Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#38941 - 05/31/10 02:45 PM Dr. LaVey
cadfael Offline
Banned
stranger

Loc: Tn.
In modernism, can there not be a greater voice than Dr. LaVey. Has he not thru his works liberated the upmost of mankind. Is he not our author? Who could ever dispute his works? Liberation comes in all forms, but Dr. LaVey liberated the man. Thur his works we understand the meaning of life. We understand that man is the greatest evolution. Do we need an omnipresence to dictate our life, our ambitions?
#38942 - 05/31/10 02:55 PM Re: Dr. LaVey [Re: cadfael]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
In modernism, can there not be a greater voice than Dr. LaVey.

Nietschze can be considered as a far greater voice when talking about modernism. His rational and straight-forward views on diverse topics indicate and witness a great deal of Modern thought.

Quote:
Has he not thru his works liberated the upmost of mankind. Is he not our author?

His work is fairly unknown to most of humanity. If it did liberate mankind, then the religious fist in the US would have ceased to exist..

Quote:
Thur his works we understand the meaning of life. We understand that man is the greatest evolution. Do we need an omnipresence to dictate our life, our ambitions?

Do you understand the meaning of life? If so, I would like to hear it. I'll gladly disproof it.
Man is the greatest evolution? Then why is it a biological fact that our spine is not made to walk straight up?
Do we need an omnipresence? Some do, I am quite sure you unconsciously swear to one also..

Stick around and read, you might learn a few things.

#38946 - 05/31/10 03:30 PM Re: Dr. LaVey [Re: Dimitri]
cadfael Offline
Banned
stranger

Point taked and not just yet, check mate. I own mine. do you own yours?
#38956 - 05/31/10 09:35 PM Re: Dr. LaVey [Re: cadfael]
Synyster93 Offline
lurker

Not to take away from LaVey here, but i do feel that i need to mention Ayn Rand when talking about such a topic. A decent amount of LaVey's theories center around a altered version of her philosophy. There is an interesting article on the Church of Satan website discussing the relationship between the two. (Objectivism and Satanism)

I would have to state that LaVey has not influenced a very large amount of people, mainly due hostility from others. I agree with the previous comment about Nietschze, and add that before LaVey, Rand was the next voice and she has reached a larger population with her works.

#38972 - 06/01/10 08:16 AM Re: Dr. LaVey [Re: Synyster93]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

The mentioning of Nietschze was an example to illustrate the flaws in the OP statements.
Nietschze is just one example mentioned, I could also have said Ayn Rand or Twain or Crowley or,...

It is a litlle remark and subtle push to think before writing/making bold claims.

#39133 - 06/06/10 11:53 PM Re: Dr. LaVey [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
Synyster93 Offline
lurker

I agree with what you said, i was not trying to bring LaVey's philosophy or wisdom down by stating that he hasn't influenced the masses. That comment was in response to the previous comment which mentioned that he liberated "the upmost of mankind." I believe that it is the masses fault for not looking into his works and that takes nothing away from LaVey's works, but in fact proves some of the things he states.
#39136 - 06/07/10 03:21 AM Re: Dr. LaVey [Re: Synyster93]
cadfael Offline
Banned
stranger

Modernism "Webster" moderian practices,trends,ideas, etc,or sympathy with any of these. In Modernism he opened the eyes of modern Americans. In the 1960's and 70's, no voice spoke has he did, no one gave such an authority figure as Dr. La Vey. He spoke in his own way, but with authority " Webster" the position of one having such authority. No one in modern America achieved such. Now the world must admit to, the greatest of this man. He spoke and we listened. He not only spoke to the truth, but he spoke to every man's heart.
#39138 - 06/07/10 03:56 AM Re: Dr. LaVey [Re: cadfael]
Harvey Offline
stranger

Quote:
Modernism "Webster" moderian practices,trends,ideas, etc,or sympathy with any of these. In Modernism he opened the eyes of modern Americans. In the 1960's and 70's, no voice spoke has he did, no one gave such an authority figure as Dr. La Vey. He spoke in his own way, but with authority " Webster" the position of one having such authority. No one in modern America achieved such. Now the world must admit to, the greatest of this man. He spoke and we listened. He not only spoke to the truth, but he spoke to every man's heart.

"LaVeyean Satanism" is merely a synthesis of the writers and philosophers that he found most appealing, and a liberal dose of magic for good measure - such was the fashion at the time. The entire thing may well have been nothing more than an ill-conceived money making scheme (which is quite satanic in itself). ;\)

Now, aside from making a few headlines back in the day, and the odd day time TV chat show, the general populace is almost completely ignorant of ASLV & the CoS.

#39140 - 06/07/10 04:05 AM Re: Dr. LaVey [Re: cadfael]
Zophos Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
Pardon the brief and unfortunately off-topic response to what has been such an enjoyable thread, but am I alone in observing that cadfael has yet to deliver a post bearing any sign of meaningful input, contextual hermeneutics, or basic intelligence whatsoever?

Thirteen posts as of this writing, and not one of them has come close.

Z.

#39142 - 06/07/10 04:35 AM Re: Dr. LaVey [Re: Zophos]
cadfael Offline
Banned
stranger

I dont really give a shit as to what you think about me...mu...grow up....your opinion does matter..as to the subject...

He's right, you know. Your posts have little in the way of sense and the grammar is atrocious. Have you tried using a text editing program like Word? It could take care of most of the more glaring grammatical mistakes, at least. As for the content, you seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that there is a low threshold for the content of submitted posts. Please participate in a constructive manner or don't participate at all.

Suggestion: think about what you would like to say with a post and then say it. Don't just spin your wheels in the hope that people will approve.

Edited by MawhrinSkel (06/07/10 05:09 AM)
Edit Reason: Warning.

#39161 - 06/07/10 04:21 PM Re: Dr. LaVey [Re: cadfael]
Zophos Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
It seems that cadfael was right: "[My] opinion does matter."

Good riddance.

Z.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.