Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#39508 - 06/23/10 04:55 AM On the virtues of being an ASSHOLE
Meq Offline
Banned

I just saw this sweet video on the virtues of being a blunt, hurtful asshole, and thought I'd share.

While I can't say I aspire to such brutal honesty all the time, particularly when it can impede real life success - this does provide some entertaining food for thought on the virtues of straight-shooting VS pandering to fragile egos:

#39509 - 06/23/10 05:05 AM Re: On the virtues of being an ASSHOLE [Re: Meq]
Wake Offline
pledge

Loc: Australia
Sweet video, Meq. That guy really hit the nail on the head.

#39541 - 06/24/10 02:13 AM Re: On the virtues of being an ASSHOLE [Re: Wake]
Knievel74 Offline

Loc: NY
Great video. This guy said it the way it should be.

I can't tell you how many times in my life I was asked my opinion on something - when it comes to relationships - and I totally padded my answer to spare their feelings. And I've always regretted it.

But there's also a way to be completely honest without putting your own position in jeopardy. Be totally honest, but diplomatic.

But yeah. More people NEED to be completely honest with each other. It saves a lot of unnecessary bullshit in the end.

#39632 - 06/28/10 02:17 PM Re: On the virtues of being an ASSHOLE [Re: Meq]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I seldom lie to spare another persons feelings; I do it to further my own interests. Sure, sparing their feelings could be seen as serving my own interests but if there is nothing to be gained then I tell it like it is. I have always been a very honest and blunt person and if I don't like you for any reason I will not hesitate to make that known - unless there is something in it for me.

I would also expect nothing less from anyone else. If you are constantly lying to keep from hurting someone's feelings you are really only doing them a disservice by increasing the time it takes them to figure out that they need to better themselves in some way or another.

#39638 - 06/28/10 04:37 PM Re: On the virtues of being an ASSHOLE [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Room 101 Offline

Loc: Scotland
What an asshole! \:\)

There are few things i disagree about here, but, all in all, not a bad vid.

#39728 - 07/01/10 05:21 AM Re: On the virtues of being an ASSHOLE [Re: Room 101]
Phobos Offline
pledge

Loc: France
There is no "virtue" here. This is just a guy with a shitty haircut who is blathering about his lack of charisma. Any 14-year-old can build such a wonderful and inspiring discourse about "F* the world, I'm a bitch and I'm totally awesome".

#76398 - 05/17/13 06:26 PM Re: On the virtues of being an ASSHOLE [Re: Phobos]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
Hmmm the video appears to have been removed. If we were to write the virtues of being an Asshole, what would they be? I've participated in a similar discussion called "The Asshole Identification Kit".

In order to start as an interesting perspective topic we'd have to first define what it means to be an asshole. From there, we can kick it around to see what the participants come up with.

That can be an interesting process in itself. Do you think we can come up with a consensus on what it means to be an Asshole?

Game?

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, TV is God, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.