Page 7 of 16 « First<56789>Last »
Topic Options
#31638 - 11/13/09 11:54 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Kn [Re: nocTifer]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
I know that no matter how silly and poorly-founded, how off-the-wall or disrespectful, how illogical or wrong, it is better to sincerely pursue your interests as a Satanian from your OWN perspective than to take up the values and views of others, even your elders, without any connection to what you are adopting. AUTHENTICITY and INDEPENDENCE are key Satanian virtues.

While I am an advocate in pursuing people to be and have authentic and independent ideas ( as far as truly original ideas exist..), I do not see any problems with possible advice given if you can learn from it or at least evade future problems with it. Even so, what's the problem with taking over someone else's views and opinions if you know/feel they make sense?
To actually "get-it" what the other persons background is leading to these conclusions, is yet another discussion which can last endlessly.

One's own perspective isn't also always right. A person needs a scheme to relate too, to make up his/her mind and value his/her actions. For this it is always best to see, hear and listen to others.

Quote:
I'd kind of enjoy it if younger Satanians came to know that fascism and Satanity are completely incompatible; that there are limitations to transgression beyond which one self-disables and destabilizes the foundations from which one previously was able to take action and choose.

And why should fascism be incompatible with Satanism? Can you actually proove me it is incompatible? Fascism within my view contains certain correlations with Satanism. Same concepts, same ideas (not all, some ideas..),... guess it depends on how someone views the subject.

Btw: It is Satanist and Satanic.

Edited by Dimitri (11/13/09 11:58 AM)

#31644 - 11/13/09 01:54 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: spiderbreeder]
Room 101 Offline

Loc: Scotland
While I would admit at times it has been tempting to ask others for advice on this subject, I have become increasingly aware of the fact that it is a personal journey. One that cannot be taught nor bought; enlightenment is not for sale (with the exception of the Devils note book on Amazon for £6.99).

Hating myself slightly for the pseudo karmic comment above aside, I still regard Satanism as a trip that you can only ever make alone. It’s a personal trial by fire, only you can conceive of the solutions that are applicable to your own issues/problems.

I will admit that others on this site are far ahead of my on their left handed path, but would never be so gormless to assume that their incite and knowledge applies in any way shape or form to my life.

There are a few things that we have in common, chief amongst these being that we are Satanist (the fact of the matter is that some of here don’t know what they are and endeavour to ascertain our place in the world through the proclamation of this self imposed title).

There is little knowledge that can be “passed on down the line” seeing as everything regarding YOUR situation is applicable to only you. The only thing that I will ever be so bold to ask of the more senior amongst us is the referral of books and additional literature that might be helpful. The rest, as they say, is in God’s hands; God in this context and situation being the monkey reading this text. \:\)

Edited by Room 101 (11/13/09 01:56 PM)

#31646 - 11/13/09 03:21 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Kn [Re: Dimitri]
nocTifer Offline
pledge

Loc: Khazakstan
hi Dimitri,

I think there is no problem with adopting someone else's views and opinions if you know/feel they make sense. that specifies a connection to what you are adopting.

my observation is that fascism's general tendency to remove freedoms and personal choices makes it incompatible with anything emphasizing individualism and authenticity. it may indeed be a semantics problem surrounding the term 'fascism' if this doesn't ring true to you.

I noticed your comment also on my use of the term 'Satanian'. I use this and 'Satanity' as terms indicating a larger envelope containing several Satanisms, each of which may be an ideology or coherent ideological system.

thanks for your challenges. \:\)

#31651 - 11/13/09 06:16 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Kn [Re: nocTifer]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
NoTifer, if a newbie wants direction it is better to ask some "old timers" than to wallow in self-delusion.

"that there are limitations to transgression beyond which one self-disables and destabilizes the foundations from which one previously was able to take action and choose."

What the Fuck????
The only limits that exists for a Satanist is the ones they put on themselves.

The world is harsh, and not all hippy hand holding like. If you want someone to be nice to you try the Xitian church meeting.
Here respect and friendship are earned, not freely given.
What the hell does hello kitty have to do with Satanism?
I'm a bitch, but I want a Hello Kitty tattoo. Granted my Hello Kitty will be holding a butcher knife.

There is nothing wrong with asking for knowledge, advice or help from others who have walked the left hand path longer than you have.

To not ask or draw information from available sources is beyond stupid.

Hell, I'm in this for a long ass time and I still ask questions. When you cease to ask questions or learn you become static and might as well be dead.

Morgan

#31655 - 11/13/09 08:34 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Kn [Re: Morgan]
nocTifer Offline
pledge

Loc: Khazakstan
hi Morgan,

agreed regarding much of your post. our expressions aren't truly at odds. of course asking questions is an excellent way to learn.

that said, if someone opts to self-debilitate or sets themselves up for slavery or something, they may in fact remove their own options for the future. in a nutshell (whether due to personal choices or those contributing to sociopolitical regimes inimical to Satanian lifestyles):

"Stupidy iz reel and can hav lasting reapercushions."

which underscores the error of an important 'Satanic Sin'.

#35244 - 02/08/10 12:10 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Dan_Dread]
Demon Heretic666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Missouri
 Originally Posted By: Dan_Dread
I only have one thing to say to young people that think they are Satanists:Most of you are not now, nor will you ever be Satanists.

Have a nice day.

Ha! Great. He has a point though, and I agree thoroughly. Sadly, most teens or 'young people', don't have the intelligence to retain any true information on the philosophy that is Satanism. They just want the dark persona to wear like a cloak so they can hide from themselves and their own failing intelligence. Well worded Dan. Bravo.

#35257 - 02/08/10 01:25 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Demon Heretic666]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
I have likely said this before when it comes to what older Satanists would like younger ones to know. Actually I very strongly believe that everyone would be wise to consider this, just about above anything else when it comes to personal freedom, so forgive me if I repeat myself.

DO NOT sell your freedom and peace of mind just to satisfy your materialistic urges.

Once you are in financial debt you cannot be truly free. You are chained to someone else’s rules, regulations and requirements.

The exception to this rule (in my opinion) is if you go into debt in order to make an investment (such as in real-estate or starting a business) which might give you significant benefits in the long term.

#35263 - 02/08/10 03:46 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Asmedious]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
^ Yeah, that! Been there and done that (more than once... I might be a slow learner \:\) ).

If I had to suggest one thing it would simply be to beware hubris both in yourself and others.

Doubt is key.

Also, I'm not sure I qualify as an 'older' Satanist as I don't yet qualify for an AARP card \:\)

#35268 - 02/08/10 04:56 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Fnord]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
 Quote:
^ Yeah, that! Been there and done that (more than once... I might be a slow learner ).

THREE times of getting in way over my fucking head it took me to finally learn this!!!
Note that each time it takes years to get out of a bad debt situation.

Once when I was young and stupid, in my late teens through early twenties therefore I find that excusable and a good hands on learning experience.

Second time in my late twenties when I figured I would buy just enough SHIT on credit to re-establish my credit score. Well I did re-establish it, and royally fucked it up again.

Third time in my early to mid thirties out of sheer stupidity and idiocy. Inexcusable, totally lacking responsibility and common sense.

Now I have been out of debt for about five years. I do have a bit of a situation with the IRS pigs, but that is being handled and doesn’t affect me much. However that situation arose from an innocent little mistake on my part due to not filing my income tax form right. Don’t see it as really my fault as much as a fuck up of the whole IRS system.
I have put a security lock on all of my credit information, which means no one can access it, not even me unless I find a very long set of numbers that they gave me to unlock it, which I don’t plan on doing.

Not sure what my credit score is, and I couldn’t give a fuck at all. Don’t ever plan on using it again, unless it’s for investment purposes and even then I would rather save up and pay cash if possible.

I sleep very well at night.

#35285 - 02/08/10 10:36 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Room 101]
ThinkingCap Offline
stranger

Loc: Tennessee
 Originally Posted By: Room 101

I will admit that others on this site are far ahead of my on their left handed path, but would never be so gormless to assume that their [insight] and knowledge applies in any way shape or form to my life...

...There is little knowledge that can be “passed on down the line” seeing as everything regarding YOUR situation is applicable to only you. The only thing that I will ever be so bold to ask of the more senior amongst us is the referral of books and additional literature that might be helpful.

This seems pretty narrow minded when talking about a journey that involves every aspect of your life. Granted, I am still a naive beginner on this path and in no way know what it means to live it fully quite yet. But it feels illogical not to utilize the resources available to you if they are willing to help you. I'm not condoning the expectation to be coddled every time you have a concern, but if you ask intelligent questions and keep your eyes open, there's a lot of information out there to be gleaned.

Of course, if you're clever then you'd probably be able to get the same amount of information by paying attention. No solution to your life issues are gift-wrapped and left on your doorstep, but there are plenty of tidbits you can pick up and ask for along the way that can make up that final solution.

#35291 - 02/09/10 12:18 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: ThinkingCap]
Room 101 Offline

Loc: Scotland
I’m sorry? I thought my point was fairly clear.

Satanism is a matter of personal interpretation. Everyone must travel alone, anything I say to you will be contrived of in a different manner as appose to the next person I share it with as it is purely perceptively based.

They only thing any Satanist can really pass onto to a ”starter” is the subject, the “lesson” is purely individual.

There are many paths to the same end, but there can only be your
path when it comes to you.

I would argue that it is you who are narrow minded in the assumption that you need be “taught” the ways of enlightenment. That is out with the definition of the term.

Get it?

Edited by Room 101 (02/09/10 12:29 AM)
Edit Reason: Fat hands

#35361 - 02/09/10 09:47 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Room 101]
ThinkingCap Offline
stranger

Loc: Tennessee
I never stated that it was necessary to be taught, or walked through, the steps to enlightenment. That would be absurd. I am, however, questioning your claim that there is no knowledge to be gained from asking questions of people who have a more thorough understanding of Satanism from experience.

The subjective nature of Satanism only means that there are no straight answers. This becomes an issue only if the questioner is expecting a step by step explanation how to 'become' a Satanist or live their life.

But if the purpose in asking the question was to gain knowledge in general, then I don't see how the different perceptions would be a problem. It may actually lead to an epiphany that would not have happened if the questioner had stayed silent with their books.

This doesn't change the fact that at the end of the day it is up to me to decide what is right and wrong, and how I interact with the environment around me. But I don't understand why I couldn't learn from others' experiences and opinions along the way.

#35413 - 02/10/10 11:43 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: ThinkingCap]
Noctuary Offline
pledge

*skipping the entanglement of the posts above me.. I will go back to the OP idea. What older Satanists may offer the young ones. I can't be specific because Satanism is a very individual path to follow. It encompasses you in total. I will say this..and it's never steered me wrong..

Do not move toward Satanism as an escape from something else or out of hate. Move toward Satanism for what it is.

#35417 - 02/10/10 12:38 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Kn [Re: Noctuary]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Noctuary

Do not move toward Satanism as an escape from something else or out of hate. Move toward Satanism for what it is.

Clear and succinct. Says a hell of a lot in a few short words.

#36160 - 03/08/10 04:08 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: ZephyrGirl]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
 Originally Posted By: ZephyrGirl
I can honestly say, the best advice I can give someone young is to listen to some of the older people in your life.

ZephyrGirl

I agree that young people (myself included) can fall into the trap of thinking they know more than they actually know, or thinking that their experience counts for more than it actually does. Just looking back at myself a couple years ago makes me cringe with how stupid I was, and I'll probably be similarly mortified a little in the future.

On the other hand...

I've also met a lot of stuck up geezers who think that the mere fact that they're now incontinent makes them experts on the universe. Granted, not all old people are like this, but there are enough of them that it bears mentioning. These insufferable blowhards were probably idiots when they were my age as well, and chances are this is just something they never grew out of. The only difference is that now they're using their age to try and lend themselves credibility.

As a general rule, I would say that all people get wiser as they age, but the starting point of wisdom and rate of improvement vary drastically from person to person. I can almost guarantee, assuming I don't get hit by a bus, that I will be much wiser ten years from now than I am now, and people I know are generally wiser now than they were ten years ago. They're not necessarily better than me. Often, but not always.

My biggest issue with this is when I meet a person way older than me who keeps making the same mistake over and over again. I've met people in their 30's, 40's, 50's, even 60 and up who have the same immature relationship issues you expect to see in 12 year olds. I'm always told that I'm in no position to judge them, having never been married/divorced/a mother (etc) myself. I'm sorry, I just don't buy it. Just because I personally haven't been through your particular situation doesn't mean that I can't tell that you're doing it wrong.

Just because I'm not a mother myself doesn't mean I can't tell you're letting your kid run around like a brat and drive every other person in the room crazy. Just because I've never been married doesn't mean I can't tell you have an issue with going through husbands like popcorn. Just because I've never had the specific type of issue you're having with your ex-husband at this exact moment doesn't mean that I can't tell you're overreacting to what he said. Just because I'm not panicked about my clock ticking doesn't mean I can't tell it's dumb to try to deceptively get pregnant with a guy who doesn't want kids.

Worst of all, I'm sick of hearing older people whine to me about problems that I outgrew at my age. I'm not going to try and offer advice to someone older and more experienced; I'm in no position to do so and they probably wouldn't take it anyway. But don't come crying to me, and don't expect me to feel sorry for you, if I knew better when I was half your age.

Page 7 of 16 « First<56789>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.