Page 65 of 90 « First<6364656667>Last »
Topic Options
#58948 - 09/07/11 06:52 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Satan is le puss]
Oxus Offline

LOL . . . excellent! We've been spammed by Pat Robertson!!
#58971 - 09/08/11 12:34 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
Kyleshell Offline
stranger

Loc: england, gloucestershire
I don't believe in hiding anything... I'm open about it, yes some people peg me as abnormal but the reply I always give... How do you define "Normal"

If people stereotype normal as the average guy who works 9 to 5, comes home to his wife and kids before going down the local pub, then they need to wake up.

Some of the supposedly abnormal people are the most compassionate people you can meet.

Its their choice if they believe in Satanism.

Edited by Kyleshell (09/08/11 12:35 PM)

#58973 - 09/08/11 01:04 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Kyleshell]
Ses Offline
stranger

Loc: Bucks, England
It defines what you mean by public. Do i go down the street announcing it? No, but I do however wear an inverted Pentagram over my clothes on a simple silver chain to show my inclination towards the Left hand path. With regards to if my friends and family know. I go under the Don't ask don't tell. My friends & girlfriend know who I am and what I believe. With regards to my parents I think they've probably clocked on with the amount of literature that turned up in my room.
#59015 - 09/09/11 11:59 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Hegesias]
Latvian Offline

Loc: EU, Latvia, Riga (old town)

Originally Posted By: Hegesias
...I don't wear Satanism on my arm. I am just a man who has very different priorities. Somebody who has never moved with the times.
Sometimes I think I'm not so stable in my views. I'm changing all time. My past knowledge, even yesterday’s views have been changed with today's knowledge and maybe it will not fit me more tomorrow or in the next week. I do mistakes and accept my mistakes, I found them even useful, because I have had some lesson.

In the course of life I’ve learn not to run and climb some very special opinion. I am Laveyan Satanist, but not legalistic – I am like water, which flows – I’ve always in change and I get through…

I learn a lot in the 600 Club and during the time, when I’m here I have changed some of my views and some of previous truths I’ve left in the past.

#59071 - 09/12/11 08:07 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
TCreator Offline
lurker

Loc: South Carolina
I am not public with my Satanism, but i do throw out some subliminal messages to friends that i am ;). I did my dedication to Satan back in December so i'm a newbie :)! but i can honestly say it was a great decison and i feel as though the satanic philiosphy fits my lifestyle and beliefs. I live in the bible belt (SC) and i feel as though all of my friends & family wouldnt understand and would think i'm weird because their all Christians. Ive always wanted to meet other Satanist in my area but i dont even know where i would start looking lol.

I recently went on a trip to NY and i was walking the streets of Harlem and a muslim man asked if he could tell me about his religion and i replied "no thanks, im fine with my religion" he then asked whats my relgion.. i paused for a second, then i just blunty said "im a satanist!" he gave me a look, as well as others that were walking by (i said it quite loud lol). i wasnt ashamed or anything, i just felt extremely proud to tell someone "HEY im a satanist". in the future i hope to be able to be more open and comfortable telling others that i am a satanist. For one i plan on leaving the south and moving up north or to the west coast. Dont get me wrong i LOVE the south! but i just feel like life is beginning to get to slow for me here, *shrugs* oh well..

#59074 - 09/12/11 09:43 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: TCreator]
Oxus Offline

I used to be a member of a 'popular' group, personally I never hid the fact I was part of this group, and actually proudly announced my affiliation. Through the course of my stay I managed to mention a high ranking member in conversation on a forum and was reprimanded and felt the need to disassociate myself from the group.

Recently, I am now being asked by current members to remove collaborations I have done with them while a member.

How is One truly a Sovereign in this world when the real you remains hidden from the very world you physically exist in?

This has nothing to do with balls & bravado, but rather creating your private paradigm and ruling it.

If you are ashamed of your path or not able to justify it with every & anyone, including family members . . . than what good is this path and where could it possibly lead you?

#59078 - 09/13/11 12:43 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Oxus]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Quote:
If you are ashamed of your path or not able to justify it with every & anyone, including family members . . . than what good is this path and where could it possibly lead you?

Does "it" really require justification to anyone? I couldn't care less whether my friends, family - or anyone else accept me and/or my chosen lifestyle. Take me as I am or not at all. Either way I wont lose any sleep over it.

#59080 - 09/13/11 01:43 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Alex Crowley Offline

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
I won't go around shouting it from the rooftops, but I'm not going to go to great lengths to hide it either. So far I've only told my closest friends and a few open minded family members (and a few people who know me well enough have asked). The way I see it, I am who I am - those who don't like it aren't worth associating with in the first place.

Luckily those around me have been fairly open about it. A lot of people have come to me with questions and I've been happy to answer them. At least those who usually ask don't go with the "so do you kill cats?" routine and are prepared to listen to what I have to say.

I think how people will react to it depends on how you project yourself. If I suddenly paint everything black and yell "Hail Satan!" at every opportunity I'm going to look like an idiot. If I can argue why Satanism is right for me, and be open about it without flaunting it, I've found that people are more willing to listen.

Besides that, the only really "public" mention of anything Satanic is the fact that I have the Club 600 banner somewhere on my blog.

#59087 - 09/13/11 01:16 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Oxus]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
 Quote:

This may sound good in theory, but it's not really worth it in practice. Most people will get the wrong impression simply because they "don't understand", even if you try to explain it to them rationally. Parents, family members, and other people often still hold on to their Nazarene conditioning and prejudices in spite of your good intentions.

Overall, acceptance from the rest of society is unnecessary. Satanism is a fundamentally antinomian path, which revels in pushing moral and legal limits.

My parents, for one, have already found out I'm a Satanist (and even then they still won't accept it, despite being educated, intelligent, and fairly liberal), but sharing the intimate details of my initiatory path would serve nothing besides giving them a heart attack and perhaps a call to the cops with an attempt to get me committed to a psychiatric ward.

#59091 - 09/13/11 02:09 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The Zebu]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I think it has little to do with shame or pride. What I am is a result of embracing that what I am instead of resisting my fundamental nature, or, as others, being ignorant about it. But one does realize that this fundamentally different nature inevitably implies being in conflict with others and not merely in disagreement.

As such, there is little to be gained by being open about ones opposite nature.

#59095 - 09/13/11 02:19 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The Zebu]
Hegesias Offline

“The essential element in the black art of obscurantism is not that it wants to darken individual understanding, but that it wants to blacken our picture of the world, and darken our idea of existence.”—Nietzsche

Take that completely harmless thing that flies through the world cloaked as lethal poison. The nature of the death's head moth and his metamorphosis.

Somewhere in the world an entelechy “otherwise” in Nature.

#59103 - 09/14/11 01:20 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: The Zebu]
Latvian Offline

[quote=The Zebu]
 Quote:
Most people will get the wrong impression simply because they "don't understand", even if you try to explain it to them rationally. Parents, family members, and other people often still hold on to their Nazarene conditioning and prejudices in spite of your good intentions.

I agree 100%... My wife thought in the past, that I'm becoming insane (my interests about LHP and a bit sarcastic attitude against leading Christianity, Nazarene moral dogmas in society and soviet type Atheism), because we had formal Christian background and some years a bit contacts with new-born (real slaves of Nazarene thinking) and discovering my dark philosophy my wife thought, that I need psychiatric help... And even my very best friend, who is open freethinker thought - something is wrong. Only after years, when they see my true nature, they can accept me... They see after 15 years, that Satanism isn't something wrong and my friend started to read TSB and see sees Satanism accordance with laws of nature. He sees results in my life and my wife sees the success of satanic stance and very good adaption in society. We are happy, but many years I could even explain rationally... The same is i my workplace and in society general.

Of course I don't practice Satanism only in secret, because all my essence and my way of living speaks about my values and when someone search - he/she sees - I don't belong to herd...

I wear sometimes my T-Shirt with Goat of Mendes and Pentacle and I've other attributes... I like black metal (and other genres of metal too like symphonic metal etc...) and I go to band concerts, even with some friends, not only in Latvia. I go for 2 or 3 days abroad, especially to Scandinavia. When I'm asked I couldn't explain herd much, because, they often still hold on to their Nazarene conditioning and strong prejudices in spite of my good intentions and arguments. Some infidels fear of me...

Quote:
Overall, acceptance from the rest of society is unnecessary. Satanism is a fundamentally antinomian path, which revels in pushing moral and legal limits.

Yes, we Satanists are antinomians and one of official version of antinomianism definition is - 'rejecting fixed moral laws: refusing to accept established moral laws that apply to everybody.' That's reality! Herd is herd and herd's need for moral laws is like a air for them and they cannot understand our freedom. Maybe sometimes they become green-eyed on LHP walkers - we can truly enjoy life. I do it, I never distinguish my indulgence in life.

#59457 - 09/24/11 10:39 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Latvian]
Red Dragon76 Offline
stranger

Loc: Wisconsin
Being born a satan, I do not need to convince myself or others of who I am by walking around declaring it and being annoying. That strikes me as insecure, not self-assured. Rather than pining for public attention and validation, I try to imagine most of the public is non-existent. I want my awareness really to only fall on people, places and things that are captivating. Making sure others know who I am is not in the forefront of my consciousness. I simply am present, and that's it.

#59675 - 10/01/11 06:50 AM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: Red Dragon76]
Latvian Offline

Originally Posted By: Red Dragon76
Being born a satan...
We accept our carnal nature and live in accordance with it.

I think Satanism is the way back to yourself, again we discover ourselves and throw away all ‘spiritual’ hypocrisy, which brings us only problems, complexes etc...

#60347 - 10/21/11 10:28 PM Re: Are you a Satanist in public [Re: dark_wind]
Zach_Black Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
 Originally Posted By: dark_wind
If you're reading this, you're probably a Satanist. But do you admit it? Does your family know? How about your friends? Or maybe you're the sort of person who wears a giant pentagram on their shirt for the world to see. You could say I'm in the closet, as nobody knows of my religion. I'm wondering, how do you think people would react if I told them?

If you are worried about what your peers and family would think , probably best not to tell them. I find a ' need to know ' policy works best for me. Openly advertising on the streets or in real life can be like putting a target on your forehead. Hard to predict the reactions of neurotic individuals who entertain fantasies ( and nightmares) of imaginary friends and Hollywood fluff.

Page 65 of 90 « First<6364656667>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.043 seconds of which 0.017 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.