Page 11 of 16 « First<910111213>Last »
Topic Options
#49228 - 02/20/11 01:49 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Diavolo]
Hegesias Offline

I hope you would make up some sweet and sour sauce for that particular dish. Meow Chow!

Anyway, I won't post my healthy and cheap bodybulding dishes on this board but I suppose I have contributed enough to this board in topic so I'll just leave a recipe you can make in the wilds with nothing but a mixing bowl with non perishable ingredients.

Natural protein powder 14 ounces (I use chocolate flavour though)
Organic rolled oats 7 ounces
Fat-free milk/ heat treated non perishable or just water.
Natural peanut butter 3 ounces (I use a whole jar)
Organic honey 3 ounces
Organic ground Flax seed to roll the bars in.

The instructions are extremely complex.

1. Dump everything in a bowl and squish it together with your hands. Only only add water enough to wet the ingredients, it should be like concrete. Don't use a spoon because it would just break. 2. Roll in your hands in some flax to make random shaped bars and place them in your container to set.

260 calories
35g protein
21g carbs
15% calories from good fats and omega 3's

About 50 pence a bar that last a week when covered. If you don't have water with you, you will die fast because these are nice as fuck and taste like Snickers bars with 100% healthy ingredients. Coincidentally they look exactly like turds so if a thief comes by and finds your stash of health food, they'll probably think it's a potty and won't even attempt to steal your shit.

#49229 - 02/20/11 01:49 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Diavolo]
Jake999 Offline

You know, I never thought about how nutritious dry pasta would have been. After scrounging bottles all day to buy something that I could eat, I should have just looked for that luxurious kitchen, there under the steps of the building where I slept. But if I HAD been able to afford someplace to live in, anyplace to live in...

It's ok. People here are thinking in today's terms and in today's environment, when broke meant "on welfare" or "on unemployment" or I need a few bucks to see me through until next week. When I was on the streets, it was ON THE STREETS literally, in a town undergoing gang wars and race riots.

I'm not looking for sympathy... I put myself in the situation that I was in, and I managed to get myself out of it eventually. Simply stating that I know of which I speak. Poverty is not something I read about in a book and decided that it would be a noble or eccentric quality to be belly-rumbling, survival mode hungry. And yes, I ate crow and went home with my tail between my legs until my recruiter called and said I was in. Life's lessons learned.

#49230 - 02/20/11 02:11 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Jake999]
Tesseract Offline

Loc: United States
“I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better.”

--- attributed to numerous individuals, including Sophie Tucker, Mae West, Gertrude Stein, and W.C. Fields

Jake:
As I read your post describing parts of your early life on the streets I found myself wondering if that was before or after your military service, just for reference. Thanks for the interesting take on the topic.

#49231 - 02/20/11 02:18 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Tesseract]
Jake999 Offline

Teseract:

This was a period just prior to entering the military. It was during the 20 years I spent in the military that I learned how to set reasonable goals and build on them, muster resources, etc. In many ways, I credit the military and the tools it gave me for my later successes in life.

#49233 - 02/20/11 02:39 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Tesseract]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

As I've mentioned elsewhere, there are two distinctly different paths in "today's" Satanism (conveniently ignoring reversed christianity). We have the conventional path which has most of its origin in Laveyan Satanism and that puts the emphasis on advancing ones position in society and pleasure, and we have the unconventional path, of which ONA is a prime example, which puts the emphasis on personal transcendence and something which could be seen as duty.

The unconventional path steers Satanism back into the heterodox since it is of the opinion that is where Satanism belongs, and, because people on this path, are by nature heterodox. Those on the conventional path have a hard time understanding detachment from the material but others see materialism as so culturally ingrained it isn't even seen as the weakness it is. What is does to many/most is enslave them.

Of course, many will find this laughable. None is enslaved or addicted to anything. Anyone can quit anything any time.

D.

#49236 - 02/20/11 02:59 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Diavolo]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
Those on the conventional path have a hard time understanding detachment from the material but others see materialism as so culturally ingrained it isn't even seen as the weakness it is. What is does to many/most is enslave them.

Of course, many will find this laughable. None is enslaved or addicted to anything. Anyone can quit anything any time.

D.

Being of the admittedly LaVeyan philosophy, (what can I say, I learned well at the side of the master), before people start complaining about how bad they have it from a position of comfort, please remember RULE 8 of the Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth, being, "Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself."

As a service to any "satanist" who feels burdened by comforts and materialistic devices, especially MONEY, I would be more than happy to take that burden from you and allow you to wallow in the superiority of poverty. No!!! No need to thank me. I know it's a hardship for me to gather and gain more STUFF, because I'm enslaved by a healthy savings and checking account already... the complete SADNESS of being able to buy what one wants... it's heartbreaking. But because I so much love YOU and want YOU to be the best "satanist" you can be (and to avoid whiny bitching on the boards)... I will sacrifice of myself. I will take your unwanted cash, bonds, cars, boats... I've got enough computers and bedroom furniture... but if anyone is seriously burdened by a 30 ft cabin cruiser...

#49238 - 02/20/11 03:03 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Jake999]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Like I said, it is evidently hard to understand for some. I am not burdened by money, I just hardly care about it. It is a tool which enables me to pursue certain goals but money does not buy me status nor identity. Neither does anything I can buy with it.

D.

#49239 - 02/20/11 03:45 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Tesseract]
LucyFur Offline

Loc: Bible Belt, USA
 Originally Posted By: Tesseract

That being said, anyone with pets knows how gross and unappetizing “wet” cat food can be to a person’s senses, so I’d rather stick with potatoes, rice, flour, etc.

While I certainly won't judge what others are willing to eat in a desperate situation, (as a vegetarian I will be the first to shoot a squirrel out of a tree to feed my family if the need arises), but I find that vegetables, legumes, and whole grains are usually cheap, easy to get, and provide adequate nutrition.

Nowadays, people are complaining about the price of food going up yet I eat cheaply because I don't buy meat or processed, convenience foods. While I can certainly afford higher priced foods I choose to eat healthier soups, raw fruits and veggies, and whole grain breads. I can also afford nicer clothes but don't see the need for it.

On the other hand, it is nice to have the money to travel, pay for car repairs or buy a new washer when the old one dies. Money is important in that it frees us to pursue our passions. Without it, we are often too busy trying to make ends meet to have any time or energy left over to pursue our passions.

#49240 - 02/20/11 04:00 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: LucyFur]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: LucyFur

On the other hand, it is nice to have the money to travel, pay for car repairs or buy a new washer when the old one dies. Money is important in that it frees us to pursue our passions. Without it, we are often too busy trying to make ends meet to have any time or energy left over to pursue our passions.

Exactly. Money is a tool, same as any other. Use it or abuse it.

#49243 - 02/20/11 04:46 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Jake999]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Indeed Jake money is nothing but a tool.

When I look around in my life, I see many people constantly hunting down the newest, biggest or best. Much what they buy is done because their status requires it and instead of it being practical or enjoyable, it becomes something to define themselves by, to show others they can, or can too. Their possessions start to define them and their identity becomes the very hardware they own. Take it all away and they become the nothingness they are.

Even the things they define as enjoyable are often only bringing them joy the period between the desire and the buy, and for a very brief time after that. Then it becomes just another thing and to compensate the loss of joy, they again have to gather something new. It is consumerism at its finest, a mental virus keeping them so busy gathering, there is very little left besides it.

It makes them predictable and harmless and the very risk of losing it all keeps them on the leash.

But the very man that has nothing to lose, either because he has nothing or cares for nothing, becomes unpredictable and dangerous and through releasing himself from this leash, able to do whatever he is compelled to do.

D.

#49246 - 02/20/11 04:59 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: LucyFur]
Hegesias Offline

Sound nutritional advice Lucyfur, really sound. I eat 4-5 meals in accordance to bodybuilding foods including the list you mentioned (except squirrel, I replace that with lean steak, chicken etc.)

So for some more sound advice, I'd say that two of the most important decisions any young person can make are.

1. Learn how to defend yourself through martial arts training including western boxing. This will also enable you to meet other progressive persons who are not on drugs and drink.

2. Move your mind and body into prime conditioning through progressive exercise and to learn to read nutritional labels on food packaging to make sure you are getting all the nutrients your mind and body need to learn and function efficiently. As an example, religious rituals such as fasting have an enormously damaging impact on neurological function and serve to cultivate serious mental illness symptoms such as those related to depression/ paranoia, due to the lack of carbohydrate, vitamin and mineral supplementation needed for healthy/ sane brain and nervous system functionality.

It's no good to simply assume you are some bad ass Satanist that nobody will fuck with and hope for the best so to learn how to respond in real life combat is paramount.

All endeavours in life require a healthy mind and body to be the best you can be (the most dangerous you can be).

#49248 - 02/20/11 05:06 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Jake999]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
It's not luxury that's a burden, it's dependence on that luxury. A lot of people have plenty, but don't appreciate what they do have. Some have a sense of a entitlement or a compulsive need for a certain standard of living, whether they can afford it or not.

If you can afford what you like and you appreciate it because you know what it's like to go without, you're not dependent. If you would get bent out of shape if circumstance caused you to cut back slightly on what you currently enjoy (even though you'd still be comfortably far from serious need), that's a problem.

It's not that people should go without what they want, it's that some have trouble distinguishing between want and need.

#49250 - 02/20/11 05:34 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: XiaoGui17]
LucyFur Offline

Loc: Bible Belt, USA
Very true XiaoGui17!

Besides work income, we own a farm. Some years the farm does well and we get paid. Other years we wind up having to pay into the farm account because the price of fuel and seed go up and the price of wheat and other crops go down. That is the way of the world and we live with it. Some years we get a vacation and some years we don't. When it is a lean year and we need to tighten up our belt we do so without complaint. So what! Our kids have never gone hungry or cold and we use the lean years to teach them the difference between 'want' and 'need'. Compared to 3/4 of the world we are lucky.

Diovolo is right about consumerism. It is a disease which plagues the masses of the so-called civilized world. It is a cancer which will eat the souls of its victims alive when left unchecked.

Jake is dead on right too - money is a tool, to be used wisely.

#49278 - 02/21/11 02:40 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Hegesias]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
As an example, religious rituals such as fasting have an enormously damaging impact on neurological function and serve to cultivate serious mental illness symptoms such as those related to depression/ paranoia, due to the lack of carbohydrate, vitamin and mineral supplementation needed for healthy/ sane brain and nervous system functionality.

A distinction should be made between fasting for a long period of time and on short term. There are indications that fasting for a day or 2 every other day might improve insulin levels, a better neuronal resistence against injury. It is also being said that an animal/human who has known thougher times and had to fast every other day might have prolonged lifespans.

Studies:
1 http://www.pnas.org/content/100/10/6216.full
2 http://jn.nutrition.org/content/133/6/1921.full

But then again, you are absolutely right about the religious fasting.

#49409 - 02/22/11 09:24 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Anthony West]
heretic Offline
stranger

Hippie tree hugging is useful if you need shade or oxygen like some of us. You just have to know when enough is enough already. You can't survive well if you don't learn because you cannot adapt when necessary. I'm 44 and don't know if that's old or young in your opinion. You don't know what I've read and I don't know everything you've read so we're here to inform each other as best we may.

heretic

Page 11 of 16 « First<910111213>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.004 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.