Page 9 of 16 « First<7891011>Last »
Topic Options
#39456 - 06/21/10 11:04 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Enkis As Sassin]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
You didn't seem to come here looking for a fight, so I won't go apeshit on you like the nasty little voice inside me tells me to do. However, I have some serious issues with your logic.

Quote:
If doubt crosses your mind, void meditate to clear your thoughts and be centered again.

WORST. IDEA. EVER. This is just like Christians saying "if you have any doubts about the goodness of God, just clear your mind and ignore it! Think happy thoughts!"

I mean, LISTEN TO YOURSELF. You're saying "ignore anything that might contradict your belief system". This is the very definition of narrow-mindedness.

If your ideas have any worth, they should be able to withstand scrutiny and logical evaluation. Otherwise you've just been duped into another delusional religion promising you sky-cake.

===

Quote:
To young Satanists

Why only "Young" Satanists? Because they are more impressionable with illogical concepts? Young Satanists have a tendency to cling on to whatever ideas they hear, because there is still an ideological wound from their internal split with Christianity. The last thing you need to do is indoctrinate them into ANOTHER absurd patriarchal religion.

Quote:
There is more than what you can see, there is more than what you know

What gives you authority to tell us what we SHOULD see and know? What are your credentials that let you assert that Satan is Enki and he can communicate telepathically or whatnot with people? Are you some sort of holy prophet with astounding revelations of the universe? Or just another dude who read something cool on the internet and decided to regurgitate it because it sounded neat and gave him a ritual boner and a trippy "spiritual experience" or two?

Quote:
Satanism is based on yourself and only yourself, the connection you have with the Gods of Duat and Father Enki himself.

It's times like this I wish I had a hotkey for the phrase "One of these things is not like the other".

Quote:
Many make the mistake that Satanism is based on the physical, it is not, it is both physical and spiritual. Your soul and mind is the driver of your physical body and not your physical body.

Here's a little insight. If it exists, it is physical. If the "spiritual" exists, then it is merely physical phenomenon that we cannot presently describe.

In the ancient world, people thought that the laws of physics did not apply in space, and that the planets and stars were governed by divine forces and gods and demons. When we finally got there, we found a bunch of rocks bound in gravitational movement around a big fiery ball of gas.

The lesson? Scientific truth is often a bit more boring than our superstitious imaginations would like to tell us. Just because there is a present void or anomaly in our experiential knowledge doesn't give us license to fill it with demons or angels or magical pink unicorns.

Quote:
Last but not least, be emotionally controlled. The enemies of Duat and Father Enki are in large numbers and have been for ages. Falling prone to uncontrolled-emotions is a crack in your shield. Be strong, have trust in HIM and the Gods of Duat.

Oh great, another cult of paranoia locked in a cosmic battle of Good vs. Evil.

Quote:
One mistake could be the end of you and i mean not death.

Like ending up in Hell? Or Heaven- since God is actually the Devil... But if Enki is the Devil, who is actually God, then... waitaminute... GODDAMMIT, THE CONFUSION!

Quote:
Enki as Satan

What makes you think that Enki likes being called by the name of a "Hebrew Fiend"? (Sorry, Michael, it's a nice line, had to do it). Why don't you worship Enki with Chaldean incantations and cuneiform tablets like he was historically? Or is the whole "Enki" thing an afterthought and an excuse to use pentagrams and goat-heads and goetic sigils by convincing yourself it's actually part of an ancient Eastern religion?

In conclusion... we Satanists have left Christianity and other faiths because they are outrageous dogmas mired in superstition, paranoia, narrow-mindedness, and ignorance of reason and reality... what makes you think that any rational person would want to buy your ideas you're peddling when they're THE EXACT SAME THING AS CHRISTIANITY? I'll pass, thank you.

Overall, I think this response might not even matter to you, since you admit to deliberately ignoring anything that doesn't fit into your belief system. (The very embodiment of ignorance) This might have even been a "hit and run" post, where you feel like some self-righteous "Warrior for Enki" battling against the forces of LaVeyan Atheism and persecution, and then smugly retreat back to your little corner of the internet, hoping that at least one or two people might stumble across your post and become filled with religious zeal.

All I can say is, wake up, dude. Smell the goddamned coffee.

Edited by The Zebu (06/21/10 11:15 AM)

#39503 - 06/23/10 01:39 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: The Zebu]
zippadydooda Offline
pledge

Loc: San Diego, California
I don't think god was there to damn the coffee, lmao.

Seriously though, minus the flame wars and idiots like Enkis As Sassin, this thread has been somewhat of a goldmine of life experiences, advice, and all that jazz. It's not quite my place to suggest this, but I've enjoyed this thread very much, and would appreciate if anyone could get back to the original topic. Thanks.

#39506 - 06/23/10 03:48 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: zippadydooda]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Here's one for life.

People talk shit, they can talk a good game, they can con the best of them or have a silver tongue.

No matter what happens, their actions will always end up showing what is in their heart.

That is when you know if they really have your back and you can trust them or if they will cut and sell you out when the shit hits the fan.

Morgan

#39518 - 06/23/10 11:40 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Anthony West]
Fnord Offline

Loc: Texas
 Originally Posted By: Anthony West
Overall, we want to know what you older Satanists know and what you want us to know.

When a young person registers for discussion(key word) on a site like this one and posts an intro thread that starts off...

"I'm new and I haven't read the Satanic Bible..."

I stop reading the intro.

One can familiarize oneself with the basic tenets of Satanism in an afternoon. Application and understanding and study are lifelong... but the basics are simple. Do a little homework.

Edited by Fnord (06/23/10 11:41 AM)

#39605 - 06/27/10 09:31 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Anthony West]
Marcel Fontaine Offline
lurker

Loc: Connecticut, USA
Just a word of advice to the young people who are considering Satanism. If you want to know all about Satanism go to the bookstore and buy The Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor LaVey that book will tell you all you need to know about Satanism.

#39609 - 06/27/10 10:41 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Marcel Fontaine]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: Marcel Fontaine
Just a word of advice to the young people who are considering Satanism. If you want to know all about Satanism go to the bookstore and buy The Satanic Bible by Anton Szandor LaVey that book will tell you all you need to know about Satanism.

No it won't, actually. Its "Book of Satan" and "Enochian Keys" had nothing whatever to do with Satanism, and the "Book of Lucifer" essays & "Book of Belial" ritual instructions reflected and were pertinent to the Church of Satan 1966-69. Within a year of its 1970 release, the SB was already obsolescing within the Church as the depth, implications, ramifications, and scope of Satanic theology, philosophy, and practical application continued to evolve.

Someone curious about Satanism would be better advised simply to visit the 600C and read extensively around it. I have said it before: Most of the posters here are impressively sophisticated and have taken the time & brainpower to really munch on this concept. What emerges is obviously not homogenous, but arguably Satanism neither need nor should be that. [The only pontificator here who is completely right all the time is of course myself.]

As for the original question of this thread, I would say [as I usually do] to anyone curious about "Satanism": Go away and try everything else first. If one of them punches your ticket, you will be happy and save Satanists the trouble of dealing with someone who really wants to be a Buddhist, Thelemite, Wiccan, Catholic, etc. Like Parsifal or Siegfried, the true seeker of the Black Flame must be pure of soul to perceive and receive it. Then there is no going back.

#39647 - 06/28/10 10:48 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Anthony West]
NeoZombie Offline
pledge

Loc: Minnesota, USA
Here is all the rage in the latest spiritual technology, Eye can either fallow the white light or crawl out the dark tunnel and back into the universe. We shall celebrate the divinity of life or horror in the glory of war. Any religion that has been built on a bedrock of blood is nothing more than a bastardized flipper-baby fit for the grill.

ta ta ;-)

#40004 - 07/05/10 10:31 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Anthony West]
Wicked Satanist Offline

Loc: Michigan
My biggest piece of advice to those starting out on their path is three fold. 1. Take Everything With A Grain Of Salt. 2. Don't Believe Everything You Hear Just Because Of Who It's Coming From. 3. Question Anything That Doesn't Sit Right With You.

I'd like to share a quote from a World Renown Religious Leader... "Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything simply on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find anything that agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."
~ Buddha ~

#43149 - 09/22/10 03:14 AM Re: What Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: exadust]
nocTifer Offline
pledge

Loc: Khazakstan
 Originally Posted By: exadust
...I would like some feedback on what I should expect in the years to come! ...

without knowing more about you and how your Satanism is playing out, it's very difficult to make such an assessment, but i'll do my best.

presuming that the greater hurdle of the satanic moral panic is behind us, and (at least in English speaking environs) secular authorities have put that subversion folklore to rest rather stridently for the foreseeable future, we are beginning to see additional waves of what i have labeled the Great Martyrdom Cult constructing more extreme goth-horror religious sects. these are more and more amusing in their character and ideologies, and what started with witchcraft religion in the 1950s and graduated to satanist religion in the 1960s was followed by vampire religion in the 80s-90s, an attempt (someone just wrote a Bible to reinvigorate it after Schreck and Co.!) at werewolf religion, and, so far in the late 90s and early 2000s, a demon-worshipping religion (text by Connolly et al is slightly better than other pitiful Lulu baubles for its chewability, but still silly and ignorant in spots). whereas i have outlined the theme in "Manifesto Satanika", the exact forms and characters will be amusing and surprising (the most fun i've seen so far is attempting to turn what is called 'the Cthulhu mythos' into a 4th Way vehicle).

meanwhile, the LaVeyan Satanism dynasty portion of our Satanity has crumbled a bit with the Death of Black Pope I, and the veneer has worn off of the sideshow pioneering that was the Church of Satan. cogent theistic and independent alternatives have been advocated in comparison and contrast, and a pop-cultural whorl from which to draw has roiled up during the last of the 20th century and initiated a post-modern, post-mortem phase to this Frankenstein Satan-monster. with blockbuster horror, multi-A and B-movie Fausts, and such comical escapades as Little Nicky dotting that provisual landscape, there is only ever more from which to choose to construct a modern self-religion of aesthetic delight and stimulation.

I think you'll witness the complete deposition of the Church of Satan as it gets more firmly behind the notion of individualism as the basis for Satanian virtue, else chance being left behind as a dinosaur. you'll probably see the rise of more blatant theistic Satanism and a flourish of controversy as its tentacles continue to manifest instances of all the issues indwelling to religion across the globe (human and other animal (pet!) sacrifice, abandoned historicity, unnecessary hierarchy, and of course the usual sociopolitical demons of the last century in fascism and serial killer motifs, at times combined with whacky Hermetic ancient Sumerian astronauts!).

pursuant to the theme of demon-worship, we can expect to see comparable ideological constructs as were featured in Asetian Biblical advocation, integrating reincarnation fantasy elitism and possible predatorial supremacy. within the novelty there will probably be role-playing emphasis on what 'being a demon really is', with legitimizing focussed on transphysical Hermetic world-hatred on the order of Gnosticism or misunderstood infantile sex-repression (BDSM role-playing). the best aspects of this will probably be epicurean and ecological, but given the likelihood that it will also sport an extensive mythos and may lay claim to ancient astronauts or Nine Unknown Men Illuminati Templar conspiracies, its finer aspects are liable to be buried in a heap of unsalvagable trash.

truly forward-looking aspiration in an intellectual mode such as is featured in the Temple of Set and the Dragon Rouge and other worthies may surpass the cul-de-sacs of ceremonial magic and Thelemic Beast-worship. if so, and they can somehow let go of their interests in looking back to Neopagan glories or into never-extant fantasy realms, they may offer conventional society something more potent as an alternative to secular ennui and existential angst.

where you may fit into any of this or how much of it you may encounter is very difficult to know, because it will depend on your proximity to the genius bringing it about, and your interest in seeking out whatever isn't near to you. the internet is likely to be an assist in this regard, and we are all blessed to have it available. the World Map feature of this site, in combination with a variety of networking devices such as instant messaging and Twitter, make possible connection to innovation in a timeliness unlike what has heretofore been known to the Satanic newbie.

Edited by nocTifer (09/22/10 03:22 AM)

#43151 - 09/22/10 04:51 AM Re: What Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: nocTifer]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

I am impressed...
You wrote down the history for what you think that belonged to Satanism. Start sucking your thumb for what you think shall happen while the non-present coherence receives a few more death-blows in the last paragraphs.

You really are a joke. What did that answer actually had to do with exadust's quoted part?

A good way of spreading pseudo-intellect and wasting my time.

#43162 - 09/23/10 03:42 AM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Anthony West]
manofsteel Offline

Loc: Indiana U.S.
Just keep learning and don't over question someone. Be you and that is all that matters. Be satan and take it into your hands.

Hail Satan!!!

#49108 - 02/18/11 03:33 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Anthony West]
Hegesias Offline

Practical experience will illuminate the Dark in the self and all around, books are the subjecture of others, abstractions. Go to the abstractionless Source, assert your Sinister Will to Power through and over opposites in real life, presence the Dark through Sinister deeds and be vitalised. Be inspired to make your own path back to the crossroads where opposites come from—The Dark Night of the Soul. Cultivate Dark empathy. Use the images and ethos of that which was once your own conditioning to bring about anarchistic causal change and create new.

To never submit to anyone or anything including established orders of Satanism, out with the old and in with the new. Young people are the new.

#49142 - 02/19/11 12:06 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Hegesias]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
Practical experience will illuminate the Dark in the self and all around, books are the subjecture of others, abstractions. Go to the abstractionless Source, assert your Sinister Will to Power through and over opposites in real life, presence the Dark through Sinister deeds and be vitalised. Be inspired to make your own path back to the crossroads where opposites come from—The Dark Night of the Soul. Cultivate Dark empathy. Use the images and ethos of that which was once your own conditioning to bring about anarchistic causal change and create new.

You could have shortened it down towards "get out and away from behind the computer screen and start living (/experiencing) life". But then again, repeating that one sentence 100x will still result in people staying in cyberspace while chatting about their work/school or little escapades, not knowing there are things beyond that.

#49160 - 02/19/11 05:17 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Dimitri]
Hegesias Offline

Simply going out and experiencing life does not necessarily advocate a practical application of any established or otherwise ones own Satanism/ Satanic philosophy, nor would simply 'getting out there' be indicative to the cultivation of sinister empathy for that matter. The world is populated by go lucky Homo Nullus pottering all over the place 'experiencing life', for all it's materialistic comforts and low level stimulation. In fact living bereft of human interactions for a peroid of some months will enable the initiate to attain a certain one-pointedness meditation/ insight into Him/ Herself.

From His/ Her study environment a Satanist may create/ forge swords of death, these would be Sinister musical or literary compositions to influence, create disruption/ causal change upon releasing them into the causal continuum. At the place of His/ Her study is as good as any. A subversive Sinister intellectual for example would at some point require to be preserved and fulfilled by the opposite more extrovert aspects of his potential. The point is to do Sinister deeds, what these are depend on the Sinister individuals natural Occult abilities among the other factors that also ought to be cultivated.

Sinister feminine traits/ abilities such as esoteric empathy and masculine Satanic qualities/ traits such as the assertion of Will to Power to be cultivated/ asserted through practical field work. A small group of Satanists/ participants may arrange a series of mental/ physical 'tests'. Building Sinister character, experience.

#49162 - 02/19/11 06:23 PM Re: Things Older Satanists Want Younger Ones To Know [Re: Hegesias]
LucyFur Offline

Loc: Bible Belt, USA
So basically, you are saying that in order to be a Satanist you need to go live in a cave and contemplate your naval (using your third eye, of course) for a period of time to cultivate your sinister empathy in order to be a sinister intellectual so you can go do sinister deeds with your natural occult abilities, sinister traits and sinister character.

Yeah, I get it.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Originally Posted By: Hegesias
Simply going out and experiencing life does not necessarily advocate a practical application of any established or otherwise ones own Satanism/ Satanic philosophy, nor would simply 'getting out there' be indicative to the cultivation of sinister empathy for that matter. The world is populated by go lucky Homo Nullus pottering all over the place 'experiencing life', for all it's materialistic comforts and low level stimulation.

So, what the fuck is wrong with experiencing life and its materialistic comforts?

Am I in the wrong forum? I thought I was on the Satanic forum, not the grotto of sinister virgin monks and wizards forum.

my bad.

Page 9 of 16 « First<7891011>Last »

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.031 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.