Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#39263 - 06/12/10 02:59 AM Russian Town Bans Metal Shows
School Bully Offline

Loc: Melbourne

In a move that echoes the anti-hard rock campaign of Tipper Gore's Parents Music Resource Center (they're those folks who are responsible for those "parental advisory" labels on CDs), the Russian town of Belgorod has banned heavy metal.

The order comes from Vladimir Shatilo, head of the Belgorod Consumer Market. Basically, he has issued a request to the various restaurants, bars and venues in the city to not hold metal concerts, in order to preserve "the spiritual safety of the Belgorod region," citing a study by the Serbsky Insitute which showed that hard rock is "ideologically destructive."

"I am not familiar with such music myself but we have been asked to head off any satanic activity," he told the Kommersant, according to Britain's Telegraph newspaper.

"The parents of youngsters who attended such events would never forgive us for [allowing] the performances of people interested in satanic ideology."

Perhaps Shatilo does not realize the greatest song ever written about Glasnost was by '80s metal band The Scorpions.

Shatilo tried to defer blame, claiming he was acting on the request of Governor Yevgeny Savchenko, according to the Telegraph. He in turn has denied specifically ordering metal to be banned, and has issued a statement claiming he is just concerned that not enough is being done to curb delinquency.

Local metalheads and club owners have declared that they will continue to keep on rockin' in the free world, and will protest the policy with a series of metal shows throughout the city.

One club owner told the Kommersant that he would continue holding metal shows and any government officials who tried to stop him would receive a "punch in the face."

Belogrod made headlines earlier this year for introducing fines for public swearing, placing restrictions on the number of people who can be on the town's dance floors and protesting Valentine's Day.

http://www.chartattack.com/news/83521/russian-town-bans-metal-shows

#39264 - 06/12/10 03:35 AM Re: Russian Town Bans Metal Shows [Re: School Bully]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: School Bully

In a move that echoes the anti-hard rock campaign of Tipper Gore's Parents Music Resource Center (they're those folks who are responsible for those "parental advisory" labels on CDs), the Russian town of Belgorod has banned heavy metal.

I was going to say something about you actually thinking this but then I realized your simply parroting what you read. Nice cut and paste job.

NEXT

~T~

#39266 - 06/12/10 04:24 AM Re: Russian Town Bans Metal Shows [Re: ta2zz]
School Bully Offline

Loc: Melbourne
That's why it has the link right at the bottom where the writing stops, so the 'tards don't need to make some pointless comment about how easily confused they get. Doesn't seem to work though, does it...

#39292 - 06/12/10 11:48 PM Re: Russian Town Bans Metal Shows [Re: School Bully]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Last I checked it was only the newbs that copy/pasted news articles here, simply parroting what they read like so many on facebook and twitter. Last I looked this was a forum for debate you know you post your thoughts and ideas to see if they hold up against the others.

In other words, you've been here long enough please don't act like you didn't know any better. Cut and paste jobs with little to no input from the poster are generally frowned upon here.

Originally Posted By: School Bully

Since you parroted these words commonsense tells us that you somehow agree with what you have read and posted. If you didn't you would have said so.

So you feel banning a type of music can in any way be compared to a parental warning label?

Do the laws in Russia effect people much in the land down under?

~T~

#39297 - 06/13/10 02:16 AM Re: Russian Town Bans Metal Shows [Re: ta2zz]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: ta2zz
Cut and paste jobs with little to no input from the poster are generally frowned upon here.

Well shut my mouth and call me silly. By the looks of the other two threads, bully it seems you might have found your new niche here. ;\)

~T~

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.