Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#4156 - 02/12/08 08:49 PM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Sven Offline
stranger

What I find ironic is the conterversy surrounding euthenaisa, and how people feel so strongly about something as to deny someone else a right to their own death. Which always lead me to believe that people (in terms of a majorty in society) use the idea of an afterlife and god as a means of denial, and as a way to answer their fears of the possiblity of no afterlife.

#4169 - 02/13/08 12:15 AM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: Sven]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
 Quote:
Which always lead me to believe that people (in terms of a majorty in society) use the idea of an afterlife and god as a means of denial, and as a way to answer their fears of the possiblity of no afterlife.

Yes. To me that seems like THE MOST OBVIOUS thought, and yet it mustn't be to the sheeple. I've always thought an after life and karma etc are crutches. Either about their being nothing on the other side, or about how small and insignificant most peoples lives really are. Reincarnation is a great way to allow people to have been someone famous or important in a 'PAST LIFE' oooooooh wah!

Euthenasia to alot is as dirty word as abortion.

Zeph

#4180 - 02/13/08 03:28 AM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: ZephyrGirl]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
I disagree Zeph, Euthenasia is the choice of the person in question, abortion is the choice of the mother.

If I was aborted I would have had no say in the matter however if I'm asking someone to end my life when I'm no longer capable of living it to a degree where I am not happy, that is my decision and it should be respected and acted upon if anyone cares enough to follow my wishes.

Now personally, I'm pretty damn terrified of death. I would never want such a thing. Some people however, do. Why should they be denied there wishes?

#4183 - 02/13/08 05:38 AM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: TornadoCreator]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Quote:
I disagree Zeph, Euthenasia is the choice of the person in question, abortion is the choice of the mother.

Sorry I'm confused Tornado Creator. You disagree that Euthenasia is to a certain section of people as diry a word as abortion.

#4186 - 02/13/08 09:04 AM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Noc Offline
pledge

Loc: Delaware
I honestly never think about when my life will come to end. I have no control over when that day will come. I'm not afraid of death because there is no need to be afraid of something I can't control. I know that death will come in time but I don't feel a need to dwell on it.

We all have our own theories about the after life, But no one will ever truly know what happens at the time of death until they experience it for themselves. So i just try to live my life everyday to the fullest, and try to experience as much as possible in the here and now.

Because we can never re live the past and theres no guarantee we will live to see the future, so I focus on whats happen in the present and try to make the most of it.....

#4188 - 02/13/08 12:19 PM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: ZephyrGirl]
TornadoCreator Offline

Originally Posted By: ZephyrGirl
 Quote:

Sorry I'm confused Tornado Creator. You disagree that Euthenasia is to a certain section of people as diry a word as abortion.

No. Sorry... we've misinterpreted eachothers posts.

I disagree that us us a dirty word or concept for that matter based on the fact that personal choice is involved. You statemnent that some people view it as such though is quite true.

#4193 - 02/13/08 04:16 PM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: TornadoCreator]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Yes. I could probably have added a comma and made it a little easier to read. I do read things back before I post, but then I wrote them, so of course I will understand it.

Zeph

#4247 - 02/14/08 11:30 PM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: ZephyrGirl]
TornadoCreator Offline

Don't worry about it. This is the internet, people misinterpret things all the time.

#6495 - 03/27/08 06:40 PM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: Sven]
Engel08 Offline
stranger

Loc: California
Stick to average lifespan. I might make it legal for people to consider it suicide thru this technology.
Basically my thoughts on this would be no different then they are now.
I believe in euthanasia under vegetable status as well.
If I'm no longer in control of my own mind or body I have no reason to around except for other peoples inability to let go of me.

#6538 - 03/28/08 01:49 PM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: Sven]
Isaak w shipley Offline

Loc: Tenneessee
I personally,believe in a after-existance,I think this one is screwed so badd that there is something better,Its just an opinion.Yes I know that people ponder their own mortallity constantly.This life is only temporary,remember,just my opinion.
I think if we study our dreams,and the mind their is a spiceal connection between,dreams and the afterlifes we have already lived,doesnt anybody ponder their inner man or fears.I have no problem,believing in a better-piece of existance,Thats my own personal right.I respect the fact that death is the end also.Maybe we ponder about it to face fears,or because deep inside whether admit it or not,we have been here before and again,again,and again.Most would like to prolong their life simply by belief in something better,I am one of those,but except the mammal must go back to dirt.I also respect the people of this philosophy and others,except those who forcefeed religion,that is not the answer never has been,never will be.Look at it this way,death is apart of these lives,so excepting death is apart of prolonged life.Many do not get the chance to have these disscussions as we do,Its a luxury to do so not a right.Alot of my people and others,have died so we can live in freedom,In war their are no unwounded people.The quote sticks to me like pins n needles.People have prolonged our very existance simply by forgetting themselves and going out in the flame of this worldwide torching effect.I respect the people for their ideas,and solutions,also for their beliefs whatever they may be.I choose prolonged life by accepting death as apart of the process nothing more,nothing less.

"The only think for sure here
IS death and Taxes"

#6540 - 03/28/08 01:58 PM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: Isaak w shipley]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: Isaak w shipley
Yes I know that people ponder their own mortallity constantly.

No Isaak. only a few of us actually ponder our own mortality.

Life is like a watch on your wrist or a ring around your finger. After wearing these for so long you forget you have it on, until you lose it. Most people forget how precious life is. They forget how fast time ticks away. "Man is a verb" as one wise guy puts it. most people waste this precious time out of touch with the world of nature, buried in the words of dead prophets and dead letters, politics, religion, themselves, or whatever, never truly realizing life is passing them by.

Edited by LUCIFERIFIC (03/28/08 01:58 PM)

~~352~~

#6593 - 03/29/08 01:09 AM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Isaak w shipley Offline

Very nicely spoken,A true builder to the bridge of humanity.I dig it."A watch around the wrist or the band on the finger.Its good Stuff.A truth from philosophy in itself.Remindes me of "the old ball and chain" a clockwork "Orange"the flavor flav or in alice wonderland endless clicking of time clock."down the old void of time".Luciferific,I am so glad that somebody digs the debating chair also not just me.This is well spoken.I can not say it enough,Your sign is in the moon as of 11:00pm.We are building a philosophy debate and the topic is great.The moon is at her most oriented tonight.You are rightous.Not all peole just some people.I stand corrected.You have a very good way with words.I am inspired by this post.Speechless.Be sure to watch out for old "pluto".I am speechless,Dam# its great stuff.........

"The worship of a goddess,"
"A builder among us."

#6595 - 03/29/08 01:16 AM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: Isaak w shipley]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

I'm happy you appreciate it. I don't mind a friendly debate, as long as we both stay open minded and are willing to learn a new perspective - this is the only way to learn something out of a debate. Debating to get others to think like you doesn't give birth to anything new, nor progress anyone, or add to the common stock of knowledge. I think people have lost touch with the meaning and purpose of what a debate is for. or maybe i just never understood this perverted meaning of debate.

~~352~~

#6698 - 03/30/08 02:03 AM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Isaak w shipley Offline

Yes that is very true.Going against the grain to be different and learn is onething,But refusing to see problems with openminds,and hearts are not solving any issues to humanity."Ive been lost somewhere between heaven and hell".The poetry of a master of the old into the new.Mr.Zakk wyle.I love the debates of philosophy,or just natural composing of material sometimes not making any sense at first then come to find,It all starts making perfect sense.Like a book of your own shadows,that start flowing in tune when you discover they are many heads and tails.Downfalls and glory.The weak find their weakness has made them strong.I have been inside the magic realm tonight real heavy.Then all of a sudden here comes History to baffle me with the ancient "Old ones".Nostradomous.It starts to make since in a world that has always been political,chaotic,so forth all this chaos we have donr to mother earth over the centuries of time in itself has come with a high bounty on the futures head.We must learn from everyone and none.Know the truth of internal,external,and no nothing about our fates. when if we dig deep into our divine,we find we we have been knowing the fate of man and death since the beginning itself.Thats only half the karmic story though.We must remain openminded to obtain hope,inside no hope,a dream inside the AmericanDream.The good,bad,and ugly we must face to progress.Hope does save but can also destroy."Prolonged life is natural death."What do you think about the supernatural,intune with elements and astral knowing whats ahead even when you do not wish to know sometimes.We have to all put some so-called 2cents in,because without it we become so mundane and material,which do not misunderstand material is good,but only if satisfied" Within. "First,we must think what we need not always want.The power of knowlege,and power in open-minded debates that we should never close once we have opened the door. We must walk our paths.Those of benefits and loss.glory and life,destruction and death.Love you for being a true friend.Thank you.You are a inspiration luciferific,capricorn.

"The well worn path."
all must walk..........

#6700 - 03/30/08 02:10 AM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: Isaak w shipley]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Indeed my son, indeed.
What have you been doing with your life so far Isaak?
Don't lose it behind a computer or book. Go out there and follow your music.

~~352~~

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.