Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#39301 - 06/13/10 08:34 AM Re: Nietzsche... where to start? [Re: ta2zz]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I agree and disagree with several points made here.

First, the mere idea of anyone stating he wants the truth shows a great lack in understanding the very concept of truth. I might have been handy to read Nietzsche on this point but even without him it should be obvious that there is no Truth. Reality can be considered a bio-memetic manifestation and as such; truth will always escape us and what, or how, we perceive will never be more than a manifestation. What Nietzsche talks about is us creating our own truth and act as if it is true very well knowing it isn't.

People thinking they can discover truth somewhere, by either exploration or absorbing different kinds of knowledge, will never come any step closer to truth because all they do is change the memetic representation of their reality. A mind filled with a rather uniform sort of knowledge will be as close to truth as a mind filled with tiny bits about everything. Still, many think that because their views are somewhat different from others that they are closer than them to truth. It shows just how little they know.

I agree that one will not become a better Satanist by studying books and that the real satanic part is happening in life. If, however, one wants to overcome his current self, it is not enough to be natural. Naturals at life act without thinking, reducing them close to an animal-like state. As such, the more retarded one is at the level of consciousness, the more natural one becomes. Most humans however don't suffer this advantage. The memetic part of our reality, or how we interpret that what we perceive, is a social construct. Since childhood we are fed knowledge by others and this will represent itself in our reality. The art is to reshape our own world. Then we go out there and put it into practice. Sitting in a chair reading thick volumes or waving a wand while chanting incantations isn't going to bring anyone power. Power is going out there and acting. If we don't have an impact, on whatever level, we posses no power at all and are by definition subject to others. That's where being satanic is situated.

D.

#39319 - 06/14/10 05:30 AM Re: Nietzsche... where to start? [Re: SubtleSatanist]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Tossing aside the responses of others.
While Nietschze is almost always pushed forwards by people following the Satanic philosophy, he is but a person whose views only show resemblance with the philosophy. Some claim reading his books is almost mandatory for understanding the Satanic philosophy, I say it CAN help to get an understanding but not neccesarily a must-read/know.

[Some like Nietschze for his pretty obvious bashing of various morals and religions. If this is what you are searching for I suggest you'd look up James Randi and other persons whose goal is to deconstruct various myths and claims. (Altough James Randi is not entirely devoted in deconstructing myths but more spreading the message and showing people in the world to watch out for bullshit and the variuos tricks quacks use).]

Nietschze is to be read with the goal of understanding certain constructs/ phallacies on this world and why they are phallacies. It is not some sort of bible which is 100% true, it is but a manual upon which you can learn to think independantly and how to draw the line between reality and bullshit. It learns the reader to think outside the box of man-made morals.

Now, if you aren't the person who is looking for the intellectual bashing of settled morals and seek to understand, I suggest you pick up "twilight of the idols". It is in my opinion (and from others concerning certain reviews) a book which briefly introducts the reader to the ideas and views of Nietschze. Once read and understood you can pick up any book of him (altough I admit it is but an opinion of mine and I had no problems with starting "beyond good and evil" as the first read).

I also would like to share why you'd even asked this question. Looking up his bibliography and reading reviews with this question in the mind is much more easy and equally valid as asking it here. You make the choice in the end and will/shall make your own mind whatever book you have chosen to read first.

#39322 - 06/14/10 09:27 AM Re: Nietzsche... where to start? [Re: Diavolo]
School Bully Offline

Loc: Melbourne

Originally Posted By: Diavolo

People thinking they can discover truth somewhere, by either exploration or absorbing different kinds of knowledge, will never come any step closer to truth because all they do is change the memetic representation of their reality. A mind filled with a rather uniform sort of knowledge will be as close to truth as a mind filled with tiny bits about everything. Still, many think that because their views are somewhat different from others that they are closer than them to truth. It shows just how little they know.

You are wrong, Diavolo. Truth is singular and absolute. Here are my 10 proofs for the existence of universal truth:

1. Triangular sandwiches taste better than square ones.

2. At the end of every party there is always a girl crying.

3. Nobody ever dares make cup-a-soup in a bowl.

4. You never know where to look when eating a banana.

5. You can't respect a man who carries a dog.

6. Rummaging in an overgrown garden will always turn up a bouncy ball.

7. It's impossible to look cool while picking up a Frisbee.

8. The smaller the monkey the more it looks like it would kill you at the first given opportunity.

9. Some days you see lots of people on crutches.

10. Driving through a tunnel makes you feel excited.

"When you’re born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you’re born in America, you get a front row seat." - George Carlin

#39327 - 06/14/10 10:46 AM Re: Nietzsche... where to start? [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
School Bully Offline

Loc: Melbourne
Humorous? Who's being humorous? I'm deadly serious. Nothing I do is petty, thank you.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.