Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#38827 - 05/27/10 01:31 AM The north korea situation
the earthly duck Offline
stranger

i have seen recently in the news that north Korea bombed a south Korean boat this in turn has brought about south Korean propaganda against NK.
There was also talk about the SK trying to Stop any trade going to NK, regardless our wonderful USA decided to get involved like all ways as if our troops aren't spread thin enough as it is.

so i would like to know what is everyone elses take int this situation.

#38834 - 05/27/10 06:32 AM Re: The north korea situation [Re: the earthly duck]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Nothing is going to happen.
North Korea has nukes, and they are run by a crazy short dude.
America is giving lip service to the situation, but it seems like no one really cares. I don't think anyone wants a repeat of our involvement in the Korean war, with nukes as an option.

M

#38848 - 05/27/10 01:44 PM Re: The north korea situation [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
Adversary Offline
pledge

Can we please just have an inside man kill of that retard and whatever goon would take his place already? Easier said than done.

Edited by Adversary (05/27/10 01:45 PM)

#38851 - 05/27/10 07:01 PM Re: The north korea situation [Re: Adversary]
Wijesin Offline
stranger

NK has the support of China in the Security Council and in other forums. Assassinations are generally frowned upon, and the US or the west would not risk pissing off China that way. No leader of a nation would like to let covert killing of their counterparts get out of hand, for obvious reasons. NK is also potentially so unstable that an assassination may lead to a collapse. Who, then, handles the civilian population? Or the very few nukes they have? SK does not want a desperation-strike, nor do they want to see the NK population starve any more than it already has.

The west may use the documentation that point to NK torpedoing the SK warship as a way to get China to put pressure on NK. China has leverage and a basis of understanding with NK, and concessions that NK gives to China may not be so bad for the NK leader(s) as the same given to the west.

Since torpedoing that boat is such an utterly stupid thing to do, seen with the eyes of the west, it may be that it actually reflects a power-play within the NK leadership. Presumably, defiance against SK, Japan and the west is seen as a way to show determination and courage within the group of people eligible for leadership. An analysis of the (wasteful) use of their tiny and hard-to-replace stock-pile of tiny warheads pointed towards this being an important factor in NK internal goings-on. Same thing here?

Edited by Wijesin (05/27/10 07:03 PM)

#38866 - 05/28/10 09:28 AM Re: The north korea situation [Re: Wijesin]
Adversary Offline
pledge

Quote:
NK is also potentially so unstable that an assassination may lead to a collapse.
What is going to collapse. Their primitive, starving hole of an empire?

Quote:
Who, then, handles the civilian population? Or the very few nukes they have?
The same people that are handling it now...no body. Though with midgit out of power, everyone would probably pour into SK like south americans into California.

#38867 - 05/28/10 11:37 AM Re: The north korea situation [Re: the earthly duck]
Meq Offline
Banned

In case anyone has any doubts as to how fucked-up a country North Korea is, take a look at this map of the Korean peninsula at night:

If that doesn't come across as genuinely terrifying, most likely nothing will...

#38868 - 05/28/10 11:46 AM Re: The north korea situation [Re: Meq]
Adversary Offline
pledge

Oh my god, is that for real?? Holy shit. I guess this is their dark ages, huh? Or have they never left it?
#38869 - 05/28/10 12:24 PM Re: The north korea situation [Re: Adversary]
Meq Offline
Banned

That's real alright.

Not trying to raise a panic, but don't forget, the guy running the whole fiasco has fucking nukes.
The North Korean government claimed to be following a nuclear disarmament program.
Personally I don't believe a word of it.

Of course, you could always consider paying them a visit.
If you don't mind being closely monitored throughout your trip, lest you see something they don't want you to see...

#38872 - 05/28/10 01:28 PM Re: The north korea situation [Re: Meq]
Room 101 Offline

Loc: Scotland
Am I the only one that felt a cold shiver run over their spine?
The sat image sums it up really; a feudal nation with extremely potent weapons.

#38874 - 05/28/10 06:47 PM Re: The north korea situation [Re: Adversary]
Wijesin Offline
stranger

Adversary: NK is currently managed through its insane leadership and entrenched power structure. There is plenty scope for a dramatic collaps. When things get really bad (e.g. widespread starvation), NK gives some concessions and allows help to trickle into the country, something that cannot be done if the power structure disappears overnight. In the diplomatic dance devoted to this, NK acts like a maniac, is thrown a bone, gives an inch, or leaves in a huff, only to return at a later time to start ranting again. This behaviour is tolerated for a reason. NK will probably collapse at some point, but there are many different ways a country can do so. The "pouring" of NK people is one of the things that China and SK are trying to avoid.

#38883 - 05/29/10 01:14 AM Re: The north korea situation [Re: Wijesin]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Makes it easy to just aim for the one bright light. I would assume that is the palace?

I remember the first nuke was nothing more than a fizzle did they pull off an actual detonation?

~T~

#38887 - 05/29/10 01:53 AM Re: The north korea situation [Re: ta2zz]
the earthly duck Offline
stranger

I always wanted to know how it is that our country has always had spooks and no one ever thought to send the badasssssss emphasis on the S, to handle all the malignant leaders, how did bastards like that get the power to begin with anyways, i mean i am not one to judge or anything but im sure many would agree when i say this, I like my life i enjoy breathing lol, Some satanists believe its survival of the fittest out in this world, how can we survive if there is no world, i personally think that with as volatile as that short fuck is its only a matter of time before he gets paranoid and does something stupid.
#38893 - 05/29/10 06:53 AM Re: The north korea situation [Re: the earthly duck]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
You can't just go around offing leaders you don't like anymore. When you play with political situations, you will get burnt.
It's just a matter of trying to make a good decision and not fuck yourself.

After WW II some people said we should have gone in and taken Russia since the rest of the world was in no position to fight us, and then rewrite the map of the world. We didn't

The USA, propped up the Shah of Iran before he was overthrown by the students and radicals. We didn't really do enough when they the students and now current President (alleged) took those hostages at the embassy.

We trained Bin Laden to fight the Russians in Afghanistan.

We already fought the Korean War, and because as Wijean stated shit happened, and we are as we are today.

The Israelies (however you spell it) recently did take out a guy in a foreign country (I can't remember the name of the Arabic nation off hand) with stolen/forged passport documents. Currently, their representatives/diplomats were expelled from at least 2 countries, Australia being one of them.

If North Korea does send nukes, it's going to hit South Korea. There will be fallout, and people will die, but it won't be the end of the world. If anything, it might be for the best, if they kill each other, then China will roll in and have a new place to put their expanding population. I don't think the major nations will start nuking each other because the little short man started it. They are too smart for that.

Morgan

#38903 - 05/29/10 03:29 PM Re: The north korea situation [Re: Morgan]
Shadow Dragon Offline
pledge

Originally Posted By: Morgan
I don't think the major nations will start nuking each other because the little short man started it. They are too smart for that.

Morgan

I think you are over estimating the intelligence of world leaders. Remember, the first world war (one of the bloodiest wars in human history) was started with just an assassination in the Balkans. So I woulnd't doubt a major war starting over a nuke being fired. Particularly when there are US soldiers in S. Korea.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.024 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 27 queries. Zlib compression disabled.