Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#38967 - 06/01/10 06:27 AM Satanic Wedding
trickstar Offline
lurker

Hello everyone..

This is my first post and probably my initial reason for signing up to this forum. I have a question for you all and something I need help with.. Are any of you having a Satanic Wedding or had one? I'm looking for some ideas and would really appreciate all of your help and advise that you could offer.

T.

#38969 - 06/01/10 06:49 AM Re: Satanic Wedding [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
trickstar Offline
lurker

Wow, that's awesome. Thanks MawhrinSkel, have any members here had wedding experience that they could share?
#38970 - 06/01/10 06:51 AM Re: Satanic Wedding [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
Jake999 Offline

The wedding in the video was between John Raymond and Judith Case, back in 1967. It was before my time, and I never saw a formalized wedding ritual script while at the Black House, which is probably as it should be. (I also have to admit that it was something I never really looked for.)

I would imagine that the best of all Satanic wedding rituals would be highly personalized, with the bride and groom coming up with vows that would be meaningful to them as Satanists and as individuals. Perhaps they might believe more in a marriage that last "as long as there is love," rather than "til death do us part." Maybe they want other ideas incorporated... open marriage, the idea of a marriage based on carnality, rather than love... it could be anything. A formalized ritual would be hard to nail down in respect to a concept as fluid as "love and marriage."

#38971 - 06/01/10 07:00 AM Re: Satanic Wedding [Re: Jake999]
trickstar Offline
lurker

Hmm, very good points... I wish I knew someone else having one that I could go see to get some ideas. Also any members on here that I could chat to about their experiences or what they did / going to do for their rituals. That video is great but any other examples would be welcomed!

T.

#38974 - 06/01/10 10:47 AM Re: Satanic Wedding [Re: trickstar]
Adversary Offline
pledge

Quote:
a marriage that last "as long as there is love,"
I like that a lot Jake. That is a very good point. Something like that speaks volumes to a long lasting relationship. So often when two want to split ways does someone hold over their head "but you said..." Much better to split if the love is gone, then for me to have to make the news.

#38976 - 06/01/10 12:22 PM Re: Satanic Wedding [Re: trickstar]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
The official Church of Satan wedding ceremony is Appendix #47 of my The Church of Satan. Note that this was to be considered a "skeleton", to which couples were encouraged to add as they wished.

I once suggested to ASLV that we balance it out with an official divorce ceremony, but he laughed and said the Church already had plenty of curse rituals.

#38978 - 06/01/10 02:00 PM Re: Satanic Wedding [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Jake999 Offline

If Dr. Aquino has no objections, I've taken the liberty of cutting and pasting here.

"Appendix 47: Satanic Wedding Ceremony
- by Anton Szandor LaVey

The ceremony is opened according to the basic sequence in the Satanic Bible.

Following the Opening of the Gate, the bride and groom are brought forward.

Priest: In the name of the all-powerful manifestation of Satan I greet ye this night of
nights. These walls are become a chamber wherein the fruition of this courtship
might be recognized. Each of you, in your own fashion, hath bestowed the
wizardry of enchantment upon the other and, having done so, desires a
solemnization of this prowess. Think not lightly upon thy accomplishment, for
honest desire which craveth lasting devotion is not always fulfilled. By the
strength of your love and the substance of your selves, you have commenced
unto this union. As each creature upon the Earth seeketh completion, so your
halves are now made whole. May the creatures of the Earth join with us this
night and sing praises wherever life and love abound.

Priestess:I ask you, [name of groom], is this your choice of woman, made with all the
thought and desire of your being, and cast within the likeness of your dreams?

Groom: [Response. May be a simple affirmative or a longer personal statement.]

Priestess:I ask you, [name of bride], is this your choice of man, made with all the thought and desire of your being, and cast within the likeness of your dreams?

Bride: [Response. May be a simple affirmative or a longer personal statement.]

Priest: Let the ring be placed.

As lovers and as mates you stand before me, then, and by your intentions you
have cast your vows. I therefore solemnize this union in the name of the Lord of
the Earth, whose Priest I am, and in Satan’s ineffable name I proclaim you
husband and wife. May all the joys of the world be yours, and may your love
grow stronger with each passing day. Embrace and be as one. [As they do so,
Priest recites the Second Enochian Key.]

The ceremony is closed according to the basic sequence in the Satanic Bible."

#38987 - 06/01/10 11:29 PM Re: Satanic Wedding [Re: Jake999]
School Bully Offline

Loc: Melbourne
A solemn vow; a pledge freely given and made in the name of Satan is eternal in my book. It can never be rescinded. Besides only a weak man marries for love; and a weaker man for lust.

Money grows stronger as the body grows weaker. See the rich old man with his trophy wife and know that there is no fool like an old fool.

#39019 - 06/02/10 09:52 PM Vive la Différence! [Re: School Bully]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: School Bully
A solemn vow; a pledge freely given and made in the name of Satan is eternal in my book. It can never be rescinded. Besides only a weak man marries for love; and a weaker man for lust.

Well, of course we men have a very mature outlook on women.

Quote:
Money grows stronger as the body grows weaker. See the rich old man with his trophy wife and know that there is no fool like an old fool.

The ladies phrase this slightly differently ...

#39021 - 06/02/10 10:44 PM Re: Vive la Différence! [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
School Bully Offline

Yes indeed Michael. Women are certainly smarter than the man will ever be. And just like Marilyn Monroe they are never as tough as they make out and never as weak as they appear. Romance should never lose its mystery. But I think men and women both arrive at the same destination in marriage: disappointment. I think it was Samuel Johnson who when told that a friend was getting married for a second time quipped that that simply represented the triumph of hope over experience.

#39024 - 06/03/10 12:15 AM Re: Vive la Différence! [Re: School Bully]
School Bully Offline

So, in conclusion and to get back to the point at hand, in my book, a full Satanic ceremony should only be undertaken for those who pledge to put into the world little devils and who should not be considered as a consequence whether expected or otherwise of sexual pleasure. Little devils need an envirnoment that is supportive, loving and nurturing so each can reach his/her full potential. It is a commitment made by a man and woman to Satan. A sacred union that binds them to the Prince of Darkness forever. It is not something for ill-disciplined white trash to indulge in. To have half a dozen kids to half a dozen partners simply shows a low opinion of yourself. It's not surprising you live in a trailer park. Your kids will follow your own example. To these belong the religion of Christ. The religion of pity. So your partner must be freely but carefully chosen. And each party must be fully aware of what is expected.

Nobody completely leaves this world and even in your children you leave something of yourself behind that cannot be bought or sold.

#39053 - 06/04/10 07:01 AM Re: Satanic Wedding [Re: trickstar]
mattie Offline
pledge

Loc: Lat: 36.081, Lon: -96.179
I agree with all the comments here, the best ritual is one that is highly personalized. We wanted ours to be fun and campy, so we could invite close friends who were non-satanists. Ours was a costume party, we held it in a grove on halloween night, we made big banners, lit fires and sacrificed a baby-shaped cake.

We lifted most of our ritual from one of my favorite movies, Dracula A.D. 1972 The ritual starts at about 8:30 and continues on in the next part.

We also cherry-picked some parts of Dr. Lavey's ritual and Peter Gilmore's Satanic Scriptures.

Visible in the photo are the best man, maid of honor and our priest.

We achieved our goals for the wedding, we had fun, we created a good halloween scare, and we confessed our love in front of our closest friends and family.

#39054 - 06/04/10 07:13 AM Re: Satanic Wedding [Re: mattie]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: mattie
We achieved our goals for the wedding, we had fun, we created a good halloween scare, and we confessed our love in front of our closest friends and family.

Seems to me that you couldn't ask for much more. Sorry I missed it.

#39058 - 06/04/10 11:39 AM Re: Satanic Wedding [Re: Jake999]
mattie Offline
pledge

Loc: Lat: 36.081, Lon: -96.179
 Originally Posted By: Jake999
Seems to me that you couldn't ask for much more. Sorry I missed it.

Agreed. We'll invite you out if we ever "renew our vows". \:\)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 27 queries. Zlib compression disabled.