Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#6704 - 03/30/08 02:26 AM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Isaak w shipley Offline

Loc: Tenneessee
Yes I have been contemplating,and Executing desicions that need to be made.My date to Nashvegas is set.Thank you for restoring
my energy.If it wasnt for you I might not have dug in so deep again.I have made a path and also am proud of you,and me for taking the energy and lighting the road to success.

"The power of divine energy."

#6729 - 03/30/08 09:36 AM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
PigFeeder Offline

Loc: Near Montreal, QC
Isaak can I offer friendly advice. I have a hard time reading your posts much of the time and begin to lose interest after the first post. The crammed visual it shows off proves it hard to read so I stop and am sure many do as well. So as an improvement you couldmake or a suggestion from myself, put spaces after your periods and commas. It makes it much easier to read and it doesn't feel so crammed together.

Because when you type like this.It feels like everything is too close.And jammed together.The words are too close and it feels messy.Making it an uninteresting read especially if you don't start your sentence with capitals.then you see this.and you cant really tell the difference from one sentence to the next.

You offer good arguments and speak intelligently so as I said, I offer a suggestion so that more people will be more likely to read what important ideas you would like to share. It's up to you where you place that constructive criticsm.

#7259 - 04/05/08 05:19 PM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: Sven]
Succubus666 Offline

I think the deeper question with regard to the advancement of technology is exactly how deeply advanced we can become as a global community without completely destroying ourselves or parts of the planet in the process. The story goes that many thousands of years ago Atlantis was the most technologically advanced civilization on the planet, harnessing the energy of crystals to do everything from power cities to harness the magnetic energy of the earth and accomplish interplanetary travel by having those crystals placed strategically in three corners now known as the Bermuda Triangle. The hierarchy of their civilization became so consumed by the power they harnessed and so arrogant that they walked right into their own self-destruction.

Regardless of what the truth about Atlantis is, I think there is a lesson to be learned from that story and certainly comparisons can be made to our current state of technological advancement and those in power who have the ability to wipe out a nation at the press of a button. Maybe the question isnít so much what we as individuals will do with the newest and latest technologies, but what the fallout will be from the political hierarchy in our society having access to the newest and latest tools of destruction.

#7274 - 04/05/08 09:51 PM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: Succubus666]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Excellent post Tale De Sade. I hadn't looked at it that way before, it has certainly given me something to ponder.

I have always loved technology etc, but have been starting to enjoy the thought of maybe limiting it more in my life. I've been starting to wonder whether all this technology is actually bad for us rather than good?

Zeph

#7301 - 04/06/08 08:53 AM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: ZephyrGirl]
PigFeeder Offline

I personally feel that we are spoiled by technology. I mean, look at all these kids growing up with all this new technology. Doing things they could never dream of before. The problem is, the technology is seperataing them from the real world. There mommies and daddies are giving them and giving them and they grow up soiled getting what they want. And in many other aspects, technology has helped us advance, but it's making our civilization weak, spoiled, and lazy.

#7325 - 04/06/08 04:18 PM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: PigFeeder]
PigFeeder Offline

By the way, I'd like to add my input on the first two original ideas here:

If I was offered prolonged near immortal life I would take it. This sounds cheesy, but if I was offered a life like a vampire I would take it. Stronger and more durable, not an eternity of life but prolonged.

Also I've never experienced Lucid Dreaming. Reading about it form you guys it sounded deep and special. I thought it hard, but I don't dream muhc unfortunately. Well everyone dreams, I never remember mine when I wake. Does anyone know how to make yourself realise your dreaming at the stage of sleep in which you dream? Anyway I turned over to my gf and she says " Waking up in your dream is easy, I do it all the time. I was kinda shocked, and she isn't one to lie or exxagerate. So I thought it kind of interesting. She was expaining almost the same type of stuff you were Kayla about waking up in your dream. Ezpecially about if she's dreaming and she realises something isn't right, it's obviously a dream - She wakes herself up IN her dream, not from her dream. I find this kind of hard to grasp. It doesn't make sense to someone who hasn't experienced it, but I believe it. I can sort of understand it but never really, entirely grsp the concept.

#7350 - 04/06/08 11:26 PM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: Sven]
WyntyrZyphyr Offline
stranger

Loc: Kentucky
I would choose a prolonged life until I accomplished everything I wanted to, then by whatever means I was staying alive I'd stop using it.

#7383 - 04/07/08 09:50 AM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: PigFeeder]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
What you were talking about there was poor upbringing not the actual technology. The available enternainment technology has only made it possible for parents to neglect their responsibilities and let the game consoles provide...

And I wouldn't limit a debate about tech to just entertainment machinery. It's after all a very small portion of it.
Think of a pacemaker. It's something that already makes humans cyborgs and has made prolonged life possible.
By the means of technology we can already prolong our lifes even if it's not cybernetic implants, advanced health care equipment has made it possible to better diagnose and treat illnesses that might have meant certain death before.

#7395 - 04/07/08 05:39 PM Re: Prolonged life or natural death? [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Succubus666 Offline

To me it just seems like another scapegoat to blame technology in and of itself for the problems in the world. Money isnít the root of all evil (so to speak), itís the greed that drives people toward it. Even if we didnít have dollar bills, the people who just had to have the most control, the most wealth, the most power and so on would go about getting it via the next available means. Itís the same with technology in the sense that we as individuals have control over how we choose to utilize it. A person can either be responsible, or they can be mindless. Ultimately it isnít the technology that causes the destruction, itís what people choose to do with it that determines the final outcome.
Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 22 queries. Zlib compression disabled.