Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#392 - 09/17/07 11:43 AM Question.
rottingteeth Offline
stranger

from what I understand, Satanism comes down to open-mindedness. it embraces both light (awareness) and dark (unawareness) as necessary for existence. it advocates the conversion of dark to light, but acknowledges that there will always be darkness.

am I right in saying that? if so, then I consider myself a satanist.

Edited by rottingteeth (09/17/07 11:43 AM)

#400 - 09/17/07 05:21 PM Re: Question. [Re: rottingteeth]
Meph Offline
stranger

Loc: Huntington, Indiana
There is no real definition about what exactly a Satanist is, because there are so many varieties. Everybody has their own specific outlook on everything. The open mindedness, I think, is universal, I'm sure we've all been preached at some time or another in our lifetimes, and obviously resisted it. Satanism, to me anyways, is about putting yourself above all the rest.

If others are happy just coasting through life accepting what others tell them, that's fine, but it's not for me. -- That statement is what describes Satanism best, for me. I am sure others will disagree, and that's what makes things interesting.

#402 - 09/17/07 05:44 PM Re: Question. [Re: Meph]
rottingteeth Offline
stranger

Quote:
If others are happy just coasting through life accepting what others tell them, that's fine, but it's not for me. -- That statement is what describes Satanism best, for me.

that's exactly what I was saying, just worded another way. open-mindedness, not just accepting what other people tell you, but questioning everything. anyone can be close-minded, though, no matter what they choose to call themselves.

I've chosen to call myself a satanist for a few reasons...one is because it doesn't matter what I call myself, I know I have an open mind and that's all that matters. and no matter what I choose to call myself, there will inevitably be some group of people that will get offended. (christians will be offended that I call myself a satanist, atheists get offended when someone calls themself a christian. someone always gets offended.) another reason is because satan is associated with indulgence, and I believe it's important to have fun in life, to indulge. you don't have to hurt people to do that. if you know what you're doing, everyone is happy in the end.

christianity is too associated with abstinence. they seem to think that they must be miserable in this life in order to get to heaven. they've also become (or have they always been?) the exact opposite of what they should be. they are hateful and destructive, but believe they are right. okay, I'm going to stop ranting now...thanks for the reply.

#406 - 09/17/07 06:10 PM Re: Question. [Re: rottingteeth]
Meph Offline
stranger

Satanist, Christian, Jew, Muslim... they're all just labels. The only thing that matters is what you believe, and even that only matters to yourself. As long as you're comfortable with it, I say go for it. I don't call myself a Satanist, I say I am myself. If I say I'm a Satanist, then I have to elaborate what kind of Satanist I am, much like with the Christians having their Lutherans, Baptists, Catholics, and so forth. Frankly it just doesn't matter that much to me. Everybody has their own individual outlook on everything, and that applies all the way down to how you interpret each word I write, I may mean it one way, and you could go in a totally opposite direction with it, and that's how it should be. We'll all find out how right we really were one day.
#430 - 09/18/07 08:34 AM Re: Question. [Re: Meph]
Sliver Offline
stranger

Loc: Georgia, USA
I have to agree with Meph. All of it is a label, and none of it describes *you* any more than the label on your pants describe you. The reason most of us flock to these satanic forums is to be able to share ideas, beliefs, and stray thoughts with people that we know are open-minded enough to not think we are trying to convert them, or that feel they need to "save us" from such radical thoughts.
#441 - 09/18/07 02:17 PM Re: Question. [Re: rottingteeth]
Draculesti Offline
Impaler

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
The "nobility of suffering" is a ridiculous concept, one that made me leave the Christian fold long ago, though even when I was growing up and naively faithful, I never felt religiously inclined. There is no nobility in suffering. Though Christians often witness suffering with their own eyes, the will of the Creator is the excuse they give for the condition of many of those suffering. They use the excuse that life is fleeting and the afterlife is for eternity, and so the condition of the soul is of paramount importance. Notice, though, how many who feel that suffering is the key to the gate of heaven, are reluctant to place themselves in a situation of suffering unless they have already found themselves in such a position. Asceticism is, as far as I know, a thing of the past.

You cannot please everyone, so don't waste your time trying. Please yourself, instead.

Homo Homini Lupus

#442 - 09/18/07 02:41 PM Re: Question. [Re: Draculesti]
Meph Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Draculesti
You cannot please everyone, so don't waste your time trying. Please yourself, instead.

Amen (had to throw in some irony), that's all anyone really needs to know...

#451 - 09/18/07 11:52 PM Re: Question. [Re: Meph]
rottingteeth Offline
stranger

don't they realize that if they suffer, others suffer too? if they were completely selfless, and gave every last bit of themselves to others, it would lead to their destruction. if everyone were completely selfless, everyone would give every last bit of energy up for others, but no one would take anything, and they would all die. the same goes for complete selfishness, it is destructive.

if you are somewhere in the middle, but don't have a perfect balance, it is possible to survive, but you will have problems. if you find the perfect balance, 50% selflessness and 50% selfishness, you can be fully happy and productive and have no suffering.

I was born into a christian family and brought up as a christian, and I knew it had some good in it, or potential, but it was surrounded by fear and worry and stress. that is because christianity leans too far on selflessness. I also thought that satanists were about being completely selfish, and I thought that if it were really all about themselves, why weren't they always killing others? if they really had all that hate, why didn't they all kill themselves as well? that's ridiculous, everyone knows (or they should know...)that when you hurt others, it hurts you. if you destroy others it will lead to your destruction.

I thought Satanism was about pride. thinking YOU are all that matters. but without others, how can you even exist? you can't. you MUST acknoweledge others.

christianity has something right. selflessness is definitely important...

but Satanism has something right, too, selfishness is also important.

I think, at their core, you find the same truth. God is just associated by more with selflessness (which is considered "good") and Satan is associated by more with selfishness (which is considered "evil"). but both are absolutely necessary.

I've chosen personally to call this balance Satan because he represents, to me, indulgence. fun. we're supposed to have fun in life and enjoy it, and I think (the majority of) christians try to practice too much abstinence. they are also close-minded, which hurts others, though they may not realize it.

Edited by rottingteeth (09/18/07 11:55 PM)

#467 - 09/19/07 07:55 AM Re: Question. [Re: rottingteeth]
Albert Offline
lurker

I admire men like vlad the dracula,adolf hitler ,idi amin,can you make me that great?
#469 - 09/19/07 09:32 AM Re: Question. [Re: Albert]
Sliver Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: Albert
I admire men like vlad the dracula,adolf hitler ,idi amin,can you make me that great?

And here is another of those fools that make the rest of us look bad. Do us all a favor Albert, go hang yourself.

#472 - 09/19/07 11:03 AM Re: Question. [Re: Sliver]
MaggotFaceMoe Offline

Loc: Finland
Quite readily you pass judgement on others... It maybe not be wise to go out and shout "I'm a Satanist and admire murderous dictators!" as in that aspect I understand why it would further tarnish the public image of Satanists but what is it to you who admires whom?
I also admire some of Hitlers attributes and his great prowess, and there are a lot of others too. Some people just know what they want and how to get it.

Should I go hang myself now?

#473 - 09/19/07 11:29 AM Re: Question. [Re: MaggotFaceMoe]
Sliver Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: MaggotFaceMoe
Quite readily you pass judgement on others... It maybe not be wise to go out and shout "I'm a Satanist and admire murderous dictators!" as in that aspect I understand why it would further tarnish the public image of Satanists but what is it to you who admires whom?
I also admire some of Hitlers attributes and his great prowess, and there are a lot of others too. Some people just know what they want and how to get it.

Should I go hang myself now?

There are some qualities that each of those people have that can be seen as admirable, and that is not my argument for Albert.

My beef with Albert is the fact that he just signed up for the forum and made (at that time at least, I have not rechecked the fact) just the one post. This one post was completely off topic, and certainly seems quite out of place with the rest of the discussion. Now, taking all that data into account, and thinking about the people that would do searches trying to link Satanists and Nazis or Mass Murders, posts like this make the rest of us look bad.

As your post shows, when all the data is not made available, things can be taken out of context quite easily. In my post, I suggested he hang himself for admiring someone, which to most that read it likely makes me sound like a closed minded fool. But looking at his post, and the names he invokes, and his history on this forum, my suggestion of him hanging himself is made only so that we may not have to deal with him on the forums.

#476 - 09/19/07 02:05 PM Re: Question. [Re: Albert]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
 Originally Posted By: Albert

Poor Albert getting your throat handed back to you so quickly...

All of the men you mention came to a not so great demise... While all had some great leadership qualities, their stupidity shows itself in their treatment of people who willfully follow them...

So I ask you would you stand to be greater than those you mention or are you just here pulling our virtual cocks...

Heads up: You are the only person that can make yourself great...

Good luck...

#478 - 09/19/07 03:41 PM Re: Question. [Re: ta2zz]
rottingteeth Offline
stranger

haha, you guys are awesome, so sensible. I'm glad I joined this forum.

#667 - 09/26/07 02:30 PM Re: Question. [Re: rottingteeth]
Draculesti Offline
Impaler

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
 Quote:
if they were completely selfless, and gave every last bit of themselves to others, it would lead to their destruction.
Look at what happened to Christ!

Few can deny that there are good aspects of Christianity. However, there is a difference between "goodwill towards your fellow man" and laying yourself out like a rug to be trod upon, which I believe was the gist of what you were trying to say about "balance." If you are familiar with the Satanic Bible, you will no doubt recognize the quote "Kindness to those who deserve it." That, more than any other, was the tenet that "clicked" with me. This doesn't mean that you just merely decide upon meeting a person whether they deserve it or not based on a snap judgement. Ostensibly, Satanism appears "cruel," but in reality it is not so. We don't bite the heads of off people because we automatically think of them as undeserving. It is only after they have proven whether they are the deserving kind that we ultimately decide (or at least it is that way for me).

The most wonderfully, deliciously twisted aspect of Christianity is, if you will notice, that selflessness is not without its ulterior motives. Selflessness in Christianity is likened to giving a donation to Goodwill for a tax write-off. "I do something good for someone else and that makes me look just a little bit better in God's eyes. If I do enough, why I might even get into heaven!" That is why I despise missionary work. Missionaries are sent to third-world countries on a "goodwill" mission for hunger relief, innoculations, etc. However, in return these people must suffer indoctrination in the Christian faith. Many cultures have been wiped out (though the people of that culture often remain) because the old ways were usurped by Christendom. It is merely Christian imperialism (disguised as charity) only in this day and age, it is unlawful to invade and conquer with swords and make the people choose between annihilation or conversion.

Still, I happen to think that selflessness with ulterior motives is, rather than something to be associated with "evil," it is something to be associated with just being human. I'm not Christian, but very often (not always) I'll find myself wondering "what is in this for me?" Even when I think this, I don't always ask for or expect anything in return, but the thought is still there. The difference with Christianity is, according to doctrine, they are not supposed to think/feel this way and, yet, there it is! This only further illustrates that basic human impulses are seen as disgraceful in the eyes of Christianity. Christianity is, at its core, corrupt, which can lead to the corruption of the faithful, because perfectly natural basic human impulses must be denied in order to be faithful with the doctrine propounded by the Bible. It is enough to make a person go mad.

Selflessness/selfishness, as you can see, are in a sort of tandem relationship (I think I'm just reiterating what you said, just with different words). It is neither Satanic nor Christian, it is just human.

Homo Homini Lupus

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.