up a much more recognizable name and face than Paul Gray.
 Originally Posted By: Shadow Dragon
Dying a little after Dio, so it won't get nearly the coverage it deserves.

Again, while I like Slipknot and Paul Gray, he was nowhere near the legend that Dio has become over the decades and I doubt he would have gotten as much coverage as Dio even if his death had come later. Both because it was an overdose and because he just isn't as known.

#38865 - 05/28/10 09:11 AM Re: If Anyone Cares [Re: FriendlyS]
Adversary Offline
pledge

Slipknot is such a great experience live. And their old stuff is great IMO. Sex, drugs, it's just the way you go in rock. You either burn out or fade away.
#39059 - 06/04/10 01:42 PM Re: If Anyone Cares [Re: Adversary]
William Wright Offline

Loc: Nashville
I don’t see a problem with fading away. In fact, it makes a whole lot more sense to me than burning out. Honestly, what’s the payoff for a rock star dying young? Enhancing his legacy? The guy’s dead and can’t even enjoy it. Is it some kind of martyrdom thing, dying for one’s art? I have more respect for survivors.

#39475 - 06/22/10 12:03 AM If Anyone Cares=Too much morphine, not enough pain [Re: Adversary]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Well it's official “Autopsy results show the bassist for heavy metal band Slipknot died of an accidental overdose of morphine and fentanyl, a synthetic morphine substitute, police said Monday.”

Now I must ask how many have died from a planned overdose? The article goes on to say he also had significant heart disease. Of course police are wondering how he acquired these drugs and saying that charges are possible. They do admit it’s too early to say specifically what those charges could be.

Now it could be me but seriously what in the hell can you charge a dead man with?

~T~

P.S. a month later and this guy is still nothing but his mask in the news.

Who was this wasted guy?

Oh hey look it’s Dio…

#39485 - 06/22/10 04:49 AM Re: If Anyone Cares=Too much morphine, not enough pain [Re: ta2zz]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

If might be so brazen to inquire, and I am, what makes you think this was a "planned overdose". This is not meant to appear as if I am doubting you as I have not been following the story but nothing in this post hinted at anything being planned until you mentioned it.

In the event that you were attempting sarcasm when you brought up the aforementioned "planned overdose" I must ask: why?

I do wonder what charges could be filed against a dead man, though. I always wonder how you could prosecute and/or incarcerate someone for committing the crime of suicide. I myself got threatened with a charge of "attempted suicide" when I jumped off a 30' cliff, into a lake, but that is a different story.

#39486 - 06/22/10 05:27 AM Re: If Anyone Cares=Too much morphine, not enough pain [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

You are mistaken I think it is quite clear I am playing with the wording “accidental overdose” being redundant. Junkies do not usually try to kill themselves they like getting high too much. Nowhere do I imply or do they say that he planned his death through an overdose. Then the report would have said his death was deemed a suicide yet not a “suicidal overdose”. ;\)

Almost funny how the lawman, I believe his name was Disney biting at the air over charges being filed. It is no wonder that it is too early to say exactly what charges never mind against whom.

~T~

#39499 - 06/22/10 10:49 PM Re: If Anyone Cares=Too much morphine, not enough pain [Re: ta2zz]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Yes, I guess I am mistake. I suppose it makes more sense that people talking about filing charges against a dead man would be the ones to call the overdose planned.

Even though I lost interest in Slipknot a long time ago I still think it sucks that he is dead. Was he the best bass player in the world? No he wasn't. Is it stupid to inject drugs? Absolutely. But none of that matters much to me; he was one of the founding members of a band that at one point made an impact in my life. Nothing will ever take that away.

#39504 - 06/23/10 01:51 AM Re: If Anyone Cares=Too much morphine, not enough pain [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
zippadydooda Offline
pledge

Loc: San Diego, California
This is news to me, but I'm not too effected by it. Up until All Hope is Gone, I was a pretty rabid Maggot (Slipknot fan). Shortly before that cd was when they really started selling their image more than their music.

RIP Paul Gray.

#39637 - 06/28/10 04:34 PM Re: If Anyone Cares=Too much morphine, not enough pain [Re: zippadydooda]
Room 101 Offline

Loc: Scotland
Fuck, DIO died? I hadnt a clue that he had passed.

I was a never that large a fan of Slipknot, but I do have a few albums. It’s a shame that one so young dies in such an utterly useless way.

#39775 - 07/02/10 01:44 AM Re: If Anyone Cares=Too much morphine, not enough pain [Re: Room 101]
NeoZombie Offline
pledge

Loc: Minnesota, USA
RIP He will be missed dearly! \:\(
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 27 queries. Zlib compression disabled.