Page 2 of 16 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#15725 - 12/07/08 07:21 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Anthony West]
The AntiChris Offline
pledge

Loc: Pennsylvania
Just adding to Morgan's thoughts. Satanism is not something I joined or converted to. It was nothing more than a curiosity since I was a kid and at best something I did to piss off my parents and teachers. Then wouldn't you know I picked up Anton's book (and many others) one day many years later and something clicked. It wasn't even until long after that I learned Satanism defined me, not the other way around. This is NOT something I sought out. I haven't a clue what Pentagonal Revisionism is and I don't care. I do not label myself a Satanist . It IS what I am. If someone wants to know if I worship Satan I may say yes of course, and maybe some days I do. I can do whatever the hell I want. I am not going to be talked to like your writing a fucking term paper about me and I'm not going to talk back like I'm answering questions on Oprah. Your peace bullshit is just that and it either means your still young or you haven't had the shit kicked out of you enough. So either get it together or I'm going to send a fucking demon to your house.

#15726 - 12/07/08 07:53 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: The AntiChris]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: The AntiChris
I haven't a clue what Pentagonal Revisionism is and I don't care. I do not label myself a Satanist . It IS what I am.

THAT's the response of a Satanist... and why we shouldn't "have a quiz" for people to get into the 600 Club. If the person is interested in what Pentagonal Revisionism is, or any other part of Satanism from LaVey's standpoint, then they're responsible to look it up and find the answers that are out there. There's no test in life to make sure they got it.

Of course, being young and still in school, I can see why "a quiz" might be something that would pop into your "little empty heads," because in your world, education is measured in terms of quizzes and tests and things you can put on paper and hand in to show how good you are. LIFE isn't necessarily like that. Every day is a final exam, for the most part. You either know it cold or you're out IN the cold.

#15734 - 12/07/08 11:48 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Jake999]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Jake999
THAT's the response of a Satanist... and why we shouldn't "have a quiz" for people to get into the 600 Club. If the person is interested in what Pentagonal Revisionism is, or any other part of Satanism from LaVey's standpoint, then they're responsible to look it up and find the answers that are out there. There's no test in life to make sure they got it.

That being said, I think that people should realize that we all determine the currency for our correspondences, both here and in real life. It's quid pro quo - something for something. Here in these forums, the bar is set fairly low, in most places. All that's asked is that one have a rudimentary knowledge of Satanism, or at least a grasp of the satanic. Those who don't find that they're quickly outted as posers, wannabes, shit disturbers, etc., and those impressions can be lasting.

But it's up to each of us to determine what our set-point is for interpersonal correspondences. How low or high we are willing to set the bar for access to our lives on a deeper level is something we should all think about and enforce. Limits are necessary to maintain one's personal sense of soverignity within his/her own life.

For example, if someone wants to start up a friendly relationship of any sort, there has to be a meeting of the minds. What constitutes this relationship? Is it congeniality, the occasional email joke or forwarding of some humorous email circulating the web... is it more... is it less? Each member of any such relationship must decide what the inclusion of an individual into their life means, what they intend to get out of it, and what they are willing to expend of themselves to maintain the relationship.

I get emails from people who really want to discuss LaVeyan Satanism with me. I don't accept many such invitations unless there is something that indicates that it's going to be a 50/50 (or better on my end) exchange. For example, I would insist that the person I'm going to be corresponding with KNOW LaVeyan Satanism. For a personal relationship on an intellectual level, they would have to know about Pentagonal Revisionism, and The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth, and The Law of the Forbidden, and ECI and other Inertial Crystalizations and early LaVeyan history, his writings beyond The Satanic Bible, The Compleat Witch, and The Satanic Rituals... and even within those three volumes, how they apply and adapt to questions at hand.

That's not being elitist, as much as it's wanting to be a partnership of exchange, rather than me being the teacher to a sponge who needs entertainment. Same thing with music. If you don't know who ? and the Mysterians were, or why Frank Zappa thought that The Monkees were a valid musical representation for the youth of the day, or why Gene Simmons thought that Abba's Dancing Queen was one of the most perfect fusions of musical genres... well... how's the weather in Dubuque?

I have no problems with people setting their own bar for me as well. There are a lot of things that I'm not qualified to discuss or give a competent opinion on. That doesn't mean I can't learn, but it's not up to someone else to spoon feed me the knowledge to get me there. I know next to nothing of automotive or mechanical workings, higher math, quantum physics, writing or playing music (unless it's on a phonograph), and a host of other things. So while I might find some of the threads on these things interesting, I'm wise enough to keep my mouth shut and attempt to learn from those who can clearly express themselves on those matters. It's not a weakness... it's not a failure... it's a personal acknowledgement that I don't know everything and would be a fool to butt in just to be seen. Far better to respect those who do have the knowledge and try to learn.

#15744 - 12/08/08 02:38 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Jake999]
Butterz Offline
pledge

Loc: Georgia
When I was introduced to LaVey a friend let me barrow his Satanic Bible and Satan Speaks. He told me not to ask him shit until I read both. When I had finished he told me not to ask him shit about it. The answers are there and I needed to form my own opinions on what I had read. You can never better yourself by copying someone elses philosophy. Take in what fits you, read all you can and create your own structure.
#15751 - 12/08/08 10:40 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: The AntiChris]
Phaethon Offline
pledge

AntiChris
You may just be what a true satanists should be. You are the satanist to Satanism. You seem to completely abandoned any labels, you do what you want, in a true animalistic way.
I doubt that Anton LaVey wanted to be a new age satanic jesus.
Do what you will, that is the true way to live..
If it does not make you happy, it is pointless. So why should anyone care about Pentagonal revisionism or ANYthing IF NOT FOR PURE JOY.

#15753 - 12/08/08 11:43 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Phaethon]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Phaethon

If it does not make you happy, it is pointless. So why should anyone care about Pentagonal revisionism or ANYthing IF NOT FOR PURE JOY.

I agree with you... why should you want to learn anything new if you have to work for it? LaVey wrote The Satanic Bible a long time ago, and obviously, never had another thought about it again. Up until his death in 1997, he obviously never had another idea... never expounded upon the principles of The Satanic Bible... never went into any detailed explanations of why he believed what he did or what direction he envisioned for his Satanic movement. Nothing of import or interest.

All of the REAL information on what LaVey was or ever did HAS to be in what people write on the web. You already know how to eat... why have anything other than PB and J? You saw television last week... why watch it this week? You heard Herbie and the Heartbeats 1st CD... why bother listening to another?

Ignorance is bliss. It's been said, and I've seen some blissfully ignorant people. But knowledge is power. It helps you to develop analytical skills and refine your skeptical eye. LaVey's life beyond his initial penning of The Satanic Bible can't be of any interest. Although, he WAS an early promoter of the development of Artificial Human Companions (Androids)... but you don't want to know anything about that.

#15756 - 12/08/08 12:51 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Jake999]
Anthony West Offline
stranger

Loc: Germany
 Quote:
Take in what fits you, read all you can and create your own structure.

Butterz, I let this sink in for a second and it made some good sense. Thanks.

Like Jake999, promoted, I'm going to go learn things for myself instead of relying on this thread for information on how to live a Satanic life, or whatever I initially asked.

Thank you everyone, I'll now take my leave.

-Anth

#15769 - 12/08/08 04:48 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Anthony West]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
As an older person (I'm only relatively new to Satanism per say), I want young people to know that nothing, but nothing beats time and experience.

A 20 year old saying they've had a tough life, been through and seen alot and therefore should be treated with the respect I would give to a 40 year old, just doesn't gel in my head.

Sure, at 20, you may have been able to squeeze in alot of growing and learning and even have fully experienced being a child, being a child that did it tough, had to fend for self etc etc, but that is about all.

You can't say that you have the life experience yet of being an adult. Wait until you have been an Adult for as long or longer you were a child for and then and only then can you say you really have had experience at being an adult.

That's not to say there there are some really nice, cool, intelligent 20 year olds, but really, most just don't have the life experience for me to treat them as an equal.

Kids are often told at school that they are better educated, smarter and more able than the generation before them, or even their bosses. This attitude shows up in their first few jobs, because even with all that education, they just don't have the life experience or real world experience to really be better smarter or more successful than their bosses, get what I'm saying?

If you are a really good looking (well even an average looking) 20 year old, the world is at your feet in a way, but boy are you going to have to do a readjustment when you hit 30 and you're no longer the cutest or youngest girl in the room.

Even if you look really good for your age, trust me, unless you have a brain to back you up also, looks fade and become less important as you age.

I love being in my 30's. I've found it to be some of the best times of my life and I expect to continue to enjoy getting older as I'm sure Jake has (ha ha sorry couldn't resist).

I can honestly say, the best advice I can give someone young is to listen to some of the older people in your life. Some of your older Aunts and Uncles, you'd be surprised you may even did up a Satanist or Aethiest amongst them. You don't have to do everything they say, you should make your own mistakes, but think about the why's when they roll their eyes at you because you are going through the same age old relationship problems that everyone seems to go through no matter what age we are living in. I'm sure people had the same relationship problems in the 1800's as we do now. It's all just more open and you're not going to get stuck in marriages etc that you can't get out of.

Anyway, enough rambling.

ZephyrGirl

#15783 - 12/08/08 06:01 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: ZephyrGirl
I love being in my 30's. I've found it to be some of the best times of my life and I expect to continue to enjoy getting older as I'm sure Jake has (ha ha sorry couldn't resist).

ZephyrGirl

Getting older isn't always fun, but it beats the hell out of the alternative!

#15823 - 12/09/08 07:14 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Jake999]
Butterz Offline
pledge

Loc: Georgia
Everyday is a new expierence and you have to take for what its worth. Your convictions wont be the same a year from now trust me. I am 21 and every year, every day as a matter of fact, im a different person because i always take in new ideas. I question everything sometimes too extremely. Never in your life should you be content with what you know or an essay for that matter, hint hint. Knowledge is power.
#17136 - 12/29/08 08:52 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Dan_Dread]
spiderbreeder Offline

Loc: Sydney,Australia
"I have only one thing to say to young people that think they are Satanists:Most of you are not now,nor will you ever be Satanists."

That would apply to a vast majority of young people who would consider themselves Satanists , but I'm sure there are quite a few jewels amongst the rubble... after all we were "young" too once apon a time!

On saying that,I can look back on my teens and reflect on the fact that I wasn't a "true" Satanist until I had lived enough years and had enough life experience to be able to comprehend what being a Satanist really entailed on all levels. I was a"Pre-Satanist" but definitely wasn't capable of the intellectual expansion needed to live life fully on the LHP at that stage... I don't think a lot of pre-adults are, exempting the ocassional supernormal exception.

Most of them could be classed as "Satanists in Training", I suppose, but only time will tell, years lived, and all manner of things absorbed and experienced, whether they really Cut the Mustard enough to call themselves a Satanist.

#17146 - 12/29/08 02:38 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: spiderbreeder]
Johnny Offline
stranger

Loc: Texas, usa
Honest question, How would you know the difference between the true young Satanist and the fake ones you are reffering to?

Edited by Johnny (12/29/08 02:43 PM)

#17147 - 12/29/08 02:52 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Johnny Offline
stranger

Loc: Texas, usa
Thank you!!! you couldn't of put it any better

Edited by Johnny (12/29/08 02:52 PM)

#17148 - 12/29/08 02:56 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Johnny]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
Everyday is a new expierence and you have to take for what its worth. Your convictions wont be the same a year from now trust me. I am 21 and every year, every day as a matter of fact, im a different person because i always take in new ideas.

Saying this to jack actually is quite stupid. At least he is 40 years young/old. This compared to your humble 21.. well it makes you a bit worthless.. I'm not stupid saying such things. I know he is at least twice my age and I respect his authority. If he says something well.. I'm quite sure he has a jolly good reason for it.

This as a simple remark to your "Your convictions wont be the same a year from now trust me.".

Quote:
Honest question, How would you know the difference between the true young Satanist and the fake ones you are reffering to?

Well at first they don't ask stupid questions of how becoming a "true" one. They simply are becoming one regardless what comments of others are.

#17165 - 12/29/08 10:06 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Anthony West]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
Well I don't know about any of the other "younger Satanists" on this website, but I think whatever older Satanists have to say, regardless of if they want us to hear it, we should listen to. We should take what they say and apply it to ourselves. They have been here longer and therefore have had more time and experience than any of us, even if the age difference is a few years. Think about it, if it wasn't for our elders teaching us (teachers, parents, mentors, ect.) we would know absolutely nothing. They teach us the basics and then some, and we build upon that.

If you ask me, this thread should be titled "Things Younger Satanists Should and Need to Know".

Just my 2 cents on the subject. And thank you to all whom I was referring to. A word to my fellow "pre-Satanists", sometimes it's better to shut up and listen then to stay in a debate and argue..If you don't know that already, well then you will learn the hard way.

Page 2 of 16 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.031 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.