Page 13 of 91 « First<1112131415>Last »
Topic Options
#13433 - 10/25/08 01:45 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: BlacKAcRE66]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I recently had an amusing experience I think would fit in with the theme of this thread. My girlfriends little sister was over for a visit recently. At some point she went to the bathroom, and I guess she was a bit confounded when she saw my Satanic Bible sitting by the can.
"Last time I was here, there was a 'normal bible' sitting there, and now I see this!" she exclaimed, at some point. That came after though.

First came her, into my Den, asking "Dan, are you a Satanist?"
Now the thing about her, is that she is a born again christian. Did I mention that?
So even though I was caught a bit off guard (I think I was playing Crysis or something), I still had the presense of mind to give my 'stock' answer to that question.
"Well, I don't worship the devil. Does that answer your question?"
Of course, it didn't. "So you're an Atheist??" She seemed almost more horrified by this idea than the idea I might worship the devil.
"well, as far as cosmology is concerned, I guess I am"

Blank..horrified stare. "So you believe in NOTHING?"

Big smile. "Not at all. I believe in myself"

Horrified stare, conversation ends, 15 mins later she leaves quite quietly.

#13436 - 10/25/08 02:36 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dan_Dread]
BlacKAcRE66 Offline
pledge

Loc: California
I think you handled that situation rather well Dan. Kudos to you.

Its not worth getting into an argument with these people, when you already have the power to control them if they do not want to see the "Real Truth". What empowers you is their own dogma which can be used against them.

#13450 - 10/25/08 07:31 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dan_Dread]
BlacKAcRE66 Offline
pledge

Loc: California
I would like to also add, you don't want to bother with arguing especially if the person is your girlfriend's sister...

Cheers

#13470 - 10/26/08 11:41 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: memphischick]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
Yes it may be wrong. But I look at it like this, she set herself up for the treatment on her own. If she would've never said anything she (most likely) wouldn't be being treated the was she is currently. It was her fault and she brought this upon herself. So (in my opinion) she got what she deserved because of her lack of judgement.

#13506 - 10/27/08 07:43 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Ringmaster]
AnOpenHand Offline
stranger

Loc: England
What can you do? You know any sort of discussion with anyone who thinks they can be BORN AGAIN<<weird concept<< about the validity of Satanism is generally going nowhere and a trap in itself. Why waste your breath or cause her unnesscary distress?
So I'll second that however tempting it is to go for the cheap thrills of showing the wolf beneath the lamb suit, inevitably it'll only be detrimental to yourself...
You spoke to her since Dan?

#13520 - 10/27/08 12:16 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: AnOpenHand]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I don't anticipate our relationship will change that much, as she already found me a little 'scary'. (Oddly enough, despite being very well spoken and polite, I get that a lot)

Honestly I think she was more upset the next day when she found out her sister was a ...gasp..Atheist. That sort of took the focus off of me. \:\)

#13571 - 10/28/08 12:07 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Dan_Dread]
AnOpenHand Offline
stranger

Loc: England
wow sounds like she's had a rough week!
just realised i was breaking the thou shalt not one leave one liners thing.
My grandparents are are kinda bemusedly unnerved by my internet history I guess. Thats the only trail I leave that betrays my beliefs. My nan has stated that it doesn't suprise her. I mean I was lucky that they're not in the slightest religious let alone christian. They'd still love me no matter what I did so I'm able to go about my business as I wish without any cloak or dagger stuff. Not that my business requires it really.
I'm not really a massively social person as in having loads of friends. Just my man really we've used being homeless as an excuse to travel, spent the last few years completely free on one hand living in the woods and on beaches, then being in the chains of heroin on the other hand. A strange mix. But that all came to a head and I've emerged from feeling empowered like never before. Don't know why I spouted all that. Not a one liner now!

Edited by AnOpenHand (10/28/08 12:53 PM)

#13826 - 11/03/08 10:59 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
mondomon Offline
stranger

Loc: washington
I am a Satanist in public, though I am not one to go around telling everyone as if bragging. If the topic of beliefs or religion comes up I am willing to join in the conversation and inform people of what I believe. It is strange that people will openly accept and respect most peoples religions but whenever it happens to be Satanism they shake there head as if ashamed of you. Many of my friends are Christian and whenever one finds out that I am Satanist they think I am crazy, yet when they take the time to learn what Satanism stands for they all begin to accept and respect it.

#14576 - 11/17/08 04:54 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
yussuf Offline
stranger

Loc: Australia
 Originally Posted By: dark_wind
If you're reading this, you're probably a Satanist. But do you admit it? Does your family know? How about your friends? Or maybe you're the sort of person who wears a giant pentagram on their shirt for the world to see. You could say I'm in the closet, as nobody knows of my religion. I'm wondering, how do you think people would react if I told them?

that's a very good question \:\)

i do admit that i'm a satanist if people ask i guess

however my family doesn't know and since i already know what will happen to me if they find out..i don't think i want that to happen..

my friends do know and they accept me

i don't wear a huge Pentagram on my shirt - just subtle hints.

depending on your family, friends and such wear them if you want - it's all about how you feel - if you don't think it's the time than don't however atleast try to find some people in your area that are also practicing satanists it will help you incase your friends reject you and believe me some might reject the whole idea because they are ignorant to understand your views.

#15095 - 11/29/08 09:39 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Jaguar]
Fabiano Offline

Yesterday I had a long conversation with my mom. I made allusions to Satanism as I felt it was the good moment to do it.

At the end of the conversation, I clearly said I was a Satanist, we discussed about vengeance and she changed her mind during the chat. She finally admitted she revenged and she was ok with it.

I'm happy to have a so opened-minded mom. Quite rare for a 76 years old person...

#15162 - 11/30/08 12:22 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Jaguar]
Picunnus Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
I live it 24/7 but don't take the trouble to EXPLAIN it to everyone I encounter. I'm not the walking billboard for anything - I don't wear legible apparel.

#15200 - 11/30/08 07:45 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Picunnus]
Chelsea_Grin Offline
pledge

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Like most everyone has said on here, I am a Satanist, whether it be in public or in my own house. I don't shake hands with everyone I meet and say, "Hello, I'm Chels, I'm a Satanist." but I have no problem telling someone who asks me. If a discussion about religion starts up and it's appropriate timing, I'll talk about it. I don't deck out in pentagrams just to leave my house, although I own a few articles of clothing displaying them...and wearing them often brings with it the question, "Are you a Satanist?" and then I happily answer any questions they may ask.
There have been a few times where upon answering the previous question, people either just walk away or drill me with preachings of Christianity...which is quite amusing. I've found that when I am openly a Satanist in public, it just proves how ignorant the majority of people from God-based religions are. (Ignorant in the sense of being completely close minded, and often not knowing their religion well enough to defend themselves in a religious debate, while at the same time believing they have the authority to criticize me for my own religion, of which they know nothing.)

#15201 - 11/30/08 07:59 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Chelsea_Grin]
blsk Offline

Loc: salem or
Very well put Chelsea. I have found even I can defend christianity better than some christians can; laughable at best.

I sometimes wrestle with wondering when it is inappropriate to mention my being satanist. For example in the event it keeps me from some sort of "gain." Though I hate to keep quiet when asked my stance on "faith" and the like. Ah well, as is life I guess.

#15224 - 12/01/08 06:37 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: blsk]
Picunnus Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
 Originally Posted By: blsk
I have found even I can defend christianity better than some christians can; laughable at best.

I think that's pretty common - it seems that the more you know about xianity, the more likely you are to stray from the fold. I think most of the sheep don't actually try to understand their religion. When you start examining things, they fall apart rapidly.
I had a bit of a run-in this summer with my mate's mother. She didn't like some of the things I shared about the Catholic church on a family trip to the county fair. Granted, I forgot she was raised Catholic, but I wasn't being inflammatory. Just sharing what I thought were interesting facts about the history of that church - won't do that again!!!
This is why I don't talk religion or politics with anyone it's important for me to remain on friendly terms with.

#15233 - 12/01/08 07:26 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Picunnus]
blsk Offline

Loc: salem or
Very good. That was kinda what I was touching on in my previous post. As my example, there is a girl whose father, I am realizing, I may need to "meet." He is a religious figure in his church. Very active. They are a close family as most try to appear to be, and "daddys approval" means a lot since they spend a lot of time together. I KNOW the subject will come up. I will not lie and play jesus lover to appease the meeting as it will become a dead-skin mask I will have to wear every time he and I are around each other. But I don't know quite how to get it out without it becoming a Springer show. Should you say anything short of god talk it will not be accepted with open arms as is the norm. Seems I have painted myself into the corner AGAIN. Oh well, whatever drama ensues will be of his making. I'll play the good guy peace keeper, and try to cast myself in the best light as possible...fuck it.

Edited by blsk (12/01/08 07:29 AM)

Page 13 of 91 « First<1112131415>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.005 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.