Page 10 of 16 « First<89101112>Last »
Topic Options
#49165 - 02/19/11 07:20 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Hegesias]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Hegesias
Simply going out and experiencing life does not necessarily advocate a practical application of any established or otherwise ones own Satanism/ Satanic philosophy, nor would simply 'getting out there' be indicative to the cultivation of sinister empathy for that matter. The world is populated by go lucky Homo Nullus pottering all over the place 'experiencing life', for all it's materialistic comforts and low level stimulation. In fact living bereft of human interactions for a peroid of some months will enable the initiate to attain a certain one-pointedness meditation/ insight into Him/ Herself.

Being able to afford materialistic comforts is by no means "un-Satanic." You've been doing well to this point, as far as the ONA talking points go, but having been poor enough to open a can of cat food for dinner and making it by my own efforts to afford a few luxuries in life, I can tell you that you can be just as Satanic with a full belly as an empty one. The difference is that when you're not trying to be "sinister," and oh so evil, you save the time in posturing for development of your skills and your knowledge base.

There's the old saw about the man who climbs the mountain to ask the guru living in a cave for wisdom. When he makes it to the guru's cave, he asks, "Oh great guru, what wisdom do you have to pass to me?"

The guru looks up from his meditations and says, "Living in a cave sucks."

#49166 - 02/19/11 07:44 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: LucyFur]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Originally Posted By: LucyFur
Am I in the wrong forum? I thought I was on the Satanic forum, not the grotto of sinister virgin monks and wizards forum.

This is the right forum my dear but some of us are quite different compared to Satanism as is. You are of course free to define your Satanism as you prefer but there are people that see it rather different.

D.

#49169 - 02/19/11 08:50 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Hegesias]
nocTifer Offline
pledge

Loc: Khazakstan
 Originally Posted By: Hegesias
...Go to the abstractionless Source, assert your Sinister Will to Power through and over opposites in real life, presence the Dark through Sinister deeds and be vitalised.

This is something that a young Satanist would know HOW to do? For those who will look at you quizzically and scratch their heads, why do you want them to know this information in particular? Will you provide remedial instruction or references as to how to effect these practical (and I presume internal) feats? What might those be?

The rest seems self-explanatory or unimportant, thanks. \:\)

#49170 - 02/19/11 09:43 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Jake999]
Hegesias Offline

What we do need to do is cultivate our innate Sinister/ Dark empathy with other beings, Nature/ the cosmos. To be in esoteric recognition with nature is built into us where abstraction, words and even consciousness does not pervade—it is our Sinister nature, we are the links to the Source of the Dark all around. In a simple way this means that Western Occultism is the product of Nazarene/ Hebrewish abstraction. Controled opposition, inversions of stasis is not bringing about anything much to do with change or the new.

Nobody can teach you to be a 'Satanist' because such a term is so enveloped in hebrewish/ Nazarene faeces these days that it's hard to wash off all the abstraction and be one with the Source, our Sinister nature. But in all seriousness, the use of this name Satan to strike fear into mundanes and to infiltrate forms of order such as Satanisms has it's object away from that in our own traditions. The Sinister current on the other hand is something very real and evident within us and Nature. Not everything in Nature is Dark but it may be presenced at certain times and places such as the culmination of the Dark within the wolf before the release—gnashing the prey to pieces, the Sinister inspiration of a poisoner, alive and evolving, quickening and stimulating her Dark intellectual activity as she smiles inwardly entertaining her victim before 'manifesting the Dark'.

We are the Sinister and this cannot be intellectualised nor consigned to the limited media of words or any established ethos. We will move through all and any of the worlds orderly systems and adapt to them whilst asserting and permeating our Sinister essence into everything. We are shapeless, We are change, we are heresy, we are Sinister.

Hegesias

#49173 - 02/19/11 11:15 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Jake999]
LucyFur Offline

Loc: Bible Belt, USA
 Originally Posted By: Jake999

Being able to afford materialistic comforts is by no means "un-Satanic." You've been doing well to this point, as far as the ONA talking points go, but having been poor enough to open a can of cat food for dinner and making it by my own efforts to afford a few luxuries in life, I can tell you that you can be just as Satanic with a full belly as an empty one. The difference is that when you're not trying to be "sinister," and oh so evil, you save the time in posturing for development of your skills and your knowledge base.

There's the old saw about the man who climbs the mountain to ask the guru living in a cave for wisdom. When he makes it to the guru's cave, he asks, "Oh great guru, what wisdom do you have to pass to me?"

The guru looks up from his meditations and says, "Living in a cave sucks."

Exactly. If I want to hear about the evils of materialism I will go to the Baptist church, or better yet, turn on one of those TV preachers whose wife is decked out in diamonds and furs. It's easy to talk about the evils of materialism when you have never been hungry.

#49175 - 02/19/11 11:27 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Diavolo]
LucyFur Offline

Loc: Bible Belt, USA
 Originally Posted By: Diavolo

This is the right forum my dear but some of us are quite different compared to Satanism as is. You are of course free to define your Satanism as you prefer but there are people that see it rather different.

D.

Ah yes, Diavolo that is true. My remark was aimed primarily at the anti-materialism remark as monks typically take a vow of poverty and cut themselves off from society. Perhaps in my haste, I did not make that clear enough.

#49182 - 02/20/11 12:42 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: LucyFur]
Hegesias Offline

The object of my post has been put into in misrepresentation, so thank you for the opportunity to juxtapose:

The difference is that when you're not trying to be "sinister," and oh so evil, you save the time in posturing for development of your skills and your knowledge base. [sic]

So to impose that seeking knowledge, that the development of skills is somehow separate from what is evil because there is a supposed 'trying to be so' involved wasting the time of a Sinister individual is fallacy. Why? because those who are Sinister are Sinister and do not 'try to be Sinister', we assert our Will and nature into and over all we do. Dialectics will not be discussed/ detailed on this particular board any more most likely because I will be repeating earlier posts that were clear enough. But I will say that opposites reinforce/ fulfil one another so without breaking out of ones comfort zone ones all mighty self might as well be built upon quicksand.

Rather it is clear that I was pointing away from the pitiless painting of societal banality. They who spend their lives grovelling for the slave rations, hay and a barn that society offers them like well praised beasts of burden. That we can bring about actuality/ change from our unmanifest potential instead of accepting mediocrity.

Obviously we have 'things' in our lives, I don't have a t.v. but I have books, some of which you all surely own as well, my living room in my flat is a gym, Olympic plates/ bench etc. I have my musical instruments. There is a 'difference' between what are the tools that can aid our progressions, manifest our inspirations, and what are simply the cheap gimmicky gadgets made to entertain worthless mental cripples and deluge them in what they deserve.

I was homeless for over a year and part of that was 2 months rough continuous and never went hungry. Back to the quiet wood where I was staying, behind a Christian church. I would go there late, and listen to the silence of night. Time went so slowly and the whole experience was one of my most important learning experiences, as this alone time helped cultivate a lucid intelligence that outsiders might know as misanthropy.

Independence is something that hubris mundanes mistake for being subserviently assimilated into the grid of the establishment because they have a job, car and nagging wife and obnoxious kids. So my advice to young Satanists is to be found on my other posts in more exoteric clarity, on this board, as this was a reply to aforementioned foolhardiness of certain Satanists all in respect.

#49187 - 02/20/11 01:26 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Anthony West]
Tesseract Offline

Loc: United States
I believe it was George Herbert who first wrote, “Living well is the best revenge.” One might paraphrase it by stating, “Living well is a Satanist’s best revenge.” That’s of course not advocating mindless consumerism or shallow materialism, but I would certainly rather drink a $20 bottle vodka than Popov, have the funds to drive thru the forests and hills of Maine on a modest vacation trek, and purchase the sound equipment needed to actualize my audio ambitions than not do any of those things for the sake of some dubious notion of Satanic asceticism.

Edited by Tesseract (02/20/11 02:01 AM)
Edit Reason: typos

#49192 - 02/20/11 02:36 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Hegesias]
Clarence Offline
pledge

I have something of a soft spot for ONA literature. However, it is quite evident that a lot of these online ONAers are obsessed with the notion of slumming.

Dropping out of society for a span in order to cultivate Sinister Empathy/Awareness or what-have-you is all fine and well as a means to "know thyself", however, its practical benefits are rather limited. Would it not be equally benficial and 'testing' to set slightly more difficult goals - in addition to tramping/homelessness, that is. Worldly success and material gain might also be considered worthwhile insight roles.

Just a thought.

Edited by Clarence (02/20/11 02:36 AM)

#49201 - 02/20/11 06:54 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Clarence]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Some of us lack the need for the material. This apartment is rather empty, I sleep on a couch, have no television, seldom listen to music and have no objects that contain a past. If I move, I'll get rid of everything I had before and only drag my books along, or at least those I deem worthy.

Mind you, I am doing well financially but the money itself does not interest me too much. Neither does buying anything fancy with it. Why? Simply because I don't feel that need. I lack that dependency. Getting rid of that dependency gave me a freedom not many will understand.

D.

#49203 - 02/20/11 07:37 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Diavolo]
Clarence Offline
pledge

Okay, I very much resonate with that. But to come to that point I've been to the extremities. The highs and the lows... having found joy in luxury and excess for its own sake, and the penury in which I found a simple life.

I no longer lack anything, but there is little if anything that I would not walk away from without tears.

#49207 - 02/20/11 10:42 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Clarence]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Re : Jake and the cat food situation.
I never quite understood why anyone would eat cat food when they are broke. I noticed that some human food is sometimes cheaper then certain brands of cat food. For example a pound of dry pasta is not much more then a can of cat food.

General reply: I’ve been broke to the point of not having anything to eat except for some old potatoes. Couldn’t even afford butter or salt for them.
I’ve also been in a position that when I go to the supermarket I don’t have to look at any prices, I can put anything that I fancy into my cart. I much more prefer these times. I do believe that the “hungry days,” allows me to appreciate the better day even more.

To me money is very important, not because of the “stuff” that it can afford me (I’m a minimalist so I don’t need nor desire “stuff”) but because of the independence and security that it can provide.

To date, not once have I heard a person who has a decent amount of money claim that they would rather be without it.

#49211 - 02/20/11 11:15 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Asmedious]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Originally Posted By: Asmedious
To date, not once have I heard a person who has a decent amount of money claim that they would rather be without it.

Millionaire gives away fortune that made him miserable

There are more examples out there. Even the movie "into the wild" is using this theme.

D.

#49222 - 02/20/11 12:55 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Asmedious]
Tesseract Offline

Loc: United States
 Originally Posted By: Asmedious
Re : Jake and the cat food situation.
I never quite understood why anyone would eat cat food when they are broke. I noticed that some human food is sometimes cheaper then certain brands of cat food. For example a pound of dry pasta is not much more then a can of cat food.

I believe the reason most often given is that a can of cat or dog food offers more useful nutrients for humans for the same amount of money than the more typical cheap foodstuffs like pasta. Pets can live fine by eating nothing but their canned food, but a person will not do so well on a longish term diet of the least expensive human food.

That being said, anyone with pets knows how gross and unappetizing “wet” cat food can be to a person’s senses, so I’d rather stick with potatoes, rice, flour, etc.

#49223 - 02/20/11 01:04 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Tesseract]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I agree it isn't the most pleasant thing to eat. I ate it to find out how it tasted and to see if I could "stomach" it.

I can but I'd personally pick another choice of food, if available, to survive upon. Like the cat.

D.

Page 10 of 16 « First<89101112>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.005 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.